Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

From The Woods. [Self]

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:13 AM

"This isn't funny, Charles. I don't know what you think you're playing at, but dragging me into the middle of a bloody swamp is not the way to get on my good side." The woman who was currently traipsing through the mud in knee-high wellingtons was Sasha Johansen and she was not in a pleasant mood. The swamp itself was filled with bugs and the silt was doing its best to stick to her shoes and pull them off her feet. This was the third time she'd almost lost her right boot, and it was wearing her patience down.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Re: From The Woods. [Self]

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:17 AM

Up ahead, Charles Dransfield seemed to be having no such troubles. The fact that his own wellies were miraculously spotless wasn't improving Sasha's day, the humidity had destroyed her curls and she was sure that her make-up had run. It wasn't that she wasn't used to hard work, but she liked to face it on her own terms. Preferably with a drink in one hand and a kitchen knife in the other.

"You have a good side? I didn't know."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:20 AM

"Honestly, Dransfield, I have officially had enough of this. Where are we going and why on earth do I have to be going there?" Her tone of voice was edging on dangerous. Which for someone like Sasha, who is exceptionally dangerous no matter the tone of voice, made her very threatening indeed.

Charles was wise to stop for a moment and face her, even if this did cause him to sink several inches lower into the filth of the swamp.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:25 AM

They were both demons, it was an odd fact really. Sasha was definitely the type, she held that fake, unattainable beauty that seemed to be beautiful on the covers of magazines but up close didn't seem to look nearly as good. It was too fake.

Charles on the other hand was a man of average height with dark hair and very dark eyes. There was... something very lawyer-ish about him. If you were going to give him a profession, that's what it would be. All he was missing was the fancy shoes and the tie-clip.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:28 AM

"Long story, Lady Bee." So, he'd switched to using proper names now. It was just as well.

Demons tended to have many names, it tended to make things easier. Naturally, it would be odd to call your business partner by the name of an archaic demon, so the names of the people they were possessing worked just as well.

"Lord." She corrected automatically. "Gender is irrelevant. It's always lord."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:30 AM

"Sorry, it's been awhile since we've spoke."

"We spoke yesterday."

"I meant properly."

"Charles, you're sinking."

The demon sighed, and tried and reached over to grab a tree branch, hoping that he could pull himself out of the sludge. It came away in his hands.

"Still sinking."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:34 AM

"Could you lend a hand, please?"

"Is this about Angus?"

"What? I'm asking you to help me not sink into the swamp and drown."

"Suffocate. You couldn't drown in this."

"Details. Now, if you would be so kind."

Sasha took several steps towards him and reached out her hand. There was a slight pop as one of Charles' feet came loose from his wellington boot. Balancing on one leg, he then pulled it from the mud before the swamp could try and claim it.
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:36 AM

"Are you quite finished?" Sasha asked after a moment.

"Quite." He replied scathingly. The swamp had been a bad decision.

"You know what you're problem is?"

"I don't know, what is my problem?"

"You're too much like the old geezers down stairs. It wouldn't surprise me if you kept bats for a living, you've got to modernize."

"I'm perfectly modern."

"You brought me all the way here to have a conversation in the middle of a swamp. That is not modern thinking."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:41 AM

"I did not-!"

"-You did, and don't even start to deny it. You brought me to a swamp because you're terrified of being overheard. If you didn't want to be overheard, we could have gone to the Dead Coast. There's never any guides in The Dead Coast."

"There's never any guides here."

"Ah, that's where you've made a big mistake. There's a very good reason why there isn't any guides here, it's a swamp, with alligators and snakes and goodness knows what. Whereas, there's no Guides by the Dead Coast because it's boring. The alligators I can cope with, but I would choose boring over mosquito most days."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:44 AM

"Fine. Last summer you, Angus Bird, three Guides, a Pigeon and a cat called Borrage tried to unsuccessfully rid the world of the spirit of an empath which was, if I'm correct, haunting Angus?"

"It killed Angus."

"He's not dead."

"Not anymore he's not."

"... What?"
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:47 AM

"He died, ended up in the first Veil dimension and managed to escape with the help of three spirits from the Veil."

"And you didn't think informing the people downstairs was a good idea?"

"I already gave them the information about the Guides I was... temporarily working with. That was enough."

"Do you really believe that we weren't going to take more of an interest in this?"

"... Yes, actually."
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:50 AM

"We do not associate with Guides, in any form. That much has been clear since just about the beginning of time and yet, the minute Angus Bird gets involved with something and drags you along with it you manage to befriend not one, but three of them."

"Angus is my best friend and you are to leave him out of this unless you want your visit to be cut short."

"Is that a threat? I'm offended, I thought we were friends."

"Shut up, Dransfield, all you ever do is talk crap. Of course it's a threat."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:52 AM

"You're in trouble. I'm just trying to get you out of it, I'm trying to help."

"Oh? Really? And what has caused this sudden generosity?"

"We've known each other for a very long time. It's a favour."

"No. It's not a favour, I've known you for a long time, which of course means that I know you quite well. What do you want from me?"
Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Mousen » 07/05/2012 9:54 AM

"... Information."

"What about?"

"The Veil, I want to talk to Angus."

"The last time you talked to him you tried to kill him, if I recall."

"That was a very long time ago. And he did cheat, we were playing poker and I saw him cheat. So, really-"

"Fine. But next time when asking for favours, don't drag me out into a swamp. Seriously, it's just not worth it."

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate