Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

The Hermit Healer [[ Open ]]

Postby Terri » 10/25/2007 7:41 PM

The Hermit
[center]Image
[/center]
[/center]

broken reflection
bouncing up from murky depths
she sits, entranced with

her soul is melting
dissipating into void
she stares at the pond

now her reflection
is scowling at the poor soul
as she's rejected

by her reflection
cast into oblivion
condemned to insan

ity.

If one were to look, though I doubt one would, one might see a flash of neon as the Hermit darted through the marsh.  Strung around her neck was a small woven bag which contained many herbs, unique to this part of Baian.  Worldswort, heartbreak, redemptia, warmstrike, ecstaless and many more, each with a purpose the that the Hermit had carefully picked out for each.  They were to be used in her latest concoctions, which she was almost done concocting.  In a few days, she thought with a flourish, there would be a cure for poverty, a cure for fallen reputations, a cure for even broken hearts.  If she succeeded, that is.

Slowly she made her way towards the hollow tree trunk she called home.  Leaping over protruding roots, ducking under the flaying willow wisps, weaving through the cattails, she eventually reached her destination.  She proceeded to empty her pouch, placing all the herbs in their designated notches.  She had done quite a lot with the place, really; with her claws, she had etched out notches inside the tree to store her belongings, her herbs and whatnot.  Crammed into the shelves, one might also find various 'potions' stuffed into little glass vials, each with a little leaf attached to serve as a label.  Busily, the Biolune Serraptor organised her little home, making sure everything was its place before sticking her head out of the tree, her gaze transfixed in a glare.  Loud as she could manage, she croaked out a few words, in a tone of voice that was a bit less than friendly.

Any with a broken heart, any with a crippled limb, any with a sorrowed past, any who lack a reason to live.  I seek the cure for all distress, I've not much else to do; aid me in this mighty quest, and the results shall then aid you!

She waited, head tilted to the side, her ears straining to catch an answering voice.  If none replied, she'd be most disappointed.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/01/2007 11:41 PM

The Hermit's face fell as no answering voice reached her ears.  Dejectedly, the Biolune retreated back into her tree and quickly snatched a few supplies--herbs of unknown use--from the shelves.  Hurriedly, she stuffed them into her little bag, careful not to compress anything.

She stuck her head out of the little hole, peering around her conspicuously.  She still saw no one.  With a regretful sigh she stepped out from her home, heading in a general northern direction.  All her senses were peeled as she searched the swamp for any sign of life.

Come out, please, if you're of mind; the cure for life, help me find!
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/01/2007 11:51 PM

[center]Image
Korlith, Male

And I'm all mixed up, feeling cornered and rushed
They say it's my fault but I want her so much
Wanna fly her away where the sun and rain
Come in over my face, wash away all the shame
When they stop and stare - don't worry me
'Cause I'm feeling for her what she's feeling for me
I can try to pretend, I can try to forget
But it's driving me mad, going out of my head

The strange voice, eerie yet beautiful, echoed back to the Serraptor. Out of the swampy waters, a strange flash of black and green flew past the Hermit. It was a mere shadow, dancing in the murky sunlight. Two eyes, one scarlet, one green like a diseased leaf, watched from the trees. After a long pause, the strange creature landed in front of the Hermit, his mismatched eyes warily watching her. Was he here to help? Or was he here for a more...sinister reason?

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/02/2007 12:30 AM

A smile slowly crept onto the Hermit's features as she caught sight of the little Nemuwit.  She turned her head to one side, then the other, looking at him through each of her eyes.  He was a tiny little thing, indeed, but perhaps he had a big heart?  If she was lucky, it might even be broken.

Hello, my friend, and welcome; welcome to my domain.  Did you hear me calling?  Did you hear my sweet refrain?  Are you here to help an old crone out, to help her find the cure?  Or does your heart lie south of that, do you seek something that's less pure?
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/02/2007 12:44 AM

Rhymes? The Nemuwit was familiar with those. He pricked his ears up and sat there, looking at her intently. What was this strange Serraptor? Did she want to help? The Nemuwit slowly answered, almost reluctant. When he did speak, it was in French. How strange. "Je cherche un traitement pour mon coeur cass?©, il que ce que vous recherchez ? Si vous ?™tes, je prie que vous me prenez le long. I seek a cure for my broken heart, it that what you are searching for? If you are, I beg that you take me along."He sat expectantly, watching with those strange eyes of his.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/02/2007 1:05 AM

The strange words reached her ears, but she heard and understood them as eaily as if they had been spoken directly into her head.  Ah, I see, how wonderful!  A broken heart, have you?  Well, fear not, my shattered friend; the cure is close, it's true.  Reaching into the bag strung about her neck, the Hermit withdrew two of the herbs she had collected earlier and handed them to the little Nemuwit.

Take a bite of this herb here; heartbreak is its name. Then chew on the second one, who's name is lost to fame.  The two plants were both reddish in colour, though the heartbreak was much bigger than the unknown one.  The Hermit watched the Nemuwit closely, curiosity gripping her.  The last time someone had eaten this particular combination of herbs, they had dropped dead on the spot.  These herbs were fresher, though; perhaps the results would be different?

[[ The effects of the herbs on your character are entirely up to you; there are no set guidelines for what each plant does. ]]
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/02/2007 12:26 PM

[center]The Nemuwit looked curiously at the two herbs. Who knew what they would do? What would happen? Hesitantly, he took a small bite out of the first herb, then the second. He waited a moment, yet nothing happened. The only thing he felt was a shudder run through him. "Mon ami, je dois te demander. Comment les herbes peuvent-elles traiter sa douleur? My friend, I need to ask you. How can herbs cure one's sorrow?" He questionaly looked at the Hermit, his green ears twitching. Somehow though, he felt...strange. As if he ate a snake inside-out. The Nemuwit ignored the feeling and patiently waited for the answer.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/02/2007 2:55 PM

The Hermit 'tsk-tsked' at the lack of effect the herbs had on the little Nemuwit.  Disappointing.  At his question, a wide grin spread across her features.  You see, my friend, it's not the herbs that work to mend your sorrow; but indeed, it is their spirit, that you momentarily borrow.  They are special herbs, they are, they have chemicals unknown.  Inside their flesh they contain a power that's unbound.  Consume said herbs, and in turn, let those chemicals enter you; they rearrange one's heart and soul, to produce a feeling new.  

She tsked again, not sure if the little Nemuwit would be able to interpret her strange speech.  Just in case, she added to her little riddle.  These herbs are unique to Baian lands, they grow up from the ground; fertilized in discarded dreams and hopes that have been bound.  They get their power from those that fell, from those that were hurt, were broken.  They thrive off ieas that were cast away, thrown off, left unspoken.  Heartbreak, that first herb you ate, I picked not far from here; it grew in a place where, long ago, a love ended in blood and fear.  As scattered hopes and disembodied dreams leaked from the broken lovers, it sank into the swampy ground and fed the heartbreak herb.  So now the herb is full of love, of desire and of longing; everything the lovers lost, to the herb it's now belonging.  She paused to take a breath.  So when one consumes the heartbreak herb, they consume the love and lust; and hopefully, if the herb is ripe, their heart is cured of rust.

Did that make sense?  Most likely not.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/02/2007 6:08 PM

[center]The Nemuwit nodded over the riddle. He remembered doing riddles with his beloved before she went away...
"Ainsi cherchez-vous une certaine sorte de traitement pour toutes les haine et douleur? Que mon ami, je suis d?©sol?© de dire, nature ne peut pas nous laisser emprunter. So do you seek some sort of cure for all the hate and sorrow? That my friend, I'm sorry to say, nature cannot let us borrow." The Nemuwit slightly smiled as he began to speak in ryhme.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/03/2007 4:10 PM

Although her voice was steady as she spoke, the Hermit's feet portrayed her impatience.  she had work to do, and this chat was becoming tiresome.  She had a task that she needed the Nemuwit to complete for her.

That is where, my friend, you're wrong, though your point is daring.  Mother earth holds no qualms, and so sees no harm in sharing.  The cure for hate, for need, for love, for youth and life itself; what a  prize, if one succeeds--never-ending wealth?  She then shook her head.  The sun was getting glow in the sky.  But now I have a task for you; it shan't be too hard.  I need you to accompany me; the land I travel to is far.  With those words she set off in the direction of the setting sun, not glancing behind her to see if the Nemuwit would follow.  If he wanted his broken heart to mend, he'd come.  If not, she'd find someone else.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/03/2007 5:19 PM

[center]The Nemuwit frowned at her reaction. She seemed rather...impatient to find something. Maybe he should follow...The Nemuwit glanced at the setting sun and made his decision. Quietly, he followed, his scarred feet making no sound on the marshy ground.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/03/2007 7:49 PM

They traveled for a good ten minutes before the Hermit finally paused.  They were in a small clearing, it seemed, surrounded by swamp on three sides.  No trees were in sight and grass was sparse.  It was all...wet.  One had to wonder why the Hermit would come out here, into the middle of nowhere.

She knelt down, poking at the marshy, damp ground with her talons before stripping away a length of moss to expose a small wooden door.  A trapdoor, it seemed, out in the middle of nowhere?  Carefully, the Serraptop hooken a crooked talon aroung the wooden door and pulled itopen to reveal as adrk underground passage.  She turned to the Nemuwit, gesturing for him to step into the tunnel.  This is where the journey begins; from here, there's no turning back.  But if you still with to proceed, then step into the black.  If he went in, the Hermit would follow.  If not, she'd find someone else...or force him to go in.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/03/2007 8:02 PM

[center]The Nemuwit stiffened as he saw the Hermit vanish into the blackness, her glowing skin barely visible. He might as well follow: he was rather...curious. His eyes scaned the worn trapdoor before slowly following the Serraptor in.

Unkown to the two, someone else was watching their moves. Coal black eyes peered from trees, void, emotionless eyes. After the Nemuwit entered the trapdoor, a girl of sixteen or so stepped out of the woods. A sadistic grin crept into her face. For a moment, a reptilian face appeared among her features. In that brief flicker of a second, it was gone. Slowly, stealthily, she followed them, crawling down into the trapdoor...

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/04/2007 9:07 PM

As the Hermit stepped into the darkness, an unusual sensation gripped her.  She was walking down a pair of dirt steps, but it was as though her soul had stepped outside her body, and it was descending through the tunnel at a faster pace.  She knew that the Nemuwit was having the same sensation; this was no ordinary tunnel.  As she walked, her vision became slightly blurred, and her head began to spin.  All physical senses had abandoned her; her body was still moving down the stairs, but her spirit was farther down in the tunnel.

Suddenly, she found herself in a white area.  As far as she could see, there was nothing; only white.  The sky blended in with the ground, and the absence of colour was enough to make one's head spin.  Then, suddenly, a flash of purple was seen, and the place began to swirl with reds and blues.  Nothing was material, though; all around the pets was just floor and sky, stretching out for eternity.

Slowly, the Hermit turned to look at the Nemuwit.  Welcome to Dreamland, she said simply.  Then she caught sight of the girl; yes, the girl.  Had she been following them?  The Hermit screeched.  What is she doing here!?  This realm was not meant for humans!  She cannot be here!  The Serraptor's panic was evident, as though her master scheme had just been foiled.  She'll ruin everything!

[[ Just to let ya know, the human coming was a good idea. ^^  That whole GRR SHE BAD is strictly IC.  Thanks for bringing her in; this could get interesting. :D ]]
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/06/2007 5:51 PM

[center]The Nemuwit swiftly faced the intruder which so upsetted the Hermit. She had a strange aura around her, almost as if...
"Glad to see me?" The girl slightly smiled. Her voice was smooth, gentle, yet it hid a twinge of evil inside it..."I thought you would like me to come. Especially you, Korlith." She glanced at the Nemuwit.

Korlith snapped back in response, "D?©gager, Ariana ! Vous n'avez aucune affaire ici! Back off, Ariana! You have no buisness here!"

The reponse only seemed to make Ariana laugh. "You are a funny little Nemuwit!" Her eyes glowed a dark scarlet for a second. "Now that I have found my way here, I shall start my...conquest here."

Was she mad? Korlith stepped back and leaped at the girl. Calmly, she lifted her hand. A strong gust of wind blew the tiny Nemuwit back, sending him crashing into the Hermit.

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next