Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Relaxing [open to all]

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 12/02/2007 8:24 PM

ImageImage

Most pets that came through here weren't at all suited for the damp, muggy ground. The thick, humid air made them choke and the mud stuck firmly to their fur, scales, feathers, whatever type of skin they may have. The only ones who actually did have fun here were either young ones who enjoyed getting dirty, or the two amphibious pets that were slicking their wet skin.

One was the blackberry slicky, Bebe, and the other was a kuni, Kipa. They lived in different parts of the pens back home, but they had decided to have a girls' day out. And what better place for a slicky and a kuni then the Baian Swamp. Bebe layed still wile Kipa used her tail to cover the sliky with a coat of muck. "Didn't there used to be two sliky at home?" the kuni asked as she scooped up some water with her tail and sprinkled it on herself. "Yeah." Bebe replied, nodding. "Victor was traded. I just hope he's doing okay." The two continued their idle chitchat, partly hoping someone else would come along.
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/03/2007 8:36 PM

Victor had been wandering for a while, the swampy flooring of the area comfortable under his webbed toes. He stretched leisurely, this was great. Cool, wet air... soft, cold mud under him... he sighed. This was the good life. As he traveled in farther, he felt like he was forgetting something. Why was he out here again? Darn, he was always forgetting things. Suddenly it popped into his head. "Bebe?!" he called. He wondered if he was close to where his old friend was. "Beeeeeeeebeeeeeee!" he called again, trailing it out as the mud squelched under his paws. He dove down into it, he couldn't resist. Covering himself in mud, he ran forward some more, the mud making him feel energetic. "Bebe, you here?" he called again.
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 12/03/2007 9:11 PM

Bebe and Kipa's heads both shot up as a familiar voice called the blackberry slicky. A smile spread over Bebe's slick snout. "Victor! This way!" she called back. She put one of her whiskers to the wet ground and felt slight vibrations. He was pretty close. "Hey, Victor! You remember me too, right?" Kipa added her own two-sense. She had never gone into the caves much, but she had met the male a time or two.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/03/2007 9:39 PM

Victor ran towards the voices, and smiled as he was greeted by his old friends, Kipa and Bebe. "Kipa! Yes, I remember you. Or maybe I'm remembering some other Kuni." he said, and pondered it for a minute. "Nope, I'm pretty sure it's you I'm remembering." he said, and ran over to greet his old friends. "It's been a while. Rena and Marie, my new owners, they've been really nice. They even make me a mud puddle every week, to make me comfortable, and give me lots of pool time." he said, and smiled. "They haven't known where to send me though, they didn't want me to go somewhere and forget to come home. But they knew I would have fun with you guys here." he said. He let his webbed paws sink into the soil and water mixture. "Mmmm, this mud is sooooo cool..." he said, sighing with pleasure as it squelched and squealed under him.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 12/03/2007 10:04 PM

"Isn't it though." Bebe agreed, a pleasent smile on her face. Kipa smiled too and scooped up more water with her tail to pour over Victor. "Your probably getting me mixed up with Flickertail. He's the one that lives with the Hydrolisks." After the water had been emptied, Kipa scooped up a finfull of mud and worked it over her smooth skin. "I hear lots of land pets get lost out here. They aren't built for swamp life, but they should get used to the cool, pleasent feel of the mud." Bebe stated, trying to start up a conversation.

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/04/2007 6:23 PM

Victor nodded in fierce agreement. "Rena told me that I could invite some friends, but the only one's I'd made -an Ursice and a Stargoyle- were disgusted that I asked them to come with me. But how could they blame me?" he said, and let the cool water from Kipa flow over his skin. He sank down into the mud and rolled about, making himself a mudmonster. "Rharr!" he said jokingly, and stuck his paws in front of him, trying to look like the monsters he'd seen in the movies Rena watched. "I'm a mudmonster!" he growled in a happy tone.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 12/05/2007 12:37 AM

Bebe smiled. This was the way they would play back when they were slithy. THe blackberry sliky dove into the mud. "Oh please, someone save me!" she cried playfully, stifling giggles. Kipa puffed out what little chest she had. "I'll save you, Bebe!" she said heroicly. Scooping up a tailfull of water, her eyes flicked deviously and she flung it in the 'mud-monster's' direction. It splashed on Victor's face, washing away a bit of the soft earth. "Aha! I have discovered the beast's weekness!" Bebe poked her head out of the mud and looked at Kipa. "Be careful, Kipa! Mud monsters are known to use the earth for energy!"

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/05/2007 7:03 PM

Victor stiffled a few guaffs of his own, covering his mouth with a small webbed paw. "Rharr! The mudmonster spares no one!" he said, and flicked mud at Kipa as she drenched his face and washed away the cool substance. He quickly dove back into the mud, covering his face again, and ended up pushing a wave of mud at Kipa and Bebe. "Whoops..." he said, then ran through the wave of mud and jumped at Bebe. "Tickle tickle tickle!" he said playfully, and tickled her with his "mustache" and webbed toes.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items