Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Speak Up, Would You?

Postby Jaykobell » 12/13/2007 10:54 AM

[center]Image
Amulius, Undead Kuhna male

The Baian Swamp... what a nice and comfortable place... To Amulius's eyes, anyway.

The Undead Kuhna was walking along the road silently and slowly, his paws softly landing in front of the other one to guide him who-knows-where. His only eye was wide open, proving his awareness; he was obviously not tired or sleepy, but well-awake. He had a soft smile upon his figure, despite his odd looks. Indeed, not too many people like the morbid looks of the Undead Kuhnas, or for undead people, for that matter. But Amulius didn't care about what people would think of him; what mattered to him was what was inside, and not his outside.

He had no real idea where he was going, to be truthful. But he wanted to get out of the Pen, and he liked rainy places as well as dark ones; they sooth him. He had no companion but himself...

[1]

[[Umm.... Maybe only one other person. :3 As long as you are PATIENT. x33; Amulius hates talking, especially to strangers. He'll just flick his tails, swivel his ears, wave his paws, but he won't say a word until he finds you worthy of trusting. So, a patient pet, or one that's just determined. :3
It's not a Lifemate RP, really... maybe the pet that he'll meet will become a good friend of his, and then the two could explore the Lands together. So, a pet that likes exploring too, I guess. x3;]]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/13/2007 11:12 AM

[center]Image

Oto?±a, Autumn Kuhna female

The female Autumn Kuhna stepped slowly along the rainy path, her manner silent and calm.  She didn't speak very much; why would she, when her mother was going through the problems she was going through?  All Oto?±a knew was that her mother was set on having a certain Trikuhna male known as Kendoras as her mate, but he thought she was crazy because she said she remembered him from a war.  A war that had happened long, long ago.

She sighed as she looked around again.  She appeared to be alone; no companions from her Pen or from anywhere.  To?±a kept to herself most of the time, mostly because of the fame she got from being one of only two Autumn Kuhnas about.

So what?  She didn't find anything special about it.

She gently kicked a rock to the side as she shook her head.  This was where she belonged; out of the Arena and in the Lands.  She loved exploration almost as much as Nayru loved spellcasting or almost as much as the Arya and Svenn siblings loved music.  She flicked her tails calmly, her mind wandering aimlessly.

{1}

[[Heh... I hope you don't mind... and I'm fairly patient, not to mention I'll be gone for four days, so... yeah. =P  I don't mind waiting a while for replies, and To?±a's just... needing to get away from her "crazy" mother.]]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/13/2007 11:23 AM

[[Somehow, I knew you would be the first person to bounce at this topic. xP Just gimme five posts before leaving. xD;]]

Amulius stopped in his tracks. He raised his nose towards the sky, opened his mouth wide and drank in the scent of the air. Hmm... he could smell the rain, the herb, the general things you can scent in a swamp... but also the scent of Kuhna¬?. He knew it wasn't his own, since his didn't have this new, odd scent to it. Hmm... he found this curious, but he figured a Kuhna would be the source of the scent, and he didn't like speaking to strangers. Words were always misunderstood, anyway.

He continued his walk, finally coming in view with the Autumn Kuhna. From its looks, he could tell it was a she. However, despite this information, he still didn't feel like socializing. He walked by the female Kuhna, saying but no words.

[2]

[[Sorry if I don't spell her name... I can't do those N's on those keyboards. >_>;]]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/13/2007 11:31 AM

[[Oh, don't worry.  I've still got all of tomorrow, Saturday, and most of Sunday before I leave. ^^; Plenty of time for five posts.  Oh, and no problem if ya can't do the ?±.  Totally understand it... but that's what I get for having studied some Spanish vocabulary before I named her! xD]]

Oto?±a's own nose took in the scent of another Kuhna approaching; a male Kuhna.  Oh, great. She thought.  I really, really hate having to talk to people... They always misinterpret me. When she saw the Undead male come into sight, she did not jump, surprisingly.  Her head tilted curiously, a murr coming from her throat.  An Undead Kuhna? She thought to herself.  You don't see those every day... and even then, most people dont' care for them...

Her head tilted curiously as he came slightly closer to her.  She hoped that he wouldn't force her to speak; for that was the last thing on her mind right now.  She might as well have been born mute; she disliked socializing that much, due to what she had heard from the other kits and Kuhnas about her mother.

{2}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/13/2007 7:59 PM

Amulius was surprised that she didn't jump or stop in her tracks as he walked by her side. Usually, people who would but glance at him would shiver, run, stop walking in horror, or just plainly try to do as if he hadn't walked by. He knew very well it was because of his looks, which made him look horrible compared to other Kuhnas, who had colorful pelts, shiny eyes --and two of them --, without scars at every paw and with charm; Amulius had basically none of those common things, which didn't help him. However, this female hadn't reacted to his passage, and his mind was automatically interested in this odd behavior.

After a short while, once the female was behind him, he realized that she hadn't spoken, either. Hmm... unfazed and silent, this female was pulling at his attention for answers. Obviously, he wasn't going to ask the question directly, since this would mean speaking. However, he did think of something else...

He stopped, his back still facing Oto?±a's. He glanced over his shoulder -- his left one, consider he has no right eye -- and tried to spot a rock; a small one, one that wouldn't hurt her. He stepped ahead of it, getting into position, and once he was prepared, he kicked the rock with his hind paw, sending it flying towards the Autumn Kuhna, hitting her wherever. Surely the sudden pain would make her speak, or at least shriek?

[3]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/14/2007 3:13 PM

Oto?±a blinked as the rock gently hit her right on her back, turning to face the Undead Kuhna again.  Her eyes glistened with a tear or two of pain, but she did not say anything at first.  After a moment, she looked down at her paws.  Speak up, a voice said.  Someone has to talk, and it won't be him.  Looking over at him again, she finally said, "Why did you do that?"

Her voice was not accusing, just gently inquiring.  If she had learnt anything from her mother, it was not to lash out at people, but rather take the gentle approach.  She tilted her head curiously, hoping for an answer.

{3}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/14/2007 6:04 PM

Watching from his shoulder, Amulius found it interesting as the rock hit Oto?±a's head, making the female stop to take a look over her back to see where it had come from; his strategy had worked. He didn't flinch to her small tears; he figured they were most likely from surprise and misunderstanding and not from pain, for he hadn't thrown it so hard, unless he wasn't aware of his own strength.

The Undead Kuhna calmly turned around, sitting down on his haunches. However, he said no words still; the apparently silent female had turned into a question-asking female. Interesting; he decided to see if she would figure out why he had thrown the rock, and if she would manage so, maybe then would he speak something.

[4]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/14/2007 7:45 PM

The femme Autumn Kuhna sat down as well, her head tilted curiously.  Looking down at the rock, she thought for a moment.  Maybe... that was to get your attention?  Or maybe he's not used to people not being afraid of him? She thought.  Finally, she looked Amulius.

"My name.... my name is Oto?±a." She started at first, still looking at him calmly, as though he were some other kind of Kuhna.  She said nothing more after that, she just merely looked at him, her eyes showing no sign of fear.

{4}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/14/2007 9:33 PM

Amulius's ears tweaked as the female spoke her name. Oto?±a... he figured it was a word meaning autumn or october, or another word related to the fall season. Hmm... did his name mean anything? He didn't know, but he didn't think so; it was but a name for his identity.

He watched Oto?±a's eyes as she spoke to him, eyes clear of fear or stress. Maybe she indeed wasn't scared of him, or maybe she was simply good at hiding her true feelings. Either way, he still had no proof this female was "worthy," or for a better explanation, "worth the effort of speaking."

Amulius simply waved his tails slowly, showing no signs of stress or anxiety; simply patience in his eyes. Every movements his ears, paws or tails would do would be slow; proof that he had much time to lose, or that he simply had nothing else to do.

[5 -- level up]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/14/2007 10:02 PM

Oto?±a had almost expected the Kuhna to remain silent; he hadn't spoken at all yet.  Tilting her head, she looked at him curiously.  "Is... is there a reason you do not speak?  Is it because you... you are an Undead Kuhna, and others may have scorned you for it?" She asked gently, hoping to not step onto the wrong grounds.

{5--Level up}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/14/2007 10:10 PM

Amulius simply kept listening to her. Apparently, she wanted to know more about him at the moment; his name, why he was quiet, why he refused to share with her... these little things that didn't really matter to tell someone else, in a way.

His movements were still slow, showing yet more signs of calmness from the Kuhna. What she said, however, had been true: he had been scorned by others because of his looks, ever since the beginning of his kithood. People never understood why he had but one eye, why he had scars, why his wings were rotten and therefore unusable for flight... until he grew up, until everyone could see that he was an Undead Kuhna. His parents still loved him, but the feelings he would feel from the other pets was hard to handle... very, very hard. Even though he was called an "Undead Kuhna," he still had emotions, and people seemed to ignore it.

Nonetheless, he spoke no words.

[6]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/14/2007 10:16 PM

The femme tilted her head again as she looked at him, surprised that he had still not spoken.  "Not... not the talkative type, I'm guessing..." She said, falling silent again.  She had not been much different as a kit; because her mother was so in love with another Kuhna, some of the other kits called her a "promise for revenge" against said Kuhna; and nothing more than that.  She had thus fallen silent around her home, not even speaking to Nayru, who was a friend of her mother's.

I just hope that... that what?  He might understand me? She thought.

{6}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/14/2007 10:24 PM

Maybe it was time for him to make things a little bit easier for Oto?±a; to her statement, saying he wasn't talkative, he nodded his head slowly for a reply. He was impressed, how she had managed to stay around him for so long. Usually, people would simply leave him alone; alone in his small, dark corner, so people wouldn't see the horror of his presence... when he was outside, however, people had no way of keeping him in a corner. He was free, and he wouldn't let complete strangers manipulate his actions and thoughts.

How long would this female be able to stand his silence, however? Surely she found it hard to talk when the other person wasn't, which gave her nothing to reply to or say.

How long?

[7]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/15/2007 4:39 PM

Oto?±a inclined her head as if to say, "I see," but she spoke not.  She felt that she had already spoken too much, but she did have a couple of other questions that were easily answered by either a shrug, a head shake, or a nod.  "You... you like exploring?" She asked slowly, her tails swaying peacefully.

{6}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 12/15/2007 8:44 PM

Oto?±a's question picked his curiosity. If he liked exploring? He adored it; seeing new places, new people, new pets, new sceneries... he loved all of it. Exploring meant nourishing his knowledge of the world; while exploring, he could learn tons of things, see a lot of new animals and pets, etc. He loved knowing things; when he is in the unknown, he has simple has to know what the answer to his ignorance is. That was his personality.

Amulius nodded slowly, as expected. His tails were waving constantly, but very slowly, which made it feel like they were moving but only now and then. Apparently, this female wasn't bothered by his silence. Still, he wanted to see how long she would hold on.

[7]
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Next