Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

@@ Charity Work [join~?]

Postby Chayden » 04/26/2011 11:27 PM

Ohoho. These two are sure to like each other. >:3
ImageImage
Echanis // Eimke

"Err, what did you say that you wanted me to call you?"
"Newt."
"Newt?"
"Newt."
"May I ask why?"
"Because. Here, I am not Eimke. I am a commoner, doing a common thing."
"Ah-haahhh... I suppose I see where you are coming from. It's not a very graceful name for a young lady of class, but who am I to judge?"
The two Kuhnas were shockingly similar in appearance. Though one, the child, was considerably more pale, they shared coat colors. Perhaps it was her years spent in her lover's shadow that had made her so hallow.
The priest-like male, having watched Eimke waste time with inactivity during the past few weeks, had decided that a good outing would be beneficial. Though she was capable of holding herself with the poise of a woman far beyond her years, near-constant change had damaged Eimke. She was like a puppet who had gotten all but one of its strings cut, and it hurt him to see her like that.

So Echanis had stepped in.

He had asked if he could take her from the mansion, if only for a few days, in order to "raise money and better her character". Chessurite enjoyed activities like that, and if one wanted to get something accomplished, then one must comply with the whims of Chessurite.
...At least within his view.

Echanis, however, was a trustworthy Kuhna. He did nothing dishonest or manipulative; his sole intent was to improve everyone and everything that he could. It made him proud to know that he was making a positive impact on so many lives.

A few days before, he had gone about posting bulletins around Evelon. They told of his and Eimke's "cleanup efforts", and asked other kind Evelonians to join in. Their goal today was to gather a group to remove pollutants from a particularly dirty section of the Swamp. This would, hopefully, get rid of the misconceptions that some people held about the place. Sure, it rained a lot, but it was still a perfectly nice place to be! Echanis had brought along plenty of ponchos, rain hats and buckets, so no one would have to worry about showing up unprepared.
The buckets, complete with watertight lids, were for collecting herbs and berries indigenous to the Baian Swamp. The profits made from selling these would be what the group donated to charity.

All that was left to do was wait for their companions to show up!
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Re: @@ Charity Work [join~?]

Postby Krystalolive » 05/01/2011 1:46 PM

"You didn't have to come along. I'll be fine alone." Garnet looked at her larger kuhna companion, who just looked at her and smiled and shook his large pumpkin head. "No, it's fine. I wasn't doing anything, and I hear there are some rather odd creatures around here. I would feel horrible if something happened to someone I know when I was to lazy to go along with them." Garnet smiled, wondering if her father forced Randel into coming along. Although, Randel was a nice guy, and was probably telling the truth about him just wanting to come along to make sure she stayed safe.

Randel paused and looked around, then saw two similar black kuhnas, then glanced at Garnet. "Is that who we're supposed to be meeting?" Garnet looked over at the kuhnas, thinking. "I believe so. I can't imagine any other reason someone would be here in this part of the swamp." She walked over, making Randel understand why Flame, her father, talked to him after Randel said he would go along. Garnet was one of those 'Look first, worry never' type of people. She wasn't really dumb or air-headed, just a bit optimistic.

Garnet walked up to the kuhnas, smiling. "Um, hi. Are you two here for the 'clean up the swamp' thing?"

(Garnet is the lucain, Randel is the kuhna. Wasn't sure if it was clear. Oh, and Randel is a rather large kuhna (5 feet tall) just so you know..... Would it be mean to throw in Arkham, my Chernobyl, in here?)
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate

Postby Chayden » 05/01/2011 3:17 PM

Oh no, that would be fine! Chernobyls are awesome, but it doesn't seem like many people use them. It's really too bad. <:\

"Oh, hello, hello!" Echanis said cheerily, waving his tails at the Kuhna and the Lucain. "My, aren't you a big fellow! My name is Echanis, and this girl goes by Newt."
He scrambled about for a moment, searching. At last, he came out with a three small raincoats and four trash-collection buckets.
"Here you are," he said as he handed two to "Newt" and one to Garnet. "For you, ma'am, for you."
It took him a moment to size up Randel. Once he had done so, Echanis resumed his fishing around, only to present the Headless with a Terratops-sized raincoat.
"It's a good thing that we didn't know what kind of creatures to expect! I would have felt awful if we hadn't had something to give to you, sir."
The Revelate Kuhna smiled warmly, trying to dispel any awkwardness that may have been hanging around. He half-wished to admonish Eimke for not being more friendly, but his values would not let him. If she did not want to be accomodating, then so be it. He would, however, make her aid in the cleanup. She would not behave as a useless fourth wheel on his watch; everyone would participate.
Chayden
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 106
Donate

Postby Krystalolive » 05/01/2011 4:04 PM

(Coolo~ I might throw him in later. I figured it would be kinda ironic to have the 'Evil of Radiation/Pollution' help clean up.  :yay: )

Garnet smiled and took the coat, giving a quick "Thank you." before putting it on. She glanced at 'Newt', smiling, then looked at Echanis. "Nice to meet you. My name's Garnet. And this is Randel."

Randel took the raincoat, smiling. It was a bit big, but he didn't mind. "It's fine. I know that my rather large size causes problems sometimes. Thank you for the coat though. I didn't even think about the rain." The rain didn't bother him that much, but the coat was nice, and it might start raining rather hard after a while. He put on the coat, then looked around, wondering what would be the best place to start first.

(Ugh, short reply is short. It'll get better I promise. I just didn't have much for them to do right now.)
Krystalolive
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 549
Donate