Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

(Open Akail Hunt!~) In Darkness, Light

Postby Wyndhail » 05/16/2009 5:51 PM

ImagexImage
Sandria
( Sandria will be in human form during this RP. 8D Your pets don't have to be. )
It was very dark in here. And sorta cold, too.
Sandria held the lantern in her hand, hoping it wouldn't go out. The light from the wick atop the slowly melting wax candle gleamed inside the glass case, and the Werecain girl proceeded to regret not bringing more matches.
Her feet- graced with some vibrantly rainbow stockings and nothing else- made very little noise on the cold stony floor, eyes glancing around what she could see illuminated by the firelight. There were the occasional engravings on the stone walls, in an indecipherable language from the time of the hunters. The girl's ears were just as good as a human as in her true Werecain form, and she listened carefully for signs of life around her.
Specifically, the Akail.
Sandria had always thought of them as interesting creatures, with a predatory yet elegant appearance. Sort of like a lionfish, perhaps. Either way, she wanted to meet one, and maybe even 'befriend' it. Of course, that wasn't too likely. From what she'd heard, they weren't all the most pleasant creatures. Still, she didn't regret coming along here at all. Sandria twirled a finger around a multicolored lock of hair, the other hand still holding the lantern and making sure not to wave it around too much. After all, it wouldn't be very good if her only source of light decided to go out. It was a very inopportune time for that to occur.
And, besides, who knew what an Akail would do to somebody who couldn't see? ... More importantly, what else was in this place? Perhaps there was something horrible besides an Akail that would come eat her, like a huge Battleheart or maybe a particularly malicious Hollowheart.
She did have quite the happy facade, but deep down she sure was pessimistic.
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the lungs of me be crowns over you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Re: (Open Akail Hunt!~) In Darkness, Light

Postby Thunder » 05/16/2009 6:26 PM

ImageImage
Yang and Relekki (quad form)

"Oh boy, an adventure! Relekki exclaimed, bounding into the cave. The Sugarberry Kuhna's tails swished around happily. Since when was the last time he and Yang got to go out and explore? Their paws thudded eagerly against the cold floor of the cave, their spirits bright even though shadows surrounded them. Yang followed her bouncy friend, her tongue lolling as she raced to keep up with him.

"Slow down a little!" she whined, running up to him and giving him a gentle cuff on the ear. Relekki gave a little growl of annoyance. "I can't run as fast as you, you little hyper nut! And besides, if you use up all your energy, you won't have any left to explore the rest of the cave!"

"Fine, fine!" the energetic Kuhna growled. "But we'd better find an Akail soon!" He slowed down his pace, enough for Yang to walk beside him without losing him. As they went on, Yang thought she saw a faint light in the distance, like a lantern.

"Do you see that?" she whispered. Relekki blinked.

"See what?"

"That light! Over there! What do you think it is?" Squinting his eyes, Relekki now saw that indeed, there was a light. He sped up just a bit, wanting to know what that light was.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/16/2009 6:36 PM

Sandria stopped, one hand dropping from her hair, once she heard voices a little distance behind her. There was no hissing voice that she attributed with an Akail, but rather two distinct voices. One was female, the other male... The footsteps quickened behind her as whoever-they-were neared, and Sandria turned quickly around once the Sugarberry Kuhna neared. She was completely sure that it was not an Akail, and it probably didn't mean her any harm.
Once the Sugarberry Kuhna got close enough to her, the Werecain girl held the lantern out slightly so that she could see him more clearly. A bright smile appeared just then. "Hello!~"
She didn't question his presence. Just yet, at least. Sandria looked up, squinting slightly to make out the other shape in the fireglow. She could only just see a faint outline, but it looked sort of canine. She couldn't really tell if it was a Fellox or a Tali or whatever else yet, though. The thought of a Fellox reminded her of Arcius. That peculiar Void Fellox she had met, once. She felt a bit sorry for him, and the feeling returned briefly. However, she had people to greet!
"It's dangerous out here, isn't it...?"
Sandria was one to talk, though. She was just one person with a lantern and some fluffy hair.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/16/2009 6:54 PM

Relekki skidded to a halt, almost bumping into the girl. She was holding a lantern, which apparently was the source of the light. "S-sorry!" he stammered, backing away a few steps and looking up at her. "I just saw something glowing, so I wanted to see what it is." He grinned bashfully. Yang padded up behind him, tilting her head at Sandria.

"Dangerous?" she laughed. "I'm excited! We're looking for an Akail. Maybe...are you trying to find one too?" Neither the Tali nor the Kuhna expected to see anyone else in these dark, damp caverns. But the more the merrier, they supposed. I'd hate to go alone! thought Yang, still looking at Sandria. Her ears were perked up, alert to any small sound that was in the cave. There was the dripping of water, the quiet echoing of there voices...she didn't hear anything that might sound like an Akail.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/16/2009 7:05 PM

Sandria blinked, looking curiously down at Relekki once he said sorry... for whatever reason.. "Oh, there's no problem." However, once Yang approached, her bright smile returned again. "It turns out, yes, I am. Since you guys are too, I guess I'll go with you! After all, safety in numbers." She paused, glancing down at the lantern. "My name's Sandria. I'm actually a Werecain but, well, it's not as easy to get crushed or something if you're in a human form. It's nice to meet you. What are your names?"

As she was talking she remained alert as well, making sure nothing decided to sneak up on them and scare the wits out of her. And not just her, but probably the others, too. Still, there was no noise that she didn't expect to hear, and she calmed down.

A bit.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/16/2009 7:20 PM

Relekki sighed in relief, glad that Sandria wasn't angry at him. "I thought that light might have been an Akail's eyes," he said, pawing at the lantern. "I dunno what they look like, so I guessed. I heard they have more than two eyes though!" He smiled at Sandria. "I'm Relekki, the very first Sugarberry Kuhna to step in Evelon!" Yang rolled her eyes.

"Stop boasting about that!" she complained, giving him another friendly cuff. Relekki squirmed and pouted at his companion. "I'm Yang," the Tali continued, glancing back at the Werecain. "Reli's kinda nutty, so I hope you can deal with a bit of hyperness!"

"I'm not that hyper!" Relekki meowed, the pout still on his face. Yang laughed at his expression, amused to no end.

"Ok, well where should we start?" she asked Sandira, gazing around the cave. It was pretty dark, so she couldn't make out any passages clearly, but the light from the lantern helped.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/16/2009 9:04 PM

Sandria nodded, laughing slightly at Relekki's introduction. She looked at Yang, the Werecain's friendly smile never seeming to dissipate. At least, not in pleasant situations like this one. "I can deal with it. I've had my fair share of hyperness over the years myself." Indeed, she'd met some rather interesting characters over the years. Of course, there were some who were more mellow and some who didn't seem to have any good humor at all: Arcius, Asmo... Well, the Hollowheart's name had really been Asmodeus, and he had hated the nickname she had given him. That didn't make her stop calling him it, though.
At the inquiry of where to start, she tilted her head slightly in thought, but then returned to normal position. "Well, we can't find anything if we just stay in one place. I suppose we'll just explore until we run into something. Or, well, someone. And maybe, once we get an Akail, they'll lead us back out! As long as we don't make too many turns, we won't get lost."

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/16/2009 11:03 PM

To be honest, Yang wasn't too sure about "they'll lead us back out" part, but not wanting to dampen the cheery spirits of her companions, she kept her muzzle shut. "Maybe someone should make a map," she suggested. "So as we walk, we will have something to guide us back if we get lost."

"Oh, oh!" Relekki exclaimed, hopping up and down. "I took a sheet of paper with me and a pencil just in case." He reached behind his ear with a paw and batted it until a crumpled up ball of paper and a rather short pencil fell down to the ground. Relekki attempted to unravel the paper, but that was hard to do, seeing as he did not have opposable thumbs. The Sugarberry Kuhna glanced up at Sandria, the only one who could operate a pencil properly because she was in human form. "Can you do this?" he asked, prodding the rolled up paper.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/16/2009 11:41 PM

"Good idea! But where will-- oh."
Sandria watched Relekki's attempts to uncrumple the paper, her expression looking as though she was expecting the Sugarberry Kuhna to, eventually, ask for her help. And once he did require her assistance, she was glad to offer it. "Yep." She bent over, picking up the pencil and slightly less smooshed wad of paper from off of the cold stone floor with one hand. It was hard to do this when she needed to keep the lantern up as well, but she managed. Smoothing it out as best as she could, she stood up from her kneeling position. Pondering how to write while standing up, she then proceeded to press the paper against the wall next to a couple of ancient runes. The Werecain presumed those were created by the Hunters, and if she could read them they would probably be very interesting. Of course, she couldn't, and resumed illustrating a map with her wrist pressing against the paper to keep it against the wall and her other hand raising the lantern up next to the paper.
"I figure we'd be able to get out without any further assistance once we got to this point, so to save space I'm going to start the map here..."
In rather neat print, Sandria wrote 'start' in a small straight tunnel she had drawn about an inch from the bottom of a paper. "This is probably going to look like a maze when I'm done."
With that, she moved away from the wall, holding the paper and pencil in one hand at her side. "Alright. I suppose we could go any direction from here... Well, except for the direction we came from."

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/17/2009 10:51 AM

Relekki and Yang watched as Sandria scribbled down a rough pinpoint of where they were now. While she was doing this, the two pets sniffed around for an Akail, but the musty smell of the cave overwhelmed their olfactory senses.

"Man, I can't scent a thing with this damp stuff all around!" Relekki said, rubbing his nose. "I guess we just have to use our ears and eyes." He bounded around the area, looking for some sort of passage they could use. He pressed his paw against the cave wall and walked around. After a while, his paw hit empty space; he assumed there was a tunnel here.

"Did you find anything?" Yang called to him.

"Um...yeah, there's a tunnel where I am right now." Yang looked at Sandria.

"Do you wanna go there? We'll just follow you."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/17/2009 1:01 PM

Sandria nodded to Yang, walking up to where Relekki was. She peered into what she could see of the tunnel, probably to make sure there was nothing else in there. There obviously was not, from what she could see illuminated by the lantern, and she quickly scribbled down a left turn on the makeshift map coming from the little 'start' message tunnel. It didn't matter if she illustrated every direction she could find coming from everywhere, she was just trying to get the main idea of the places the group had gone.

"Well, I guess this is where we're going to start," Sandria said, and began to walk at a decent pace down the tunnel with a glance behind her at Relekki and Yang.

"To avoid getting bored to death," the Werecain girl suggested, "I guess we're going to have to tell eachother about ourselves or something." She paused, a hand drifting back up to her hair again and twirling lightly around a few strands of it. It seemed to be a habit of hers.

"I don't live with anyone in particular, so as a Werecain I'm not really 'owned'... But I guess I stick around a few of my friends." Sandria then noted that some of them she wouldn't really call 'friends'- indeed, she wasn't sure if two certain people in that category wanted anything to do with her. Oh, well.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/17/2009 1:16 PM

Yang and Relekki looked at each other, then moved along with Sandria into the tunnel they had found. Their footsteps echoed quietly in the cave, and their voices rang whenever they spoke. True, they were both a bit scared, but the feeling of excitement and adventure washed out any doubts they had. A conversation sounded like a good idea; it would lighten up the darkness.

"Well I have a brother named Yin," Yang said, picturing his black pelt in her mind. "I think he has a crush on this one other Tali...Skelker or something? But she hasn't been around lately, so he's kinda down in the dumps."

"My dad is this really odd colored Kuhna named Smoothie," Relekki chimed in. "He's white like a Common Kuhna, but his stripes are bright pink and green! And humans always say he has Berry Kuhna genes. One time we had a family reunion in Idalani, but I almost drowned..." Relekki winced at the memory of water entering his lungs. He was so glad that his parents had been able to save his life. "So now I don't like water at all!"

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/17/2009 1:34 PM

Sandria listened quietly until both of her new companions finished, then looked down at Relekki while she walked.

"Really...? I always thought felines didn't like water in the first place." She thought about it for a few moments, then continued. "I know one big Clockwork Hollowheart who electrocutes everything and shuts down when he goes in water, though. And he's already kinda, well, full of errors anyway. I think he was badly programmed or something." Yes, that was Asmodeus. (Or Asmo.)

She sort of felt sorry for the guy, because he wasn't ever meant to exist and he glitched all the time like a Mekkayena, but he wasn't that nice most of the time she was around him. Maybe he was just mad about the glitching.

"I also know this one really weird Fellox... He's probably weird because he's Void, though. He can memorize everything perfectly... and he stares at people a lot. Kind of creepy." She knew he didn't actually mean to do it, it was more of a subconcious thing, but whatever. Still pretty creepy. While she walked, she listened carefully. She knew there was something out there, somewhere, but they'd just have to wait and see if they found the something or not.

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/17/2009 5:06 PM

Relekki shuddered, remembering the feeling of nearly drowning to his death. "Well I guess I just hate it even more." The two listened to Sandria, picturing the Clockwork Hollowheart and Void Fellox in their minds.

"That is kinda creepy," Yang said. "We have some weird pets too...like there's this one Lucain who thinks blood tastes good." Upon mention of the Lucain, Massacre, both pets felt as if the darkness had pressed closer to them. "Um...I guess I shouldn't mention him in the dark, should I?"

"Yeah, you shouldn't," Relekki answered, twitching his tails nervously. He turned back to Sandria. "But there's a lotta nice people too. There's this one Treasure Serraptor, Glint. She used to have a small ice cream shop in Nabias, and now she helps to run the farm." He paused. "And then two Paragon came. Thunder always wanted a Paragon, but when we went to go tell her that Tori was here, we couldn't find her at all. It was really weird."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 05/17/2009 5:47 PM

"... Ew, blood. Creepy." Sandria paused, imagining that. Ew, indeed. Time for a subject change!

"Well, I know a Plush Slynx named Arron... He can't see very well and he's pretty paranoid, but I guess he's sweet once you actually get to know him. Then there's Adonis... He's an Arkuhna. He's a bit morbid at times, but he paints very nice things... He's pretty interested in birds, and other things like that." The Werecain rather quickly made the tunnel on the paper longer using the pencil Relekki had given her, and resumed talking as she walked through the darkness.

"Adonis likes dark things. Maybe I should've invited him." Well, he was kind of spooky on occasion, considering that he was interested in death and all of that business, but he typically stopped his morbid chatting once he was scolded by someone and moved on to a slightly brighter topic.

"I've never actually seen a Paragon. Well, not in person, but I've seen pictures and heard things about them. I'm always interested in the different creatures that live around Evelon... That's why I'm here, after all."