Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Swamp Queen {P, Me/Shadow}

Postby kabuto_rocks » 07/24/2012 3:22 PM

There was a lot of mud here.

Other Paragon might have hated that fact. Certainly those with wings would have found it unpleasant at best, downright perilous at worst. But Kainda loved it. Granted, mud didn't help much with keeping quiet, but on the whole she found it helped her abilities as a hunter rather than hindered them. For starters it could be used as camouflage, a nice way of covering the bright orange of her tail. It also meant her prey was louder, and since she was generally more experienced than they were at keeping quiet, it worked in her favour. Finally, she just plain liked mud. Perhaps it was something to do with her tail-she lived in dense jungles by nature, but a part of her still felt drawn to the water. Whatever it was, the mud had put her in a very good mood that day. Kainda in a good mood was dangerous. She sometimes dropped her guard, not enough to become clumsy but enough that she lost some of her hunting ability. She would have to tread carefully today

{1/5, 1}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Re: Swamp Queen {P, Me/Shadow}

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/24/2012 6:40 PM

Raya
(anthro form)

Vex

"alright. alright maybe this was not such a great idea" Raya hissed,  
Her long insectoid legs actually having not so much trouble with the mud she was currently wading through.
"but it is sometging new. and we thought we agreed that new is exactly what we both need right now.
right?" The Yonyuu just stared at her with something that was pretty close to hatred. while she was just stalking through the mud, Vex got stuck every so often, and was pretty much almost belly deep in the sticky substance.he growled unhappily. She did offer him to carry him, but he refused to take that offer. he might be grounded, but he could still crawl through this hellhole of a place himself. right?
all of the suddent, Vex stopped short, his ears perking up. Raya threw him a look through her black eyes, that
was first annoyed, then concerned. "what? what is it?" Vex sniffed the air. he could not smell anything over the swamp, but he was almost certain that he heard something... . His ears rotated frantically, before he lay them flat on his head and whined uneasily. Raya stepped a little further into the muck, carefully and silently drawing her hunting knife. when she could not find anything,but also heard something. not sure if she was just irritated by the natural noises of the swamp, she took a quite big chance and half loudly said "hello? anyone here?" her wings twitching nervously
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 07/25/2012 6:40 AM

Snifiing the air, Kainda began to slowly wade through the mud. She could smell something-probably nothing more than berries but she hadn't eaten for a while and she didn't want her stomach to growl and scare off potential prey. Like most Paragon she preferred meat but she was used to adapting. You had to, out in the wild. She had taken no more than a few steps when she caught the whiff of something else.

Jerking her head round, she tilted it and listened carefully. Being blind did have some advantages-her hearing was impeccable. As a result she had already heard the pair before they spoke louder.
"Yes. I'm here." She called out, vaguely amused by the question. Were they hunters? Lost tourists? Either way she was looking forward to meeting them. Taking another sniff, she started to follow the scent

{2/5, 2}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 07/28/2012 5:25 PM

Spinning her head towards the voice, Raya took a small frantic sideways step, almost slipping away with one leg.
her big eyes scanned the area arround her, trying to make out a form in all the greens and browns, which seemed to blur into one giant wall of leaves and muck in the distance. After a second look and believing to hear something, she spotted Kainda not too terribly far away from them. no wonder she had her troubles spotting her. the color sheme was perfect for the paragon to hide.
Vex ducked, bared his teeth and growled lowly, sounding surprisingly ferocious for such a small fox-like animal.
Raya threw him a angry look, hissing sharply to make him stop. She was rather sure that it was the paragon who answered them, giving the direction. and if it was. then it most likely would not try to eat them, since it spoke to them first, giving away any element of surprise. however, she could not be 100% positive. and so, she
said in a stern, but not too sharp voice. "hold it right there..." she tilted her head, unsure on how to react.
Vex had reduced his growling to a minimum, but also made his way towards his partner, keeping close to her.
"Who are you?" the Anthro insect asked, scanning the Paragon from head to tail curiously.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 08/01/2012 6:25 PM

She heard the slip first, and then the growl. That made her think twice. She was never nervous about fighting but that didn't mean she wanted to enter a fight right now. The hissing was more interesting and reassured her a bit-it didn't seem to be aimed at her after all.

She stopped completely when the voice told her to. If she could have raised her arms in mock surrender then she would have done so. Instead she adopted a half smile and lowered her head just a little, so as to appear non-threatening. While she could not see them looking at her, she could practically feel the gaze. She was guessing there were two of them judging by the differing sounds and the way they walked.

"My name is Kainda. I was hunting here when I heard you call out." She spoke with a friendly tone, tail sloshing through the mud as she did so. It may have looked like a harmless gesture but she was actually checking to make sure she could get away if need be. She still didn't like the sound of that growling

{3/5, 3}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 08/28/2012 11:31 AM

(gosh so sorry, a lot of stress going on. but now, I'l be back^^that is if you still want to play :/)

after a few more seconds, Raya carefully put her hunting knife away again, her posture getting a little more relaxed, but still, she was alert. Tho the Paragon was blind, as she could now see, and seemed to not mean any harm, it was still her nature to be carefull. however, Vex was seriously getting on her nerves. she shot him a shap, stern look, whispering "stop it, will you?" Vex snarled one last time, before falling silent and pressing his body against her leg, laying his ears on his head. He did not like this.

"I'm sorry for this...behavior" she now said to Kainda directly. "He's just a scaredy cat.
My name is Raya, and my partner here is Vex. we are...uhm. searching for something"
she paused, before, adding in a a little too casual tone. "so uhm...hunting huh? do you live arround here?"
she was always bad in hiding her intentions in conversation, obviously, she wanted to find out if Kainda could help them out on their search.

(ehh...sorry for the bad post :()

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate