Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

The Hive (Closed)

Postby Draco » 02/15/2010 3:52 AM

Scordrak
Name- Xefer
nickname- The Xenocide
Personality- Silent but deadly. This monstrous Scodrak will often drop from the sky, bringing swift death to all who oppose him.

Well, at least that's what most people think when they see this monstrous bug. In truth, he is a kind-hearted beast merely feared for his size. He was not born like this. He grew up fairly normal, although he was the largest of his many siblings. Then, something changed in him, at the molecular level. For the next few days he had to constantly shed and regrow his exoskeleton, then days turned into weeks. Soon, he hadn't even reached adulthood and was already larger than any of the others in his colony. He was eventually ousted, as he was perceived as a threat by the queen. So, now he wanders the Tengel Forest, lost and alone, just wondering why, why, why.
Species: Scordrak (M)

Xefer flew along in the trees, his wings buzzing loudly as he weaved. They sounded almost like a chainsaw. He attributed this, and many other attributes, to his massive size. Ever sense he was ousted from the colony, he had grown even larger, which he thought was his body's way of reacting to having to hunt on his own. He was around the size of a man, if a bit taller. He could easily fend off most of the creatures of the forest, including his own kind, about five at a time.

He often ate small rodents, lizards, and sometimes tackled much larger prey. Right now, he wasn't after anything. Someone was after him! A large troupe from his old colony, bent on ridding him from the forest. They though he was the source or their dwindling food supply. True, he ate more than most, but it wasn't him! No, it was those other people, always here for the scenery!

He dived and swirled, knowing he could take all twenty of them Not without help. Did he want to kill those from his own colony? No, he didn't. But, if it was a choice between his life and theirs, the choice was obvious. He no longer worked with a hive mind, he didn't do everything for the benefit of the colony. He did things for the benefit of himself.

He ducked below a low-hanging branch, and entered a more more swampy (For lack of a better word), area.  If he flew to low, a gator could get him. If he flew too high, he would be out in the open, completely visible to the rest of his clan.
ImageIf you wish to live, I have a few life rules for you:
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
3. Don't anger me. Trust me, there are less gruesome ways to die.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 219
Donate

Re: The Hive (P)

Postby Aetheris » 02/15/2010 4:11 AM

Dyro Kodiak wandered through the sticky mess of a swamp. Why he was here, he had no idea. He wandered around for a while, clearly not amused by the environment. He wouldn't go too far into it, not sure what would be in it, merely just walking along the shallower parts. He had just been wondering around in Barakka, seeing if anything here interested him. Now, he realised, it would take him a while to get out. He felt helpless, which annoyed him. He looked around for any movement that would be of any danger, or anything else. And sure enough, over in the horizon he saw a tiny dot, in amongst what seemed to be some sort of haze. He just stood there and stared, as it gradually got bigger. He could just make out the bug like body in amongst some sort of haze, occasionally lifting each leg one by one to shake off the muck.
ImageImageImage

When there is no hope, what else is there to do?
Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/15/2010 4:22 AM

In the distance, a shape became visible, standing on one of the strips of land. Xefer sped up, his wings sounding more like a chainsaw than ever, filling the surrounding area. The Scordraks behind him had a much fainter buzzing, as they weren't so abnormally large. Though it did seem that the queen had decided to send some of the largest warriors, he still have a good four or so feet on them.

Soon, he could see what it was. An Albie? And a glacial one at that? Very odd. He dived, skimming the water with his feet, then pulled up abruptly. Just as he had predicted, a large swamp gator shot out of the water, missing him by a mere foot. Two of the other scordraks were not so lucky. One died quickly, getting bitten in half, while the other was grabbed by the leg and pulled under, uselessly flailing and stinging, never harming the tough skin of the gator. This surprise made the others pull up, though they felt nothing for the loss. To them, losing a few soldiers was like clipping your nails.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 02/15/2010 4:46 AM

Kodiak could now hear a loud buzzing sound, like some sort of power tool. He could now see that it was a Scordrak. A larger than usual one. And it looked like he was being chased by a colony of a lot more normal-sized ones. He watched as the Scordrak skimmed the water, which was followed by a gator. He gazed at it for the period it was out of the water. But a question rested at the back of his mind. Why would a colony chase out one of its members? He wondered if he could help anyhow, but the Scordrak looked quite monstrous.
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/15/2010 12:26 PM

Xefer shot up the instant before he ran into the albie, doing a loop and coming back down, through the swarm. He ran into them feet first, claws extended, and managed to take down three of them. He started lashing out, using arms, legs, and even his stinger. Soon he had cut their numbers in half, though now they were regrouping. He buzzed away from them, back over to the Albie. When he looked back, he saw that they were leaving! He must have scared them off, but he knew they would be back. With more.

He landed on the strip of land where the ALbie was standing. He towered over the goat-dog creature. He had no intention of talking to it, just meaning for a quick rest, and this was the safest place to do so.

(3)
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 02/15/2010 4:52 PM

Kodiak braced himself for the impact when he saw the scordrak headed towards him, although one second later, he decided it wasn't necessary. He thrashed out at one of the smaller bug like creatures, just managing to kill it before kicking it into the swamp. He watched the bigger scordrak take down quite a few, before they started to leave. He eyed the big bug like creature as it landed on the strip of land.

He looked up at the scordrak, not taking any chances. But after a while he decided it wasn't necessary. He was just about to sit down, when he stopped himself and stood up, he didn't want to get any more of his body with swamp all over it. The silence annoyed him greatly, which caused him to ask a question out loud. "So what are you doing here?"
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/15/2010 5:01 PM

Xefer didn't speak. Instead, he sent pictures through the Albie's mind. It would be a bit uncomfortable, but it would be quicker than explaining. Especially since he couldn't speak. The pictures he shown were just flashes, going incredibly fast, not visible to the eye if they were a slideshow, but to the mind it was understood. The Albie was shown his life, being the biggest scordrak. His ousting, as well. His entire life in a second.

Why did he do this? He sensed something in the Albie, something special indeed. A friend.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 02/16/2010 3:40 AM

Kodiak nodded, as if to say he understood. He didn't know why the Scordrak told him his life story in pictures, but he guessed it didn't feel like talking. He hadn't had company in a while, and he shuffled from one leg to the other. After a while, he said, "I'm Kodiak," He was too lazy to say his full name. "And you are?" He looked at the sky, heavy with dark clouds. "Wait, I think it's going to rain soon." Not long after he finished speaking, the first few raindrops fell from the sky. Then more, and more. Kodiak growled a low, quiet growl as his pelt became soaked. He didn't quite like the rain.
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/16/2010 8:52 AM

Xefer nodded back, and tucked his wings under the covers to keep them dry. He sent words through the Albie's mind, as again, he couldn't speak.

"I am Xefer. I am, as you would call it, mute. As are the rest of my kin. We communicate through thought."

He looked up the rain, which was this enough that someone seemed to drop a never ending bucket on them. Looking back down again, he motioned for the Albie to follow him.

(5)
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 02/17/2010 7:45 AM

Kodiak nodded again, feeling a little awkward that he couldn't send thoughts into the minds of others. I didn't really matter to him though, and he didn't think much of it. Kodiak felt like the ocean was being poured on him now. He also looked up to the rain, trying not to get it in his eyes too much. He looked back at Xefer, before following.

[[ my muse is down the drain -.- ]]
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/17/2010 10:55 PM

((Let us see if we can't get it back. I am sure something exciting will happen soon. Things like this have to start slow.))

Xefer walked into the trees, and then into a large out cove, with a Blackberry slinky and a venom hydrolisk in it. Both were sleeping soundly. No doubt Venom had tortured Cynder a bit, but they were both great friends. They looked to Xefer like a father, as he looked to them like his feuding children, even though Venom could very well be older than him. No one really knew how old he was. A few years, or a few centuries. Using two of his arms, he knocked lightly on the wall, but it echoed. Curiously, no sound of it was heard outside the out cove.

"We have a guest." He said.

Name: Cynder
Level: 1
Species: Blackberry Slithy/Blackberry Slikey (T/S)

Image Venom Hydrolisk

Name: Venom
level 6
Species: Hydrolisk (S) (M)

(1)
(1)
(1)

((Figured I'd introduce them after Xefer had gained one level.))
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 02/18/2010 6:56 AM

[[ *cups hands around mouth* COME BACK MUSE! Erm… yeah things like this do start slow ]]

Kodiak constantly looked around from side to side as he followed Xefer, wondering where they might be going. They came to an out cove, and looked around. He rarely saw something like this, and to him it seemed quite large. He was glad to get out of the rain, and had only just noticed the two bodies peacefully asleep on the floor. He listened to the echo when Xefer knocked on the wall. He moved ever so slightly closer to the Blackberry Slithy, as he had never seen one before.

[[ Ah. I forgot Kodiak gained a level. :3 ]]
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/19/2010 11:48 PM

Venom continued to doze, but Cynder was up. His mind registered there being an intruder before he could register what Xefer had said. He immediately burst into black flames, looking as large as he could, but soon realized there was no threat. The flames died down.

"The hive has always attacked me, But I fear that it is just going to get worse. They are planning to kill me... their retreat proves it. They have never retreated before.", He said, sending the thoughts to all of them.

Now venom sturred. "Maybe it finally got through there thick exoskeletons that you won't harm them if they don't harm you." He reasoned, but knew it wasn't true. Until now, he had left to others out of the fight. But all knew that Xefer could no longer stand alone.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Aetheris » 02/21/2010 3:36 AM

Kodiak jumped a little when Cynder burst into black flames, before settling down again. He watched and listened, thinking about it all the time. By this time, Kodiak had already worked out that Xefer could not fight them alone. He realized they would probably need some sort of plan. "So, does anyone have a plan?" he asked, although the answer would probably be no.
ImageImageImage

Aetheris
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/21/2010 2:04 PM

"Even together we cannot fight the entire hive. We must kill the hive queen. Brutal, but true. We have to get Cynder to the nest. He can burn it. Without the queen, all hive members die. The Scordrak are like the hands and feet of the queen. Without her, they don't even know how to live." Venom said, who always had a mind for planning. "The only problem is getting Cynder to the nest.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next