Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Confounded (P)

Postby Kelica » 09/02/2009 3:57 PM

ImageImage
Kineyer, Female Prismatic Werecain, Level 3, 14 Posts
Echtor, Male Hollow Werecain, Level 3, 14 Posts

Echtor had no idea how they had gotten lost, but they had. He tried to remember again. They had been on some kind of journey, looking for someone, correct? But who was it? Why did Echtor vaguely remember people he had never seen before? Unless it had been a dream... Yes, that must have been it. A dream.

But that didn't explain why they were in a swamp instead of a forest.

"I hate this confounded place." Kineyer mumbled. She wished they were back at their camp in the forest, back where she recognized all of the scents, and most importantly, where she always knew where she was. Echtor sighed. "I hate it too, dear, but we have to keep going to find a way back to the forest." "You know, if the rain didn't wash away all scent, I think we'd be much better off." 'So do I." Echtor didn't have the energy to do anything more but agree with his mate.

Kineyer got her paw stuck under a root and tripped over it, face-first into the mud. "Confounded mud, it's getting in my fur!" She yelled in frustration. On instinct, Echtor quickly looked up, looking around for enemies that might have heard Kineyer's outburst. She got up and mumbled under her breath. "Confounded swamp, confounded mud, confounded root..."

Echtor wondered if Kineyer knew any other insults besides 'confounded'. He shook his head quickly. He was as distracted as a common house pet, he needed to focus and find them some shelter, preferably before Kineyer tripped again.

((Can you tell what word was stuck in my head while I was writing this post? xD))
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate

Re: Confounded (P)

Postby Cyanide Kitten » 09/02/2009 6:04 PM

Aysu slipped and slid around in the mud; her lithe, small body making it excessively easy. Sometimes she would drift below the surface of a rather watery patch only to resurface a moment later and splatter Dream Weaver's side. Dream Weaver ruffled his feathers slightly. This was starting to become annoying; the mud was sticking to his claws and feathers. It was a strange and slow process. He wondered for a moment what they were trying to find. Rika had sent him out to watch after Aysu; who knew what they were after but was currently not telling.

"Aysu where are we going?" Dream Weaver asked once more. Aysu popped out of the mud. "I can't tell you. It is a secret. Now stop asking." She stated and vanished back into the muck. Dream Weaver rolled his eyes and continued onward. A moment later and it started to rain. Dream Weaver sighed and lowered his head. This was a terrible trip.

After about an hour it was getting dark or perhaps it was just getting overcast. Dream Weaver really could not tell all he knew was that he needed to find some kind of shelter or something. "We need to find shelter. Aysu I can't travel well in the swamp anyway but with it coming a downpour I REALLY can't travel." Aysu popped up out of the muck and splashed Dream Weaver with mud. "This is sad. Fine where would you like rest?" Aysu stated slightly rolling in the mud. "Somewhere. I have never traveled in the swamp. You are all muddy." Dream Weaver said shaking his head.

Some scream caught both of their attention's. "What was that?" Aysu said turning towards the sound. "I am not real sure. It sounded like a scream." Dream said. Aysu was silent a moment and then darted into the muck and towards the noise. "I am gonna go figure it out!" Dream Weaver didn't get a chance to say anything. He sighed and started after Aysu. He sighed and spread his wings finally taking to the air even in the rain. It was a difficult flight at first; but as time progressed it became easier. Something caught his eye in the distance. A white spot and what could possible be an orange spot. They were still to far away for him to tell what they were. Aysu was heading straight for the two specks.

(1,6)
Cyanide Kitten
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 188
Donate

Re: Confounded (P)

Postby Kelica » 09/03/2009 7:10 PM

Echtor's ears pricked up. He could hear something. He could only hear it vaguely, the downpour was making it hard, but he certainly heard something, swimming below the surface. Echtor let a small growl escape form his mouth, startling his mate.

"Dear, I'm frustrated too, but you don't need to growl about it, do you?" She snapped at him. Ordinarily, Echtor was the only person she never snapped at, but being in a swamp was certainly not ordinary for Kineyer. "I hear something." Echtor said, whirling his head around, hoping to catch a glimpse of whatever it was. "I don't hear anything." Kineyer protested, though she wasn't really paying attention to the sounds around her.

"Listen." Echtor grumbled, now hearing a steady wingbeat as well. Kineyer sighed and pricked her ears up. Sure enough, she heard both sounds. "Oh. I guess you're right."

{15 (LU), 15 (LU)}
Just returned and getting back in the swing of things! 8D; Expect this space to be filled by something interesting soon. o3o;
Though I kinda picked a bad time to come back, 'cause I'm still really busy, but oh well. x3;
ImageImageImageImageImage
In the meantime, would you mind clicking them? x3;
Kelica
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 97
Donate