Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: Welcome {P}

Postby Indigo » 07/13/2009 4:38 PM

Indigo stopped to wait for Wolfie, then decided she was bored with just running. She climbed a dripping tree and prepared to jump between branches. Wolfie started to move again, and Indigo followed, moving faster off the ground.

"How do you do that?" WW2 asked, having a hard time keeping up. "It seems like a physical impossibility."

"Practice," Indigo replied. "I spent a year in a city that was built in the trees."

WW2 nodded and kept running. Lysander was farther ahead, heralded by the rotating orbs. Something scraped the treetops, shaking several leaves down. Indigo froze for a moment, then smiled. Of course. She should have expected this. She snapped her fingers and muttered into her hand. A string of words appeared and snaked through the air toward Wolfie, glowing blue. I'm going up. My dragon is here. I'm not leaving, I'll just be above you.

She grabbed the least slippery tree branch and swung up, then let go, hanging in the air for a heart-stopping moment before landing on the scaly black back. She could feel the rain up here, but she didn't care. The huge head twisted around and large gold eyes examined her.

"Glad you could make it," Roth finally said, grinning. Indigo laughed, and Roth dipped lower.

{5}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/13/2009 4:44 PM

Words appeared in front of Wolfie's face and she read them, looking up for a quick moment, then letting her gaze travel back to it's original position so she wouldn't run into a tree. The smell was extremely strong now, as if she were-

"Wolfie!"

Dunnie hit her with all her might, sobbing into her chest. Wolfie returned to normal, grinning down at the silly Fenling like she had never gotten lost.

"Remind me next time I send you out on your own..." she said. "That you could easily get lost."

Dunnie was blubbering to herself. "...should have never followed the bird... should have never... ever... followed it..."

[10,10,6,5,5]
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, Worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going no where, Going no where
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, No expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
And I find I kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/13/2009 9:31 PM

(Eep! Sorry I took so long.)

Indigo leapt off of Roth's back, causing the dragon to start in surprise, and landed in a crouch near Wolfie. She stood up and shook off some of the water that had collected in her hair, though it was still dripping afterward. "Sorry about that. I guess I thought I was showing off."

At that moment, Lysander came skidding into view, the orbs struggling to keep up. They overshot the blue dog and dropped neatly into Indigo's hand, then vanished into her pocket. WW2 followed, slipping in a mud puddle and rolling into a bush. He stood and shook himself off, trying to ignore Lysander's laughter.

Indigo grinned and wiped mud off her sleeve. "You ought to go home, WW2." The Tali nodded and loped off through the trees while Indigo went over to Wolfie and Dunnie. "What bird?" she asked.

"Of course she asks questions," Lysander muttered to himself, shaking mud from his ears. "Now we'll be here for hours while she finds out about the bird, when all I want is to go home..."

"Stop whining, Lys," said a voice. Lysander turned to see a pair of big gold eyes watching him. "You know it won't be that long."

{6}
[WW2 out.]

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/13/2009 10:11 PM

Dunnie had calmed down ever so slightly but she was still obviously frightened- she was shaking. "It- it was a v-very brightly c-colored bird... It... It looked interesting... s-so I followed i-it..."

Wolfie patted her head softly and crooned under her breath. "Kira? You and Moon want to take her home?"

Kira nodded. "Sure. Should we take Meep and Mu?"

"Yeah," Wolfie said. "That'd be a good idea. You guys should get some rest."

Meep climbed onto Kira's shoulder and Mu joined him. As the five of them began to walk away, talking amongst each other, BloodMoon suddenly turned around and said, "D'you want us to send someone along after us?"

"Hn... Send Golden, so I can get a ride home, and send Sammy- she doesn't get out often enough."

"'K." And then they were gone.

Wolfie turned back to Indigo. "So. Is there anything you'd like to do in the mean time? Golden is fast but Sammy doesn't like to fly and he's really slow on the ground, so..."

[12, 11, 6, 6, 7]
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/13/2009 10:48 PM

(You're not actually required to have a pet in here, by the way.)

Indigo shrugged. "I'unno. I need to be back at the estate or whatever by--" She checked her watch. "--five in the morning to help Maynard du Meer with some apartment enterprise of his, but I'm free till then."

"And then," Lysander said exasperatedly, "we're going all the way to Gyptia to talk to an animated puppet."

"Nope. Pict canceled." Indigo pulled out a throwing knife and idly tossed it from hand to hand. "So anyway...I had this idea, and I wanted to know if it's okay with you. As you know, I created the world of Vandermeer a while ago. There are two high positions: the Dream Catcher, which would be me, since I created the world, and the Dreamworker, who pretty much rules Vandermeer since I'm not there much. The Dreamworker lives in, uh..."

"Gyptia," Roth supplied.

"--Gyptia, thanks, which is the capital. There's this great old house there called the Workshop that he or she lives in. And so..." Indigo kicked a rock. "I was wondering if you would like to be the Dreamworker, since I haven't found anyone else to do it and I think you'd like it. You wouldn't have to stay there forever, of course. You couldf probably have a deputy to handle things in your absence. And...yeah. So...?" She looked up from her knife-tossing.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/14/2009 1:40 AM

(I know I just like leveling up my pets :3)

Wolfie thought for a moment, absentmindedly tapping her fingers against her arm. "So, basically, you would be like the main goddess and I would be president? That would be cool..." She pondered for a moment before saying, "Vandermeer is a cool place... Are there any other... eh... werewolves there?"

She scratched her head and clamped her teeth together. At the sound of the word, a wave of memories had hit her, causing her... other... more animal side to automatically react with anger. She pushed the memories away and focused on her friend in front of her.
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/14/2009 4:05 PM

Indigo blinked. "Well, actually, there are too many different kinds of weres there to count, but I think the majority are werewolves. I'm not sure how many there are in Gyptia, but they're not considered subhuman or anything." She thought for a moment. "Actually, I know a werewolf in Gyptia. His name is Ramtop. But that's sort of beside the point, I think. So do you--"

"I have an idea," Lysander said. Indigo turned to look at him.

"You have an idea?" she asked. "Oh, this should be good."

Lysander looked affronted. "It is a good idea," he said indignantly. "I was thinking we, or you, or whoever could take Wolfie to Gyptia and see how she likes it."

"Much as I hate to admit it, that is a pretty good idea." Indigo turned back to Wolfie. "So...what do you think?"

(Heh, I can't believe I never thought of this before. We could do a Vandermeer rp in the Other Roleplays section if you want. But we don't have to.)

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/14/2009 4:10 PM

(Ooooooh that sounds like a good idea :3)

Wolfie nodded. "I think going to Gyptia would be fun... I think Golden will know that if he doesn't find me here, I don't need a ride... Hn... I leave a message in the dirt."

With that she snapped a dead branch from a tree and, crouching down, began to write in the dirt.

Golden-

Going with Indigo, don't bother trying to find me~

See you at home, W

She stood. "Alright, that should do."
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

Postby Indigo » 07/14/2009 4:31 PM

Indigo grinned. "Okay then. Uh...Hmm...How do we get there...?" She started pacing only to see Roth giving her his "you're-an-idiot" look. She laughed. "Oh, duh! Do you think you can ride a dragon without a saddle? It's the fastest way of getting there."

Lysander was already boarding Roth in his usual way: by means of the old saddlebag hanging from the dragon's neck. "Don't we still have the old saddle somewhere?" he asked, sticking his head into the bag. "I think it's in here..."

"No, I didn't think to bring it," Indigo said. "So...I hope you don't mind?" She swung up onto the dragon's back, settling just behind the bases of his wings. "It's fairly simple. You just sit here, behind me, and find something to hold onto. Like...uh..." She looked around. "I don't know."

Lysander finished scrambling into the bag, which had at one point actually been attached to a saddle. Now they didn't bring the saddle unless they were expecting someone to ride with them. Lysander poked his head out.

(So...once you climb on Roth, he'll take off. You can roleplay that if you want, since it'll get us out of here faster. XD I'll go start the Vandermeer thing. Because...I know what it looks like.)

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 07/14/2009 4:36 PM

Wolfie grinned. "I've ridden on a dragon before." She swung her leg over and clamped her knees down in a way that wouldn't discomfort the dragon, but would still keep her from sliding around. "K. Let's go."

There was a loud sound of rushing air as the dragon began flapping it's huge wings. They rose into the air, and he took off. Wolfie laughed. It was always fun to ride a dragon...

(Sorry it's kinda short! EEK! *attacked by angry mob of roleplayers*)
No tomorrow, No tomorrow