Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Postby robopup24 » 11/09/2007 12:22 AM

[center]Korlith nodded and snuck closer to the two humans. Why did he have this memory? He had never been here before...nor did he remember the girl...
As they drew nearer, he pricked his ears up to listen in.

"Don't be so silly, Daron!"the girl laughed. "It's only a rumor. My father isn't a wizard!"

The boy, supposedly Daron, shrugged. He was obviously uneasy. "That's what they say, Cerium. I mean, your father, he stays in your house all day cooking things..."

"It's just a hobby of his."Cerium's good humor was obviously fading. Daron shrugged once again. Her face grim, Cerium got up. "I don't get it, Daron. You go on talking about these...these rumors about my father. You keep bringing them up."

Daron looked rather uncomfortable. "I-I'm sorry but..."

The girl simply glanced at the sky. "I'll have to go."Before the boy could say anything more, she ran off...

Can I die? Can I die?
I'm just waiting 'til I die
Never dreamed a single dream so kind in my entire life
No one knew, even cared for this fleeting fairy tail
Then it slipped into seething sun and soon it sailed away...

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 446
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/10/2007 10:59 AM

The Serraptor assumed a keen look as they stood listening.  She moved to stand directly in front of the boy, who seemed lost.  Memories can't see anyone from the present, she clarified, just in case the Nemuwit was trying to be stealthy.  Remember, this scene isn't really happening.  It already happened.  It's just feeding off your memory; unless you remember wrong, this is exactly what happened, and nothing can change it.  We can't change the past.

None of this jogs your memory, Korlith?
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 24
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/10/2007 1:24 PM

[center]"Non. Cette sc?®ne enti?®re semble ainsi le familier mais moi ne pensent pas que j'ai ?©t?© ici avant...
No. This whole scene seems so familiar but I don't think I've been here before..." Korlith shook his head. "Il est juste si ?©trange. Je veux dire, je devrais se rappeler ceci, droit ? It's just so strange. I mean, I should remember this, right?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/10/2007 5:44 PM

The Hermit nodded.  Yes, you should remember this.  In fact, we should see you around here somewhere...watching, maybe, or something.  In order for this to have been a memory, you would have had to witness it.  So what say you we search for you?  The you in this time, at least.

She was confused.  Had the herb's effects been jumbled?  Had this scene even happened?  Where was the Nemuwit?  Why didn't Korlith remember this?  Why wasn't his sister here?  The questions bounced off every surface of her mind, but she found herself unable to answer any of them.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/10/2007 8:35 PM

[center]Korlith nodded and began to search the area, his swift feet made scouting easy. He went around the area three times, yet he did not see himself. Something was rather fishy here...he returned to the Hermit, rather frustrated. "Aux flammes! Je ne peux pas me trouver autour d'ici... To blazes! I can't find myself around here..."

"Perhaps I can help?" A sinister sounding voice echoed behind them. There was no doubt who it was. It was Ariana in her human form, her face twisted in scorn. "Idiot. You don't even remember this do you, little brother?" She laughed, a bitter mocking laugh. "I doubt you will. You are looking into your own past, yet you don't remember! I wouldn't trust my life on you."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/10/2007 8:42 PM

The Serraptor's search was interrupted by Ariana's voice.  She screeched, the sound like steel on brass.  You!  I was sure you'd be here.  Cautiously, slowly, the Hermit inched closer to the girl.  What is this scene?  Where are we, when?  You must know something!  She should have been pleased to find the dragon here, but loathing pushed out any thoughts of triumph.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/10/2007 8:59 PM

[center]Ariana smugly grinned. "Idiots! You are all idiots! Don't you remember, little brother?"
Korlith remained silent, his eyes burning with intense hatred. At last, when he spoke, it was full of malice. "Aller ?† l'enfer, soeur. Nous n'avons pas le temps pour jouer des jeux. Nous dire o?? nous sommes...maintenant! Go to ----, sister. We don't have time to play games. Tell us where we are...now!"
"I'm shocked." Ariana shook her head. "You don't remember your own hometown? Especially such a nice place like this?" The Battleheart laughed again, that bitter, mocking laugh.
"Se tais-toi! Shut up!" Korlith desperatly dived at his sister. She merely raised her hand yet again and knocked him back.
"I'm telling the truth." Ariana began to fade into the earth. "Little brother, why don't you go into town and find the girl's father? You'll learn that I am right." Her grin was not pleasent. "Have fun on your little...treasure hunt!" The Battleheart sunk into the earth as the Tainted Nemuwit dived at her again. He slid a feet or two away. He missed his target. Slowly, Korlith got up and looked around again, as if getting up from a dream. "Il est tout un mensonge. It's just a lie." he whispered. "Ce ne peut pas ?™tre vrai... It can't be true..."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/11/2007 12:33 AM

The Hermit stayed silent, observing, as Korlith dove at his sister, who dissipated into the ground.  Though she was relieved that the mocking Battleheart had left, she was also bitter.  She had hoped to learn a bit more from her.

Are you alrgiht? she asked Korlith, concern clouding her eyes.  He was mumbling something about incoherent lies, and the Serraptor's interest was immediately hooked.

[[ Sorry, my muse belongs to my breeding room at the moment. ^^; ]]
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 11/11/2007 1:34 AM

[center]Korlith jerked back, a bit embarrassed to be asked if he was all right. "Je suis tr?®s bien.
I'm fine. C'est juste...I a pens?© que je me suis rappel?© quelque chose... It's just...I thought I remembered something..." He got up and shook his head, as though he was trying to shake away disturbing thoughts. "Partons suivent cette fille. J'ai un sentiment qu'il y a quelque chose importante nous doit savoir. Et peut-?™tre,Let's go follow that girl. I have a feeling that there's something important we need to know. And maybe," Korlith spoke with a hint of reluctance. "Ariana ?©tait exact. Ariana was right."

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 11/12/2007 7:46 PM

For a split second, the Hermit was hesitant.  Then she shook her head, clearing it of any doubtful misgivings.

Alright.  Let's follow her; maybe the walk will jog your memory.

Dreamchasing; she was finally dreamchasing again!  Following a memory outside its boundaries, exploring what isn't remembered.  Dreamchasing.
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 12/26/2007 6:27 PM

[center](OOC: *Rolls up sleeves* Okay, let's kick this roleplay active again.)
They followed the girl, into a tidy little town. She ran into her house, slamming the door behind her. Very faintly, her voice could be heard:

"Papa! I'm home!"

"Ah, you're back. How was-"

"Papa, I need to talk to you. Now." Their voices faded away. Footsteps could be heard, going upstairs.

Korlith turned to the Hermit. "Nous devrons nous casser dedans. We'll have to break in." He hesitated. "Est-il possible de changer le pass?© ici?Is it possible to change the past here?"

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 01/21/2008 11:00 PM

The Hermit shook her head.  "The past isn't something you want to toy with, Korlith.  It's dangerous.  You could alter entire civilizations in the blink of an eyelash.  As for breaking in, there's no need.  We're only apparations, not really here at all.  No physical barriers stand in our way."  To demonstrate her point, the Hermit made to move through the closed door.  She extended a hand, then a foot, to walk through the object--and banged right into it.  She blinked a few times, trying again to walk through the door, but something kept repelling her.  "Something is wrong..." she murmured.  "Something is very, very wrong."  She knelt down and picked up a pebble between her teeth, flicking it across the grass.  It landed with a thud a little ways off, disturbing the peaceful grass for a few seconds, causing the weed to vibrate ever so slightly.  The Hermit was dumbfounded.

"Something's wrong," she said to Korlith.  "We're not apparations.  We're real."
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 01/23/2008 9:21 PM

"Ce qui?! What?!" Korlith was becoming worried, very worried now. "Nous sommes coinc?©s dans...dans...ma m?©moire? We're stuck in...in...my memory?" The Tainted Nemuwit hesitated to say the last two words. How can he know that this was his memory?

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Terri » 01/29/2008 9:28 PM

The Hermit was silent for a long moment, trying to figure out what had happened.  Trying to figure why this was happening.  When she opened her eyes and turned to Korlith, there was an uncanny fear in them.

"Yes, we're stuck.  This isn't right.  We're not supposed to be material."  She promptly stuck a claw into her bag, digging around for something to help them out of this situation, but couldn't find the right herb.  Of course, she had no idea what the right herb was.  She'd never needed such an herb before.

She turned her gaze back to the door, lightly pressing her weight against it, testing its durability.  "I guess we'll have to break in," she murmured.  If they couldn't just materialize inside the hut, they'd force their way in.  And that's precisely what she did.

Giving a mighty heave, she broke the door clear off its hinges and stood there in the empty door frame, staring at the scene before her.  I wonder how those humans will react to that?
Terri
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby robopup24 » 02/03/2008 6:17 PM

Voices. Startled and alarmed, the two humans' footsteps could be heard as they dashed down the stairs. "Hermite, peau! Hermit, hide!" Korlith nervously edged toward the bushes. "Vous avez dit que c'?©tait ma m?©moire, n'a pas fait vous? Nous ne pouvons pas risquer de la changer... You said this was my memory, didn't you? We can't risk altering it..." With that, he leaped into the bushes.

(OOC: If you wish, feel free to control the humans.)

Can I die? Can I die?

robopup24
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext