Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/05/2012 10:38 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 10 || 46 ] [ 4 || 15 ]

He said life's so hard to move in sometimes
When it feels like I'm towin' the line
And no one even cares to ask me why I feel this way

Chishio watched the man as he moved swiftly and quietly to one of the dusty windows by the door, peering outside. He had yet to turn to her, but it gave all the more time for Chishio to try to figure things out. The feeling of uncertainty floated about her, eyes narrowing as they looked the man over, glancing outside the window to try to find the Battleheart that had led her here. She glanced back to him, and then to the empty world outside. No one was there, but him. This man.
In too short of a moment, the man then stood up from his stooped position. He was tall - taller than Masurao, the only male she'd truly come so accustomed to. Then, the man turned, his sharp emerald eyes catching Chishio's icy blue, solid gaze. Chishio studied him as he stood there in silence, almost as if here were letting her study him. The man was fairly solid in build, but lean - almost too lean, as if he hadn't eaten any sort of junk food ever in his life. His clothes were tattered and torn, clearly worn through many things. But, his face caught her attention completely. Framed by messy, ebony-black hair, tipped with bright green strands, his features were younger than she'd expected, but at the same time, mature. Chishio couldn't place it, but she figured it was his facial hair that threw her off. As she raised her eyes to his, the man's emerald eyes lowered from her gaze. He seemed to be hesitant, awkward, and unsure. Chishio felt she was standing in the presence of a young, insecure teenager by the way he was acting. It felt strange.
When she could tell he wasn't going to say anything, Chishio decided to take the Battleheart by the horns. “You didn't tell us you were a shifter,” Chishio stated, figuring that this man was the same Battleheart whom had helped her. The young man glanced at her for but a moment before looking away again. He hesitated, acting as though he wanted to say something but nothing would come. Chishio lowered her eyes from him, feeling slightly awkward herself. It seemed he was having trouble. “I... saw no need to.” His voice quickly brought her eyes back to him. The man lowered his eyes again, turning away from her and returning to the window, peering out cautiously. Still looking out, he said quietly, “We should stay here and stay low for a while... They could still be looking.” Chishio shook her head, determination welling in her eyes, stepping forward as she protested, “I can't. I have to go find Masurao.

* * * * * § * * * * *

A shrill whinny pierced the quiet swamp, echoing with the universal sound of pain. “I'm sorry, Chisoku. I'm not meaning to hurt you.” Chisoku lay sitting up on the soft earth, head tucked so tightly that his chin rested against his chest. Behind him, Masurao was on his knees, medical supplies in his hand as he finished cleaning off Chisoku's bite wound. “It's... It's okay. It must be done.” Masurao could feel Chisoku's pain, though it was much fainter to him than it was to Chisoku. Masurao hated it. Especially having to clean such a sensitive wound of his companion. With a sigh, Masurao gently patted the Cavallion and said, “Well, we're done now. It shouldn't get infected. It'll be sore for a couple of days, but it should be alright soon.” Chisoku snorted softly, his body slowly relaxing from the tense state he'd been in. Masurao glanced at the wound, it glistening with the ointments he'd put on it. Seeing it caused the heated feeling of anger to rise again, but more-so, a feeling of a guilt. With a deep sigh, Masurao packed away his medical kit, muttering quietly to himself, “I should have stopped her.” Chisoku's ears pricked to his words, and the stud glanced back at his companion. “You did stop her, Masurao.” Sighing once more, Masurao replied, “I meant before she got you.” The young man stood up, slinging his pack over his shoulder, clearly berating himself for what had happened. Chisoku tilted his head slightly, eyes narrowing. He was becoming annoyed with this. With an irritated snort, the stud rose to his feet, tossing his black mane as he turned to Masurao. Masurao was busy looking out over the swamp as the stud approached him. “It wasn't your fault,” the stud said sharply. Masurao glanced to the Cavallion but said nothing, shrugging his shoulders as he looked back over the swamp. Chisoku rolled his eyes, nudging Masurao playfully in the shoulder. “Besides, I'm just fine. See?” The stud nickered playfully and reared, pawing the air to show his strength and soundness, flashing his teeth in what could be considered a grin. Masurao looked up to his companion as the stud came down on all fours, a small smile starting to show on Masurao's face. “Ah! There we are! That's the Masurao I know!” Masurao chuckled, shaking his head as he patted his friend's neck. “Thanks, Chisoku.” The stud brayed softly, nudging Masurao in a way to say, "No problem," and then tossed his head once more in the direction they had come from. “C'mon! Let's go find Chi!” Rearing back to his hind legs, Chisoku stood like that for a moment, waiting for Masurao. Masurao really hated to ride Chisoku with his wound, but Chisoku seemed adamant about it as the stud tossed his head, pawing the air with his hooves. With a chuckle, Masurao ran for his friend, replying, “Right behind you!” He leaped onto Chisoku's back, and the stud forced himself completely up on his hind legs, adding playfully, “Literally. Haha!” With a wild nicker, the stud took to a run through the swamp, clearly not slowed down by the happenings of the day.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 10 || 46 ] [ 5 || 22 ]

They blazed a trail I dared to run
They built this world
and I have come
I need another, like a brother

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
my soul it’s bleeding, will you fly
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 796
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/14/2012 9:50 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 10 || 47 ] [ 4 || 16 ]

The young man, once more, appeared to be taken by surprise. It was as if nearly everything she said was something new to him. Something completely foreign that he didn't understand, and Chishio didn't understand him, herself. “I, uh...” The man started, eyes lowering as he tried to think of what to say. But, his thoughts changed as he looked back up to the young woman, protesting almost gently, “But, they could still be there...” The man appeared to be scrambling for thoughts now within himself, adding, “And... it's getting close to dark.” Chishio tilted her head slightly, unable to hide her confusion. She couldn't help but feel slightly interested in this man. Just why did he care? He didn't seem to care earlier when he was prepared to fight. Now, it seemed that he was almost... gentle. Chishio couldn't understand, but she needed to find Masurao. He was her top concern. She was afraid that he had been injured. Or worse...
With a shake of her head, Chishio replied firmly, focusing on the fact that this man was trying to keep her here, “I must go. I thank you for your help, but I will not cower here like you, and ignore my friend.” At her words, the man's eyes seemed to light up like a fire. Standing up straighter, the man asked, “Are you calling me a coward?” Chishio's eyes narrowed at the sharp question, but before she could utter a response, the man added, “It wasn't me who abandoned a so-called 'friend' to fight for himself.” The words struck like a sword to the heart. Chishio's eyes widened at the shock of what the man said. The same man who, before, could not properly speak to her. Then, her blue eyes began to turn to a blazing red as they narrowed with rage, the heat in the room beginning to increase. “I am no coward! And, don't you dare ever call me one! I had no choice but to leave!” The young man stepped back slightly, looking hesitant, but he continued on after a moment. “I saw no reason for you to leave. Now you don't even know where your friend is!” “That's why I must go find him!” Chishio shot back, quickly, her anger beginning to turn to rage. The man seemed to be so confused. “If you care so much for your friend, why did you leave him?” The man's emerald eyes locked onto Chishio's now red eyes, searching deeply for an answer.

* * * * * § * * * * *

Chisoku galloped swiftly over the rough terrain, eyes working quickly to gather tracks on the ground below. He easily picked out the lumbering beasts, such as the green Battleheart and the Hollowheart, but smaller prints, such as Chishio's were more difficult to find. “How are we doing?” Masurao asked, leaning forward slightly as he felt Chisoku start to slow down. Masurao could already tell that the answer wasn't going to be to good. He glanced up to the sky, seeing it start to turn red. The sun would be setting soon. Chiosku slowed to a slow lope, still following the trail as best he could. “I can see all the tracks I don't want to see... Chishio's just don't appear to be easy to find.” Masurao sighed, dismayed at the news. “It's alright, Chisoku. Why don't you slow down and keep steady for a while.” Chisoku tossed his head and snorted in response, slowing down a fast walk, still watching the ground carefully for tracks. Despite Masurao's request, Chisoku appeared to be firmly rooted in the idea of finding Chishio, tonight.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 10 || 47 ] [ 5 || 23 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/20/2012 10:12 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 10 || 48 ] [ 4 || 17 ]

Chishio stood, staring at this man, her rage slowly fading away. Why did he care? She didn't even know this man, and he didn't know her, but why did he care? Was it any of his business? Chishio didn't see it as being his business, but it didn't seem that he was being nosy. It was as if he was truly just trying to understand. As if he truly cared. Slowly, very slowly, Chishio's red eyes faded back to blue, and she sighed, looking down from the man. She felt she had no choice but to speak the truth, mostly because she did not want to look like she had been a coward. “I didn't want to,” Chishio began, speaking quietly yet firmly. “But, those three who came up work for... a very bad person. That person wants me dead, so I had to leave... But, I didn't want to. I just... I had to...” Chishio was unable to bring her eyes up again, turning her back on the man as she struggled to regain herself. She did not want to look weak.
The young man watched in silence, utterly concerned about Chishio's sudden change. He could feel that something was wrong, and hear the sincerity and truth in her voice. The man lowered his eyes, feeling guilty for what he had said. All of this was so confusing. He'd never had anyone in his house before, much less had much of a conversation with anyone either. Struggling to find the right words, the man stepped forward one step, offering quietly, “I'm sorry... I... I didn't know.” After a moment, Chishio sighed softly, turning slowly back to the man as she looked up at him. She knew that she had been wrong first. She should have apologized first. In fact, she should be the only one to apologize for what she started, especially after this complete stranger had helped her, and took her into his home. Chishio glanced outside, seeing the world turning orange with the setting sun. She couldn't believe how quickly time had passed in the day, but she knew that going out in the dark would be a dangerous and deadly attempt, even for her. This man had been right, and, again, she had been wrong, in her own heated mind. “No,” Chishio said softly, her voice just above a whisper. She looked back to the man, continuing, “I'm sorry. You were trying to help me, and I... I started things, as usual.” The man was taken back by this, having not expected it, but at the same time, he was touched that the young woman had apologized. “It's... It's alright,” the young man replied, semi-assuredly. Chishio picked up on how hesitant he was about talking, and the things he said just appeared to be said with such uncertainty. She wondered about this man. There was a lot she didn't know about him, including his own name. After a moment, Chishio stood up straighter, deciding that it was time to be a little less hostile to her savior. “Well, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.” Though she said her thanks, she made no move to smile or show friendly gesture. After all, he still was a stranger, but the man appeared to be treating her the same as well. He nodded his head in understanding to what she said, lowering his eyes from hers once more. He didn't seem to be the type to be so... shy, but Chishio could not judge him. She shouldn't judge him, at all, and she knew that she had to be careful of that. It was clear that he wasn't going to respond, so Chishio continued, stepping forward a step and offering her hand out for a hand shake. “I'm Chishio,” she said, introducing herself finally to the man.
The young man looked at the outstretched hand, hesitating in thought as he mulled over what to do. He'd seen it done many times before, but never done so himself. Slowly, he allowed his hand to move to hers, but stopped short, not entirely sure if he wanted to go through with it. After a moment, he continued his movement forward, meeting his hand with hers, and clasping it as he had seen others do. With her hand in his, the young man appeared to be flustered for a moment, but he regained himself, raising his eyes to look into Chishio's. Finally, he introduced himself. “I am Shiranai. Shiranai Heitai.

* * * * * § * * * * *

Chiiiiiiiiishioooooooo!!!” Masurao's voice rang out over the swamp, becoming lost among the thick trees and ferns. As his voice settled out, both Masurao and Chisoku stood listening intently for an answer. Chisoku's ears pricked forward, listening intently for a response, and hoping to hear one. Nothing but the eerie sound of silence answered. Masurao sighed, leaning gently against his friend in dismay. Chisoku could feel Masurao's dismay, and supported his friend. “It's alright, Masurao. You know Chishio... She's tough. She's fine. I know it.” Masurao forced a smile at Chisoku's words, knowing that he was trying to comfort him, but the smile was fake and his feelings were still the same. Still, Masurao replied, “I know, Chisoku... I know.” Masurao looked up and out at the swamp, hoping to see any sign of Chishio, but unable to see much in the setting sun. “Perhaps we should settle down for the night, hm?” At first, Masurao didn't answer, only continuing to look out at the swamp. He didn't want to quit searching, but he knew that if they did, they would likely only get lost, or, worse, injured. Not to mention, he knew that Chisoku could use some rest after all the weary things that had happened today. Reluctantly, Masurao answered, “Yeah... I guess we should.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 10 || 48 ] [ 5 || 24 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/24/2012 2:26 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 10 || 49 ] [ 4 || 18 ]

Chishio looked into the young man's bright green eyes, finally having a name to his face. Shiranai. She offered no sign of a smile on her features, however. Chishio had far too much on her mind. Shiranai held her hand for a moment more before Chishio finally pulled it away, ending their encounter. Shiranai was slightly dismayed at this. He hadn't had human contact in so long that he did not want this to stop. Surprisingly, it felt good. “Pleasure to meet you, Shiranai,” Chishio said, with no real enthusiasm in her voice. In truth, she was forcing it. Shiranai was broke from his thoughts at her words, and nodded his head in gratitude, lowering his eyes once more. Silence fell between them, Chishio looking at the man while he looked to the floor, or anywhere else but in Chishio's eyes. Chishio glanced outside once more, seeing the darkening sky. Sighing to herself, she prayed silently that Masurao was okay.
Shiranai stood for a moment more, but then shifted his weight, trying to think of something to say. His shifting motion alerted Chishio, pulling her gaze back to him. She noticed how quiet and awkward he seemed. Chishio had a feeling he had had little human interaction for a while. Relucantly, Chishio felt that she would now be in charge of their conversation, should they have any. “Well, I guess I'm stuck here for the night,” Chishio began as she walked over to the window, looking out at the darkening swamp. Shiranai looked up, following her with his eyes as she moved to the window. Searching his mind, he thought of what he should say. “Ah... yes. That would be safest.” He paused for a moment, Chishio nearly glancing back at him with hard eyes, but held herself back. Chishio did not get along with the word 'safe'. “Are... Are you hungry?” In truth, Chishio wasn't all that hungry, but she knew she'd been through much today with very little food. She would need her strength for the coming day. If he had food, she needed to eat a little something. Looking back to the man, Chishio softly nodded her head, her features unchanged. Shiranai watched her for a moment, sensing that something was wrong, but unable to find the right words of how to approach it. Instead, he offered a small smile, nodding his head as he went to the kitchen area of the cabin. “I'll get us together something.
Chishio watched him for a moment before surveying the cabin. The cabin was nothing big or fancy. In fact, the entire inside of the cabin was but one room. There were no walls separating the areas, though it appeared that each of the four corners had some purpose. The front corner, where Shiranai was at now, seemed to be some thrown together kitchen. There was an old wood stove, a wooden bucket beneath some sort of spicket, and a few shelves. In the back corner behind the kitchen, there appeared to be a pile of stuff, as if it was just a collection of things the man had collected. It appeared to be nothing but junk to Chishio. At the opposite corner there was a small, rough-looking bed, with old, messy sheets. And, in the last corner, was but a chair next to a small fire place. All in all, the cabin itself was not well kept, but obvious with signs of life.

* * * * * § * * * * *

Chisoku felt Masurao's dismay in his voice, and the brute snorted, trying not to be affected by it. He knew how close Masurao was to Chishio, and he knew that one of them had to be strong to get them through. Masurao was strong, yes, but Chisoku did not want to risk losing him. “Why don't you find a good tree to climb up?” Masurao tilted his head slightly at the comment, finding it unusual. “A tree? But, you can't climb trees, Chisoku.” The stud snorted, tossing his head as he replied, “I know that. What would a Cavallion be doing in a tree, anyway? Besides, I like staying on the ground where I can eat. You'd be better up in a tree, cause I certainly can't help you set up that tarp.” Chisoku's voice was filled with playful sarcasm, trying to buck Masurao up. Masurao smiled, halfheartedly, chuckling just a little. “Alright, fine.” Masurao made his way to a near tree that appeared easy to climb and began his ascent. Chisoku could tell that Masurao wasn't his usual self, though. Masurao usually argued with Chisoku on these things.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 10 || 49 ] [ 6 || 25 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/26/2012 6:55 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 11 || 50 ] [ 4 || 19 ]

Shiranai brought Chishio a bowl, offering for her to sit, motioning to the floor. There were a few dusty blankets on the floor that appeared to be Shiranai's sitting area. Chishio sat down, crossing her legs to eat. Shiranai sat across from her. As they ate in silence, Chishio kept catching Shiranai's glances. He appeared to be trying to watch her, for whatever reason. Chishio couldn't help but get the feeling that Shiranai was, for lack of a better word, curious about her. Again, Chishio found herself having to lead a conversation, and she finally broke the silence. “So... Do you live here? Y'know, alone?
Shiranai lifted his head to look up at Chishio, taken by surprise. He wasn't used to these things. “Um... well, yeah. I do. I mean, I have. For a long time.” Chishio noted how... broken up his sentences were. Shiranai didn't appear to be very fluent in conversation. “Hm... I can tell,” she said, returning to eating her food. Shiranai lowered his gaze, slightly hurt by the comment. “What... does that mean?” Chishio, sensing the hurt in his voice cringed. “I just meant...” She sighed. Chishio didn't want to make him feel worse. He did offer her a place to stay, after all. After a moment of silence, Chishio looked up, and managed a soft smile. “It just seems that you might be lonely out here, all by yourself. That's all.” Shiranai drew in a breath, letting it out slowly as he let his head drop. Chishio felt as though she were sitting in front of a small child, not a grown man. “I am...” Shiranai said, quietly, looking at the food in his bowl. “I... I have never been around people before. Except, when I was today. I come out and I protect my land. I run people away. Because, they all are bad. All of them... Like that raptor that clawed me. They must leave me alone. And, my swamp. They're all bad...

* * * * * § * * * * *

Are you good up there?” Masurao pulled himself into a crook in the tree that appeared it would do well, if he were to fall asleep. Masurao called down, “Yeah, I'm good.” Chisoku snorted, feeling slightly helpless that he couldn't cheer Masurao up, but he understood. Neither of them knew where Chishio was and it was a gnawing feeling in the pits of their stomachs. But, as the sun began to set, there was little more they could do.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 11 || 50 ] [ 6 || 26 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 04/26/2012 7:10 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 11 || 51 ] [ 5 || 20 ]

Chishio felt her heart sink as Shiranai spoke. In fact, she felt his pain. Her gaze lowered as she thought of her own pain endured by people. There were bad people in the world. Bad people who would rather manipulate others. Chishio thought back on the pain endured on her heart. The heart that had trusted so deeply, only to have to rip it out herself to prevent from losing herself further. She felt her heart aching again, but she had long since grown used to the pain. It would never go away, though. Never. Chishio looked up to the young man, keeping silent for a long moment. But, in a quiet, almost hopeful voice, she said, “Not everyone is bad.” Shiranai looked up to her, but his eyes showed his doubt. He'd seen what people were capable of, and what happened today was more proof of it. He shook his head, unable to hide his doubt. “There may be a few who aren't. But, I haven't know any.” Chishio tilted her head slightly, puzzled. “You mean, you think I'm bad? And my friend?” Her voice was straining on the age of her rage, slightly ticked at the man, but she tried to control, deciding that Shiranai was not used to conversations.

* * * * * § * * * * *

Masurao could hear Chisoku down below, grazing. It was good for Chisoku to gather up his energy. After the day, Masurao knew that Chisoku needed it. Masurao also food, but he was not hungry, and found that he could not even force himself to eat, though he knew he also needed the energy. Masurao was far too worried. The day before, Masurao had managed to save Chishio, just by luck, or fate, or the will of God, whatever it may be. But, now, he had no idea where she was. They were separated, and Masurao was worried for her life. He cared so much for her. He loved her... Masurao stopped at that thought, it striking him deeply. He loved her.
Chishio...

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 11 || 51 ] [ 6 || 27 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/07/2012 10:16 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 11 || 52 ] [ 5 || 21 ]

Shiranai nearly cringed, lowering his worn, wooden spoon. He could sense the tinges of the woman's anger. In fact, he started to feel heat. Not hot, just heat. It was as if the cooling evening air had suddenly become hot, as if someone had lit a flame behind him. But, there was no flame. Shiranai glanced to those hardened eyes. Those eyes... There was so much within them. But, what? Lowering his eyes quickly, Shiranai knew an answer was needed. He struggled to find one. He didn't really think that she was bad. Shiranai was just so accustomed to running everyone off, and everyone he had run off never wanted to leave, usually because they were doing destructive things to his swamp that would bring them fame or money. But, Chishio and her friend had done neither to his knowledge. But, they did bring those demons... Perhaps not intentionally, though. “I... Well, no... Not you, I guess. I... I just don't know.” Shiranai continued to look at his bowl, playing with the food with his spoon as Chishio looked on. Her anger slowly settled. This man had known no good souls. That didn't mean he thought everyone was bad. Chishio couldn't help but feel an internal challenge... A challenge to prove to this man that there were good people. “I'm sure it's hard,” Chishio began as she took another bite of her meal. Shiranai glanced up to her, wonder in his eyes. “Seeing something you love and care for being so disrespected and uncared for by others.” Shiranai looked at her surprised, but there was knowledge in his eyes of this feeling. “Yes... It is,” he agreed quietly, and slowly continued his meal. The two ate on in silence, slightly dampened by their own tortures.

* * * * * § * * * * *

Chisoku looked up in the tree, seeing Masurao's silhouette against the dark red sky. Dismay showed in his eyes as he looked on at his friend, knowing that Masurao's thoughts were heavy. Chisoku would have looked on throughout the night, but he knew the risks far outweighed the chance. Perhaps he was wrong, though. Chisoku lowered his head, moving his body closer to the base of the tree. Then again, he knew Masurao wouldn't have agreed if so.
Masurao sat quietly, slightly stunned in his thinking. He had known all along that he loved her, but there was always something there that hid that. Perhaps it was himself. Masurao didn't want to admit it for the longest time for fear of losing what was so precious to him. But, how close was he know to losing who was so precious to him? Tomorrow? The day after? Or worse, tonight? Masurao didn't know, but he did know that he loved her. “I have to protect her... With whatever comes, I must protect her. I must.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 11 || 52 ] [ 6 || 28 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/24/2012 9:34 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 11 || 53 ] [ 5 || 22 ]

Silence remained throughout their meal, both in their own thoughts. Shiranai kept glancing to Chishio, wondering about her. She appeared so young, yet at the same time, there was so much behind her eyes. Whenever he glanced to her, her eyes were well hidden beneath that fiery hair. Shiranai could not help wondering what was behind those eyes... But, he knew there were walls there that he did not want to dare try to bring down.
Chishio did not lift her gaze as she was finishing her meal, her thoughts on Shiranai and the thing she had said. She was bothered that he was here alone, and that he deemed all the people he'd met to be bad. She didn't blame him. There were few good souls left. At least, that was Chishio's feelings. She set her bowl down, pushing it away, unable to finish the last few bites. Not because she was full - she was famished, rather - but, because of the torturous thoughts. Breaking the silence, Chishio said quickly, “Thank you for the food, Shiranai.” Shiranai looked up, surprised, but noticed that Chishio was not meeting his gaze. Glancing down again, Shiranai looked to her bowl, and then back to her. “Oh, you're welcome... Chishio.” He tried to offer a small smile, but Chishio wasn't noticing, and his features feel back to usual. There was something wrong, and the young man could feel it. But, as usual for him, he had no idea on how to communicate with her, or the right way to ask what was wrong. Before he could, however, Chishio stood up, causing Shiranai to stand up quickly. “I guess I should rest. I'd like to get up early tomorrow to find Masurao.” Chishio glanced around the cabin, wondering exactly where she could sleep.“Oh, yes. Um... Hold on.” Chishio watched as Shiranai bent down, scooping up her bowl and taking them to his kitchen area, setting them in an old bucket, filled partly with water. He moved swiftly back across the room to the corner of the room with the bed. Chishio followed him with her gaze, having to turn to see what he was doing. The man straightened up the bed - or appeared to be straightening the bed... He was moving the sheets and the one pillow at least. Then, he turned to Chishio and stepped away, offering for her to use it. “You can rest here.” Chishio looked surprised, taken back by the gesture. “Uh...” She hesitated. She certainly didn't feel right about running the man out of his own bed. And, for his sake, she certainly hoped he wasn't doing so because she was a girl. But, with what little she knew of him, she figured that it wasn't for that reason. After a moment, Chishio shook her head in response, saying, “I can't stay there, Shiranai. Thank you, but I think I'll just pick a spot on the floor. I'll be fine, really.” Shiranai's features fell, as if he'd been broken. In truth, he hadn't expected that. But, he wasn't about to give up. “But... You need your rest. It's important that you rest. You must find your friend tomorrow,” Shiranai ushered on. Again, Chishio shook her head, though, this time, she offered a small smile. “It's alright, Shiranai. I promise. I'll be fine.” Without waiting for a rebuttal, Chishio slowly dropped herself to the floor, deciding that anywhere would feel the same. She laid back against the hard, wooden floor, resting her hands behind her head for a cushion. She didn't know how much sleep she would be able to get, but any sleep would be good enough. All she could think about now, though, was Masurao, and if he was alright...

* * * * * § * * * * *

Masurao sighed deeply, his heart heavy with fearful thoughts. He couldn't bare the thought of losing Chishio. He simply couldn't, not after almost losing her once. Not ever. His troubled air was unmistakable for Chisoku. Snorting softly, the stud looked up the tree, seeing Masurao's shape in the soft moonlight. “You really must sleep, Masurao...” At first, Masurao didn't answer. He remained silent, his thoughts slowly dissipating away. “I know, Chisoku. I'll try.” “Try hard, okay? But, not too hard... Don't want you to overwork your brain up there. I've only got hooves, y'know? I can't catch you if you fall out.” Chisoku's humor struck Masurao warmly, and he chuckled softly, glad for the nice break of thoughts. “Well, at least break my fall with your head, okay? That thing's hard enough to withstand anything, hehe...” Chisoku whinnied in delight as Masurao chuckled, enjoying their playful jabs at one another.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 11 || 53 ] [ 6 || 29 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/28/2012 10:19 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 11 || 54 ] [ 5 || 23 ]

Still standing, dumstruck, Shiranai did not move as he watched Chishio lower herself to the hard floor. For his first encounter with another longer than a few hectic moments in such a long time, it wasn't going exactly as Shiranai thought it would. Of course, he hadn't expected company to be thrusted upon him. Now, here he was, in such a situation, and he was doing everything wrong. Shiranai sighed to himself. The more he thought about it, the more he began to want to be alone again. At least he knew what to do then. “I am just better off alone...
As Chishio seemed to settle down for herself, Shiranai slowly sank to his bed. He sat for a moment, looking at Chishio, yet all he could truly see was the back of her head. After a long silent moment, the young man pulled himself completely on the bed, curling up as he did every night, and lay there in silence. But, sleep did not come easily.
Chishio lay quietly on the hard floor, looking out of the window into the darkness outside. She didn't know if the stars were out, or if the moon had even risen, for the darkness outside was black, with not a shed of light. There were few things that scared Chishio. She'd been deemed fearless, mostly due to her hot-headed nature that usually led her into trouble. But, there was no such thing as fearless. She never liked to admit it, but she did feel fear. As Chishio looked into the darkness of the night, the only thoughts upon her mind was Masurao and Chisoku, and she was afraid. She didn't know if they had been found by Tandokuno's lackey's, and being chased through the darkness... Or worse. The thought of not knowing if they were alright scared her. Chishio was terrified. “Masurao...

* * * * * § * * * * *

As their laughter died down, the weight of their plight came slowly down, drowning the happiness. Masurao looked to the sky, seeing the stars through the breaks of the trees' leaves. Chisoku nickered softly to his friend, hoping to get a response, but the only sound that came was the deafening sound of silence. Slowly, the stud lowered his head. “If... you would rather go look for her... we can, Masurao.” Masurao's stance did not change, but he forced a small smile. “It's alright, Chisoku. It wouldn't be a wise thing to do. Besides... She's Chishio. She's fine. I know it,” Still forcing a smile, he looked down to Chisoku. “Let's rest, Chisoku. We both need it.” Masurao crossed his arms, to settle down to rest, though he knew sleep wouldn't come easy. Chisoku seemed reluctant, but obeyed, lowering his head and moving closer to the base of the tree. Cocking one leg up and locking his stifle to keep him from falling over, Chisoku settled down for the night as best he could.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 11 || 54 ] [ 7 || 30 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 05/30/2012 9:11 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 12 || 55 ] [ 5 || 24 ]

~*~

Chishio didn't remember falling asleep. The last thing she could recall was laying on the hard floor of Shiranai's cabin, looking out into the darkness and thinking about Masurao and Chisoku. Now, Chishio found herself waking quickly. Her eyes darted around the darkness, and immediately, she could feel something was different. It only took a moment to realize what was so different: instead of the hard, wood floor, there was something soft beneath her head. Quickly, Chishio sat up, looking behind her in the darkness. She could make out the shape of the pillow, and lying over her was a warm blanket. Her mind quickly connected the dots, and Chishio looked up to Shiranai's bed, her eyes shimmering in the darkness. She could make out his form on the bed. It appeared that he was curled up upon his bed, and, from what Chishio could make out in the darkness, there wasn't a single pillow or blanket with him. Chishio stared silently, a bit confused, but at the same time, she had to admit she was also a bit touched. Quickly, she shook her head, refusing to let her guard down again. Chishio stood up, pulling the blanket and pillow with her, and quietly made her way to Shiranai. She could hear his breathing, and it sounded as though he was asleep. Quietly and carefully, she placed the pillow on the bed, near his head, and gently dropped the blanket over his curled up body. For a moment, she watched him, partly to see if he would awaken, but also because she was simply trying to figure him out. She didn't understand. Either way, Chishio couldn't accept such actions. She wouldn't.

Though feigning sleep, Shiranai was no deep sleeper, and most any sound or movement could waken him quickly. Nonetheless, the young man had not been to sleep so far. Upon hearing Chishio stir, he'd feigned sleep for fear of her knowing that he had been watching over her. Having been up most of the night, Shiranai was struggling in his mind to understand Chishio, and figure out just what he should be doing. No answers came to mind. Now, his mind reeled again as he felt Chishio return the pillow he'd so carefully placed for her. Shiranai dared not move, but his thoughts never ceased. “I was wrong again... What am I doing? Why... Why do I have the need to keep trying? Even when she so clearly does not want me to...” He nearly shuddered as he felt the warmth of the blanket surround him. Though Shiranai had the deep feeling that she had only done so because she did not want the blanket nor pillow, there was the underlying feeling of care that struck Shiranai so deeply. It was the first act of kindness - whether deliberate or not - he could recall experiencing, and it warmed his heart.

When Shiranai didn't stir, Chishio silently stepped away, moving carefully across the wooden floor. Occasionally, her foot would waken a board beneath her, causing an eerie creaking, but that remained the only sound in the cabin. Arriving to Shiranai's only chair in the cabin, an old rocking chair, she sat down in it as quietly as she could, though it still made a creak as she leaned back in it. As she sat in the darkness, Chishio looked out the window. She didn't know what time it was, though she was sure it was some time in the very early morning, several hours before the sun would rise. Her thoughts quickly turned to Masurao, praying that he was alright. Chishio hated not knowing. What was worse than that, however, was staying. Having to stay in this cabin until light was a burden upon her. All she wanted was to rush out and find her friend, but she knew it would be dangerous, and likely would only end up with more trouble. She sighed to herself. There seemed to be nothing but trouble for the road ahead.

* * * * * § * * * * *

Masurao! Help!” “Chishio! I'm coming!” I run as hard as I can, but I cannot get to her. The closer I get, the further away she seems. It's as if I can't even move. I realize that my legs are trapped. Sunk into the ground, as if my own ally, the earth, is holding me back, keeping me from her. “Chishio!” I can see the darkness taking her. Swelling around her. Claiming her. She reaches for me, and I reach for her. We're within inches of being able to touch one another. The darkness consumes her, pulling her away. “Chishio, no!” There is no more sound. I can say nothing. Something is choking me. The earth is pulling me down, down... Strangling me. I could not save her... I could not. I hear a laughter. Not a warm one, but a cold, heartless laughter, full of malice, and but one name screams to my mind: Tandokuno. He'll get her before I can save her.

Chishio!!!” Masurao jerked awake, forgetting he was up a tree, and felt himself losing his balance. With a startled gasp, Masurao grabbed a hold of a nearby branch to catch himself, keeping himself from falling to the dark ground below. “Masurao?! Are you alright?” Chisoku's connection quickly registered in Masurao's mind, but he did not answer right away. He sat, trembling, his breaths coming short and quick as he tried to regain himself. “Uh... Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, Chisoku... Sorry about that.” Masurao repositioned himself carefully in the tree, so as not to fall, though he found it a bit difficult with his trembling arms. “You don't sound okay,” Chisoku protested from below, his glowing eyes shining in the darkness. Masurao looked down at his companion, trying to think of something to say to quell his fears. “I'm alright, Chisoku, I promise. I just... had a bad dream, that's all.” The stud tilted his head. “It must have been some nightmare... Are you sure you're alright?” Masurao smiled lightly at his companions' concern. “I'm alright, Chisoku. Let's go back to sleep... We need to be rested.” Masurao fell silent, turning away from Chisoku's gaze and pretended to try to sleep, but sleep was not going to come again. His stomach churned as the nightmare returned to him, and he relived it... Masurao could not escape it's grasp. Though Chisoku could feel the concern, he knew that Masurao did not want to speak of it. The stud snorted softly to himself, and returned to his post to try to rest.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 12 || 55 ] [ 7 || 31 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 06/10/2012 11:13 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 12 || 56 ] [ 6 || 25 ]

~*~

The early traces of morning began to show across the sky as streaks of bright orange began to creep through the thick trees of the swamp. The sky was bringing forth the dawn. To Chishio, this meant only one thing: she must find Masurao. Chishio had not gone back to any deep sleep since waking up during the night. She had dozed off a bit here and there, but was constantly woken by the knowing of dawn approaching. The sight of the sun was enough to give Chishio reason to leave. She could now see, and it meant she needed to get going.
Quietly, Chishio stood up from the rickety chair, trying her best not to make any noise of it, but, that proved to be a helpless feat. It creaked as she lifted herself out of the chair, coming to her feet. She paused, glancing back to where Shiranai had been laying to be sure she hadn't woke him. Sure enough, Shiranai was still there, his position from early virtually unchanged. Chishio cocked an brow. It seemed strange that a person could sleep in one position throughout the night, much less, a curled up position. Nevertheless, it appeared he was still sleeping.
Satisfied, Chishio quietly picked her way across the floor, trying not to step on any boards that looked like they would creak, towards the door. She didn't allow herself to think about how Shiranai would feel, as she knew she'd feel the traces of guilt. But, she had to go search for Masurao, and she feared that Shiranai would only hinder her. As she reached the door, Chishio gently grabbed the wooden handle, slowly pulling the door towards her. The coolness of the night still in the early morning air flooded in to the cabin through the widening gap that she was creating. She would be on her way in but a few short moments.

Shiranai was no fool, despite his lack of time with other beings. Quickly, yet dangerously quiet, Shiranai sat up from his bed, rolling out and landing swiftly yet silently on his feet. His eyes immediately fell on Chishio as she stood, the door nearly half-way opened, unaware he was awake. Shiranai was already hurt by this. “Where are you going?” He asked clearly, his voice almost stressing clear concern. His voice was enough to stop Chishio right where she stood.

Chishio, standing with the door half-opened, winced, realizing that Shiranai had been awake. She didn't move for a moment, staring at the outside world, wanting to detach herself from this place, but she simply could not. Chishio sighed, looking back to Shiranai. “I'm sorry, Shiranai... But, Masurao needs me, and I must go find him. I can't wait any longer. I'm sorry.” With that said, Chishio turned quickly away, rushing out the door in the hopes of breaking whatever connection Shiranai was building with her. Chishio didn't truly want it to be this way, but Masurao came first and foremost, above anyone, especially herself.

* * * * * § * * * * *

The remainder of the night was a sleepless one. Masurao sat up in the tree, having only gotten, at best, an hour or two of sleep. It wasn't the discomfort he felt from the tree - rather, he could have slept up here quite easily, but it was the worry of Chishio, and the fear of having another nightmare that kept him awake. Chisoku found little sleep as well, and was relieved to see the rays of the sun starting to peer across the sky. “Well, would you look at that... It's morning, Masurao. We made it.” Masurao feigned a small smile, looking out across the sky. “Yeah, I guess we did.” His smile quickly faded, Masurao unable to resist thinking what he knew they were both thinking. “I only hope Chishio has made it as well...

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 12 || 56 ] [ 7 || 32 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 06/11/2012 9:42 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 12 || 57 ] [ 6 || 26 ]

Shiranai stood in near shock as to how quickly she had left. He felt his heart sink. Truly, he didn't understand why. But, even his not understanding wasn't enough to hold him back from following. Determination flashed in his eyes as he glanced up to the closed door. With a beast-like growl, Shiranai bolted out the door, leaping down the crooked steps, and onto the earth below. “Wait!” Shiranai cried out, his voice demanding. Chishio, nearly out of the clearing where Shiranai's home resided, spun around to see him, eyes wide in surprise. Slowing to a walk, Shiranai approached Chishio, the determination in his eyes still shining. “I'm coming with you. You'll need my help,” he said as he walked past her, taking the lead. Chishio watched him, at first stunned, and then her eyes dared to light ablaze as they turned red. “Hey! Hold up!” Chishio lunged after the young man, grabbing him by his shoulder and spinning him around to face her. “I never said I needed any help!” The young woman declared, glaring at Shiranai angrily. Her anger wasn't exactly justified, and she knew it this time. This was all still more of a matter of trying to figure this Shiranai out. Chishio just couldn't make an easy fit of him.

Shiranai looked down at Chishio, taken by surprise by her anger, but he was quickly learning that she was quick-tempered. “Please, don't be angry... You need to find your friend, right?” Keeping himself calm and quiet, Shiranai using his best judgement in that it may be better for him to stay calm to keep Chishio calm. As Chishio glared into Shiranai's eyes, she couldn't help but let her anger go. She sighed, lowering her now-blue eyes. “Yes...” Looking back up to Shiranai, she, reluctantly, gave in, “Very well, Shiranai... Lead the way, as you see fit.” Chishio wasn't used to accepting help. She didn't like it, even though she knew that sometimes, it was needed.

* * * * * § * * * * *

Chisoku stepped away from the tree, stretching himself out much like a cat would do after waking. After shaking himself completely to get rid of the dried mud clinging to him, he glanced up the tree to see if Masurao was moving any. Masurao was still sitting in the same spot, looking out through the trees to where the sun was rising. Chisoku tilted his head. “Uh... Masurao? Are you ready to get moving?” No sooner than Chisoku finished the question, Masurao slid from the branch, grabbing his pack off a nearby branch, dropping to his feet on the ground below as he slung on his pack. As he stood up, Masurao shifted to his lucain form, looking back to Chisoku over his shoulder. “Let's get moving.” Chisoku nodded his head in response, and Masurao nodded in return. With an air of urgency, Masurao took to a lope over the slippery terrain, Chisoku following closely behind.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 12 || 57 ] [ 7 || 33 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 07/07/2012 12:00 AM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 12 || 58 ] [ 6 || 27 ]

Shiranai nodded his head once, slowly, acknowledging her allowing him to help her. “Thank you,” he replied gently, glad that she did allow him to help. It felt strange that he was helping someone when for so long he’d pushed everyone away. Shiranai turned to lead the way, the realization that once they found Masurao, he would be alone again weighing heavily on his mind. He would actually miss her company. Despite this, he knew that Chishio wanted more than anything to get to her friend. Shiranai would help her for as long as he could, even if it meant his despair in the end.
As Shiranai began to lead the way through the vicious swamp, Chishio followed, glancing back to the cabin before it disappeared from sight behind the thick undergrowth. Secretly, she was amazed that Shiranai had offered his help to her.

Shiranai was moving swiftly and quietly through the thick swamp, still in his human form. This was the longest he’d spent in his human form outside of the vicinity of his cabin. Mainly, he used his beast form when traversing, in order to keep unwanted visitors out, but for now, he decided to remain in his human form. Chishio still followed, as well in her human form, eyes constantly on the alert for any sign of Masurao. She looked at the shining sun through the breaks of the drooping trees. Chishio guessed that they had been walking for about half an hour. “Where are we going, Shiranai?” She suddenly asked. Shiranai stopped short, taken by surprise at the question. He spun around to face Chishio, with a clearly stunned and confused look, as if struggling to find an answer. “Uh… We’re… supposed to be looking for your friend… Remember..?” Chishio could tell she’d said the question a little too blunt for Shiranai, and had taken him off guard. She had to be careful with what she said and how she said it. Chishio softened. “I know, Shiranai. What I mean is… what’s your plan? Are we going back to where we last saw Masurao, or do you have something else in mind?” Shiranai seemed to be struck with understanding and nodded his head. “Oh, I see. Actually, we’re heading out of the swamp,” he said with an affirmed nod, appearing to be very sure of his answer. Chishio, however, was struck with disbelief. “What?

* * * * * § * * * * *

Thundering hooves flew over the thick, muddy patches of the swamp, tearing up bits of mud and earth within it’s wake. Chisoku was already heaving for breath as he charged onward to keep up with Masurao. Though Chisoku was one of the fastest species in Evelon, this terrain was not his forte, and he could not exercise his top speed here. Masurao, on the other hand, was better suited for this type of terrain, and it was clear that he was not easily tripped up by the snags and roots, likely due to his earth abilities. Chisoku could tell that Masurao was trying to help him as best he could, leaving a type of flattened path for him to follow, but he could also tell that Masurao’s mind was almost completely focused on getting to Chishio. So much so, that Masurao’s mind was blocked from Chisoku’s… “I certainly hope you know what you’re doing Masurao…

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 12 || 58 ] [ 7 || 34 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 07/24/2012 8:43 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 12 || 59 ] [ 6 || 28 ]

Chishio's surprising response halted Shiranai once more. He looked back to her, blinking a few times in a lost, confused gaze. All he could think was, “What did I say wrong this time?” “Uh...” “Why are we leaving the swamp, when we're supposed to be looking for my friend?” Chishio demanded, her eyes threatening to shift to their unnatural red. Shiranai's assuredness quickly seemed to fade under the penetrating glare of the young woman. “I just... I was thinking that maybe your friend would also head out of the swamp... Wouldn't he? Maybe..?” Chishio's gaze did not change, nor did she look away from the young man, suspicion in her eyes. Shiranai glanced down, trying to find an answer that would soothe her. “I just... wouldn't know where else to look. I know this swamp. It's my home. Your friend must realize how difficult it would be to search for you in this swamp. Surely... he would go find help, correct?” He glanced up to her, hoping his logic was making sense. Chishio stood still for a moment, then tilted her head slightly, as if in thought on what he said. His logic was good thinking, but was it what Masurao would do? Chishio knew Masurao. He was very headstrong, especially when it came to protecting someone. However, she also knew that Masurao was not stupid, nor would he do anything blindly. Unlike her, Masurao was calculating. He could weigh the odds, and make a decision based on those odds. Usually, a better decision than just jumping in, fists blazing, as Chishio was so prone to do. So, perhaps Masurao did realize the odds. Chishio's eyes faded. “You may be right, Shiranai,” she forced, her voice a bit softer. Shiranai seemed to be relieved to hear her say that. “...sorry.” The man offered a soft smile, if not a bit forced, trying to show his understanding. “It's alright. I understand that you're very concerned about your friend... He must be someone very special to you.” Chishio's eyes lowered to look at the ground, away from Shiranai. She sighed, murmuring softly, “Yes, he is...

* * * * * § * * * * *

Padded paws, matted with mud, continued to churn over the tough terrain of the swamp. Chisoku's thundering hooves followed, not far behind. Already, a veil of sweat had worked up on the stud. He kept his eyes on Masurao, who had not once looked back. Chisoku could easily tell that Masurao was focused. What his intentions were, however, were still a mystery to the stud. He tried once more to gain Masurao's attention, hoping to break through the wall built between them telepathically. “Masurao! Masu! Answer me!” At first, there was no response. Masurao continued at his unrelenting pace. This seemed very unlike Masurao. “Masurao!” “Yes, Chisoku?” Chisoku felt a wave of relief at Masurao's connection, finally. “Tell me you aren't blindly running through the swamp? Please, tell me you're not doing that.” “No, Chisoku. We'll be out of the swamp shortly. If we don't find Chishio along the way, then we'll be finding some recruits... And fast.” Chisoku leaped over a log as Masurao finished his thought, the stud's mind settled. It appeared that Masurao had things planned out. All Chisoku had to do was trust him.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 12 || 59 ] [ 8 || 35 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel
With me this evening
Rebel_the_Proud
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rebel_the_Proud » 07/25/2012 7:41 PM

Chishio & Shiranai
[ 13 || 60 ] [ 6 || 29 ]

Shiranai was moved, yet again, by her constant sway of emotions. It seemed that there was so much there, but so little that she would actually let go through. Already, the man could tell she was a heavily guarded individual. For what reasons, he did not know, but he would understand. “Come. We must not linger for long... We still don't know where the pursers went.” Chishio's response was immediate. “Then, let's move.” Her eyes seemed to flare as she looked up, urging Shiranai to move forward as she did so herself. Shiranai had little choice but to bend under her gaze. She was determined, alright. No doubt about it. Quickly, he took the lead, dashing through the swamp along the shortest route he knew to come out of its stranglehold. Chishio followed swiftly behind, without fail. Shiranai felt a gnawing feeling at the wonder of what she would be capable of if he failed to reunite her with her friend...

* * * * * § * * * * *

The bright rays of the morning sun grew more intense, and Masurao felt his adrenaline rush him forward, a surge of hope flowing through him. The lucain leaped from the depths of the swamp, his mud-covered body being cast with bright rays of the sun. Masurao slid to a stop, looking both ways around him. The land was beginning to slope upwards now. The trees appeared to just stop momentarily before picking back up with sparse trees that would soon grow thicker to be the Tengel forest. His calculations had been correct. They were out of the swamp. Ears pricked to the sound of Chisoku crashing out of the thick vines of the swamp. He pierced the air with a sharp whinny, gladly protesting, “I will never venture in that place again!” The stud took off in a lope, properly stretching his legs as his kind was supposed to. Masurao allowed him his space, turning quickly to look back at the swamp. Right now, his only focus was Chishio. Remaining calm, the brute scanned the line of trees, hoping to spot Chishio somewhere. “C'mon, Chi... You have to be okay. You just have to...” After a moment more of looking, Masurao decided that it was time to try his best to communicate with her in the only way that she would understand, at the risk of Tandokuno's followers still being around. If she was in earshot, she would hear him... With a collected breath, Masurao lifted his head to the sky and let out a long, loud, lonely howl, intentionally positioning himself so that his voice would reverberate off the trees of the swamp, hopefully carrying it deeper in.

Masurao & Chisoku
[ 13 || 60 ] [ 8 || 36 ]

They built this world
and I have come

For a cryin’ shoulder
This could be the
last time, you will
Stand by my side
I can feel