Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: .:Gross. Mud. [Self RP for now]:.

Postby Remedy » 02/04/2010 12:14 AM

Jasmine was, for sure, extremely mad.  As she scolded, making it seem as if it would never end, she abruptly stopped mid-sentence.  All of a sudden, she screamed, "Get out of the water!  Sssssssomething'sssss coming!"  Just as she said so, a creature came to surface about twenty feet away.  As it began swimming tward them, she realized it was actually two things.  Two... Small things?  Swimming side by side?  Ryu tensed, still not trusting what it was that was coming tward them.  "Hello~?"    She called to the creatures.
{1.2}

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby Remedy » 02/04/2010 9:59 PM

Swimming closer, the two creatures appeared to be hydrolisks.  Very common around water, though normally not so much around Swampy areas like these.  How peculiar.
"Oh, Hello!"
"Oh, Hello!"
The two said togather.  They were twins, obviously, and, even in creature form, they had adapted to human tounge quite well.  It appeared as if one were female and one male, but it was actually very hard to tell.  The male(?). spoke up and said, "My name is Georgiy, but you may call me Giy.  This would be my sister, Georgia, who normally goes by the name Gia.  We mostly don't bother swimmers, but you two caused quite a racket.". While he was speaking, the one called 'Gia' dove underwater beneath Jasmine and Ryu.  It made them nervous, but Giy showed no expression of curiosity or such.  When she rose, she swam directly up to Jasmine.  Blushing shyly, she handed Jasmine her phone and said, "I think you dropped this."
Giy smiled (In a very Hydrolisky way o3o), and swam beside his sister.  
"Well, it seems quite akward to be here in the water talking to humans, so why don't we head to shore so you can, well, explain a little about why you're here.  If you don't mind, We'd really like to know."
"Well, it seems quite akward to be here in the water talking to humans, so why don't we head to shore so you can, well, explain a little about why you're here.  If you don't mind, We'd really like to know."
Once again, the two were talking simultaneously, both beckoning for Ryu and Jasmine to follow them ashore.  As creepy as it was, Jasmine and Ryu obidiently followed them out of the muddy water.
{0.1}{0.1}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 02/05/2010 12:24 AM

"Uh, okay...  Well, I have no idea why she's here, but I was sent here by a kuhna named Meggan, who usually acts in control of the Vally, which is, erm, the place I live in.  She didn't classify much about it, but she did mention recruitments or something..." Ryu knew, as he spoke, that he probably sounded like a babbling ideot.  These two had appeared out of know where, taken control, and won Jasmine over in about five minutes.  Wow.  Well, now, after explaning his part of the story, he waited anxiously for Jasmine to tell hers.  He still didn't know much about her, and now might be his only chance...
{2.0}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 02/06/2010 12:49 AM

Jasmine paused.  A few beads of sweat were formed on her forehead, and she looked at Gia.  All of a sudden, she noticed the necklace around Gia's neck.  Morphing into creature form, Jasmine took off her necklace and gave it to Gia.  After close examination, Gia handed it back and turned to her brother, telling him that Jasmine didn't need to explain herself, because she already knew Jasmine was a friend.  Giy nodded, and after a somewhat loud 'Dammit' from Ryu, Attention was turned on him.  "Sssssso, Ryu.  What about these 'recruitmentssss' you were talking about?  Do you remember anything?"  Jasmine asked.  
{1.3}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 02/06/2010 4:17 PM

"Yes, yes, we would like to know more about that, too, but it is dark, and we should be seeking saftey.  Rainy swamps plus dark equals horrible creatures, you know."
"Yes, yes, we would like to know more about that, too, but it is dark, and we should be seeking saftey.  Rainy swamps plus dark equals horrible creatures, you know."

Gia and Giy said togather.  Motioning for the two to follow, they led the way further up the river, until they reached a larger clearing.  There, in the clearing, was a small tree house building.  It was built onto two trees,  risen about ten feet into the air.  The thing looked as if it were a one room place, only able to fit one Battleheart in creature form.  They lead the way up a rope ladder made of vines and the four climbed up into the moss covered treehouse.  Sure enough, the inside was small and cramped, but it was managable.  The ceiling was low, and there was one small mattress jammed in the corner, but the room was clean.  There was a box on the opposite wall to the matress, which soon reviealed a stock of food, blankets, and (oh my...) a rifle.  Gia lit an oil lamp, then walked back over to sit on the floor.  "Normally we don't let people come into our house, but then again, there isn't many people stupid enough to come close to dark.  No offense."  she said, still a hydrolisk like her brother.  "Unlike you two," he said, "My sister and I are not gifted with the form of a human.  We are also, obviously, not gifted with the luxuries of modern technology."  he added, looking at Jasmine's phone, which, thankfully, still worked.  "May I?" he asked, wanting to play with it.  While he and Jasmine were 'bonding', Gia turned tward Ryu.  "So Ryu, tell me a little more about yourself.  I'm very curious to learn more about this 'Valley' you speak so highly about." she said, starting up a conversation.
{0.2}{0.2}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 02/12/2010 8:33 PM

Ryu blushed, flattered that Gia would be asking questions about him.  "Well, the Valley is a pretty cool place.  It's very beautiful, with clear lakes and fresh grass.  I live there, and so do many other people of different species.  We call it 'The Valley of Life', as life is always booming there," he said, winking at her.  "I think you'd like it there.  It's much better than this muddy place, in my opinion.  Why do you live here?"  He had really been curious about that from the start, since, in his opinion, this place was a muddy deathtrap that could not sustain life.  Just then, he also remembered that his hair was still braided with mud, so, while waiting for Gia's answer, he ran his fingers through it to comb it out.
{2.1}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 02/26/2010 8:28 PM

Jasmine smiled and handed Giy her phone.  She liked him; he was really nice and formal.  It might not be that he didn't have a human form, it may just be he hadn't found it yet, she thought.  It happens.  After showing Giy how  to play games and text (though there weren't many bars there, and she had few contacts), he was hooked.  Despite his webbed hands, he managed to play fairly well.  Jasmine patted him on the back and said, "I'm going to hit the ssssssack, if you don't mind.  Have fun; you may play assssss long asssss you like~"  All she got in response was a small grunt.  She snickered, walking over to the corner and laying on a small mattress jammed against the wall.  she curled up as much as she could to leave room for the others, and cleared her mind to sleep.  Reality drifted away from her, and dreams began dancing in her head...
{1.4}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 03/06/2010 12:53 PM

Gia blushed.  She liked Ryu a lot.  He was nice. "Well, we only live here because, for the simplest fact, we have no where else to go.  My brother and I were also born here, but while we were about thirteen, our parents were killed by the monsters lurking in the swamps.  I really don't like this place either, but every time I mention leaving, Giy brushes it off as if it's simply a fairy tale of mine."  She satt there sadly, trying to think of images of her parents from so long ago.  "You, though, have a home to return to.  I suppose you'll be leaving in the morning..."  She really didn't want him to go.  It was almost never that she found nice people in the Swamp.

Giy, meanwhile, seemed to be in a trance of sorts.  He was upsessed with Jasmine's phone.  So far, he had mastered the camera, Gutiar Hero Game, and texting.  He didn't really know who, but it was fun.  soon, he realized the battery was getting low, so he turned the phone off and walked over by Jasmine to curl up on the mattress.  It was about one in the morning when he finally got to sleep, and he slept like a baby.  But only for a few hours.  Then, he started to dream.  His dream was very peculiar, though.  He found himself in a Valley.  It was amazing there, it was so beautiful and clean.  Jasmine was in front of him, motioning him to follow her.  Togather they ran through the Valley, laughing and having a great time.  Then it turned into a nightmare.  He fell through a puddle, a swampy pile of mud that opened up and ate him.  He fell down into Earth, and splashed back into the river in the Swamp.  Creatures were all around him, ready to attack...  
He woke up with a start, feeling cold but sweaty.  He stepped outside, just sitting on one of the wooden planks making the ladder.  "What do I do?"  He knew the monsteres were memories or dreams that he had of what had happened to his mother and father.  They had dies in this place, and he simply couldn't bare to leave... but he needed to keep his sister safe.  "What do I do?" he repeated.
{0.3}{0.3}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 03/06/2010 6:39 PM

Ryu blushed again.  "W-well, I don't know.  Maybe... It all depends.  Mostly on if I could find my way out of here," he said jokingly.  "Maybe... you know... if I leave...  would you maybe...  wanttogowithme?"  The last part came out in a slur, and his face darkened of embarrasment.  Before she could say anything else, he got up and said, "Well, it's getting kind of late, so I'm going to go to sleep with the others..."  He walked on over to where both Jasmine and Giy were sleeping and curled up himself.  Pretty soon he was out like a light, and Gia was thee only one awake.
{2.2}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 03/06/2010 7:02 PM

((Still Asleep))

Jasmine was having the same dream as Giy.  Togather they were in a place she'd never seen before.  It was beautiful.  Creatures from all over were in the Valley, and it was clean and the flowers were beautiful and the lake was fresh.  But then she turned around to look at giy, but he wasn't there.  She looked around and called for him, but he was no where to be seen.  Then everything for her changed.  Fire burst around her, and she saw the writing she sees in every vision.  Of course, she could always read it, but it's appearance was terrifying.  Normallly it happened when the was awake, but now it was different.  She read:

With one you shall go;
Two more shall be brought,
And forever your life,
Will Remain retaught,
More will meet, and in your new home,
a love will be found.

The hardest part of her visions were figuring out what the riddle meant.  For the rest of the night, she only dreamt of herself in darkness,  the words replaying around her in both the ancient language and in modern language.  What did it mean?
{2.0}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 03/09/2010 8:49 AM

After Ryu had run off to sleep, Gia had simply been sitting there, thinkng it over.  Would she?  Would she really leave this place?  Could she?  As Gia sat pondering, she was unaware of Giy a he started to stir.  She only realized he was moving until he ha walked out the door.  Then, out of pure curiosity, she followed him.  When he sat down and mumbled to himself some, she stuck her head out of the door an whispered, "Couldn't sleep?" she ended up startling him so bad that he almost fell of the ladder, but she caught him by his right arm.
"Don't DO that!" he hissed.  Once his heart stopped pounding he said, "Well, NOW I can't sleep, that's for sure.  I had a really bad dream." he said.  "I hate this place." he muttered.  It was te first time that Gia had actually heard him say that.  
"Brother...  Ryu asked me... If I would want to go with him back to this beautiful home of his.  If I were to go, would you come too?"
Giy sat and thought for a while.  "I... I'd rather decide that... When he asks again.  If he did once and he really meant it, then it is certain that he might ask again."
Gia nodded.  The answer was good.  They would wait till morning came when Ryu was to leave, then they would see.  "You'd better get back to bed..." she said, walking over to the matress herself and unblocking the doorway.  Giy sighed deep and heavy, then followed her upwards into the tree house.
{0.4}{0.4}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/09/2010 7:29 PM

Soon it was morning, and Ryu, the only well-rested one with the most quiet, dreamless sleep of the group was up bright and early.  seeing as the rest were not awake yet, he decided to prepare for the rest of the trip.  He went outside, where the rain had temporarily stoped and the sun was visible for once.  He decided to test if this small clearing was large enough for him to morph into creature form and be able to take off.  climbing down the ladder and walking a safe distance from the treehouse, he morphed into Battleheart form and spread his wings.  They brushed the trees on both sides of the clearing, so if her were to take off, he might have to jump first.  He crouched low and sprand in the air, though he got off to a bad start and ended up spinning violently in the air.  Aparently on liftoff, he had knocked a tree clean over, which fell in a crash.  He worked furiously to maintain flight, but it was obvious that he would rash any second- then everything seemed to take an upside leap.  He stopped spinning and was able to catch a drift, raising higher into the air and soon heading back in the direction of the clearing.  
"Gaah I hope I didn't wake them up..." he muttered to himself.
{2.2}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/23/2010 7:48 PM

Hearing the noise, Jasmine jumped up, hitting her head on the ceiling.  "Ahhhh...  What isssssss he doing?"  She was at the doorway entrance now, looking up at Ryu.  She ran out to the middle of the clearing and yelled up at him, "Ryu~!  What are you doing?  Land~!"
She heard him yell 'I can't', so she called up, "Get closssssse to the ground and morph, then~!"  It would probably hurt him, and he might die if he didn't get low enough, but at least it wasn't her up there!
{2.1}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/23/2010 7:58 PM

Gia and Giy awoke with the same reaction.  They were out the door with Jasmine, rubbing their heads from the large bump they got when they jumped up.  Gia ran out.  She was a little bit too surprised to speak, so she just stood there and nodded.  

Giy was a bit surprised as well.  This wasn't exactly what he had expected to wake up to.  
They both just stood there, waiting for Ryu to come down.
{1.0}{1.0}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Remedy » 04/23/2010 8:21 PM

"Uh...  Isn't that... dangerous?  Oh well..." he got as close to the ground as he could, them morphed into human form and dropped to the ground.  He tumbled right smack into Gia.

He quickly got off of her after just being frozen for a few seconds, then realizing how akward/wrong their position must have looked.  Also, it only took a few seconds for Giy to 'help' him, pulling Ryu up roughly.

But then, all attention was directed off of Ryu.  (Even though, during the fall, he had managed to brake his wrist pretty badly)

"Gia?!"

There was something different about her.

VERY different.
{2.3}

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext