Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Getting Away {{Private Akail Hunt}}

Postby Moofius » 06/12/2009 1:13 AM

There was a large furry body pressed up against Koro's, also crowding in to see the map. Bumble's face was right against his, "OH~! And we're that little star on the map, yah?" Bumble asked, oblivious to the breach of personal space.

"Yah I think so-Bumble?!" The Heiv kuhna scooted over, pulling bumble away from Koro so everybody had some space; she used her teeth, just grabbing skin off of Bumble. The lucain yelped in surprise before laughing.
"What? What I miss? Was there a spider going to drop on me?" already looking up and around, "Is it on me?"

(( Sorry for the wait. x__x ))
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/15/2009 5:01 PM

Koro moved over a bit, trying to give Bumble room to see the map. He nodded. "Yep, that's us." He laughed when Bee pulled her away and then looked back at the map. "So we were going the wrong way." He said, more thinking out loud than anything. He tried to remember where he had been- he had been in this tunnel for too long to remember where he came from. It was a good thing that he found Bee and Bumble, otherwise he might never have found his way out.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/15/2009 7:59 PM

The map itself looked a bit... rough. Nothing official about it really. The paint sometimes ran out of the grooves, and the grooves looked more like they'd been made by claws then something more... professional. Maybe it wasn't the most trust worthy sign?

Bumble didn't seem to have a problem with it.
"Lets go! So we go back this way, take the first left and then straight and then the second right, right? Then it's right there!" she sounded pretty excited about all of this, eager even, "I can't wait to try out the hotsprings!"
Bee seemed to be scrutinizing the map but finally decided, "...Alright, lets go. We should be careful not to get lost, though. Hopefully if we do we'll find another map..."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/15/2009 8:09 PM

Koro nodded. "That sounds right." He took one more look at the map. It did look rather rough. Oh well. It was probably just...old, that's it. Nothing worth worrying about it. If anything else seemed suspicious, they could always turn around. He began walking, following the direction that the map said, hoping they weren't in any kind of danger.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/16/2009 12:51 AM

There was soft, barely audible clicking sound above them. At first it seemed infrequent, not worth noting. But then it was insistent and had a rhythm to it. Like something walking but...W ell it cam from above them.

Bumble was walking on ahead, humming to herself and not paying attention. Sometimes she'd burst into song something along the lines of:
"We're going to the hot springs,
We're going to the hot springs,
We're going to the hot springs I wonder where it is?"
Sadly it was to the tune of Blues Clues which, for most developed adults, wasn't exactly high quality music. Thankfully the tune she hummed varied more, some were little nursery rhyme tunes, others real songs and still others from kids shows. Well, she was a mom, right?

Bee probably would have noticed but she was so fixated on not tripping over a rock or a piece of wall she'd completely over looked it.

"Where are you three headed?" came the voice which echoed all around them, making it impossible to pinpoint the owner.

(( New Character~? Maybeh Actually, that's a yes. So I need you to post. o___o;; ))

-Post Count Recorded Up To This Point-

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/20/2009 11:10 AM

((I'm really sorry for the wait. ^^;;))

Koro noticed the clicking right away. His ears perked up as he listened more closely. It seemed to come from above them...When Bumble started singing, he couldn't hear it. He didn't say anything just yet. It was probably nothing worth mentioning. Where are you three headed? Hearing another voice made Koro jump, as he looked around in attempt to locate the voice's owner.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/20/2009 6:30 PM

Bumble stopped singing, tipping her head to the side, listening for the voice.
"Hello? We're going to the hot springs!" her tails wagged happily, as if she'd just remembered where they were going.

"I see, said the blind man," the voice chuckled, the click and shifting of rocks, and then a rather large, dark red something dropped on the smaller of the three who let out a high pitched scream that echoed unpleasantly. Further down the tunnel a small pebble slide, or something like it, started at the sound; as if it had been caught by surprise.

"Hot springs, Eh? Plan to loosen up those stiff joints?" cooed the creature, which sounded a bit more threatening and trustworthy then any villain would like if they were, say, making small talk.
"Yes..." Said Bumble, frowning unhappily, "You're sitting on my friend."
Bee grunted as if to say, "I'm said friend."

( S'alright. I joined with a third character without telling you. I thought it'd be more fun that way. << >> <<;;; )

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/22/2009 8:40 PM

Koro jumped back slightly when the red creature dropped down, landing on Bee. He remained silent, letting Bumble do the talking. He wasn't sure this guy could be trusted. He wanted to say something, ask Bee and Bumble's opinions, but that didn't exactly seem like a good idea while the guy in question was standing right there. He would just have to wait and see what happened.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/22/2009 10:36 PM

The light in the tunnel waved about wildly, making the group appear suddenly in and out of shadows.
"Get. Off!" The kuhna gasped, trying to breathe. Laughing quietly the evren bruiser stood and shifted off to the side, the light playing off his jaw strangely. Bumble noticed and starred at the strangers face.
"What happened to your jaw?" she asked, seemingly unable to think before she spoke. Most would politely not mention it and politely not stare; Bumble wasn't most people as she asked and starred.

"This?" he asked, rubbing his jaw, which was a shiny blue-grey metal. The teeth in the jaw fit his "bite" seamlessly, but why did he even have a metal jaw?
"This is an... improvement, from my employer." his upper lip twisted unhappily, showing his lack of love for the strange jaw,

"Why did you drop on me?" Bee asked, licking her fur as it had been ruffled. She didn't seem too concerned, now that the create was off of her... Or... Maybe she did? Bee's eyes never left him and her fur was standing on end slightly.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 06/28/2009 3:23 PM

((I'm really sorry I'm being so slow. I've had a really short attention span lately. o-o; ))

As the bruiser got up, Koro took a step back without realizing it. He noticed the jaw right as Bumble did, but tried not to show that he did. When she asked, he gave up and studied it. Wow...that jaw could probably do a lot of damage. This bruiser was making him feel uneasy, although he did a good job of hiding it. "Who are you?" He asked.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 07/01/2009 2:28 AM

The bruiser smiled, but only his upper lipped showed it; he had no lower lip or anything to replace it. The whole smile was a complete failure. In a smooth motion that should have looked awkward the evren should on it's hind legs and bowed politely.
"I go by Giph. May I ask who travels this tunnels without a clue as to where they are going?"
Bumble didn't even pause in introducing herself, "I'm Bumble! I really think your jaw is cool, even if it makes you look really weird when you smile, almost scary. Did you know that?"
"I do..." The cool composed friendly face faltered into something colder before returning.
"And the rest of you?"

Bee made her way to Bumble, scooting behind her protectively which effected the light which was happily throwing Bumbles shadow all over the place.
"...I'm Bee..."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 07/09/2009 4:50 PM

((Sorry about the wait. I was RVing and the computers there were all REALLY slow. x_x ))

Koro kept trying to hide the fact that the bruiser made him uncomfortable. He forced a smile. "I'm Koro. Nice to meet you." He took a deep breath, he probably had nothing to be worried about. ...Right? "Er, I thought I knew." He chuckled, sounding more uneasy than amused. "I guess my friend's directions weren't very good."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 07/09/2009 10:08 PM

"We were following the map, though!" Bumble said happily, totally oblivious to the weirdness of the situation. Thankfully Bee was neither an idiot, or to shy to show how she felt (at least, not when she was hiding behind a lucain).
"Well we're just going to be on our way now. We don't really... Know you so-" she was interrupted by a creepy, dismissive laugh.
"Oh hey well, public tunnels, right? And we're all heading in the same direction? I thought we could travel together. I heard those, er, akail could be pretty dangerous and devious."

Bumble gasped, turning her back to Giph to look at Bee.
"You know he's right! Maybe we should stick together..."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 07/16/2009 6:22 PM

Koro nodded. "Hopefully now we're on the right track."
Great. He thought when Giph suggested that they travel together. That, in truth, was the last thing he wanted to do. Sure, maybe he was overreacting, but why take the chance? They'd be just fine on their own. But he couldn't just say that- he didn't want to make Giph angry. He looked at Bee, as if pleading her to say no. Maybe she could come up with a good excuse or something.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 07/17/2009 6:18 PM

Bee returned the look, hoping for help. Looked like she was alone in this one. Why couldn't the bigger lucain be brave, huh?
"Er uh well..." Bee sorted mumbled before swallowing, the nervous click it made sounded really loud to her but nobody seemed to notice. Well, almost nobody. A look flashed over Giph's face; subtle, quick and way scary. The heiv kuhna automatically fluffed herself up and scooted away to be with Koro (she didn't want to be near Bumble because Bumble was walking with Giph).
"Er um... Koro..." she whispered, starting to walk while Bumble and the bruiser walked on ahead, just out of reach of Bee's light. That in itself made her nervous.
"Ca-can you please tell Giph we don't want to walk with him? Tell him it's... uh... Like a walk for friends or something...?"

The path ahead of them started to widen a bit, but Bee kept nervously close to Koro, the light that her tails cast made everything so spooky. Up ahead Bumbles laugh had stopped, replaced by Giph's who wasn't even trying to disguise it as friendly anymore. The sound of something heavy falling (a body?) and then pebbles skittering down a slope and then... silence. Not even Giph's laugh.

Bee paused in shock before looking up at Koro, alarm the only emotion (besides fear which was expressed through tears that hadn't yet fallen).
"Bumble?!"
No answer.

(( Ho sheet! XD;;; I just made a story! D8< ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext