Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/28/2012 12:39 AM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 4 || 16 ] [ 5 || 22 ]

By now you'd know that I'd come for you
No one but you, yes I'd come for you
But only if you told me to
And I'd fight for you,I'd lie, it's true
Give my life for you
You know I'd always come for you

Masurao tilted his head slightly. “Hunting? I didn't know she was a hunter.” Chisoku's thoughts penetrated Masurao's mind, but he did not return any. He was certain that Chishio wasn't hunting in the way that Chisoku was implying. After a moment, Masurao tried to lighten the mood once more by adding some humor to what she'd said. “Hunting? Hunting for what? A bratty teenager?” Chisoku nickered slightly in humor at what Masurao said, but Chishio was once more unfazed. Masurao sighed, and nudged Chishio once more with his elbow, trying to get her to look at him. She continued to stare into the fire for a moment, and then looked to Masurao and gave him a soft smile. Finally, she said, “Yeah, only this time the hunter became the hunted.” Chuckling lightly at her comment, Chishio laid her head back against the tree, looking back into the fire still with a soft smile. Masurao chuckled, shaking his head, but he knew deep down that Chishio was trying not to let him feel bad for being unable to make her really smile. Masurao knew, though, that she'd been through a rough experience, and probably had quite a lot on her mind. “So, seriously, what're you hunting for?” Chishio shrugged her shoulders in response. “I dunno. Something... Anything, I guess. Just thought I'd come out here and see what was here.” Masurao shook his head, smiling in amusement, and he put his arm over Chishio's shoulders, pulling her close to him, grinning. “You really are someone different, you know that?” Chishio looked up to Masurao, giving him that childish, familiar grin, answering, “Yep.” The two laughed, Chishio shifting herself to turn her back to him and leaned against him, finding his company as comforting as always. But the thoughts of the day would not leave her alone, and she returned once more to her darkened state. “If Masurao hadn't a been here, I wouldn't be alive... Tandokuno would have killed me. He would have succeeded, and I would be dead...” “Chi..?” Chishio was pulled out of her thoughts by Masurao's voice, and she turned her head slightly so that she could see him, giving him another smile, trying to push aside the troubling thoughts and assure him that she was okay. “You hungry? I noticed you didn't pack a bag or anything. You didn't really plan to be out here, did you?” Masurao gave her a stern, father-like gaze and Chishio laughed. “Do I ever plan to be anywhere? I just go and where I end up is where I end up.” Grinning sheepishly, she shrugged her shoulders as if this was a common occurrence and felt Masurao push her off him, laughing heartily. It only took that to get Chishio going. She spun around on her knees and glared at Masurao with a grin. “Hey! Don't push me!” Masurao grinned and replied, “Well, what're you gonna do about it if I do?” He pushed her shoulder once more, and Chishio shook her head, glaring at him still. “You asked for it!” Chishio lunged for Masurao, and tackled him, and Masurao grabbed her, and the two went rolling and tumbling over top of each other across low ferns and mud, playing and laughing as though they were two kids. “C'mon! Is that all you got?!” “You ain't seen nuthin' yet!” Chisoku edged closer to the edge of the tarp, rolling his eyes in response to their childish behavior. “Oh, brother...

Chisoku
[ 1 || 4 ]

They blazed a trail I dared to run
They built this world
and I have come
I need another, like a brother

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
my soul it’s bleeding, will you fly
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/29/2012 7:19 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 4 || 17 ] [ 5 || 23 ]

Give my life for you

The two roughly tackled each other, trying to prove who was the better until they finally both fell to the wet ground, laughing side-by-side as they caught their breath. “I never thought I would become a babysitter...” Chisoku's thoughts were the equivalence of annoyance, and Masurao just laughed, looking up at his friend and mount. “Ah, we don't need no baby-sitter. We just like having fun!” Chishio closed her eyes, still smiling as she pushed away the pain that had been brought on to her wound again. Masurao had accidentally hit it without knowing, but Chishio didn't mind. Actually, she was glad for that bit of childish behavior. With her eyes still closed, she said, “Thank you, Masurao. I needed that...” Masurao sat up on one elbow, smiling softly as he looked over at Chishio, nodding his head in acknowledgement to what she said. “No problem, Chi. You know I'm still such a kid at heart, just like you. Hehe.” Chishio smiled, but kept her eyes closed, still trying to subdue the pain in her side. Her mind soaked up the reality that she was with someone that she cared so very dearly for, and whom she wouldn't be here without. As a matter of fact, Masurao had come through for her on several occasions, just as she had done for him. But, it wasn't a matter of feeling as though one owed the other. It was just the feeling, the need, the desire to do for one another, just... because. There was no real reason needed. It was just because they wanted to. There needed to be no deeper reason than that.
Chishio?” Still deep in thought, and enjoying her moment of rest, Chishio did not stir, but only replied with, “Hm?” Masurao paused for a moment, still looking at Chishio as she rested. “You okay?” Chishio smiled lightly, opening her eyes to look to Masurao. She knew he was worried. She sat up, her smile slowly fading and once more looked into the fire. A moment of silence passed as Chishio sat thinking. She contemplated on what to say, but even though she knew how much she was bothered by what had happened, no amount of words could express how she felt about it. She couldn't find the right words, so she finally settled with a simple response that she usually said. “I'll be fine.” Her tone had changed, returning back to the cold tone that most strangers got. Masurao glanced down at the leaf litter on the ground, used to the response. It was difficult for him to be patient, due to the fact that he worried over her, but he knew his patience would pay off. She just needed time to think. He nodded his head in response, showing he understood, and stood up, wiping off the mud that had collected on his clothes. “Well, why don't I start fixing us some supper. You see, I actually planned ahead, unlike someone I know.” Chishio glared up at Masurao as he walked by with a grin, and then she chuckled, shaking her head. He was right, though. Chishio had not packed a thing, but like always, things just worked out. “I guess I'll just eat some ferns...” Chisoku thought aloud with a swish of his tail, indicating he wasn't too happy about the idea. Masurao chuckled, and reached into his pack. “Well, you could, but how about an appetizer, first?” Chisoku perked up as Masurao pulled out a bag of sliced apples, and the stud nickered with joy. Masurao chuckled, and placed a piece of wood down before his friend, spreading the apples out on them, and patted the stud. “You always think of me!” “Hehe, you're welcome, Chisoku.” Chishio smiled as she watched Chisoku dig into the apples, munching them away slowly so as to savor them. Masurao returned to his pack, and began to pull out portable camping gear, such as a kit with a pot, and a fold away tripod. “Well, let's get cooking.” Masurao winked at Chishio, who smiled and moved over to him to help get things together. She glanced out into the woods, partially hoping that the fire wouldn't alert any predators of food, but also hoping it would perhaps attract something to catch...

Chisoku
[ 2 || 5 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/30/2012 1:24 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 4 || 18 ] [ 5 || 24 ]

Give my life for you

By late evening, Masurao and Chishio had finished their meal. Masurao noted that Chishio hadn't eat much. He'd fixed a soup that proved filling, but he was certain Chishio hadn't eaten her fill. Again, he was drawn to dismay as to what had happened earlier that day and how close he'd come to losing her. Even Masurao was aware of the fact that if he had not followed Chishio, she would most likely not be here. Masurao packed away the cleaned dishes, pushing aside the troublesome thoughts. He glanced over to Chishio who sat, once more, beside the fire with her back leaned against a tree. The rain had picked up quite a bit since earlier, and it was pouring now. Fortunately, they had chosen a rather high spot, keeping the water from flowing in under the tarp. Chishio looked down at her newly obtained knife, looking at the blade and testing its sharpness. She could tell it wasn't very sharp and would need some work, but it could turn out to be a useful tool. She thought about making a sheath for it, which would make it easier to carry. Carrying an unsheathed knife wasn't exactly safe. She couldn't really put it in her pocket safely. Masurao sat down beside Chishio, looking over at the knife. “Pretty neat. That yours?” Chishio shrugged her shoulders in response. “I guess it is now. I found it just before Tandokuno showed up...” Masurao's eyes narrowed at the mention of the name. Things had just gotten a lot more personal. Clearly agitated, Masurao tossed a stick into the fire, thinking of the one who tormented Chishio so. “Jerk...” Chisoku lifted his head, hearing Masurao's thoughts. “You better not be talking about me.” Masurao met Chisoku's eyes, softening his gaze slightly. “Sorry, Chisoku. I wasn't referring to you. Just thinking of Tandokuno.” Chishio glanced to Masurao, noticing he'd fell silent, and she could tell he was conversing with Chisoku through their connection. Chishio was actually glad. It took the focus off of her, so that she could think on what she was going to do about Tandokuno... “What are you thinking about?” “I don't really know. I just know that he... He has to pay, somehow.” “Masurao. That's very unlike you. You're not one for revenge. You're a noble fighter...” Masurao fell silent for a moment, looking down at the ground away from Chisoku's gaze. “I just want to protect her.” “Protection is one thing. But, revenge is a different kind of monster.” Masurao did not reply, turning his gaze away to focus on Chishio. She seemed to be quite deep in thought as well. Chisoku snorted softly and closed his eyes to rest. After a few minutes of silence, Masurao pulled his pack closer and turned to lay his head on it, saying, “We should get some rest. We'll figure out what to do when tomorrow comes.” Chishio did not move, still staring into the fire, but after a moment, she replied quietly, “Yeah...

Chisoku
[ 2 || 6 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/31/2012 10:05 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 4 || 19 ] [ 6 || 25 ]

Give my life for you

In about half an hour, as the world outside the make-shift shelter shifted to darkness, Chishio could hear Masurao's and Chisoku's soft snores. They were asleep. Chishio laid her head back against the tree she'd been resting against, her thoughts driven to replaying what had happened between she and Tandokuno earlier that day. She gripped the handle of the knife tightly, knowing it had been a trap set by the young man. It had been something that tugged at one of her many weaknesses: curiosity. Did he really know her that well? If so, that thought alone was enough to cause Chishio's skin to feel as though it was crawling. It was obvious that he had been expecting Her. He had the entire area set up to his advantage, and not only that. The traps. Tandokuno had them set up and ready. As a matter of fact, he had two prepared for her. “So what next?” Chishio thought to herself, trying to figure out what Tandokuno's next move would be. “Does he truly believe I'm dead? Or is he already planning another attack?” Chishio had no answers, no matter how hard she tried to find them. A movement broke her train of thought and Chishio looked over to Masurao, who shifted positions, rolling over to his back while still asleep. She watched him for a moment, seeing if he was still asleep, and then returned her gaze to the fire. Too much troubled her to allow her to sleep. If Tandokuno did suspect that she was still alive, he could return. And, then what? He was crafty, and could strike at any moment, with any dirty plan he wanted. There was no nobility with Tandokuno. It was just getting what he wanted, and nothing was going to stop him.
But, on the other side of it, Chishio wondered if Tandokuno truly did believe her to be dead. If so, she could use that to her own advantage. Not for long, but still likely long enough to think of something to gain the upperhand. Chishio had no desire to fight. In fact, the feud between him and her was far too childish. Chishio shook her head, trying to forget the past. She'd had enough of her past, and she was trying to build a future. But, one thing had certainly proved true: you can't bury the past. It always returns at some point. Slightly distressed, Chishio sat up, putting her head in her hands, trying to refocus herself. She had too many thoughts, and too much to think about, it almost made her disoriented. With a soft sigh, Chishio whispered quietly to no one but the fire, “...why me?” A soft touch on her shoulder startled her, and Chishio looked up to see Masurao awake, his arm stretched out with his hand touching her shoulder softly. For a moment, Chishio met his eyes, and neither of them said anything. It seemed that Chishio wanted to say something, but she couldn't, and lowered her eyes. When Chishio could say nothing with her firm, assured voice, Masurao knew that she was deeply troubled. Chishio tried to have the answers when she could, but when she couldn't, she could say nothing. Instantly moved, Masurao pushed himself to his knees, moving to Chishio and wrapping his arms around her, pulling her in to him, just holding her. Chishio did not go against the embrace, instead wrapping her arms around him, realizing just how close she'd come to death, and that she would have been separated from him. “It's alright, Chi...” Masurao whispered softly, secretly hoping that she would not bottle up her emotions, as she was so prone to doing. When it came to anger, she would let it out whenever, but when it came down to the more "weak" emotions - as she considered them - Chishio bottled up. Masurao hoped for a different reply, but the only one that came was her quiet, normal response. “I'll be fine...” Masurao could not help but feel differently, but he would not push her, as usual. Instead, he slowly broke their embrace enough to look at her, and nodded his head, softly saying, “Come on. You need to rest.” With a reassuring smile and a wink, Masurao once more lightened the mood gently, and Chishio smiled, though a small smile. She nodded her head, knowing he was right, and pulled away from him, pulling off her coat to use as a pillow. As she did, and turned to her side as she lay down - facing away from Masurao -, Masurao spotted the tear in her shirt and the clear distinct color of blood. He felt his body surge with serious concern as he nearly leaped up to get help, but the blood was clearly dry, and the wound did not appear to be very deep. Masurao relaxed for a moment, but knew who was to blame for the wound, and anger began to flood his veins. Clenching his fists and his teeth, Masurao closed his eyes to regain his composure. Tandokuno would get what he deserved, and Masurao was going to be sure of it... After a moment of fighting off dark thoughts, Masurao moved over to Chishio and lay down next to her, pulling his pack closer to rest his head on. Laying on his side as she was, Masurao put one arm over her, smiling softly to Chishio as she looked over her shoulder to him. “I'll protect you tonight,” Masurao said playfully with a wink, and Chishio playfully rolled her eyes, though thought did slightly annoy her. She didn't really enjoy the thought of "protection," though it was an indication of their friendship... Or perhaps, it was beginning to be more than that. Chishio hadn't allowed herself to pursue the thought, and she wouldn't allow it now. As she rested her head back down on her coat, closing her eyes to rest, she replied quietly, “Well, I'll protect you tomorrow, then, and forever after that.” Though Masurao chuckled quietly at the statement, Chishio had made it a vow, already affirmed in her mind. She was going to protect him, no matter the cost. She wasn't about to let something that was between Tandokuno and herself to bring Masurao down...

Chisoku
[ 2 || 7 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 02/01/2012 9:01 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 5 || 20 ] [ 6 || 26 ]

Give my life for you

As silence fell between them, it wasn't long until Chishio felt sleep start to take over. She wasn't sure if it was that she was just that tired, or if it was that she actually felt comforted in the arms of Masurao. Chishio didn't allow herself to think further on it. Instead, she let sleep take over, and drifted off into a comfortable sleep.

* * * * * § * * * * *

By morning, Chishio woke to the sounds of birds chirping, but no rain. It surprised her at first, considering she had gone to sleep with the sound of rain the night before, but it was a pleasant surprise. Slowly, she pushed herself to standing, pulling her coat with her while looking out at the clear, crisp air. Even in a place as damp and shadowed as this swamp, there was a certain beauty to it, especially with the morning sun filtering through the trees. Everything felt cleansed after the rain, though it was far wetter than it was when Chishio had started out here. Hearing movement behind her, she turned to see what was going on. Chisoku was busy quietly eating a breakfast of tall, succulent grasses, growing along the edge of the water, while Masurao still lay asleep. She smiled softly, shaking her head with amusement at Masurao. She'd let him sleep for a little while longer. It was still quite early, so Chishio wasn't surprised. It wasn't even an hour after sunrise. Yawning, Chishio started to make her way to the water, stepping quietly yet swiftly through the tall grasses.

At the water's edge, Chishio knelt down, cupping her hands to gather some water. Being swamp water, she naturally wasn't about to drink it without boiling it, but with the cool rainwater the night before, the very surface of the water would be the cleanest. She skimmed the surface with her hands and splashed her face with the cool water to clean her face. Running her wet hands through her hair, she straightened it out a bit so it wouldn't look so messy. Once done, she sat back on her knees, looking out over the swamp. Sighing softly, she was unable to enjoy the beauty. Things were about to really change. Chishio looked down into the water, able to faintly see her reflection. These waters could have consumed her the day before, and she could have been no more. Yet, here she was. Now, what was she going to do?
You sure are quiet.” The familiar voice entered her thoughts, connecting with her mind, and Chishio looked over to see Chisoku step up beside her, tilting his head to look at her with an amusing look in his eyes. Chishio smirked, replying, “Morning, Chisoku. Sleep well?” “Ah, don't you try to change the subject. What's up?” Chishio turned her head away, shaking it in dismay. “I'm fine, Chisoku.” “Pfft, you always say that. It's becoming hard to believe. Haven't you ever heard of the boy who cried lucain?” “Chisoku... I just don't want to talk. Is that a problem?” The starting hints of anger were beginning to show in Chishio's voice, and Chisoku could tell it. Chisoku snorted at Chishio, replying, “Not to me. I'm gonna go wake Masurao.” The stud lowered his head and scooped up a mouthful of water and turned swiftly, trotting back towards the camp. Chishio knew what was coming next. “See you, Chishio!” Though Chisoku was obviously unbothered by what had happened, Chishio was. She had to do something, but she didn't know quite yet what to do.
Ah! CHISOKU!!!

Chisoku
[ 2 || 8 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 02/06/2012 8:27 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 5 || 21 ] [ 6 || 27 ]

Under other circumstances, Chishio would have joined in on Chisoku awakening Masurao with a funny surprise, such as spraying him with water as Chisoku had done. But, even as she heard Masurao chasing Chisoku around, trying to pay his companion back, she could not bring herself to get caught up in it. Chishio sat on her knees still, looking out over the water, staring at nothing in particular. It had come to the point that Chishio did not know what she wanted to do, or what there was to do, and the feeling itself was wearing on her mind. She sat quietly, her mind drifting deeper and deeper into her own thoughts until she was lost completely within them.
Chishio!!!” Startled out of her thoughts, Chishio was suddenly stumbled into, arms wrapping around her from behind as a familiar laughter filled her ear. After a moment of catching her breath, she smiled, and pushed glared up at the laughing Masurao, who seemed unable to say anything at the moment. “What are you doing, Masurao?” Chishio patiently waited for a moment as Masurao regained himself as best he could so he could reply. “Hehe, just playing, that's all.” Chishio chuckled, still trapped in Masurao's arms. “Why am I not surprised?” Chuckling in response, Masurao hugged Chishio tighter, his thoughts faintly trailing to the day before, but he did not allow himself to ponder on what might have been. He was just thankful that he could still hug her one more day. Smiling, Chishio looked back to the water, rocking back slightly against Masurao. “I was thinking about sticking around for the day and doing some exploring. I figured we could use a day just to... well, relax after yesterday, heh.” Glancing away from the water, Chishio tried to push away the flashbacks of being under those dark, deadly waters, trying not to remember what had nearly happened. Masurao's comforting and warm voice brought her back so easily to reality. “Sure, Chi. That sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm sure there's a lot out here that we can get in trouble with, hehe.” Again, Chishio couldn't help but grin at Masurao's words, and she replied, “Alright, well let's clean up the camp and get moving then. We got a whole day ahead of us.” “Alright. ...I'll race ya!” Masurao playfully pushed Chishio down as he stood, keeping her from standing easily, and took off running for the campsite. “Hey! No fair!” Chishio yelled with laughter, leaping up and chasing after her long-time friend. Chisoku suddenly ran up behind them, nickering with enjoyment at the race, though he was clearly the superior runner as he passed them both. “Haha, this is too easy!

Chisoku
[ 2 || 9 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 02/12/2012 10:48 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 5 || 22 ] [ 6 || 28 ]

The life I love is the one I lead
It gets crazy but that's fine by me
'Cause I don't see the day
When I run all night
But I've got to say there's no other way
'Cause I'm having the time of my life

The sound of galloping hooves was no doubt a sign of Chisoku joining in on the race. Chishio watched as he rushed by, the stallion easily catching up to Masurao and rushing by.  “You two are way too slow! Speed it up!” “Hey! Go pick on someone your own species!” Masurao stuck his tongue out at the stud as Chisoku nickered in laughter, dancing away from them down the narrow path. The stud spun around in front of the camp site, looking back as the two humans finally caught up. Nickering with laughter, Chisoku reared, tossing his head and pawing the air with joy at the run they'd had. Chishio and Masurao chuckled as they tried to catch their breath. Chisoku seemed to be puzzled by this as he came down to all fours, tilting his head and letting his thoughts resonate outwards to the pair. “You can't tell me you're out of breath that fast? I mean, c'mon! We couldn't run but so far anyway! Haha!” Masurao playfully pushed his companion in response to his taunting. “Look, now, you shouldn't be bragging about beating a couple of two-legged humans. You got four legs, and you're kind is one of the fastest around! There's just no bragging about that, Chisoku!” Chisoku pinned his ears at the comment, snorting in response, but he was unable to say anything clever in response. “Hmph... I still beat you.” Masurao shook his head in amusement as Chisoku turned on his back hooves and leapt away, clearly hurt in his pride as he went to the other side of the camp to browse on a few ferns.
Chishio leaned up against a tree, finally able to breath normally, watching Masurao as he was watching Chisoku. Masurao loved Chisoku, but knew that the stallion had quite a bit of a pride problem. When his pride was hurt, Chisoku couldn't hide it. With a sigh, Masurao glanced over his shoulder at Chishio and smiled. Chishio returned the smile, and said, “Well, are we gonna just stand here, or get things together? We got a whole day ahead of us.” Pushing herself off the tree, Chishio made her way to the tarp that had been their shelter, already beginning to take it down. Masurao chuckled and nodded his head in response. “Of course. The sooner we get cleaned up, the sooner we can get out there and search, right?” Pitching in quickly to remove the tarp, Masurao worked on the other ropes to get the tarp down. Together, the two packed up things quickly. Chishio, however, found herself glancing to Masurao every now and again, hoping not to catch his eyes. They had been friends for a long while, but there had always been something deeper between them. Something that they had never pursued, but were always aware of. Chishio knew exactly why neither one of them pursued it. Change. There was a high risk that if things didn't work out between them, they would lose what they had now, and to lose that would be to lose Chishio's world. But, would it be worth that risk?

Chisoku
[ 3 || 10 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 02/16/2012 11:45 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 5 || 23 ] [ 6 || 29 ]

When I run all night

The two worked quickly together to get the campsite packed up, both without speaking a word. The silence that fell between them was nothing unusual. It was a comfortable silence. One that they both knew. Even when they were silent together, there was a comfortable air between them. Nothing needed to be said. They just knew they were there, for each other.
Masurao threw his pack over his shoulder, it clanging with noise at the items packed within. “Whelp, that's everything.” Chishio looked around to be sure and nodded her head in agreement. “Looks like it,” she replied with a nod and a gentle smile. Behind her smile, though, it was clear that Chishio's mind was still weighted down. Masurao could sense her starting to fade again, and he walked up to her, putting his arm around her, and playfully hugging her. “C'mon. Let's get a move on. The sun'll set before we know it, hehe.” Unable to hide a grin, Chishio playfully pushed Masurao away and took to the lead. “Alright then, but I'm leading the way.” “Augh, this could be a disaster...” Chisoku thought aloud as he stepped up beside Masurao, who chuckled at the comment. Chishio spun around, glaring at the Cavallion. “And just what is that supposed to mean?” She hissed, her eyes starting to glow bright red. Chisoku's eyes widened and he took a step back, thinking nervously, “Uh... It-it doesn't mean anything, heh. Just a joke, y'know?” With the equivalence of a snort, Chishio tossed her head in irritance as she turned away to walk on, her eyes returning to their normal blue hue. Masurao chuckled, nudging Chisoku with his elbow. “You forget that she's part Battleheart, don't you?” Regaining himself, Chisoku pinned his ears and glared at Masurao, snorting at him. “I was just joking, that's all!” Masurao laughed. “Y'know, Chisoku. You and Chishio are a lot alike. I think that's why you two don't get along, hehe.” Chisoku's ears pricked forward, and he grunted, “Yeah, I guess you've got a point there.” “Hey! You two gonna sit back and talk all day, or are you gonna come on?” Masurao looked ahead at the sound of Chishio's voice, seeing her disappear up ahead. “Let's get a move on, Chisoku! She'll leave us behind!” Chisoku nickered in response as Masurao took to a run to catch up to Chishio. The stud reared, tossing his black mane and leaped after his companion, following Masurao to catch up to their friend.

Chisoku
[ 3 || 11 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 02/17/2012 10:56 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 5 || 24 ] [ 7 || 30 ]

When I run all night

Masurao burst through the foliage at a dead run, Chisoku hot on his heels, and the two nearly collided with Chishio, who stood at the bank of their small island. “Whoa!” Masurao slammed his feet in the muddy ground to try and stop himself from colliding with Chishio as she spun around to face them. Chisoku neighed shrilly in surprise at Masurao halting just before him, and quickly tried to stop himself by planting his haunches low, his hooves sliding across the mud, but it was too late. Just as Masurao steadied himself, Chisoku plowed into his companion, sending Masurao flying into the air. “Masurao!” Chisoku's concerned thoughts flooded the air as he tried to reach out with his mouth to grab his companion, but was not quick enough. Masurao prepared to get wet, hoping that there wasn't anything lurking in the waters, but just before he hit the water, he felt his body lurch forward and suddenly stop just above the water. “Huh?” Something was holding him just above the water. Glancing over his shoulder, Masurao's eyes fell on Chishio, standing in her Battleheart form, holding Masurao in her mouth by his backpack. Masurao couldn't help but laugh lightly. “Thanks, Chi.” Chishio grunted in response, pulling her head and neck back towards the shore, and craning her neck to set her friend gently to his feet. Masurao straightened himself up, repositioning his backpack before turning around to the wind-like sound of Chishio returning to her human form. Chisoku nickered to Masurao, “Well, that was intense.” Masurao playfully pushed Chisoku away. “Well, it was your fault! You shoulda watched where you were going!” Chisoku snorted and stepped closer to Masurao, putting his head flat against Masurao's. “I was watching where I was going. You just didn't give me any warning!” The stud whimpered, snorting as he reared away from Masurao, tossing his head. Chishio smiled as she looked out across the water. “Hehe, well, either way, I don't know why I did that.” Masurao and Chisoku looked to her, Masurao tilting his head slightly at her comment. Confused, he asked, “Why?” Chuckling, Chishio looked over to Masurao and responded, “Because, we're just gonna have to get wet anyway.” Still chuckling, Chishio stepped out into the water, leading the way. Masurao chuckled, realizing that she was right, but he wasn't against getting a little dirty. “Yep. You shoulda just let me fall right in, hehe.” Chishio grinned at the response, shaking her head in amusement as she made her way across the knee-deep, murky water, Masurao following her closely. Chisoku danced from side to side at the bank, snorting in disgust at the water. Glancing behind him, Masurao saw his companion hesitating, and he chuckled, “Alright back there, Chisoku?” Chisoku glanced up at Masurao, ears pinning back slightly, but only replied, “Ah... yeah. Just getting ready to go in.” The stud finally stepped into the water, squirming on the inside as his hoof slid into the muddy, mucky bottom. Chisoku shuttered, muttering to himself in his mind as he trudged into the water, seeing Chishio and Masurao already climbing out onto another small piece of land. “I certainly hope they don't expect me to keep doing this kinda stuff...” Chisoku grunted and took to a lope through the water, trying to get out as quickly as he could. He leaped up onto the shore with Chishio and Masurao, who were both grinning at the soaked stallion. Chisoku snorted, stretched his head out and shook his whole body off, sending drops of water everywhere. Chishio laughed, “Wow, thanks Chisoku. I wanted to get even more wet.” “Hmph.” The stud lifted his head high, and trotted past the two, deciding to take the lead and go his own way. “Hehe, he's a bit of a prince, isn't he?” Masurao asked with a grin. Unable to resist laughing, Chishio nodded her head and nudged Masurao lightly.
That's a good way to describe him! A prince!” The two laughed as they continued on, following after Chisoku.
* * * * * § * * * * *

Chisoku
[ 3 || 12 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 02/19/2012 8:29 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 6 || 25 ] [ 7 || 31 ]

When I run all night

Mid-day came fairly quickly as the trio made their way through the thick and unforgiving swamp. Chishio had pulled off her coat due to the nice sunny weather that had heated up the swamp. Even Masurao had rolled up his sleeves and unbuttoned the top two buttons on his shirt to escape the heating weather. It wasn't unbearable, but with the stagnant air, it was still not the most comfortable weather. Neither complained, however, and continued on, talking with one another along the way. “I think my feet are swimming in my boots.” Chishio chuckled at the comment, Masurao grinning as he shook one foot in the air, drops of water flying off from his soaked boots. Their pants' legs were soaked from the knee down, obviously from the wet swamp. “Hehe, mine are too,” Chishio replied, copying Masurao's action of shaking out her shoes. Masurao laughed and looked up to Chisoku, noticing he had the least amount of water on him. In fact, he was completely dry! “Hey, Chisoku doesn't have a single drop of water on him!” Chishio looked up to Chisoku, who was several yards ahead of them, leading the way through the swamp. He had disappeared from time to time, only to return ahead of them. “Hm, I think he's taking dry paths without us, and letting us trudge through the water...” Chishio playfully glared at Chisoku, who pretended not to be listening to them. Masurao added, “Yeah, well, he'll melt if he gets wet, so I understand.” Chisoku snorted, looking back over his shoulder to glare at Masurao. “Hey, at least I'm dry. You two look like some kinda swamp monsters!” The stud nickered a laugh, and took off, disappearing once more as they neared another wet area to cross. Chuckling, Masurao looked Chishio up and down, and nodded. “Yep. He's got us there. We're a muddy pair!” Chishio chuckled, coming to a stop at the water's edge. “Yep, and it looks like we're gonna have to get muddier.” “Oh, the joy,” Masurao said in a clear tone of sarcasm. Chishio grinned, and playfully pushed Masurao into the water, saying, “You go first!” “Hey!” Masurao stumbled into the water, splashing water and mud up on himself. “Augh, I didn't want to get more muddier! Come 'ere, you!” Reaching out, he grabbed Chishio by the arm and pulled her into the water, which happened to be more mud than anything. They stood knee deep in the mixture, Chishio pushing Masurao off of her and rushing by for the opposite shore. With the two together, there was no wonder that they hadn't found anything. They were too busy having fun!
The two laughed as they stumbled out of the mud, now more wet and muddier than they had been. Chisoku showed up once more, walking up to the two with a disgusted look on his face. “Augh... You two are filthy.” “Ah, it's just a little mud. It doesn't hurt,” Chishio replied with a wink. Chisoku didn't find it all amusing, and snorted. “Disgusting.” Masurao laughed, wiping off some mud off his hand onto his pants leg, causing Chisoku to shutter. “I can't believe I came here.” The stud tossed his head and took off once more, Masurao sighing with an amused grin. “Well, what do you think of taking a break, Chi?” Looking to Masurao, Chishio nodded her head in agreement. “Yeah, that sounds good. We could have some lunch and... well, dry off some, hehe.” Masurao chuckled, nodding his head fiercely in agreement. “Oh, yes. That, too. C'mon. Let's go find a place to sit.

Chisoku
[ 3 || 13 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 02/22/2012 1:38 AM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 6 || 26 ] [ 7 || 32 ]

When I run all night

The two searched in no apparent rush for a suitable place to sit and, once found, they settled down to lunch. Chisoku took off by himself to find better grazing, letting Masurao know of his whereabouts, and also keeping an ear out for danger or threats. Masurao pulled out two peanut butter sandwiches and a canteen full of fresh water, and the two shared the meal together. It was all the food Masurao had left so he knew that they would have to head home tonight, or else start living off survival skills.

The idle chit-chat and familiar sounds of laughter slowly came to a close as they finished eating. Masurao sat on an old log, finishing the last bite of his sandwich. Chishio had finished sooner than Masurao and had pulled out her newly obtained knife. She lay back on a low tree limb, whittling down a small piece of wood. The blade wasn't very sharp, but it could still cut. Chishio, however, wasn't able to fully focus on what she was doing. “How are you feeling?” Masurao's words broke the silence. Chishio continued her mindless movement of moving the knife in a repetitive motion against the wood, small shavings falling off to the ground below. After a moment, she stopped and finally replied with a shrug of her shoulders. “I'm alright.” Masurao lowered his eyes, nearly cursing under his breath, knowing she wasn't speaking the truth. He sighed, “Chishio...” “Don't, Masurao,” Chishio cut in, looking up and away from him, out across the still, black waters. “I'll be fine. Please, don't worry...” Masurao's features fell to dismay as he looked up to Chishio. “I can't help it, Chi. That's what friends do. You saying you don't worry about me?” Chishio looked over to Masurao in surprise, quickly responding with, “Of course I do. I mean... I care about you. That's why I worry.” His eyes lighted at the response, and Masurao nodded his head. “Exactly. I care about you, too, Chi. I just want to be absolutely sure that you're okay. Yesterday... Well, it was the scariest I've ever felt. I can't imagine how you feel.” Chishio slowly turned her head away, eyes lowering away from Masurao's. She could no longer keep her feelings hidden. Oddly enough, though, she felt she should speak of them, even though it felt strange. “I could have died, Masu... I nearly died. Tandokuno had me. He had every step planned, and he could have ended me. He would have ended me if-” Chishio broke off for a moment, pausing, before looking to Masurao with sullen eyes. Masurao remained still and quiet, listening to her every word and allowing her to continue at her own pace. “If you hadn't of been here, I would be dead now, Masurao. I would be dead if you hadn't of been here... That's how close Tandokuno came. It was just by fate that you happened to be here at the right time. A few minutes later, and I wouldn't be here. I would be dead. Tandokuno had the advantage from the very beginning. He stalked me, planted traps, and then made sure I would step right into them.” Chishio sighed, venting the anger that was starting to build up within her. She shook her head in frustration, adding, “I hate him.” “Don't say that, Chi.” “Well, what else am I supposed to feel about him?” Chishio shot back, her eyes showing faint signs of red. Masurao remained calm, and replied gently, “Pity him. Feel sorry for him. Feel angry, yes, but don't hate him. Hatred leads to... outright wrong deeds. Hatred is something you don't want to have to deal with.” Chishio's eyes seemed to grow brighter red. “He tried to kill me, Masurao... And, you want me to pity him?!” “Chishio...” Masurao spoke in a calm, soft tone, trying to settle Chishio down. The air was already starting to feel hotter. Masurao knew that her fire element was stronger connected to her emotions. When she got hot, the area around her got hot, too. Chishio leaped out of the tree, shaking her head and pointed at Masurao. “How do I pity someone who tries to kill me?! How?! It's not possible! I can't! I can't pity someone with so much hatred for me! What did I ever do to him?! I just... follow my heart, and because he thinks it wasn't right for him, he's got to get back at me in the worst of ways?! I can't pity him! I won't!” Chishio's rage was starting to escalate very rapidly, but Masurao kept his cool. He knew that nothing he could say now would do much good; she was yelling far too much to really hear him. So, Masurao quickly stood up, and walked to Chishio, putting his arms around her and pulling her into a hug, tightly against him. “I'm sorry, Chi... I... can't understand what you're feeling. But, no matter what, I'm here for you. I promise that.” At first, Chishio just stood there, her hands balled into fists, unmoved at the side of her body. She did not move to embrace Masurao, her now red eyes seething. But, his words sank in slowly, and Chishio felt herself melt into his arms, and, slowly, she embraced him gently. Chishio felt awkward, but Masurao just held her. She had just opened up her feelings to him, and it felt... strange. She wasn't entirely sure if it was good or bad, but she knew she just felt different. Chishio sighed, feeling her anger start to subside. “No... I'm sorry.” Gently, Chishio pulled away from Masurao, but was unable to meet his eyes. He watched her, waiting to see what she was going to say. “I'm angry, but my anger is only draining my energy where I could be putting it to other, better uses.” Masurao tilted his head slightly, smiling softly. “That sounds a little better. In fact, that sounds like a pretty good idea.” He winked, once more lightening the mood as Masurao so well at doing.

Chisoku
[ 3 || 14 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 02/23/2012 10:38 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 6 || 27 ] [ 7 || 33 ]

When I run all night

Chishio could not bring herself to smile, eyes lowering so they would no longer meet with Masurao's. Masurao's smile slowly fade, and he placed a hand on Chishio's shoulder, gently leading her over to sit down on the log he'd sat on earlier. “C'mon on and sit down. We'll think together.”  Chishio followed his lead without resistance, and they both sat down on the log, Chishio quite deep in thought. Sitting with her elbows on her knees, Chishio still handled the knife in her hand, feeling the smooth, worn handle against her skin. Masurao waited patiently as she thought. He wasn't entirely sure what she was thinking, but he knew she was going to sort things out one way or another. After another moment of silence, Chishio looked up, into the swamp with a clear look of determination. Masurao instinctively caught sight of it, and he knew that Chishio had something in mind. Seriousness settled in deeply to Masurao. “Alright, what's up?” Still staring into the deep swamp, Chishio's eyes set with the hardened determination that could not be broken, and she said, “We're going to end this. If he wants a war, I'll give him one. But, first, we have to be prepared.” Masurao seemed a bit uncertain. This didn't sound like Chi. To make sure he understood things fully, he asked, “You want to wage war against him?” Chishio shook her head in response, answering, “No. I don't want anything to do with him, but I do want us to be ready for when he comes back, and he will come back.” Chishio sat up fully, her eyes never moving from the black waters ahead. Masurao seemed to better understand Chishio's motives. “So, you just want to defend ourselves for when he returns.”  “Right. He's going to figure out I'm not dead, there's no doubt about that. But, if I can prolong that so we can get together a good team, we can defend ourselves from him and his gang for when that time comes. He's not going to stop until I'm dead, and every time he fails, he's going to come back with a stronger and stronger hatred, and eventually, he'll get me.” Masurao followed Chishio's gaze, looking out across the swamp and nodded his head. “Right. I agree. No doubt, he will find out you're still alive, and I can imagine that's going to fire him up. But, if we're ready for his return, then we can protect ourselves, and perhaps ward him off, the jerk.” Nearly smirking at his remark, Chishio nodded her head in agreement. “The best defense is a good offense, though. We'll have to prepare for actually fighting. Not just hiding behind walls or anything like that.” “Well, if it's in self-defense, then that's what matters,” Masurao said with a shrug. Chishio nodded her head once in full agreement. “So, how do you plan to keep him off your trail? Have you gotten that far yet?” Chishio nodded her head firmly, answering, “I have an idea.” Standing up, Chishio walked a few steps away, Masurao tilting his head in curiosity as he watched her. She pulled off a long, narrow leaf, like that of a cattail's leaves, and began wrapping it tightly around the blade of her knife, as a make shift sheath. Masurao waited for a moment, brow raising slightly in confusion. With a slight excited impatience, he asked, “Well? what is it?” Chishio put the wrapped knife, point down, at the side of her hip, placing the blade-end down within her jeans, the cushioned leaf protecting her from it's point. After another moment, Chishio turned and looked to Masurao, finally answering. “I'm going to become a boy.” Masurao's eyes widened, and his face fell to disbelief, and for a moment, he couldn't utter a thing, though he tried. After struggling a few moments to find his voice, Masurao managed to strain out, “What?! What the hell are you talking about?!
Chisoku heard Masurao's voice, and lifted his head to scan the area quickly. He was on the opposite side of the water, able to see Chishio standing where he'd last left them. She didn't seem distressed. Instead, it was as he had figured; the two were talking. Chisoku couldn't help but wonder what they were talking about though.

Chisoku
[ 4 || 15 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 02/24/2012 10:27 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 6 || 28 ] [ 7 || 34 ]

When I run all night

Seeing Masurao freak over what she said caused an amused, if not slightly annoyed, smirk came across Chishio's features. She waited for him to calm down a bit before she continued with a blunt sigh. “I'm not literally going to become a boy. I mean, take on a new identity. It'd be easier, and less conspicuous, if I disguise myself as a boy. Tandokuno wouldn't ever expect that, and better yet, he wouldn't recognize me right away. He may figure it sooner or later, but it wouldn't be right away.” Masurao seemed relieved to hear what Chishio was saying, and he chuckled, nodding his head in agreement. “Ah, okay. That's a pretty good idea, and I think it would work. When we return to town, I can probably find some of my old clothes for you to wear. We'd just have to create a name and a story for you.” Chishio nodded her head, replying, “Right. We can figure that out later, though. I'll think on some ideas until we get there, and I'm sure something good will come together.” Nodding his head, Masurao replied, “That sounds like a good plan to me.” Smiling, Chishio dipped her head in agreement, and Masurao smiled back. He couldn't quite imagine how she was going to look after the disguise, but he knew one thing for certain: no matter what, she would always be Chishio. His mind began to drift back to thoughts on Tandokuno, and he felt himself start to boil with anger, but Masurao cooled himself, pushing the thoughts away as he stood up. He wasn't about to let himself succumb to hatred. Not yet. Trying to keep his mind busy, he strolled over to Chishio, asking, “So, when we come up with a disguise, then what?” Chishio stood for a moment in thought, and slowly turned away, beginning her trek onwards, with Masurao walking along beside her, shifting his backpack on his shoulder. “Well, I thought maybe we could ask around for some help. There's bound to be others out there who are having problems with Tandokuno and his gang. It can't just be us. If we can convince them to just prepare to defend themselves instead of sitting around waiting, or waging all out war against them, then we'd have a good, strong band, I'd imagine.” “That sounds good,” Masurao replied. “I've got a couple people in mind who would like to help us.” “Good. Just be sure to tell no one who I am.” Masurao tilted his head. “Why not?” Glancing back, Chishio answered, “Safety. If word gets out - even by accident - that I'm still alive, it'll ruin everything. It'd just be better if everyone thought I was dead. And, it would probably be a good idea for us not to be seen together for about a week.” “Huh?” “I know, I know, but wouldn't it be a bit obvious if the day after I disappear, someone else shows up hanging out with you? As if I'm just suddenly replaced?” Understanding what she was saying, Masurao said, “Ah, I see. It would make it too obvious. People could connect the dots, probably very quickly.” Chishio nodded her head in affirmative. Masurao chuckled. “Wow, you really thought of everything, didn't you?” Laughing lightly, Chishio replied, “I wouldn't say everything, but what happened yesterday really got my mind going, and it hasn't stopped yet. I'll get everything sorted out...” Her voice lowering, and becoming almost dark, she added, “...and maybe I can get a few steps ahead of Tandokuno...” Masurao could hear the darkness of her tone, but he decided to point out something perhaps Chishio had missed. “With you being dead, you're already quite a few steps ahead of him.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 02/26/2012 10:50 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 6 || 29 ] [ 8 || 35 ]

When I run all night

At Masurao's words, Chishio realized that he was right. She stopped short, thinking of the fact that she was a few steps ahead of Tandokuno. Masurao stopped next to her, his eyes filling with concern. “Did I say something wrong, Chi?” Chishio smiled lightly, shaking her head 'no,' as she looked up at him. “No, Masu. You're right. I'm already a few steps ahead with this plan, and I hope to keep it that way.” Masurao nodded his head firmly, accurately finishing her thought. “You will. And, I'll be there to help all along the way, hehe. So long as we work together, we'll get through this.” Putting his arm over her shoulder, Masurao pulled Chishio against him in a warm hug, grinning. But, despite his warm and playful attitude, his voice was filled with absolute truth and firmness as he said, “I promise.” Chishio could not help but match Masurao's warm smile with her own, and she put her arm around his shoulder. “Thank you, Masurao. That really means a lot to me. And, I know we'll get through this. Nothing's been able to keep us down yet, right? Hehe...” Chuckling as they began to walk again, arms still around each others shoulders, Masurao replied, “Yep, sure 'nough, that's right.” The two laughed warmly, knowing that there was no better comfort than being with each other. Nothing as of yet had been able to keep them down, and Chishio was beginning to feel that nothing could knock them down. They were far too much of a great team for that.
As they walked along, side-by-side, Masurao looked up to the canopy above. He noted, “It's been pretty quiet in the swamp lately. I haven't heard or seen much of anything.” Chishio stopped, lifting her head to look up into the canopy, searching for signs of insects, birds, or any life in the trees above, but could see nothing. “Hm... That's odd. Even in a place such as this, there should be some wildlife about.” Masurao began to feel tense. Something was wrong. “Chi... Go hide.” Masurao's voice had changed to a flat tone, which threw Chishio off. “Wha-” “Now!” Chishio was taken back by Masurao's sudden change, her eyes narrowing with anger as hints of red started to show against the blue in her eyes. “I don't hide, Masurao. I fight.” Masurao spun around to face Chishio, shifting to his Lucain form, and growled, “No. Someone else is around, and if it's Tandokuno, you can kiss your plan goodbye. Now, get!” For a moment, Chishio only stood, glaring directly into Masurao's eyes with a burning anger. Masurao knew that she was angry, but he would rather take on the brunt of her anger than to see her die. He only hoped that she would listen to him.
After a moment, Chishio spun on her heel and took off, the anger never leaving her eyes. Masurao watched, with slight relief, as she leaped over a log and disappeared. Quickly, he used his paw to swipe a bunch of leaves over a few of the footprints that Chishio had left, and turned away from her direction in order to keep her location hidden. Tails twitching, Masurao raised himself up, head held still as his eyes searched the surrounding area, ears working like radars to grab any sound around him. “I know you're there... I just have to find you...
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 03/01/2012 12:48 AM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 7 || 30 ] [ 8 || 36 ]

When I run all night

Crouched in her hiding place, Chishio stayed quiet, intently listening to her surroundings. Already, she had pulled out her knife and had it unsheathed and ready to use, held tightly and securely so that she would not drop it again. She'd learned her lesson the first time. The tension was thick in the air, Chishio could feel it, but she could not see where Masurao was or what he was doing. She gripped the knife tighter. Chishio wasn't about to let anything bad happen. Her eyes began to glow red as the anger within her began to rise.
Masurao, still in his lucain form, used every aid he could to listen for anything around him. Nostrils flared as they gathered up the scents around him, trying to gather why the swamp had become suddenly so silent. He could not gather any scent over the pungent odor of the swamp. Masurao thought he could catch something else among there, but he could not decipher what it was. Nearly growling, Masurao projected, “This better not be one of your tricks, Chisoku...” Hoping to hear a response from his companion, Masurao waited, but none came. Tension began to rise. Though Chisoku pulled his fair share of pranks, when he was called out with seriousness, it always ended it. Chisoku wouldn't keep playing his game if he knew that there was a danger of being injured - and the possibility was high right now. Masurao could feel every muscle in his body tight with tension, and he could not loosen them, as he was far too on edge. With no answer from Chisoku, Masurao could only assume that he was too far out of range to hear his thoughts. If it wasn't Chisoku out there, though, then who else could it be? If it was Tandokuno, then the possibility of their plan being foiled was indeed great. But, Tandokuno usually just appeared - without any real dramatic entrance. He wouldn't have taken time to hide. Masurao began to become slightly frustrated, but kept his cool, ever-ready for whatever was around them. His patience paid off.
Snap! Masurao spun to face the sound of a large branch snapping, a fatal mistake made by whatever was moving in the dense foliage around them. “Who is there?! Show yourself!” The lucain demanded, holding his head up high to try and prevent from looking threatening. He wasn't looking for a fight - he just didn't like the idea of being stalked.
Chishio had shifted her position slightly, kneeling on one knee now, but was as rigid as ever. Her teeth gritted, and every muscle tensed, Chishio was ready for a fight. Her knife held at the ready, she prepared to leap, waiting to hear what was to emerge. No matter what, she wasn't going to let Masurao stand and fight alone. “I dare him to come out...
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext