Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

13th Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/03/2015 3:53 PM

So this is what I'm supposed to drink - this rank, foul-smelling liquid. Don't get me wrong, I'll do it, but phew - it smells like something died in it. Hopefully I won't gag as I swallow.

It hasn't stopped raining yet; the cover over the hammock is beginning to sag with the rain it's collecting, so I've run a makeshift series of leaves and boughs to funnel the water into my cantine. Hopefully it will overflow - that was a joke; I've washed out some large pitcher plants and I'm using them to replace the cantine; plenty of water to wash the challenge down. Iilanthys out.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

14th Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/03/2015 3:56 PM

Ten hours left; I've set my target at drinking the urine with eight hours to go. That means in two hours time; at least I've got everything ready. I can hear the local wildlife on the move, but everything's muffled by the constant sound of the rain. It is somewhat soothing, though I'm staying on my guard - even in the raised treetops, it's not entirely safe here. I shall try to rest and prepare, however - I don't know how I'm going to react to this. Iilanthys out.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

16th Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/03/2015 4:01 PM

Damn; I miscalculated; I must drink that vile liquid now. It smells worse than the decaying corpse of a battleheart. Oh well; here goes nothing - bottoms up! *gagging noises*. Oh god, that's beyond description; Zu'Hai help me. I've had to chase it down with the whole cantine, and I'm still unable to get rid of the taste. I refuse to do this vile deed again. Iilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

17th Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 04/03/2015 4:05 PM

I don't feel at all well. My temperature feels raised noticeably. I have alternated between periods of acute nausea and actual vomiting for the last hour. I have nothing left in my stomach; all I am now bringing up is bile. This challenge was inadviseable. Iilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

18th Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2016 1:22 AM

It feels like the world is spinning constantly, like being sucked into a plughole. I have a fever, and keep drifting in and out of consciousness. I have taken some all-purpose antitoxin, but it was a struggle - my hands keep shaking, and I could hardly hold the needle still. Thank heavens I packed the first aid kit; it was luck I found the vein at all. I shall try to stay awake this time - we'll see how it goes. Iilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

19th Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2016 1:55 AM

I'm flashing in and out of consciousness - one moment I'm awake, the next I'm waking up again. I keep blacking out without realising. If I hadn't had the timer set I may not have made this report. Sweating and chills keep alternating through me, and I feel so thirsty. If I make it through this, I am never taking another consumable task again. Iilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

20th Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2016 2:01 AM

The blackouts appear to be happening less often. I am still coated with sweat, and the air feels heavy and cloying. I am trying to drink little and often, but the taste of the water makes me retch. My body appears to be in a state of shock, and my hands are still shaking. Four hours left to go and I can leave. Iilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

21st Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2016 2:05 AM

Three hours left - I hope they pass quickly. My fever is not spiking at the moment, but I feel like I've been run through the grinder with the way my body aches. This is easily the most taxing challenge I have faced. Perhaps I should have done more research into my task before beginning. I am more than half-way through my remaining water, and yet I feel like I haven't had a sip; I shall have to try to regulate it more lest I run out. Iilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

22nd Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2016 2:09 AM

The beginnings of dawn; I can hear the dawn wildlife awakening with me this time, and it seems to be getting lighter. My fever is stable if rather high, and the shakes and shivers have lessened in intensity. I have yet to try to stand, as my legs feel like jelly, but I shall need to begin my preparations to leave soon. I shall be seeing a doctor as soon as I am back within civilisation; no doubt I will be told off for my reckless behaviour. I think a break from challenges may also be a suitable idea. Iilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

23rd Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2016 2:17 AM

I know that it's my last hour here, but somehow it feels like the longest one. I am halfway through my packing - the fever has left me weak, and though my campsite is mostly small I keep having to sit down to avoid blacking out. I am still shaking, though less intensely than before. I have used the last of my antitoxin, and must now wait for the doctor to treat me. I hope my collection is on time; with how weak I feel, I do not think I can last much longer without medical attention. Iilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

24th Hour

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 02/18/2016 2:20 AM

At last, the sun has risen, and my pickup will be arriving shortly. I am still feeling the aftereffects - my fever is still present, but less intense. At least I can go to a hospital now; hopefully there won't be any long-term effects. Thank heavens that I can leave this all behind me. I will never take a challenge like this again. Iilanthys out.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous