Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

[* Mud, Rain, Everywhere [P]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/17/2011 11:24 PM

In her attempt to find a home she could call hers, she'd come across this swamp. The rain, for one thing, was a factor would greatly influence her decision. The mud, which was quite literally everywhere, was also very discouraging. Unlike when she lived with her human companions, washing has to be done through streams and lakes, and even though it constantly rained here, it didn't quite work for a "shower" or a "bath." And no, she didn't wash herself with her tongue, as most animals did; that was just disgusting.

It was her desire and wish to belong somewhere that had brought her to this swamp, even though she knew that she could never adapt to such an environment. It was muddy, rainy, cold, disgusting, and dark; this place just didn't have the sort of atmosphere she was looking for and that she enjoyed. Still, you never know if you don't give it a go, she figured. If she didn't even try, the possibility of this place being her "home" would haunt her for a long time.

Her heart stopped when she felt one of her paws sinking into something, afraid that she hadn't watched her step enough and that she was going to fall down a high place. But that was far from the truth; she had only gotten her paw stuck deep into the mud. She grimaced, ears curled against the back of her skull, disgusted at the sight of her paw getting stuck in that disgusting thing. She tried pulling it out, but that mud had gotten so thick that it was hard to even wiggle her toes in it. She grumbled, upset that she was stuck in this position; how was she going to get out now?
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Re: [* Mud, Rain, Everywhere [P]

Postby Kylo » 12/17/2011 11:30 PM

Likaro carefully padded through the mud and muck as he avoided all the creepy crawlies that squirmed benigh it. He apologized to each one who's burrow he caved in and prayed that they would have a better life someday. He looked up once he found a patch of relatively stable ground and saw a kuhna unlike any other he had seen before seemingly stuck in the muck. He smiled and wagged his tails before picking his way over to her. "Uh hello miss? You seem to be stuck. Would you like some help?" He sat back on his hunches and studied her and smiled gently. She was pretty he mused. He hadn't seen many women in his short life and alwyas foudn them to be curious.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

[2]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/17/2011 11:43 PM

She tried to shuffle around to get that paw unstuck. In her antics, she awkwardly stuck her own front paw straight into the mud as well. She gasped as she quickly realized that both paws were not stuck in that sticky, wet, heavy mud. Now how was she going to get out of there? It's not like there was anyone around—

Her ears perked up when she heard a voice coming from nearby, and her first thought was that someone had found her. She spun her face around as much as she could, considering her troublesome position, and she was genuinely surprised — and actually confused — to find a Lucain sitting there, and not a human. She started at the other pet for a moment, not too sure what to say. He seemed like an okay guy, considering his tails were wagging, and since he was smiling. "Erm... Are you... the one who talked to me?" she questioned him, her voice clear as a human's, and her expression also carrying human emotions and expressions. Despite her animal appearance, she didn't really act and look like one.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/18/2011 2:32 PM

Likaro tilted his head to the side as if he didn't undertsnad why the strange girl would say that but shrugged it away. "Yes I am ma'am." He smiled and wagged his tails some more. "I can help pull you out just give me s econd." He walked carefully over to her and picked her up by the scruff and gently dislodged her then set her down on the spot of drier land he had previously occupied. "There you go miss." He smiled again and sat down. "My name is Likaro. What would yours be?" He hoped that he would make a new friend with this girl. He had far too few for his liking, but it was expected when he got out as rarily as he did.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

[3]

Postby Jaykobell » 12/18/2011 5:00 PM

When the Lucain spoke again, the red panda stared at him some more, baffled that this animal could speak to her with the human language. To her, talking animals weren't really "real" per se. She was the only one who spoke the human language and carried so many human traits, while all the other animals were just driven by instincts, as animals were. To find a talking animal here was a surprising outcome.

"What?" was all she could say, distant, before LIkaro grabbed her by the scruff and forcefully pulled her out of her rather awkward position. She shrieked out of surprise, not expecting him to do that; she was still focused on the fact he'd spoken to her.

When the Lucain set her down, the red panda looked up slowly as she listened to him speak. She stared at him more, both confused and intrigued by the fact Likaro was talking to her as if she were a human, even referring to her as "miss" — something her human friends had never called her. Because, well, she wasn't a human, she just had the mind of a human. "I, uh..." she blurted out first, putting a paw to her chin, but then putting it back down when she realized both paws were covered in that sticky, disgusting mud. "My... name is Abigail," she added, just a little tense. "I... How come you can speak?" She wouldn't be able to focus on anything else if she didn't ask right now.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 12/28/2011 3:01 PM

"Can't everyone? I was taught how to by others but I thought everyone could speak." He smiled happily and looked around. He got up and stretched a bit then looked over at Abigail again. He wondered why she would ask about him speaking as he believed that all creatures here could speak. He had yet to meet one that could not. "So what brings you out here Miss Abigail? I don't know of too many people who come here for the scenery."

He noticed her muddy paws and then began to look around for some cleaner water for her to rinse them off in. Find none he frowned slightly and wondered how he could help her get clean. He knew it had to be uncormfortable to be all muddy and dirty.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer