Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Getting Away {{Private Akail Hunt}}

Postby Carlie » 06/03/2009 9:29 PM

It was far too dark for Koro's liking. He was walking down one of the tunnels. Why? To find an akail. Not that he particularly wanted to. In fact, he had no idea what he would do if he did find one. So really, this was sort of pointless. But he had to find something to occupy his time. Ever since he left his past life behind, left her behind, he had to have something to focus on or he would become a total wreck. At least now he had something to think about...the fact that he needed to find a way to avoid being killed by an akail.

He shook his head. This was stupid. What was he thinking? It was such a dumb idea to just walk down some tunnel with a chance of getting lost or eaten. Somehow...he didn't care so much. He just felt really apathetic towards everything right now. That had actually been the case rather often lately. He looked as far down the tunnel as he could see. Nothing. Why did he even think he'd find an akail here? Sure, he had heard there were some in the Craiss Caverns. But chances were, he had picked wrong tunnel, right?

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Re: Getting Away {{Private Akail Hunt}}

Postby Moofius » 06/03/2009 11:52 PM

"Oh my gosh, we're really here!"

The lucain pranced further into the cavern. They'd been here at least an hour and still she was overly excited. Bee, the more level headed of the two, was not so much.
"Bumble?" she asked, looking tired, ears drooped.
"Wait! Wait!" Bumble giggled, one ear cocked down another tunnel way. She spoke in a louder whisper but then turned her head towards this side tunnel before barking out a greeting.
"Hello... hello... hello..." the echo sounded just as excited as Bumble, just as peppy. Exactly the same, even.

Bee sighed, "Bumble... Why are we here? I mean... What are the chances we'll just find a hot spring? Usually there's some science involved..." the kuhna trailed off, the flame of her tails flickering off the rocky, repetitive surface of the cavern. This place was boring.
"And what if we run into an akail?"

Bumble paused, a thoughtful look on her lips, "Well..." Bee looked excited, half expecting a real answer.
"We'll ask if she knows where there is a hot spring!"

Oh man. This was going to be a long search.
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1065
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/04/2009 12:00 AM

Hello... Koro's ears perked up as he heard a voice. So he wasn't as alone in here as he thought. He stopped walking for a moment, listening to the faint sound of voices. It was hard to tell exactly how far away they were coming from with the way the tunnel echoed. When he was fairly sure that he knew at least the general direction that the voices were coming from, he walked towards them. Maybe it would be nice to have someone to talk to.

As he followed the sounds, the voices got slightly louder. He was sure that he was fairly close to whatever creatures were in the tunnel with him.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/04/2009 2:12 AM

The light of the white flames was pure but the sharp shadows that it threw made the area around them sppoky and the darkness ahead even scarier.

"Bee?" Bumble asked, sounding quite a bit calmer now, both ears cocked towards the tunnel.
"Mmm...?" The kuhna said, distractedly trying to check a particularly dark area that was larger. large enough to hide one of those scary akail things? Could be. Ugh, here's to hoping they don't run into one of those!
"Do you hear that?"
Panic as the heiv kuhna spoke, "Hear what?"
"Footsteps," No concern in the female lucain's voice; simply stating a fact of interest.
"Do you think... it's an akail?"
"Dunno, maybe we should ask," there was excitement in her voice and the lucain sucked in a lungful of air.
"Bumble WAI-!!!"

"HEY! ARE YOU AN AKAIL!?"
They'd know soon enough; exactly what Bee was afraid of.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/04/2009 2:23 PM

As Koro listened to the others in the cave nearby, he heard one of them ask if he was an akail. "No!" He yelled back. He walked a bit closer, until he saw the lucain and kuhna. Their colors matched rather well, he though. They could almost be related...although they were different species, so that was unlikely. "I'm Koro." He said, giving them a small smile.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/04/2009 8:41 PM

The heiv kuhna actually jumped back, strangling out a scream when whoever it was replied. So there really was somebody down there!
"What's a Koro?" Bumble asked, curious now, her tails wagging happily behind her. It'd be nice to make a new friend; akail or not.

Bee was not quite in the same mentality, backing away a few steps. Then there was something in her light. Sharp shades danced over the creatures face for a moment, the light all wrong for viewing. A small squeak, the bad luck of backing up into a rock and the kuhna was on her bum, the light throwing the male lucain into perspective.
"Oh you sscared us!"
That was a lie in that Bumble didn't seem scared in the least, "Hello Koro! You're a handsome young man, much to brightly coloured for this place, maybe. The names Bumble! The kuhna is Bee."
The kuhna nodded, looking embarrassed.
"H-hello..."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/04/2009 8:49 PM

Koro thought for a second. "I'm a Koro." He answered, not sure what else to say. He chuckled lightly. Maybe it would be nice to make a few new friends. He really didn't have many here- they were all back in his own home. He attempted to push the thought aside. "It's nice to meet you both." He gave Bee a smile, as if saying that he understood why she would be a bit frightened at first; they were, after all, in a dark, creepy tunnel. Who knows what you could run into?

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/04/2009 9:29 PM

Bumble laughed, still wagging her tails happily, taking care of any pesky awkward silences.
"What brings you down here? Seems to be a rather unfriendly place without friends. Maybe we could travel together?"
The heiv kuhna looked ready to hurt Bumble. This "Koro" fellow seemed nice enough, but they didn't really know him. What if he was a murderer or something?! Both Bumble and Bee were not equipped, nor trained to fight off a would be murderer. The fact that they were deep in the caves and pretty much lost did not help.
"Do... Do you know the way out?" She was unable to hold back the question nor was she able to hold back the uncertainty there, too.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/04/2009 9:42 PM

Koro smiled, tails wagging slightly as well. He liked Bumble. She was happy; being around someone so cheerful made him feel happy too. "I'm here to find a hot spring I heard about. I also wouldn't mind seeing an akail. And sure, I'll travel with you." He answered. "And you?" He then looked at Bee. "No, I'm afraid not. I've been in here for a long time, I kind of ended up lost."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/04/2009 9:53 PM

Bumble paused, her eyes growing wide... and then the tails started up again, "REALLY?! Us too, we're looking for a natural hot springs, too!" the words echoed off the walls of the cavern, the bright white light flickering around the group of three.
"Ah... I was worried we'd somehow mixed up Craiss Cavern with the Nori Volcano... But if you're here too.. We must be on the right track, right?" the kuhna did seem a bit distraught, a bit confused.
"We are, Bee! I swear! We should keep moving right? I heard all the natural minerals in the hot spring does wonders! Makes you feel young, makes you look it, too. So I've heard, anyway. I guess we'll find out soon, right?"

The lucain pranced on ahead, humming a tune to herself, leaving the light even. Been jumped up to follow, looking to Koro.
"Ah... I guess we'd better follow her..." Bumble could be such a pain sometimes.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/04/2009 10:13 PM

Koro nodded. "Unless I'm lost too. My friend Faye told me that there were some in the area, but she's...not that great with directions." He followed the two of them. Maybe they had some idea where to go. If Faye's directions were correct, he should have found the springs a long time ago. He shouldn't tell them that, though. The kuhna already seemed worried, he didn't want to make it worse. Besides, maybe they would find the springs soon.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/04/2009 11:43 PM

"I'm not that great with directions, either." Bumble said, laughing, sounding shy even, "Maybe we should have invited Grid, she loves maps. I think she'd marry one if she could, hahaha." the lucain's pelt could be seen again, with Bee just behind her. The sparkles from her celestial marking sent light shining around her like a sort of fine disco ball.
"Oh wow cool!" was all she said to the strange reaction. Bee laughed and Bumble joined in.
"So Koro," started the kuhna, listening to Bumble hum some Beatles song or another, "Why are you looking for the hot springs? Any particular reason?"

Just trying to start a conversation.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/05/2009 1:51 PM

Koro laughed with Bee, noticing the way her pelt was shining. Wow, that was cool. Koro shrugged, thinking the kuhna's question over. "I just needed to get out of the house for a while." He answered. "Lately, I can't just hang around there. I...well, I just needed something to occupy my time. When Faye told me about the springs, it seemed like a good enough idea." Truth be told, he wasn't entirely sure why he picked finding a hot spring over anything else. Maybe it just seemed calming, that could be it. He had been under enough stress lately.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/07/2009 12:08 AM

"Oh yah?" Bumble said, sounded interested, "I was just bored and Bee was bored so I decided we should do something. We left not knowing what we were going to do." again she laughed. The heiv kuhna sighed, shaking her head; at least she was smiling.
"We heard somebody discussing a hot springs and... well, here we are."

"You know what's good for occupying time?" Bumble said, sounding excited, "Orienteering! You run around with a map and look for flags! Or shopping... Hey! We should combine the two some time, huh?" Bumbles tails wagged excitedly behind her, "Put flags in stores and and..." the lucain giggled to herself.
"Well, maybe it wouldn't work."

They continued to travel, seemingly aimlessly until...
"Hey! Look! A map!" Cried Bee, running to the side of the tunnel which was becoming a bit cramped. Indeed there was a map, man made and engraved on a flat board of wood. There was paint of different colours marking trails. The legend stated that the blue line lead the way to the hot springs.
"Oh what luck!"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/08/2009 5:54 PM

Koro nodded and smiled. He laughed. "I don't know what the store owners would think of you guys putting flags in their shops." As they walked, he was lost in thought until he heard Bee. "A map!" He followed her to the side of the tunnel and studied the map. After reading it for a moment, he shook his head. Faye's directions were completely wrong. "Well this will make things much easier." He grinned.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next