Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Postby SpringsSong » 01/28/2008 12:01 PM

"I fear that as well." Tasera sighed, looking around the swamplands.  She sighed again after a minute, leaning against Xryen and pressing her muzzle into his fur.  "Celestial and Ringed... Ancient and Shadebane... Markings that condemn a Lucain to a fate without love..." She said, looking at her Ancient and Dingo markings; almost a clone of her father save for her lighter Dingo and purple Ancient.  "Then again... there are those that are lucky..." She said.

{97}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/28/2008 12:06 PM

Xyren began slowly walking away along, taking care as to where he stepped. He figured she'd follow without him telling her to, so there was no need to announce it. "Everyone can find someone if they search far enough. That other someone way be from a different species and thus they can't breed together, but at least they can be happy with one another." He couldn't help but thing of Tzal... He was the son of Quantum and Kyuukai, and was ablsolutely drop dead beautiful to trainers and many other creatures. Still... he was happy spending his days with a little kuhna that couldn't even see the beauty of the one that was caring for her. How ironic...
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/14/2008 8:07 PM

"This is very true." Tasera said as she followed after Xy, also taking care of where she placed her paws.  "I have a little great-niece that is hoping to find someone... and she is flat-out rejecting Lucain as mates.  She fears that her father's blood--her God of Chaos father, I mean--will conflict with such a relationship." She shrugged as she walked on, ignoring a faint twinkling in the back of her vision.

{98}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/16/2008 10:20 PM

He had no clue where they were going, but he continued to walk. Better then standing around and sticking in the mud. "That does sound like it would be a bit of a conflict. I hope she finds someone that will accept her for who she is." His powers for once weren't bothering him in the least, and he seemed completely relaxed as he walked through the swamp with his mate.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/17/2008 6:46 PM

"I, too, hope that it won't cause conflicts for her..." Tasera said, and in an instant, her vision clouded over.  She saw, for a moment, Yereitia running away from something with a slight limp in her step... but whatever it was, it was overtaking her.  Then, she saw Marrim sitting in the swamp not all that far away, wrestling with something that only the D'ni could see.  She let out a gasp as she stopped in her tracks.

{99}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/17/2008 7:06 PM

Xyren stopped as well and looked back at her. "What's wrong Tas?" he asked softly, padding over to her. Yes, he know of her visions now, but he still wasn't always sure that that was what had happened. It was always possibly that she had gotten hurt while walking.

The swamps truly were a dangerous thing, that they were. Many things could roam about unseen, their coloration blending in to well with their surroundings. Laruse lived within these swamps for many years, and knew them like the back of his paw. He often set traps about to catch different sorts of creatures. Their pelts.. he had a thing for interesting pelts.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/18/2008 6:46 PM

Tasera's eyes were still closed when she replied.  "Our daughter is in grave danger.  She denies the fact that she has the blood she has.  Because of that, the spirits of the Bahro--the people she used to represent, people that were mistreated by those better off--are being hard on her to get their voices heard.  She is also... in the company of a son of a thief known as Nezan... and he threatens to become violent." She said, her voice tainted with worry.  She could sense something else in the swamps now, and it wasn't helping her condition...

{100}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/19/2008 6:44 PM

Nezan... Xyren's ears lowered. He wasn't worthy of being called such, and Xy could say that much as he did live in the same house. But his children... He didn't knew too much about them. "Would you like for me to go take care of him?" he asked softly, brushing against her.

He watched them from a distance, a smile spread across his maw. Interesting, that they were. The male... He had never seen a pelt that shone like his.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/21/2008 12:01 PM

Tasera thought for a moment.  She wanted to go protect her daughter, yet something in her mind hinted that Marrim would be fine, eventually.  She let out a shaky breath as she said, "If you go, I shall go as well." Her ears were perked, trying to detect if anyone was following or listening to them.  If there was anyone was following them, then there would be issues.  She hoped the horrible feeling growing in her stomach was wrong...

{101}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/25/2008 9:11 PM

He worried that it would possibly put Tasera into danger as well, but he couldn't just sit by while he knew his daughter was in trouble. The half nobody and half demon lucain nodded and bounded off in the direction that Marrim had gone in. Her scent was faint due to the swampy waters, but he could still pick up on it. Oddly enough, he didn't get far though. A yelp sounded from the male lucain as metal met flesh. A bear trap had snapped around his front leg, tearing into flesh and bone.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/26/2008 11:58 AM

"XY!" Tasera shrieked, her vision filled with snapping bone fragments as she ran to her mate's side.  A trap.  "What on Evelon?" She wondered aloud, looking around.  "Something doesn't feel right..." She said as she walked around a little.  She knew that, if Xy could even talk through the pain, he would tell her to get out of there while she still could.  She wasn't going to by a long shot, though.  Even if her daughter seemed to be in danger, she wasn't going to leave her mate in some trap.  When she walked a little farther away from there, she let out her own startled yelp as she, too, stepped right into an identical trap to the one Xy was in.  She fell over onto her side, whimpering in pain.

{102}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/26/2008 3:01 PM

From being in pain, he began to lose control over his powers. A purple aura spread around his body, his eyes gleaming. He was trashing around like a crazed animal, trying to get free. This all ended though when he heard the cry from the female. He stood lifeless for a split second before lunging forward, trying to bound over to her. There were more snaps. More traps.. Most he got away with, yet others met flesh. He was rather bloodied, but he had managed to free his leg and get over to her. "Stay still..."his words slid softly from his lips. Seconds later his fangs came down on the trap, trying to find a weak spot in it to break it.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/26/2008 6:06 PM

Tasera still gave a whimper of pain as Xyren tried to find the weak spot in the trap.  When he finally did and she got her paw free, she rose her head slightly.  "What.... on Evelon... was that?!" She asked between pained gasps, looking down at her paw.  The part where the trap had hit her was now at a rather odd angle.  Oh great.  The trap had gone right through her bone, and it was bleeding like crazy.  "Who would set traps in Baian...?" She asked.

{103}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 02/29/2008 12:52 AM

His fangs clashed down on the metal and finally part of it shattered. He spit it out and slowly moved to nuzzle against her softly, as if to show that he was trying to take things under control now. Xyren looked like a bloody mess, and yet he still stood as though it were nothing. "I'm not sure who would do such a thing... But if there are some I'm sure there are bound to be more. We need to keep moving before we find ourselves unable to go."

Interesting... They had managed to get out of those traps. How had the male freed himself from the others without killing himself? Seemed like these two were worth watching for a bit.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/29/2008 12:56 PM

"Yes... We should leave..." Tasera managed to say, even though she could not make any moves to get up.  Who could with a leg broken?  "I... just might be a little on the slow side... Can't... really... walk like this..." She said, looking around.  THAT could be an issue.

{104}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext