Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Postby Kyrit » 03/01/2008 3:32 PM

He lightly nuzzled his maw against her shoulder. "I know it hurts love... But if you walk with your other three legs and don't put pressure on the broken one it won't be as bad." Xyren tried to push her a bit to help her to her feet. The bones in his front leg were broken, but he seemed to be able to handle the pain a lot better then she could since he was still standing. "We can not stay here. It's probably only a matter of minutes before the one that set these traps gets here."

Minutes... Oh he was already on his way. He was just taking his time though, allowing them to get worn out.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/01/2008 3:43 PM

Tasera gave a weak moan as she stood to her feet, keeping her left front leg up off of the ground.  "I... I shall try my best..." She said.  She wanted to get out of there before the person--or pet--that had set the traps got there, but she knew that, with their predicament, their chances were very, very slim.  Her ears perked slightly as she looked around.  "Did... did you hear that?" She asked as she heard a slight rustle in the bushes.

{105}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 03/01/2008 6:26 PM

Xyren had begun to walk, allowing her to lean against him if she so wished for supporting her left side. His ears gave a small flick, listening to the sounds around them. Yes.. It seemed as though they were possibly too late. Whatever had set the traps was now here obviously.

"Going somewhere..?" the bulky feline's voice rolled out as he stepped out into sight. "Doesn't look like you're going to be getting anywhere. Not with the traps that are set up around here." His tails flicked back and forth behind him, the blades swishing about. He heard a growl from the male lucain and couldn't help but just laugh.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/01/2008 6:34 PM

Tasera's ears flattened with more than a hint of annoyance and fear.  She let out her own growl as she looked at the Khimera.  "What on Evelon?" She growled, moving closer to her mate.  This was all so not going right... not at all.  "Since when do trappers place themselves in Baian?  I always thought that they'd be partial to Roraldi, Wilt'no, Tengel... but not Baian..." She said.

{106}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 03/05/2008 8:39 PM

"Oh I've been here for years." he spoke out smugly, grinning. "I've been learning the lay of the land for quite some time now. After paying attention to so many details I've been able to put traps in more effective places." The Khimera was now circling them, keeping an eye on their every move. With every step he took he saw that the male lucain took a step as well, keeping himself well between the feline and the female lucain. Oh how much fun this would be.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/13/2008 7:06 PM

A growl came from the female Lucain.  "Any why are you out here, of all places?  What meager swamp-life could possibly interest any trappers?" She asked, limping slightly.  "And what on earth would you want with Lucain?" She ventured so far as to ask.  It was a decidedly good thing that Marrim was not present; there was no telling what the girl would do.

{107}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 03/18/2008 6:55 PM

( *Pokes dead muse* You should be alive. It's Spring Break. T^T )

The Khimera let out a chuckle. What could be out here? Well they were out here, weren't they? And every lucain was different in looks, so weren't their pelts worth looking for? "You'd be surprised at the things you find within a swamp sometimes. Quite the treasures really."

Xyren was tired of this circling the feline was doing. Tired of waiting for him to attack. He lept forward, fangs lashing out at the Khimera. Fangs hit metal, ringing through the air. Within seconds it was hard to even see the two of them, jumping back and forth in a bloody struggle.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 03/27/2008 7:29 PM

Tasera's eyes widened as Xy jumped in at the Khimera.  If it weren't for her broken leg, she would jump in there and help.  Two against one always seemed to work in the favor of the two-person side, right?  At that moment, a vision took her.  She saw another place deep within the swamps that was heavy with the scent of many different pelts.  Among those scents were her own and Xy's, except their pelts could not be seen in the piles around the place.  However, there were cages... ah, yes; cages.  And then there was another thing that she didn't like the look of at all.

{108}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 03/31/2008 10:08 PM

The two bodies came to a halt, both a few yards apart now. Xyren was covered in blood, even his eyes seemed red. And yet... The Khimera only had a few wounds. His foreleg on the left side was slashed open, and he also had a gash going down his side. Other then these there were only small cuts. Xyren though... The poor guy looked like he had been through a butcher shop or something. Wounds were spread all over his body, and yet he stood there growling, lips curled up, like he felt no pain. The demon side of him had taken over. Pushed away the pain and turned him into a monster that wouldn't stop until it fell for sure.

That fall didn't take long though. The Khimera rushed forward once again, and this time the lucain wasn't able to move aside quick enough. His fangs came down on the back of Xy's neck, and after thrashing after for a bit his body fell limp. Dropping his body, Laruse turned to Tasera with a devilish grin. "going to come peacefully? Or will you fall like him?"
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/01/2008 12:41 PM

A piercing scream came from Tasera's maw as she saw Xy fall.  Her eyes burned with a fire, and the Lucain femme, despite the pain in her leg, leapt at Laruse, fangs barred.  "I'll go peacefully over my dead body, you monster." She hissed, some strange part of her taking over.  She didn't care about the pain anymore; Tasera, daughter of Sehtor and Tali?±a, was gone, replaced with Tasera, the Seer of D'ni.

The Lucain hissed as she spoke again, slashing at the Khimera as she tried to ignore the vision that she saw now.  She saw two helpless forms on a table, one with her eyes wide open and the other, laying limp.  The words that the vision hissed were the words that she hissed as well:

"I will make you pay for harming my mate."

{109}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/09/2008 4:40 PM

(This has been waiting for a reply for forever. XD )
Laruse grinned, hearing her words. His padded feet left the ground, leaping over to the side and bounding off a tree so that he landed behind her, while she struck at where he had been before. These swamps were his home. He knew where every trap had been placed, and knew execptly the best ways to escape certain attacks.

His golden eyes flicked back to watched the female lucain, fighting even though she was already injured. Suddenly he gave a flick of his tails, causing their blades to crash into a tree, slicing through it with easy and causing it to come crashing down toward her. "Timber." he spoke, his words smug and a smirk clear on his maw.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 05/16/2008 12:08 PM

Any adrenaline that had been powering Tasera when the Seer took over her body suddenly deserted her when her target moved out of the way and she heard the sound of metal slashing wood.  She was able to whirl around fast enough to see the tree...

...but she could not move fast enough to escape it.

A piercing howl cut through the foliage of the swamps when the tree landed on Tasera's paw.  Her entire body was weakened, but something willed her to hang as she spat, "You vile monster..." before passing out.

{110}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous