Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

.::Bleed for You No More::. [P/Done]

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/16/2012 11:23 PM

Chishio
[ 1 || 1 ]

I remember when all the games began
Remember every little L I E and
every last goodbye
Promises you
broke, words you choked on
and I
never walked away,
it's still a mystery to me

The sickness of the swamp was like an infection. It spread through the body without a thing to stop it. The dripping, saturated air suppressed the body, keeping it from healing, forever trying to hold it tightly in its grasp. It's as if the swamp itself was designed to keep bodies from leaving, like some disease that had spread through to every inch of the swamp. From the saturated, oozing earth, to the ancient, swaying trees, to the sickly water vines that hung from them, there was not a place here that looked to be inviting or welcoming. Everything appeared to be some sort of trap. The trees formed mazes that could easily disorient a traveler, while the vines grasped at them. The murky waters hid dangerous creatures, while sucking their captive into the dark waters, with nothing there to save them.
Despite the unwelcoming attitude of the swamp, Chishio had ventured in. She stood alone on a high root - sticking out of the ground a good five or so feet - of a massive tree, her bangs the only part of her moving, aside from the occasional blinking of her blue eyes. Water surrounded nearly the entire base of the tree, aside from a small strip of land that the root rested on, obviously where, at one time, there had been nothing but soil between the root and where the ground is now, but had long since been washed away by the ever-present waters. Chishio stared at the swamp. Despite it being around noon-time, it was fairly dark under the canopies of the massive, old trees, but still light enough to see. The over-cast of clouds and rainy weather did not help with visibility either. The water rippled everywhere, thus preventing sightings of much of anything to be effective. But, odds were not something that Chishio lived by.
Her reasons for being here were her own. She had to escape to this horrid place. There was a connection between her and this place, though, that others would not understand. In fact, on this day, it was as if the swamp was directly connected to her emotions. Dreary and silent, aside from the small trickles of rain. Chishio felt better out here. She felt right, away from every one else. There was no one out there special to her anyway, so what better place to be than right here.
The thoughts nagged at her. Chishio pushed them away, and leapt down to the muddy earth below, deciding that it was time to start hunting for what was around these parts.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/17/2012 12:55 AM

Chishio
[ 1 || 2 ]

every last goodbye
Promises you
and I
never walked away,

The mud swelled around her boots, sucking them into the earth as if it was trying to swallow her whole. Chishio's eyes narrowed. Nothing was going to stop her. With the equivalence of a human growl, Chishio swiftly snatched one foot out and pulled the other one to follow. Her legs carried her on, she careful not to stand in one place for too long, else she would get sucked down again. The rain seemed to add an extra weight all around. Although it was a life-giving part of nature, it also had its hindrances. Chishio's senses were dampened. Due to her Battleheart blood, Chishio's senses in human form were heightened, however in rain, it was nearly useless, especially her sense of smell. However, no matter the odds, here she was.
As Chishio trekked through the swamp, staying on whatever land she could and using logs, roots and whatever else to cross between the standing water, thoughts began to creep up on her mind. She'd been troubled for some time now. Something had happened that would not leave her alone. No matter how she pushed it away, it always returned, causing a heated anger, and many questions, to boil within her. Her hot-headed soul would not allow her to give in to questions, but instead, look for ways to get angry about it. Chishio absent mindedly broke a dead branch off a tree, allowing it to recklessly fall into the rippling water. Chishio paused, her unsmiling face staring ahead into the drizzling rain. Again, she found herself having to push the thoughts away. She could not allow herself to get drawn into those thoughts again. No, she had to stay focused on finding something... Anything. Pushing onward, Chishio continued her trek through the swamp, eyes ever alert for any threats, or anything worth her curiosity.  
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/17/2012 11:47 AM

Chishio
[ 1 || 3 ]

every last goodbye
Promises you
and I
never walked away,

What was it about people that caused them to lie? Was it fear? Afraid of looking bad, or losing something or someone they deem as special? Was it just that it was the nature of people? To lie? To take advantage of those who naturally open themselves up to the first deep connection with someone whom they thought were so special? What was the point of lying? Are people ashamed of who they really are? Or, is it all just part of life that one must learn to accept? People lie. They are liars by birth. It's easy to lie, it's harder to tell the truth.
Chishio hated when these thoughts pursued her, but they kept her mind busy. It helped to turn her focus away from being nearly soaked now. Her pants legs where drowned with mud up to her knees, yet she did not complain. No, it was as if the harsh nature of the swamp was a relief to Chishio. She found it to be refreshing. It made her feel alive after the months of torture she'd allowed herself to endure. At least the torture of this swamp was real. It played on her physical body, not her emotional one. Chishio would accept physical pain over emotional pain any day. Physical pain generally healed quicker than emotional pain. Emotional pain healed, but they would always leave deep scars.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/17/2012 9:02 PM

Chishio
[ 1 || 4 ]

every last goodbye
Promises you
and I
never walked away,

Was it the rain that brought on the thoughts? No, it was her tortured mind. She had tried many a time to find something to blame it on other than herself - her pride stepped in the way of that, but all answers came back to the fact that she beat herself up over every wrong decision she'd made. The "if only" sentences came without end. Yet the truth of the matter was that no matter how she thought about it, it wouldn't change what happened. So, why did her mind continue to torture her so? Chishio stopped and drew in a sharp breath before swinging her arm for a low lying branch, balling her hand into a fist, her yell echoing between the trees. The sound of a sharp crack! rang through the swamp as the weak branch cracked and snapped from her punch. Chishio stared at the branch, broken at the area where she'd hit it, hanging for life by a few threads of bark. Her blue eyes were tinted with a fiery red, threatening to unleash the monster within. There was no doubt that Chishio was angry. At who stood to remain the question. But she knew who she was angry at, and there were no excuses to say otherwise: herself.
Chishio stood, her shoulders sagging as her head dropped slowly, the rain continuing its work over the swamp. She was tired of thinking. Tired of returning to the past. Though she was tired of it, her mind was not. There had to be a reason... There had to be. There was something that she was not seeing that her mind was aware of. It was trying to show her. That had to be the an-
Crack!
Chishio's head snapped up in alert, and quickly she ducked behind a tree, pressing her back against the wide trunk, eyes searching as she listened. Something was in here... Chishio was not alone. Her eyes searched for the source of the sound, looking at every small movement, trying to seek out what could have made that sound. She listened for more sounds, but none came. All that she could hear now was the sound of the rain against the leaves of the trees and the rippling of the black waters...
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/17/2012 10:01 PM

Chishio
[ 2 || 5 ]

every last goodbye
Promises you
and I
never walked away,

Chishio stood still for what felt like hours, but was only a few minutes. Nothing changed. There were no more sounds, and she could not yet see anything moving aside from what was moving from the rain. Chishio, however, was not about to let her guard down that easily. She'd learned the hard way too many times before. She wasn't about to go through that again. Standing in one place was not the best option. She knew that if she stayed here, it was likely that whoever or whatever was out here would find her. Chishio had to move.
Quietly and steadily, Chishio made her way around the tree, crouching low and using whatever brush she could to hide herself, all the while keeping a look out for whatever had made that sound. She moved steadily along the slippery ground, making sure she had a good footing before stepping on through. This was no longer a stroll through the swamp. She was on edge, hunting for something. Whatever had made that sound.
As she moved, Chishio came to a rather thick area of brush, using it as cover. But as she moved through it, she came to an area that looked trampled. Chishio stopped, looking at the trampled ferns and plants that appeared to have been freshly done. She backed away, crouching lower, knowing for a fact that she was not alone. But, was it another being, or was it just an animal in the swamp? Due to the wet air, Chishio could not gather any scent, and therefore could not distinguish just what had made this. All she could do now was move on and hope to see whatever it was. Slowly, she began her walk onward, eyes and ears ever alert.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/18/2012 12:55 AM

Chishio
[ 2 || 6 ]

every last goodbye
Promises you
and I
never walked away,

Chishio felt on edge, but at the same time was collected, already thinking thoughts as to what she would need to do should something happen. Quietly yet quickly, she made her way through the swamp once again, ever alert for any threat. Through many terrains she had traveled, but this was one of the toughest to stay quiet in. The rain, however, helped to conceal her, though it also helped to conceal anything else around her. She wasn't entirely sure where she was going, but she just went where ever her legs carried her. Chishio trusted her own instincts. They had saved her many a time.
A glint in the mud ahead suddenly caught her eye. Chishio stopped and pushed her way steadily through the brush, keeping herself concealed, and came to the edge of the small island she'd been walking on. Several feet of water stood between her and the next strip of muddy land, which held some object sticking out off the ground. Chishio looked at it suspiciously. She glanced out through the rain, surveying her surroundings, searching for any sign that this might be a trap. But she hadn't heard anything since earlier. She had not found any more signs of anyone, either. After a long, decisive moment, Chishio allowed her curiosity to take over.
Slowly, she edged out into the rippling water, it swelling up around her knees, which finished soaking her jeans from the knee down. She crept quietly through, still suspicious of what she was coming up on and if something else was around. Coming to the next island of muddy land, Chishio stepped out on it, dripping with water, glancing behind her to make sure she was not being followed. She stayed still for a moment, searching around her. Something felt wrong, but she could not place what it was. Her blue eyes were drawn back to the object in the ground, hidden partially by dead leaves and moss. Glancing once more around her, Chishio knelt down and analyzed the object, recognizing what she saw as a handle of what looked to belong to a knife or sword. Chishio grasped it in one hand and pulled the blade out. It came out fairly clean, which surprised her. It was a bowie knife, which appeared to be worn and used. There was a chip in the blade, and it was fairly dull, though it still retained some sharpness. It looked tarnished and well worn. Chishio wondered whose it was and how it had ended up here.
Standing up with it still in her hand, Chishio continued to stare at. Suddenly, something grabbed her by the leg, and before she could react, Chishio was snatched to the ground, and snatched again up in the air, hanging by one leg. "What the hell?!" Gritting her teeth, Chishio looked up to see her leg caught in a rope lasso, and rope led high up into the trees, tied off somewhere. She knew someone had set this trap and needed to get out. Quickly, still gripping the knife tightly in her hand, Chishio pulled herself up, reaching for the rope and managed to grasp it, holding on tightly as she prepared to cut it with the dulled blade. Then, an eerie chuckle sounded through the forest from behind, and Chishio's eyes widened. The chuckle was familiar. Eyes narrowing, Chishio cut through the rope, and dropped to the ground, landing on her feet. Still wielding the knife, she looked up in the trees, and standing on a branch was a familiar dark haired young man, dressed in black. "Hello, Chishio."
With a clearly heated glare, Chishio's blue eyes starting to show signs of red, Chishio hissed in response, "Tandokuno..."

Tandokuno
[ 1 || 1 ]

I'm so sick of me
Being sick of you
And the way you look
All the things you do
You drive me crazy
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/19/2012 12:01 PM

Chishio
[ 2 || 7 ]

every last goodbye
Promises you
and I
never walked away,

"My, my. You don't sound too happy to see me." The young man spoke in a swooning way, as if to mock the young woman. Chishio gritted her teeth, her hand tightening around the handle of the knife, but she never took her eyes off of the young man, not even for a moment. "You've never given me a reason to be happy to see you," Chishio spat, her eyes cutting through Tandokuno with clear distrust. Tandokuno lifted his head and sneered, folding his arms over his chest. Chishio didn't know what he had planned next, but she wasn't about to let him have control of the situation. "What the hell do you want? Aside from me dead..." Tandokuno's mocking attitude suddenly changed, shifting to the undeniable hatred he had for Chishio. But, then he looked away for a moment and smirked. Chishio's eyes narrowed. She'd hit a hard spot for him, and she knew it. Without looking back to her, Tandokuno smoothly said, "For someone who knows me so well, you certainly do fall for the dullest of tricks." Chishio's eyes widened slightly, and she tilted her head, trying to figure out what he was talking about, but after a moment, she dismissed it. "Quit playing games! If you're gonna end me, come on!" Chishio lifted her knife, prepared for a fight and stepped forward. Tandokuno only lifted his head and smiled maliciously. "You're so predictable." Before Chishio had time to react to his statement, Tandokuno made a swift move with his arm behind the trunk of the tree, and as he moved quickly away, a large boulder with a large vine tied around it came tumbling to the ground from a branch on the tree. As soon as Chishio realized what was going on, it was too late. A net pulled up around her and snatched her up into the air as the rock hit the ground, trapping her tightly within the net. Chishio was berating herself as she struggled to get free. She hadn't noticed the vines hanging down around her, as they were indistinguishable from all the others. "How could I be so stupid! I should have gotten out when I had the chance!"

Tandokuno
[ 1 || 2 ]

I'm so sick of me
Being sick of you
And the way you look
All the things you do
You drive me crazy
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/19/2012 2:33 PM

Chishio
[ 2 || 8 ]

every last goodbye
Promises you
and I
never walked away,

Tandokuno's dark chuckle resonated through the swamp, unmuffled by the drenching, slow rain. Chishio struggled in the net, cursing herself for letting go of the knife. By the surprise of the net, it had been knocked out of her hand, and now was far below her, out of her reach. "Get me out of here, you coward!" Chishio yelled, her anger steaming from her voice as she fought against the net. Tandokuno merely continued to chuckle, and leaped gracefully down from his perch, landing with an eerie grace. "Now, why would I want to go and do a thing like that? We haven't finished our little game yet." Chishio gritted her teeth, fighting back the angry words she wanted to spew at the young, wretched man. Why couldn't he just leave her alone? With what would be considered a growl, Chishio spat back, "I've quit playing your little games! Just pick up your sorry life, and move on!" The words struck a nerve in Tandokuno, and he gritted his teeth, glaring at the young woman. "Never! You don't deserve to exist!" With a yell, Tandokuno threw his arms up, and his body began to shift. His skin turned black and scaly, accented with bright, glowing markings. His arms became wings, and his legs grew as did his body and neck, and no longer did a young man stand before Chishio. Rather, it was a Dreamsnare Hollowheart, looking down on the captured young woman. The Hollowheart shrieked, and through thought-speech, said, "I am going to destroy you if it's the last thing I ever do..." Tandokuno raised up one wing and, with the single claw on it, slashed at Chishio with all of his might. "Die!!!"

Tandokuno
[ 1 || 3 ]

I'm so sick of me
Being sick of you
And the way you look
All the things you do
You drive me crazy
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/19/2012 9:21 PM

Chishio
[ 2 || 9 ]

every last goodbye
Promises you
and I
never walked away,

The sharp sting of pain ripped across Chishio's side as the heavy wing-claw collided with her, tearing into the net that held her bound. Chishio yelled at the pain, gripping the sides of the net as it swung wildly back and forth. She didn't know what to do. Her fire powers were nearly useless in the rain. The vine was soaked and she would be unable to burn through it. And, if she shifted, she didn't know how it would fair against the small confines of the net. Tandokuno's dark chuckle echoed in her mind as Chishio searched for any answer of escape. The massive tail of the Hollowheart came crashing for her this time, missing only because the net was still swaying. "That's it!" "My, it's like hitting a pinata... Only my prize will be your demise!" Chishio ignored Tandokuno's thoughts, and rocked herself against the net, causing to keep it's swaying motion. For now, it was all she could do, aside from trying to prolong his beatings until she could figure something else out. Suppressing the pain in her side, Chishio hissed, "You coward! Release me and allow me to fight with all my fury! This is no noble fight!" Tandokuno seemed to find the thought amusing, and growled a chuckle, watching the swaying net with calculating eyes. "I am no coward. I just don't want to chance being injured. Besides... I'm no nobleman either." A sickly grin crossed the features of the Hollowheart that would send chills down any spine.

Tandokuno
[ 1 || 4 ]

I'm so sick of me
Being sick of you
And the way you look
All the things you do
You drive me crazy
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/22/2012 12:03 AM

Chishio
[ 3 || 10 ]

every last goodbye
Promises you
and I
never walked away,

With every moment that passed, Chishio's rage grew hotter. She threw herself against the net, trying to tear through it with her hands, having to stop as she gripped the wound on her side. It wasn't deep, but it was bleeding. Gritting her teeth, Chishio pulled her coat around the wound, pressing one hand against to stop the blood, and glanced up to the Hollowheart as he swung his tail once more for the swaying net. Chishio had only enough time to brace for impact. She yelled at the force of the hit, Tandokuno's joyous shrieks drowning her voice out. More importantly, it drowned out the sound of the vine that held the net above the ground; it was unrabeling. Unable to hold the weight and the harsh movements of the net, the vine was threatening to snap. "Now, I finally have you! You and your "honor!"" Tandokuno hissed, starting to show his true hatred for Chishio as he prepared to swing again. Chishio merely watched him, holding her side as he tried to catch her breath from the powerful hit she'd just received. "You think you're just so much better than I... Just because you find yourself honorable! Honor! Ha!" With another shriek, Tandokuno whipped his tail at the net once more, only this time, as his tail collided with the net, thus colliding with a battered Chishio, the vine snapped, and the net went flying through the air, with Chishio still inside. Tandokuno seemed just as surprised about it as Chishio was, only Chishio felt the swelling fear inside her as she became weightless for a moment, and then came tumbling back down to the black waters below.

Tandokuno
[ 2 || 5 ]

I'm so sick of me
Being sick of you
And the way you look
All the things you do
You drive me crazy
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/22/2012 11:26 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 3 || 11 ] [ 4 || 17 ]

By now you'd know that I'd come for you
No one but you, yes I'd come for you
But only if you told me to
And I'd fight for you,I'd lie, it's true
Give my life for you
You know I'd always come for you

The sound of Tandokuno's joyous, laughing shrieks were drowned out as the warm, black waters surrounded Chishio. She'd had just enough time to suck in a bit of air before going under, and then it was nothing but deadened silence in the water. Chishio held her breath, as she struggled to break free. She felt herself settle against the bottom of the murky, muddy swamp waters. There was only a few feet of water above her head, but in her struggle, she had lost where the opening of the net was, and had become tangled in its vines. Chishio felt her lungs begin to scream for air. Panic started to creep up the back of her mind. If she couldn't figure a way out, she would surely die, and that thought continued to pound within her head with every heartbeat. Her lungs felt as though they were going to burst, and Tandokuno's taunting words echoed in her mind. "Today... you will die."
Tandokuno chuckled as he returned to his human form, looking at the rippling water where Chishio had fallen in at. The drenching rain certainly seemed fighting for this day, and Tandokuno felt quite accomplished of himself. "Well, that's that, then." Unable to keep the grin off his face, Tandokuno spit in the water, a sign of his hatred for Chishio. "I warned you, Chishio, but you just wouldn't listen. Hehe... Serves you right." After another moment, Tandokuno chuckled, shaking his head with the joy he felt, and called upon the power of his amulet. The good thing of such a power was that he could use any part of the Hollowheart to aid him, and today, it was wings. Emerging through the specifically designed jacket, two wings unfolded out of his back, the pain of his body shifting to accommodate such new appendages no longer a bother to him. And, with a satisfied grunt, the young man leaped into the air, taking flight to the tops of the trees, where he'd left a small sky craft. An airship of sorts.

Chishio knew she was about to die. She'd held off as long as she could on holding her breath. Her body would forcefully make her try to breath in a few more moments, and nothing but sickly, black water would be sucked in. Chishio's struggling was fading quickly, and her mind was starting to fade away out of consciousness. Suddenly, as Chishio began to fade to unconsciousness, her body instinctively sucked in, and water filled her lungs. It was at this moment, that a muffled splash could be heard, though Chishio could not react to it. A moment later, she felt something wrap around her torso - it felt like an arm - and she felt herself being dragged upwards. But unconsciousness due to lack of air was overtaking her for her to fully comprehend what was happening.
The young man, Masurao burst to the surface of the black waters, gasping for air as he pulled Chishio's head above water. She was still entangled in the net, but all Masurao cared about right now was getting her to safety. With one arm wrapped securely around Chishio, Masurao made his way quickly to the muddy banks, pulling the entangled Chishio out of water, allowing her to come to rest a safe distance away. Quickly, Masurao fell to his knees and put his ear up to her chest, praying that her heart was still beating. "C'mon, Chi... Please, don't give up on me."

Tandokuno
[ 2 || 6 ]

I'm so sick of me
Being sick of you
And the way you look
All the things you do
You drive me crazy
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/23/2012 10:14 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 3 || 12 ] [ 4 || 18 ]

Give my life for you

The distinctive sound of a heartbeat resonated through Masurao's head, and he could not help but let out a shaky, relived sigh, though it was short-lived. Was she breathing? Before Masurao even had a chance to check, his thought was answered as Chishio began to cough, she quickly lifting herself to her side as she allowed her lungs to force the foreign water out of her body. Quickly, Masurao glanced around for something to cut the net with and caught sight of the knife Chishio'd dropped. Reaching out, he grabbed it and quickly worked to free Chishio. Masurao could not stop smiling, he was so happy and relieved. “Whew, you had me worried, Chi,” he said as he cut the last of the vine, pulling it off of Chishio. Chishio was still coughing, unable to answer him. To help her, Masurao put his hand on Chishio's back, rubbing gently. He felt her tense slightly at his touch, almost shying away from him, but Chishio remained, chest heaving as she paused to catch her breath. She felt weak and light-headed, but she was alive... thanks to Masurao. Almost as if ashamed, Chishio glanced to Masurao, but could not meet his eyes, and so she looked away again. “I... I should be dead now.” Masurao seemed taken back by this, but his eyes only softened and he smiled reassuringly. “But, you're not. You're alive, and well, and that Tandokuno is gone now.” Chishio fell silent for a moment, looking down at the muddy ground before her. The only sound that could be heard between them for a few moments was the sound of the falling rain. The rain was letting up slightly, but it was still wet and quite damp. After another moment, Chishio said quietly, “Thank you, Masurao...” Masurao responded with a nod of his head, still smiling softly, and said in his warm, friendly voice, “Ah, don't mention it. You'd do the same for me.” After a pause, he added, “Of course, you wouldn't find me coming out to a place like this by myself.” Chishio glanced back at Masurao, unable to hide a smile at his teasing, and he winked in return, grinning. No doubt about it, Masurao could make almost any situation lighter. After a moment, though, Chishio's smile faded and she returned to seriousness. “How did you know I was here?” As Masurao's smile faded slightly, he shrugged his shoulders and replied, “I just know you.” Chishio rolled her eyes lazily and playfully, knowing that it was certainly true. If anyone knew her best it was Masurao.
Slowly, Chishio pushed herself to sitting, Masurao rushing in to help her with his hands, making sure she wouldn't fall back from being light-headed. After a moment, Chishio asked, “How did you get here? I didn't hear you following me...” Before Masurao could answer, a rustling came from the other side of the water, in the thick ferns that had built up. Chishio tensed, ready for another fight with Tandokuno, but Masurao grabbed her shoulder gently and gave her that crafty half-smile, and Chishio knew, already who was coming towards them.
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/24/2012 11:28 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 3 || 13 ] [ 4 || 19 ]

Give my life for you

With a chuckle, Masurao reached out to his companion through his thought-speech. “C'mon, Chisoku. It's safe now.” The head of a Temple Cavallion lifted out of the ferns, looking over to the two. “Well, it's about time!” Masurao couldn't help but smile. “Yeah, yeah, I know. Come on over here. I need my pack. You're gonna have to get your feet wet...” “Oh, great...” Chisoku replied sarcastically as his made his way closer to the bank, hesitating for a moment before stepping into the waters. He was already wet from the rain, so it really didn't matter. Chishio smiled lightly at the two, knowing they were having a conversation beyond her own hearing. She hadn't been blessed with the ability of thought-speech like these two, so her listening to them was extremely limited. The only time she could hear them was when it was directed to her, such as what Tandokuno did, as he could only speak through thought-speech when in Hollowheart form. Chishio was not the same way. She watched absent-mindedly as Chisoku made it to the shore line, shaking himself off. Chishio's mind drifted back to the battle that had just occurred, and her smile faded.
Masurao stood up, patting Chisoku on the neck as he thanked him. “Thanks, Chisoku. I appreciate it. ” Chisoku dipped his head in response, and Masurao pulled his pack off the back of his mount. As he turned to Chishio, he noticed her staring into the black waters, and Masurao's smile faded. He knelt down beside her, placing a hand gently on her shoulder. “Chi... You alright?” Chishio responded slightly to his words, brows raising as she lingered slightly, staring at the water, before moving her gaze to Masurao. With a faint smile, she replied, “I'll be fine.” Masurao, of course, wasn't convinced, but he knew better than to push her. With a nod of his head, he added, “Well, are you hurt? I have a first aid kit in here.” Chishio managed a chuckle and shook her head. “I'm fine, Masurao. Thanks.” Chishio moved to stand up, though she nearly fell back due to her light-headedness. Masurao moved to grab her, but Chishio caught herself and finished standing on her own. She wiped the mud off of her hands on to her jeans and gave a nod in greeting to Chisoku. “Nice to see you again, Chisoku.” The Cavallion nickered in response, touching Chishio with his mind by saying, “Glad to see you alive, Chishio.” Masurao pulled his pack on his shoulder and nodded to the two. “C'mon. It looks like the rain's letting up some. Let's get a tarp put up and get a fire going. We can rest for a little while.” Masurao was careful not to say, "Chishio, you need to rest," as he knew that would only end in her fighting. No doubt about it, Masurao knew Chishio well. Chishio nodded her head in response, picking up the knife she'd found off the ground and wiping the mud off of it.

Chisoku
[ 1 || 1 ]

They blazed a trail I dared to run
They built this world
and I have come
I need another, like a brother

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
my soul it’s bleeding, will you fly
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/25/2012 11:08 PM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 3 || 14 ] [ 5 || 20 ]

Give my life for you

The Temple Cavallion chose to lead the way, tossing his head as he trotted out in front of the pair, taking his place in the lead. Masurao smiled, and offered for Chishio to go ahead, but she refused. Though wanting to keep an eye on her, Masurao did not protest, deciding not to argue with her. He simply shook his head with an amusing smile and walked on, keeping a careful eye on Chishio as she fell in behind. The rain was starting to let up some, coming as a light drizzle now, but Chishio could tell that it was only momentary. Today was nothing but a seriously rainy and dreary day. Chishio could feel the pressure of the air already working on her head, causing a minor headache to set in. She hoped it wasn't the beating she'd taken. Reminded of her wound, she glanced to Masurao, making sure he wasn't looking, and then checked her side. The bleeding had stopped, showing it was just a minor surface wound. It had torn her coat, but she hoped that Masurao wouldn't see. “You alright back there, Chishio?” Glancing up, Chishio pulled her coat back over her wound just as Masurao glanced back, and she nodded her head, giving him a firm smile. “All's good.” She knew that Masurao was worried about her, but Chishio wasn't used to such worry, and preferred others not to worry about her. She could handle herself, most of the time.
How's this?” Chisoku stopped, turning to face the two from between a group of several trees, ears pricking towards them as he waited an answer. They hadn't gone far, obviously, as they were still on one of the many small islands of muddy land in the swamp. Masurao glanced over the area and gave a nod of approval, adding, “Looks good to me.” Chishio nodded in agreement. “Sure does.” When it was confirmed they would stay here for the time being, Masurao took off his pack, and pulled out a tarp with strings attached to four ends of it. “Wanna help me put this up?” He looked to Chishio, not really wanting to ask for her help due to what had happened to her, but finding he couldn't really do it on his own, and Chisoku couldn't exactly tie things. Chishio replied without hesitation. “Of course.” Together, the two tied off each end of the tarp to the trunk of a tree, slanting it downards at one end so that the rain would run off the top. It was high enough at one end for Chisoku to stand under so he wouldn't get soaked. When it was tied off securely, Chishio and Masurao stepped under it, Masurao setting his pack down against one of the trees. “Well, I'm gonna see if I can find some semi-dry stuff to use for a fire. I've got some kindling in my pack, but we'll need wood to keep it going. You two stay here, just in case Tandokuno's still around.” Chishio stepped forward, her usual anger starting to flare. “He better not dare show his face again.” Chisoku stepped under the tarp, tilting his head at Chishio's firm words. “I'll keep an eye out, Masu.” Chisoku directed his thoughts to Masurao so Chishio would not hear, and Masurao responded with his thanks. “Thanks, Chisoku.” “Well, if he does, we can take him, hehe.” Masurao winked playfully, once more trying to lighten the mood, but he could see in Chishio's eyes that she was not amused. Unbroken, Masurao added, “I'll be back. Don't worry.” Chishio watched as Masurao turned and walked out into the swamp, her eyes remaining unchanged. Once more, she was wrought with flashbacks of what had happened, trying to think of every mistake she made and how she could avoid it next time. The soft touch of Chisoku's muzzle against her arm  pulled Chishio out of her trance and she looked at the stud who stood next to her, head outstretched towards her. “You're bleeding.” Chishio felt Chisoku's presence in her mind, and she glanced down, trying to see if he'd seen the blood. “I can smell it, Chishio. You're bleeding.” “I'm fine, Chisoku.” Chishio turned away from him, walking to one of the trees that the tarp was tied to and sat down at the base of it, deliberately keeping her eyes away from Chisoku's. He said nothing further, looking out to where Masurao had disappeared to. As he did, though, his ears pricked to Chishio's voice. “Don't tell Masurao.” At first, Chisoku did not look to her, and he seemed troubled by what she'd said, but after a moment, the stud looked to Chishio and nodded his head once in understanding. He walked to the edge of the tarp and began to pick at some of the ferns.

Chisoku
[ 1 || 2 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 01/26/2012 12:00 AM

Chishio & Masurao
[ 4 || 15 ] [ 5 || 21 ]

Give my life for you

Masurao returned shortly after with a few pieces of wood that weren't soaking wet like they were. The wood would probably take some time to really start burning, but it would be enough to get them dry. He started to get the fire going, only to realize he'd left something very important for it. “Oh no...” Masurao searched through his bag as Chishio looked up, tilting her head in wonder as to what was wrong. “What's wrong?” Masurao shook his head, answering, “I forgot the flint... I can't start the fire without it.” Chishio sighed, shaking her head as she held back a smirk. Masurao was still searching through his pack again as Chishio stood up and walked to the pile of kindle he'd built up. She knelt down without Masurao noticing and picked up a small piece of tinder, holding it between her thumb and the edge of her first finger. In a few moments, it began to smoke, and then a flame formed on it. Chishio cleared her throat to get Masurao's attention, and when he looked up, his pile of kindle was burning, with Chishio standing near to it. Immediately, Masurao connected the dots and couldn't help but laugh. “Man, that's a handy trick!” Chishio grinned and winked, backing a few steps away from the fire as Masurao moved to build it up. In about half an hour, Masurao had a nice fire going at the edge of the tarp, just as the rain started to pick up again.
Chishio sat near the fire, leaned against another tree, staring in the flames, the knife she found in her hands in her lap. Masurao sat nearby with a soaked stick to stoke the fire every now and again. Chisoku stood under the cover of the tarp as well, standing with one leg locked. He appeared to be sleeping. Masurao glanced to Chishio. She hadn't said much since he'd rescued her. Masurao could tell that she was quite distracted within her mind. He was certain that she was thinking of how close she'd come to dying. The thought gripped at Masurao's heart. He didn't know what he would do if she were to die... He wanted Chishio to speak up and talk about what was bothering her, but he had a pretty good feeling how that was going to go. Either way, Masurao was going to try and ask. He placed the stick down within easy reach and moved closer next to Chishio, coming to sit right next to her. Playfully, he nudged her with his elbow, smiling gently. “Hey. Whatcha thinking about?” Chishio glanced to him and smiled absent-mindedly, but returned her gaze to the fire again. She shrugged her shoulders, answering, “Nothing.” Masurao was not convinced, but he wasn't about to just give up. After a moment of silence, he asked, “So, what were you doing out here by yourself anyway?” Chuckling lightly, he added, “I mean, I don't think you'd find me coming out here by myself.” Chishio continued to stare into the flames, though she did smile a little, but it faded quickly. Masurao felt his smile fade as well. Chishio wasn't usually this serious, but he could only imagine what she felt like right now. After a moment of silence, Chishio finally replied with one word. “Hunting.

Chisoku
[ 1 || 3 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel