Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 08/22/2012 11:15 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 13 || 61 ] [ 7 || 30 ]

As the sun began to rise higher in the sky, the urgency in Chishio's stride was unmistakable. Though she was still careful with where she stepped, and trying not to rush herself, she couldn't help but feel as though she had to keep pushing herself more and more to ensure finding Masurao. Shiranai could unmistakably feel her urgency, occasionally having to pick up his pace to be sure she didn't run into him. He sometimes felt that she never even noticed he was there. However, he tried to keep focused on the task. Shiranai was truthfully grabbing at straws, hoping that his guess would be the right one to reunite Chishio with her friend. He had to admit that he was slightly afraid if he was wrong. After seeing the rage within this young woman, Shiranai couldn't help but wonder just what kind of potential she had. But, at the same time, he felt many other things for this young woman. Longing. Understanding. Confusion. Even envy. The feelings were muddled together, and it was the first time that Shiranai didn't know all that he felt.
Suddenly, a lone howl pierced the air of the swamp, sounding so lonely, it would send chills down anyone who heard it. For Chishio, it sent hope through her. She stopped short, her head snapping towards the sound coming from ahead. “Masurao?” She couldn't resist the question, but she knew. Chishio knew that it was him. His howl was unmistakable. Shiranai had just enough time to turn to look to Chishio when she suddenly shot past him, yelling, “Masurao!!!” “Wait!” Shiranai found himself exclaiming in a frightened surprise, reaching out to try to grab Chishio, as if trying to grasp at something that he felt was there, but he missed. Whether it was because Chishio was running to fast, or because something within him had held his hand back just enough, Shiranai wasn't sure, but he had little time to assess it. Chishio was nearly out of sight. Quickly, the man took off after her, following her path with incredible ease. The swamp was no doubt his home.

As Chishio ran, she couldn't hold back a small, hopeful smile, her mind hung on this hope that it was Masurao. But, she knew it. She knew it. There was no need to hope. It was Masurao. His howl was unmistakable. Ahead, she could make out what appeared to be a large clearing, as the sun's rays were filtering through the trees brightly. Chishio knew that it must have been where Masurao had howled from.

Masurao's ears pricked to the sound of a voice coming from within, but he was slightly afraid that it was just a trick of his mind. “Chishio?” It was a hopeful question, but not confirmed. Masurao didn't want to get his hopes up if it were not true. His mind could easily have been playing cruel tricks on him. But, today, his mind was not.
A sudden crashing through the woods caused Masurao to start, preparing for an attacker, but Chishio suddenly emerged from the dense growth, looking around desperately. And, then, their eyes meet. Almost simultaneously, the two yelled out one anothers' names, and began to run to each other as Masurao returned to his true form, smiles beaming across their faces. The two ran into each others' embrace, wrapping their arms tightly around one another, refusing to let go as they laughed and hugged, happy in their reunion. “Oh, Chishio, I was afraid I'd lost you,” Masurao said as he hugged Chishio tighter than he ever had before. Chishio returned the tight embrace, grinning. “I was afraid I had lost you, Masu,” she said, unable to stop smiling. Even Chisoku joined in on the reunion, racing up to the two of them, nickering excitingly. “Chishio! Glad to see you alive and well!” The stud exclaimed, wrapping his neck around the two of them in a hug-like manner. “It's good to see you alive and well, too, Chisoku!” Chishio said with a laugh, not having felt this good in a long while.

From the cover of the swamp, Shiranai stood at its edge, as if there was a barrier around the swamp, refusing to let him out. He watched the two as they embraced and, though it did not show on his features, he felt envious of their connection. The young man lowered his eyes, aware of his loneliness. But, the swamp was all he knew. The swamp was his only companion. Lifting his eyes again, he stepped back in the shadows a bit, still keeping them in view, but hiding himself from them.

As the three broke their tight embrace, Masurao put his arm over Chishio's shoulder, still keeping her close to his side. “I guess fate was on our side again, allowing you to be so close to hear me, huh?” Masurao asked with a grin. It was then that Chishio remembered Shiranai. She quickly looked over to his direction, searching the trees for him, but couldn't find him. “No,” Chishio answered, slightly absent-mindedly. “It was by fate that he found me.” Masurao tilted his head, glancing over to the swamp where Chishio was looking. “Who?” He asked skeptically. “Shiranai. The battleheart we ran into... Wait here.” Chishio left the confused young man and walked back to the edge of the swamp where she'd come out at. “Shiranai?” She asked quietly as she approached. It took a moment, but she finally saw his bright green eyes in the shadows. Chishio tilted her head. “You won't come out?

Shiranai stood still, and for a moment did nothing. But, after what appeared to be a moment of thought, he closed his eyes and shook his head in response. “The swamp is my place. He is yours.” The man tilted his head towards Masurao, indicating Chishio's place. Chishio was a bit stunned at this response, though it didn't register on her features. After a silent moment of deep thought, Chishio finally spoke again. “We all have our places.” The words stung a bit to Shiranai, feeling that he was now securely bound to swamp without doubt, until Chishio continued. “But, I want you to know that if you ever need anything - anything at all - you come find us. You'll have a place with us,” Chishio assured, giving a nod. Shiranai appeared completely taken back by this gesture, having not expected it. But, it filled his heart, knowing that, even if he did spend his time alone in the swamp, he wasn't alone. Shiranai actually smiled. “Thank you, Chishio,” was all that he could say, though he felt so much more was needed to be said. Amazingly to Shiranai, Chishio actually returned the smile, and, this time, it was absolutely genuine. Her face lit up when she smiled genuinely. “No, Shiranai. Thank you,” Chishio corrected. The two smiled at one another, knowing that there was now a true companionship between each other. In order to make a pact, Chishio used a gesture that was custom from where she'd come from. She put her right hand into a fist and brought it straight across her chest, laying her fist where her heart was. “If you need me, I will come without hesitation,” Chishio promised in her serious tone, showing that she absolutely meant it. Shiranai could not help but return the gesture, though he'd never seen it before. “And, I will come to your aid should you need me,” he promised with a nod of his head. “It is a pact, then,” Chishio concluded as she lowered her arm. “Take care, Shiranai,” Chishio finished with a smile. Shiranai smiled, stepping back deeper into the swamp as he shifted to his battleheart form. “You too,” the beast rumbled in his chest. As Chishio turned to leave, Shiranai lifted his head into view of Masurao, and the two met eyes. Shiranai nodded his head once to Masurao, showing respect, and Masurao smiled gently, nodding his head back in respect. It was a mutual respect, showing their appreciation of each other. For Masurao, it was for Shiranai leading Chishio back. For Shiranai, it was being such good friends to Chishio. He knew that she needed that right now. With that done, the beast slipped back into his swamp, returning to his world in silence, but in absolute reassurance that he was not alone.

As Chishio rejoined Masurao, she said almost casually, “I don't know about you, but i could certainly go for a warm meal, and a hot shower.” Masurao seemed to leap on this offer, “You read my mind!” Chisoku wasted no time in urging the two to climb on his back, either. “C'mon, you too! You're slower than a slug in snow!” The two laughed at Chisoku as the leaped onto his back, Masurao sitting behind Chishio, wrapping his arms around her. Chishio smiled, placing one hand on Chisoku's mane, and the other on Masurao's folded hands. Chisoku, unable to wait any longer, reared half-way, and leaped into a full gallop across the plains, heading for the Sekudui Farmlands. For their home.

Fin~

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 13 || 61 ] [ 8 || 37 ]

They blazed a trail I dared to run
They built this world
and I have come
I need another, like a brother

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel