Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

New Realm, New Form [Open? Kinda...]

Postby SpringsSong » 12/09/2009 10:36 PM

Well, this place certainly was different.

Tariel shook a bit of mud from one of her tails as she sat down and glanced back at her three tails.  That was something that she would have to adjust to now; that, and her wingblades.  Back where she had come from... well, she wasn't varied shades of brown, she had only one tail, and she had blades sticking out of her back.  She sighed as she looked around again, taking in the scenery.

This place is not really all that different from Verasia Forests, back in Samenia... she thought to herself, shaking her head.  But... back when I could explore Verasia, there was no danger of me getting injured, she reminded herself, shaking her head.

I want to know why Aunt Erulissë gave me the ability to transcend the realms and survive here, but not... not Náer or any of my friends... she thought, looking around and shaking her head.  I miss Samenia like you would not believe right now... but maybe this is for the best.  After all... I was the only one allowed to live on.  But why didn't Aunt Erulissë join me? she asked, sighing.

[1.1]

[...so shoot me. x3; "Tariel" popped into my head when I saw this girl when then translated into this.  So.  Yeah.]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Re: New Realm, New Form [Open to one other]

Postby Thunder » 12/15/2009 8:56 PM

(I changed around Shirata's character a bit, so this will probably work out well? x3)

Ah...a swamp. Shirata was used to rather moist conditions. Back home, in Eastaan, they usually got a good amount of rain each year, but lately there had been a lot more than usual. Places were flooded and crops were damaged. The nomads of the Plains were particularly troubled by this, as they now had to trek through muddy soil, and the animals they usually hunted were now hiding from the storms. But weather conditions did not keep Shirata from exploring. It was good to get out and learn about the world, he thought to himself. That was how one became educated and open minded.

Suddenly, Shirata thought he heard a sigh coming from somewhere nearby. Curious, he followed the sound, and he walked upon a Lucain that was the same color as their surroundings. "Oh, good day miss," he greeted. "What brings you to a place like this?"

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/15/2009 9:44 PM

Tariel blinked as the new voice reached her ears, turning to look at them.  She kept her gaze on the Hollowheart for some time, as though she was trying to conjure something from her paws, but when she glanced down at her paws and saw the brown coloration of them and not the garnet with amethyst glow, she sighed as she glanced back up at him, her eyes slightly confused.

"I'm... trying to figure out how I managed to get here," she said.  "I didn't always live in this realm--I'd heard of it, but I did not know it.  I just... I remember the ground I was on trembling furiously, and I, my mate, and my daughter were clinging to each other as though that would spare us from crumbling as well.  You see... where I once lived, we were all living statues, so if we died, our bodies were prone to suddenly crumble, and... well, the next thing I knew, I woke up like this."

Here, she indicated her three tails and her wingblades.  She was perfectly fine with still being a quadruped; sure, being a canine was a far cry from being a feline, but it wasn't too bad.  It was mostly her three tails, wingblades, and lack of powers that got to her.  She shrugged after a moment; reminiscing over Náer and Ahana would not do her any good whatsoever now.

"Er... I am called Tariel.  What is your name, sir?" she asked.

[1.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: New Realm, New Form [thingy?]

Postby Thunder » 12/19/2009 1:26 PM

Ah...so she was a being from another world, just like himself. "Well, that is most certainly interesting. A living statue...my own world had none of those." Shirata smiled warmly at Tariel. "It's nice to meet you, Tariel. My name is Shirata Vendridan, of the Lunar Dragonforce."

In his world, when giving formal introductions, it was necessary to state your name as well as what sort of Dragonforce you wielded. Shirata held up one of his claws, which was surrounded by a flickering, greenish flame. His own abilities corresponded with the phases of the moon. When it was waxing, his Dragonforce was stronger, and during a full moon, his powers were at their peak. But as the moon shriveled up, they waned as well.

"This is the Dragonforce," he said. "It's a power special to my race, the Dragonians. I suppose you could compare to..." He searched for a word. "Ah, yes. Aura? We can do many things with it, depending on our element."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/19/2009 7:50 PM

"Most curious," Tariel said.  "I suppose, then, that even though my powers did not transfer over to this realm when I was sent here, that I might add that I was the Fallen Demigoddess of Memories." Her voice was hesitant when she said "Fallen"; she knew that it was only because her mother was Fallen, and not her fault.  She drew in a slow breath as she turned back to Shirata.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Shirata Vendridan of the Lunar Dragonforce." Tariel said finally, smiling as she dipped her head.  "And, I am assuming from the fact that you said that your own world had no living statues, that you do not come from Evelon either?" she asked, tilting her head.

[1.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: New Realm, New Form [Open? Kinda...]

Postby Thunder » 12/23/2009 6:53 PM

A Demigoddess! How intriguing! The word "Fallen" didn't bother Shirata one bit; his impression of this lady was that she was a kind soul, and that was more important than a mere title. In his own world there was only one being that could be considered god-like, and that was the Ancient Force from where their powers came from.

He smiled when she realized he wasn't from this world either. "Yes, I am not from Evelon. There was a little incident back in our world, and we ended up here." He noted that Tariel might get confused by "we". "I was traveling with my son and a few others, but we were attacked, and my son's powers went out of control...dumping us here, in Evelon." Space was sure a dangerous element when one was berserk.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/23/2009 7:33 PM

Tariel nodded slightly here, her head inclining ever so slightly.  She knew what it was like to be traveling through space with lvoed ones, and then losing them as soon as they arrived here.  She slowly drew in a breath, her brown tail swaying peacefully.

"Ah, I see.  Nothing happened with mine, my mate's, or my daughter's powers, but... something happened while we were waiting for our doom as Samenia cracked in half.  I could hear Ahana saying something, and I could see her glowing brighter than even Samenia's sun or dual moons, and then... nothing." Tariel said, shaking her head solemnly.  "After that came a screech so horrid that I could not bear it.  I knew it came from Ahana, for she'd never used her powers before, and she did not know what it was she was capable of."

She sighed as she shook her head.  Seemed like any element was a dangerous one when the one weilding it went berserk.

"These others you speak of--did... did they make it through?" she asked.

[1.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/24/2009 3:41 PM

Shirata paused. He still hadn't found the others, and he was beginning to worry...but they were probably still alive. Yes, there was a good chance of their survival. May the Ancient Force protect them! he sighed in his mind. If anyone had perished, I'd rather it be me!

"I'm still not sure," he answered Tariel. "I caught a glimpse of them ask we were sucked up into the wormhole...but after that, everything went dark." Shirata assumed that they had all passed out within the wormhole and were then dropped into different places in Evelon. "But if I'm alive, then perhaps they are too." He sighed. Shirata didn't know what he'd do without his son. Devoc was such a bright, passionate boy...where could his powers have taken him?

"Miss Tariel, if it's not too much to ask, would you keep an eye out for other Dragonians like me? Four eyes are better than two."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/24/2009 3:52 PM

She nodded slowly as he said that he was not sure if any of the others he'd been traveling with had made it through.  To know--or at least, to think--you were the only one that had survived something was a scary thought, but there was no telling if they actually were the only ones of their particular world left!  However, she soon brought herself back when he asked if she would keep an eye out for other Dragonians.

"I... I can try to," she said, her voice hesitant as she said this.  "I must admit, I myself am trying to adjust to this new home, but I will be more than willing to try.  These Dragonians--would they most likely be Hollowhearts or Battlehearts?" she asked.  Obviously, she was unaware that Battlehearts and Hollowhearts weren't exactly the best of friends...

[2.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 12/30/2009 7:42 PM

Shirata bowed in thanks when Tariel agreed to search for his lost companions. "Oh, thank you so much. My son, Devoc, in fact, took the form of a Riopath. I believe most of the others are Paragons, though. They may be wandering around in their human forms as well, but if you see an aura like mine around a person's hands, they're msot likely a Dragonian."

Ah yes, human forms. Shirata wondered if this deity he was talking to could take on one. "Speaking of human forms, would you like to see mine, perhaps? Dragonians usually use their dragon forms when fighting, which was what we were doing before the wormhole sucked us in. Not that we can't battle in our human forms as well." Shirata chuckled a bit. "It's just that our powers are magnified a bit as dragons. Unfortunately, that makes it easier to go berserk."

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate