Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: The Hive (P)

Postby Aetheris » 03/03/2010 3:26 AM

Swamp. Stiryx was in a swamp. She sighed, as she waded around, trying to get to the cover of the trees. Her head low, her tail swaying aimlessly behind her. She needed to find cover, or more like she wanted to. Soon, she came across a large out cove, seemingly with someone already there. She peered in, trying to catch a glimpse. There seemed to be four, and she almost jumped when she saw the scordrak. She retreated a little, just out of their view. She wasn't sure if it would be safe to go in. She liked to meet others, liked to help. She took a step back, stepping on a brittle twig. Crud, you see it happen everywhere but don't expext it to happen to yourself, she thought, hoping the sound wasn't too loud. Cautiously, she looked around, although she knew no one else was there. She stood there, not moving.

[[ I just put Stiryx in my pen, but with no details, just a picture and species, so I'm still working on her, so her personality for now would be something like... Kind, likes making friends, likes to help, doesn't really like to fight. Sorry it was so late, I had a lot of homework -_- ]]

Kodiak lifted his head, alert. "Did anyone else hear that?" he thought out loud.
ImageImageImage

When there is no hope, what else is there to do?
Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Draco » 03/03/2010 9:11 PM

Xefer did. Well, He didn't hear, per say. More felt the vibrations in the air.

"I heard it."

"Me too." Venom said.

"Heard what?" Cynder asked. He had good hearing, but sometimes it just seemed to fail him. It was very selective.

Venom walked over to the entrance and looked out, to sea a stark white penticorn.
ImageIf you wish to live, I have a few life rules for you:
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
3. Don't anger me. Trust me, there are less gruesome ways to die.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 219
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 03/04/2010 2:52 AM

Stiryx looked at the venom hydrolisk, or more like stared. She wasn't moving, except for the occasional tail movement. She was nervous, but didn't show it. She was, you could say, an expert at not showing her emotions if she didn't want to.

Kodiak followed Venom, and looked at the bleached penticorn also. He didn't speak, not sure what to say. He didn't expect a penticorn.
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 03/04/2010 9:03 AM

"Well, are yougoing to come in?"He asked, then added: "It is rather wet outside,"

"No matter, I will stay out. I need some good moisture i my skin. I  get meaner when it starts to crack." Venom said, and spread out his arms. As the rain pattered, his blacks grew darker and his greens sharper.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 03/06/2010 9:55 PM

Stiryx shook her head, making herself move. Her horns slashed through the air and hit a tree, knocking off some of the bark and throwing it in any random direction. She decided that the other creatures didn't seem too harmful and took a few steps forward. She watched the hydrolisk before moving her eyes to the albie.

Kodiak watched the penticorn, deciding she didn't want to stick her horn in them. "You can come in if you want," he said, motioning with his tail.

Stiryx hesitated a little, before deciding some shelter would be better and making her way there.
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 03/06/2010 10:21 PM

Venom remained out in the rain, whill Xefer stood at the entrance. He continued to stand there until the Penticorn had passed through. Then, he motioned to Venom to come inside, at the same time sending thhoughts to him that depicted him walking through the opening.

Venom, having hydrated himself enough, nodded. He walked in. He knew what this was all about. After he walked in, they both got on one side of a giant boulder, which they wheeled into the front of the opening. Xefer hovered a few feet off the ground, and knocked on the roof. A crashing sound could be heard outside, which was actually vines that he had grown specifically to hide the door. They were in total darkness, or so everyone would have thought. The roof began to light up, to glow.

"Roots." Cynder explained. "Very useful. Not only do they provide light, but oxygen, and in exchange we give them CO2."

The lights continued far beyond what had looked like the end, going down a bit before leveling out and bending. These tunnels would take them far away.

Why all of this trouble? There was a flood coming again. This tunnel led up farther down, and would put the out of reach of the water.

"Let's continue. At the end of the tunnel, we will see day again." Venom said, walking down the tunnel, followed by the silent Xefer and the curious Cynder.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous