Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: Give Into Sin [Self. M/E]

Postby Middy » 01/18/2012 10:47 PM

I guess I should return to the shop before daylight hits, I have much work to do before then. So many dolls to make, toys to create... Faust to worry about... he felt disgusted thinking about that demon creeping into his otherwise happy thoughts about his work. Never has he had this issue before. That damned demon! Where did he get off thinking he could make a Ghoul go to his side! And for what? To make a hellish hybrid? He slammed the back of his head against the wall in frustration of course feeling no pain from the impact. He seized his hat and started to return to his shop.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/18/2012 10:51 PM

Day 3

He had returned to London to his own toyshop, the place was quiet and cold. Much more different from Amuse's shop he was in. Alas, he had returned to making toys and seeing customers come and go happily. He was beginning to become bored, and more nervous each day about Faust. Those thoughts of him kept creeping back into his mind.

It was the third day, and the week would soon be over.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/18/2012 10:55 PM

"Excuse me Mr. but is this the custom toy shop?"

Driscoli looked up from his counter to see a young boy looking up at him with money in hand. He had a crooked smile and an eager expression on his face. "Why yes it is little one, what is it that you wanted?"

The boy jumped up and down and ran over to a display case, pointing to a cat statue. "This one, I want this one!"

Driscoli smiled and walked over with the shop key in hand, "This? I will get it out for you." he put the key in the slot and opened the case, pulling out the cat and handing it to the boy, "Here you are, the price is 30."

The boy took it immediately and handed Driscoli the money, "Thanks so much! Oh and Mr.. you have a letter. Driscoli is the name right?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/18/2012 10:59 PM

Driscoli looked back in shock, taking the letter from the child. He looked him over again, something wasn't quite right about him, let alone the letter. He carefully opened up the letter to take a look, but had a bad feeling of what was inside.

Dear Driscoli,

This is Faust. I have been watching you from time to time waiting to hear your decision of what I have offered you. I hope that you decide soon, you are keeping me waiting for too long. Don't worry, not going with this will still guarantee a punishment.. unless you want to see that for yourself.

Lord Faust
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 01/18/2012 11:05 PM

Driscoli crumpled up the paper and tossed it against the wall, "How did he find me!?" he growled and turned to the child, "How did you get this?"

The kid backed away a little and smiled sheepishly, "Because I know the person who wrote it personally is all," he laughed a little knowing this would just make Driscoli a little more angry, "In fact, I am family."

Dris raised a hand to the child who shied away, but then stopped and put his arm down, "Family... I see. Do you know anything about his motives then? Or anything about his relationship towards Midnight?"

The child smiled, "Oh yea I'm family, Dirk, his son. I don't know his exact motives other then him wanting you as a bed buddy. As for him and Midnight, they aren't on good terms right now. I think they are in some kind of competition."

He paused, maybe Amuse was going to help him. Maybe she was telling the truth afterall.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/27/2012 4:45 AM

"Well, so long mister, and good luck dealing with father. Who knows? Maybe I might have another sibling soon!," Dirk threw his head back with laughter waving goodbye to Driscoli before leaving the shop. Dris sighed trying to hold back his anger.

Day 4

The day in the shop had been slow, only two or three customers had come in and only one purchased anything. He felt sad each time someone left empty handed, but that is how buisness was here. He had retreated back to his workshop to continue working on a doll someone had custom ordered. He was trying his best to shove any thoughts of both Faust and Amuse from his mind. These damned emotions... he was happier feeling numb to them. Now here they were, back to torment him... the last time they had bothered him was during the War against Napoleon, when he had lost his crew to those swamps.

Even the wars after that didn't stir up emotions that strongly again... but here he was in that rut once more. He cursed to himself while carving out the Doll's form being just careful enough to make sure the form was immaculate.

Damn them to Hell...
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/27/2012 8:34 PM

Driscoli's mind kept drifting back and forth to the swamp, then Faust, to Amuse, and back to his work. He placed the doll down and frowned, brushing it's face with two fingers and changed his frown to a weak smile "Soon you will be given life, and find a home with a human... it must be easier to be a real doll. Inanimate... never having the ability to think or worry...," he sighed and left his workshop.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 02/27/2012 8:34 PM

He slumped back into the chair behind the counter, looking around the shop at the many dolls and toys he had created with his own two hands. He felt a little jealous of them for once.. he shook his head trying to regain being numb to his emotions once more. He affixed his eyes to the door, waiting for someone to come in and take away his thoughts and bring him back to being a normal shopkeeper.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous