Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

A Swampy Exploration [Just take a guess...]

Postby SpringsSong » 11/15/2007 2:18 PM

Galen and his Ballama spirit, Return

Galen slowly trudged through the mud, his eyes squinted shut against the rain.  He grumbled, thinking that Fleur was far wiser to go to Idalani rather than out here to Baian.  He didn't even know why he'd wanted to come out here; he just had.

Look out, Galen!  There's a rock there!

Galen took two steps to the side before continuing on his path, muttering a low word of thanks to his spirit companion, Return.  He sighed as he moved to a covered area to sit down, opening his eyes to reveal the left eye scarred and void of any sight.  That's why Fire had been so eager to get him a Ballama; so that it could be his missing eye.  Right now, said Ballama was perched on one of his wingblades, murmuring random things as Galen looked around, hoping that someone would happen along that he could talk to.

{25--Level up}

[[YES, this is an "I'm-looking-for-a-lifemate-for-this-Lucain" roleplay.  He has YinxDios blood, but no Kyuukai blood, so... Open to one other person, methinks?  First come, first served.]]
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 11/15/2007 3:44 PM

[center]Image

Verva

Splat!

A sigh split the air, but it couldn't be heard in the rain. The Mudbelly/Celestial Lucain was lucky, for her Mudbelly markings helped to hide most of the brown substance that splashed itself upon her coat.
"Could be worse..." she told herself, narrowing her eyes. Although she was used to getting down and dirty, the female still hated the way the mud seeped down past her fur, onto the skin below. She was almost soaked now, in this rain, but at the moment, she was more worried about getting out of Baian Swamp. It seemed forever since she had taken that wrong turn and gotten so lost. But perhaps she could find someone, anyone, who could help her...
Verva lifted her head just enough so that she could glance ahead. Could it be...? Was that a male Lucain her eyes saw? "Hey!" she shouted, running towards him, glad to have found someone. "Hey, wait up!" Verva ran to catch up with Galen, not really caring that it was raining anymore, just glad to know that she wasn't going to be stuck here alone.

{1}
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby SpringsSong » 11/15/2007 5:35 PM

Galen's ears perked as he looked around to hear where the voice originated from.  His Ballama companion floated in front of him, then said, Over there, Galen.  A female Lucain with Celestial markings and... it looks like she has Mudbelly markings.  Galen nodded as he said, "I am in no hurries.  I merely came out here for... for..." Why had he come out here, anyways?  He shook his head before saying, "My name is Galen, and this is my 'companion', Return.  Who might you be?" He asked, tilting his head.  His left eye looked directly at her, its glassiness slightly unnerving.

{26}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 11/15/2007 9:37 PM

Verva stopped by the other Lucain's side, eyes scanning him curiously. Who was he? Where had he come from? Her relief at finding someone else was subdued by the natural caution that told her to be careful of what she said. But he seemed nice enough, and he didn't seem in a mood to try to attack her then and there.
"Hmm...well, my name's Verva. Nice to meet you, Galen." Verva's voice was lined with barely noticeable caution. She glanced at the small blue llama-like spirit, eyes curious. She knew of a creature back at home that was followed by such a spirit, but his was gray, not blue. "So, what brings you here?" Verva had heard the Lucain breifly say something about his reasons for being here, but he hadn't totally answered that question.

{2}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/15/2007 10:05 PM

Galen lowered his head in respect before saying, "It is nice to meet you, Verva.  As to your second question... 'tis complicated, why I came out here.  I came out here mostly to take a look around, seeing as I wasn't really in the mood to go anywhere else, and EarthSong, the second leader of our home, said I ought to come out here to... improve my endurance and bond with my new left eye." He said, pointing to Return.

More like both your eyes, fool. The Ballama growled jokingly.

{27}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 11/16/2007 10:58 AM

Verva glanced at Return, then back to Galen. "I kind of got forced to come out here..." she said, a sheepish look spreading across her face. "I mean, it gets a little boring at home, and I got into a bit of trouble..." Perhaps little didn't quite explain it. The young female somehow took after another resident Lucain that lived with her, named Si'teri. Verva strongly resembled the Shadbane Lucain in personality, if not in appearance.
"See," Verva continued, "I kinda messed up a painting of this Arkuhna, Mekii, that lives with us. She wasn't that mad, but my mom was a little on the furious side. She told me to scram for a bit...so I guess I ended up here."

{3}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/16/2007 11:43 AM

Galen's head inclined ever so slightly as he said, "I see... My mother went away to the war, unfortunately... so, she really cannot tell me to scram or to... to do much of anything, actually." His paw moved to his left eye as if to brush something away from it, but instead, he traced the scar.  "I fail to see why my mother wished to go to that horrid war.  War brings injury... and even death." He said, a tear forming in his right eye.  "So... who are your parents, anyhow?  Mine are Tali?±a and Famfrit." He said, and Return continued to look from Galen to Verva curiously.

{28}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 11/16/2007 2:42 PM

Verva's eyes widened in sympathy for Galen. "I do hope she's all right," Verva murmured, knowing that there was a chance that his mother might die. Verva herself was glad that none of her relatives had gone off to war, for she would have missed them sorely if they did.
Glad that Galen had changed the subject, Verva happily obliged to tell about her family.
"My mother is Aeowyn, from the Kyuukai line," she said cheerfully. "My father is Alterac. He lives with Shaetani, and my sister lives with him. She pretty much looks like me, except it's harder to see her Mudbelly markings. She's a lighter gray, plus her wingblades are silvery-blue. And she has blue-green eyes. Unlike mine, which are green." Did she ever shut up? The young Lucain wasn't afraid to talk, and she even continued to talk about her family. "My grandfather is Algren, and his parents were Aruaan and Kossia. They belong to Icy Rose, but Algren lives with Moofius. My aunts live...well, I'm not quite sure, but...well, that's really all there is to my family, excluding all the half-relatives."

{4}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/16/2007 3:31 PM

Galen chuckled.  "My, my; sounds like you've got quite the family there." He said, noting how she said she was of the Kyuukai line.  "I am brother to three, half-brother to ten, and uncle--whether half or full--to nine." He said.  "My brother and sister, Haseo and Mateus, live with my father, who lives with Pulse.  My mother's parents are Yin and Dios; who belong to Hannah and Meganstaek." He continued, and then, he said, "I honestly do not fear too much for her; as she is... well, she surpasses most of the troops in strength." He, of course, had to be reminded by Return, Even then, she may still fall.

{29}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 11/16/2007 4:47 PM

Verva nodded, eyes bright. "Yes, the Kyuukai line branches off in many directions..."
Although it was nice in some ways to have such a large family, Verva preferred her father's bloodline, for it was unknown to most. He came from a distant land she knew, yet she had yet to see him in person.
"Of course, I know that the Tali?±a bloodline is quite large as well," Verva added. "I'm guessing you are...Imperial? At least, that's what they say...the rumors and such..." Verva herself strongly supported the Purines, but she wouldn't hold it against him if Galen's family was Imperial. It wouldn't be his fault if his owner had chosen a different side then hers.

{5}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/16/2007 5:06 PM

Galen nodded his head.  "Yes, my mother has around 23 direct blood relatives and 30 relations if you consider her brother and sister's families." He said, and then, he hung his head slightly.  "Yes, she and her mate are both avid Imperialists.  I consider myself more... neutral.  However, if I had to take a choice, I'd be an Imperialist.  It's nothing against the Purines, it's just that... well, that I would protect my mother above all else." He held his head high, but made sure he said again, "I prefer neutrality."

{30--level}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 11/18/2007 12:25 PM

Verva let out a small sigh, thinking that her family had more members in it than one could possibly imagine. But she redirected her thoughts to Galen's family being Imperial, and hers Purine. She was Purine to the end, she knew, but neutral couldn't be that bad either.
"I understand. You are on your family's side, and you'd do anything to protect them. I know the feeling..." Verva knew she would do anything to protect her family. She loved them, and without them, what would she do? "Both my parents are Purine...I can't imagine what they would say if they knew I was talking to the 'enemy.' No offense meant to you, of course. I mean, for an Imperialist, or neutralist, whatever, you're not that bad."

{6}
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/18/2007 2:23 PM

Galen chuckled slightly as he replied, "I don't think my parents would have a problem with this; seeing as my father is a Purine and my mother, Imperial." He shrugged before saying, "I know more Purines then I know Imperials, to be honest: Senervel, to name one.  Marble, to name another.  My father and Sire Varalus to name two more..." He paused, as if trying to remember something.  "I actually met Senervel and Marble, once.  I took my half-brothers out to train some..." He shook his head again.  "While I was there, one of my half-brothers and I had a... little incident." He said.

{31}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 11/18/2007 6:45 PM

Verva shrugged. "Honestly, my mother wouldn't be that bad, but I don't know about my father...but I know a few pets back at my home that would be furious with me right now..." A picture formed in her mind of the green and brown Shadebane Lucain, Si'teri. She would be about to rip Verva's head off if she knew what the young Lucain was doing.
"Hmm...I've heard of Senervel. Supposed to be one of the strongest there is, a close equal to the Imperialist Sethor. Funny how both are Lucain and look about the same. Same red and black coloration, for one thing..." Verva was getting slightly off track, at the moment, but she really couldn't help but babble on. There was so much to babble on about!
"A little incident?" Verva asked, a spark of interest in her eyes.
ImageImageImage

And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 11/19/2007 11:08 AM

Galen chuckled as he gently corrected, "Actually, the Purist Senervel is closer to my mother in her strengths and such.  The Imperialist Sethor is my stepfather." He said, remembering back to his first--if fairly brief--meeting with him before both his mother and Sethor had gone off to the war.  "Aside from both being Lucain and both being males, the two are as different as night and day.  My stepfather may not have told his entire story yet, but I have a feeling he isn't a serial killer trapped in Lucain form, nor does he bear the proud Warrior or sly Shadebane markings that Senervel bears." He said, and then, he said, "You see the scar over my left eye?  While my half-brother, Aeragorn, and I were sparring, he accidentally struck my eye, and now, it is devoid of all sight." He shrugged as he pointed to Return.  "He is my left eye now." He said,chuckling.

{32}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next