Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

[B|8] [S|8]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/23/2010 4:29 AM

Sarcoma narrowed his already-narrow eyes at the comment of that Paragon. She was just overconfident, as well as ignorant. Size did not make strength, nor did species. Only if you truly knew your abilities, only if you truly knew how to use them effectively, would you attain your full capacity... But despite the blow to his ego, Sarcoma tried to uphold the grin. Paragon flesh; he had to wonder what that tasted like.

He held the grin and flickered his tongue towards Rhythm, and while his expression held entertainment, his tone was slowly starting to change; from amusement to annoyance. The tables were, apparently, turning. "An overconfident, and also ignorant lady, that we have here..." he muttered, his tail flicking behind him. While not as vain as Carcinoma, Sarcoma still hated it when somebody dared touch his ego. "Underestimating smaller species will be your downfall, Paragon," he hissed with a flicker of his tongue. He was keeping his cool for now.

But when the subject changed to Benjamin, Sarcoma's character did a complete 360-degree turn. The Slydra hissed loudly at Rhythm and lifted himself up using his tail, now easily towering the tables. "Dare to speak of my master like this again, and I will pierce your heart and feed on your flesh, bloody living food," he screeched, his tone feeling like venom getting spat out of those fangs of his, which were now in full view. "Ignorant does not even describe what you know. This world lives on clichés, clichés that downgrade our species to the lowest of pits." He hissed again, but whether his threats held any ground or not was debatable. He still had no idea if he could beat a Paragon, but Sarcoma was dedicated to Benjamin, and such an insult wouldn't be accepted.

Benjamin, unlike the Slydra, didn't seem so concerned about what Rhythm had claimed. Some vampires were like that, some weren't. He simply poked his steak with a fork, the thing seemingly untouched save for two small holes dug into the meat. Still not hungry — or desperate — enough to eat human food. "It is raining right now. Therefore, there is no sun. I have tolerance only to a few hours. Getting out during the night is a cliché. I've come to live under a human schedule to fit in more with the masses." No need to go through all the details, nor to go on and on about his personal life; but he would answer her points as they were before Sarcoma got the chance. Obviously the Slydra was too busy spitting out senseless threats to think intelligently. "I do not feed on humans, as my own rule. I only feed on animals, and human food when I have no other choice." He turned to look directly at Rhythm at this point, his turquoise eyes just screaming, 'I'm not human'. His fangs, however, couldn't be seen with his mouth closed, contrary to a few select vampires. "I do not care what you think of me, nor what you think of vampires. I share no bond with my kind, and I simply survive for the sake of living." His kind was lost; corrupt, evil, mean-spirited, cursed. Whatever you wanted to call it, really. No longer did Benjamin's family name hold any sort of prestige or power. All it meant now was that he was related to what used to be a strong family, which was of no purpose to him.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: Rain, Rain, Go Away. [P, Shrewd and I]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/23/2010 6:54 PM

Rhythm seemed relatively unimpressed at the snake’s sudden change in temperament. Her tail gave a warning wave, reminding him that she could do just as much damage to him as he could to her should he try something foolish. She sighed, holding her coffee in one hand, and reached down to take a bite of her pastry, watching the snake hissing and writhing himself into an apparent frenzy with an unconcerned gaze. She regarded him over the rim of her cup, a slow, feline-like smile spreading across her face.

“My, my, my…Touchy, aren’t we? Remember, it was you who approached me for a bit of conversation. If you don’t like what I have to say, then don’t stick around. So if your so bent out of shape over my opinion, then why not slither on back to your master and leave me in peace?” Her gaze slide over to regard Benjamin with something akin to exasperation, eyes clearly saying; ‘Get your stupid snake because I’m quite tired of listening to him prattle on.’

“How terribly interesting,” she drawled, looking bored as she took another sip of her coffee. “So, your a vampire who wants to be more like a human, hm? The last mate I had claimed he too was a vampire…I’ve come to find that he was incredibly accurate in his assessment of himself.” Unfortunately, it had also affected her son; he was half vampire, or so she surmised, judging by his intolerance of certain things and strange craving for something he could never understand.

“Oh my, and a vampire with a conscience too? What is it then? Are we ordinary humans too substandard to be considered food? Or is it because you think of yourself as one of us that you can’t bear the thought of sustaining yourself on our blood? I don’t know whether to be amused or offended.” Her eyes shifted to the snake, tail waving slightly in warning; he needed to slither off, because his close proximity was beginning to bother her.

[9/48]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

[B|9] [S|9]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/24/2010 12:03 AM

Sarcoma could almost feel his venom leaking out of his fangs. He could manage general insults and nasty comments from those he bothered; but the moment things involved Benjamin, he refused to accept any of them. They would forever be wrong to him, and he would never acknowledge those opinions. They were like gibberish; absolute pure nonsense. Nonsense that hurt his ears and gave him a headache. "I only care about intelligent things and opinions. Tsk, Paragons! You think you're always so much better. Vermin," he hissed irritably, slithering away angrily. His steak was still waiting; something to calm him down. That's why he hated most species; especially the breedable Lucain and Paragons, along with the other rare species. They always thought they were so much better than everything else, just because they were some sort of rare mutation, some sort of hard-to-obtain pet. Hah! What a joke. He was also upset about how Benjamin just replied and just didn't care.

"You mentioned points. I am simply replying to them as per my own standards. Whether it interests you or not does not concern me," Benjamin replied calmly, watching as Sarcoma slithered back to take a rather forceful bite out of his raw meal. At least one out of the two snakes had enough brain power to drop the argument in time. At least Sarcoma knew when to stop; Carcinoma, on the other hand, was just too impulsive to think. "I am not human, nor will I ever be. Acting like one simply makes traveling easier." Save for the two snakes. Those made things fairly awkward most of the time; at least for other people. When it came to Rhythm's last mate, Benjamin didn't comment. It was none of his business, for one, and for two, he also didn't really care. Whatever had happened or not happened was Rhythm's business, and not Benjamin's.

Her next statement confused him more than anything. Not in the sense that he couldn't understand; more in the sense that her point of view was intriguing and uncommon to everyone else he had meant. Was she actually saying that he should feed on humans? It was a confusing argument to address. "The area I come from feeds on human blood. They also fit every characteristics you listed. I, myself, used to feed on humans. It is because of a personal event that I changed my habits. Living among humans made no difference. Some vampires live alongside humans, and still feel no problem feeding on them. It is a matter of personal taste and point of view. To feed on humans also mean that we see you as inferior life forms, as per Sarcoma's view." The Slydra swallowed his bite and gave Benjamin a look upon being mentioned, but said nothing. "To refuse feeding on humans simply means that I see you as equals. Beyond my typical vampiric characteristics, I am no different from a human."
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: Rain, Rain, Go Away. [P, Shrewd and I]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 01/24/2010 7:16 PM

Rhythm’s slow, feline smile remained in place, her eyes regarding the snake with barely concealed amusement. Seems she’d turned the tables on it, hadn’t she? Perhaps next time he would think twice about approaching a complete stranger; she certainly knew she’d think twice about having a conversation with a snake in the future. Not that she would, but still, it was a good lesson to take away from all this. Her gaze slid back to Benjamin as he spoke, sighing slightly. Was he still taking to her? Oh yes, she’d asked him a question, hadn’t she?

Well, however rhetorical it might’ve sounded to her, apparently, he felt the need to explain himself to her. “Did you ever wonder if humans see you as an equal?” she asked, lifting herself from her chair. She folded the napkin her pastry had sat on, and chucked it in a garbage can. Her tail waved lazily behind her, making slow, serpentine movements in the air. She stepped back to her table, and lifted her cup, taking one last sip to drain it of it’s contents.

“Do you ever wonder if they see you only as a monster? A creature to be feared, persecuted, hated? I doubt you’d meet a human who saw you as anything more than a dangerous beast. That’s what you are, after all, no matter how much you profess to see humans as equals. There is always that chance that you’ll slip up, or make some sort of mistake and slide right back into those ‘old ways’ you’ve apparently renounced.” She smiled at him, white eyes glowing darkly, before she lifted her hood back over her hair.

“Your no more human than I am, my dear. You can only hide the monster inside for so long. I wonder how long before it claims you as well...”

[10/49]

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

[B|10] [S|9]

Postby Jaykobell » 01/24/2010 9:48 PM

"Whether they see me as an equal or not does not concern me," Benjamin replied, once again with a calm tone. Despite Rhythm's harsh and satirical words, he seemed unaffected. Either he was used to be treated like this, or he simply didn't feel the need to lash back at her in a similar fashion. He never felt like it was worth it, to get upset at things like that. You can't change facts, right? So you may as well accept them and come to terms with them.

"Such people are narrow-minded, and thus do not need my attention. We persecute each other, and we get swallowed into a vicious circle, from which neither of us can get rid of." Hah, of course humans persecuted him. Of course humans hated him. Of course humans feared him. And that's why they were humans: because they thought such things about vampires, and other such creatures. "I will not waste my breath trying to convince others vampires are not monsters. Most are. Those who argue the facts are simply delusional, and unable to face reality." When you refuse to accept facts, you get swallowed in anger, jealousy, misery, depression, and so many other things. Oh, not to say Benjamin never felt such things; but the fact is that everyone is different. Such discussions didn't bother him; but he did have a short temper, but only for certain things. He also held grudges. So like everyone else, he was somewhat of a hypocrite. It just takes practice to keep things from getting to you, and even if you get good at it, you'll still break eventually. And eventually, Benjamin might break at Rhythm's snarky tone; but from the looks of it, he was bearing with it fairly well.

"There are always exceptions to every rule," Benjamin added to her comment about him being 'a dangerous beast'. "I have been 'professing' such things for years. 'Slipping up' for me has yet to happen. I have lost my desire for human blood years ago. I truly felt the need to eat, I would ignore my rules and try for your neck."

But as they talked, Benjamin eventually got the impression the satirical words were perhaps related to something other than plain annoyance. Sarcoma had gotten Rhythm fired up, but Benjamin felt she had gotten particularly harsh when the subject of vampires came up. She had, after all, mentioned a 'mate' that had claimed to be a vampire. He had no idea what had happened, nor did he want to know; but he figured, perhaps she had developed a grudge against the species. "I never claimed to be a human," Benjamin reminded her, looking at her as she slipped the hood back over her head. "If I ever felt any 'monster' awakening within me, I would rather die than turning into a beast. Not only vampires have dark secrets; humans are just the same, only on a different level..." Humans were also able to kill one another, like vampires. The only difference was that humans didn't feed on each other's blood. They could lie to each other, they could make their life hell.... so many things that humans could also do to their fellow humans. Things that were no better than what vampires did. "However, you do seem to have a particularly strong hatred towards vampires... I believe that, no matter what I explain, you will not agree with me. I believe this conversation is over, in that case." Well, he could clearly see she wouldn't change her mind, so he was really wasting his time answering her questions, right? He was okay with her disagreeing, but she kept pushing that he was no good. Such people, obviously, will never give up, and will refuse to give you credit for whatever you say. In that case, Benjamin figured, it was better to just let them be.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous