Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Wanderlust Strikes [P; ask to join]

Postby Citanul » 03/12/2013 9:25 PM

Image Image

"I'll try to get you as far away from his grasp as I can, brother." Though he didn't know his way around this swamp as well as he should it was far enough away from Kerberos' paws that they could take their time crossing it. "There's this tinkerer who can fix you up, give you proper parts." And a better life, he hoped. It was far too late for himself, but he could help guide this pup.

The pink pup tilted his head, but continued to follow his 'brother'. He faltered after a moment, tripping over his own paws and yelping soundlessly as he fell into the mud.

"Oh! Misa!" He scooped him up in his maw, softly settling him back down and pulling a soft cloth from his bag to try and clean him up. "Maybe this wasn't the best route to go with a pup..."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate

Re: Wanderlust Strikes [P; ask to join]

Postby Citanul » 04/06/2013 9:08 PM

Did that runt think that he wasn't being tracked? Naamah growled quietly to herself as she followed the shallow tracks in the mud. The swamp. Why was it the swamp? ...Well. Kerberos' legs didn't work as well as her own, she supposed it may have been a smart move. If there wasn't a pup involved. That little thing couldn't even look out from the muck, as deep as her legs were in it right now.

Why did he even want it? The little pink fuzzball meant nothing to her, even if he was a gift.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 04/08/2013 10:40 PM

Maybe this wasn't the best plan... It would slow Kerberos down, but it seemed like Misaki was also rather slow. He hadn't thought that the pup would have so much trouble in the mud... Shows what he knew about little ones.

Shifting on his paws he sighed and gently picked up the pink-and-brown bundle by the scruff, carrying him through the deepest parts. It was a little slower, trying to be so careful, but in the end he hoped it would be better for their travels.

The little pink one looked up to his older brother, squirming a bit and whining. "It's cold! When can I go home?" He had no idea that home was the worst place for him right now.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/09/2013 6:55 PM

Johnny
Helena
Switchblade

Johnny cursed between clenched teeth, while balancing some of the equipment on his head, while stabilizing it with one hand, and carrying more things in the other, all the while trying not to slip in the mud, which was knee deep at the moment. The young man stared holes into the backpack of the young woman in front of him, who was also only making slow progress.

"I told you that this was a bad idea. when did you ever hear of someone take a shortcut through a freaking swamp?" he hissed half loud. Helena heard him however, and tried to turn her head as far back as possible, to throw him an apologetic glance. "I know. I'm sorry, it was not...one of my better ideas" the small bleeder, looming on her backpack, glared down at Johnny. "stop complaining. it does not really make the situation better" "Shut up you little pile of cogs, or I will de-montage you again" Johnny hissed back, his nerves laying blank.

"okay, thats enough you two." Helena obviously struggled to keep a cheery voice. "There's a small island thingy over there, lets take a break and a look at the map, before we go on, okay?"

While Helena stayed in her human form, Johnny transformed into his Corbine form as soon as he placed the
new equipment on the relatively dry ground on the small hill that Helena called island. Stretching his metallic wings, something cracked audibly, and he flinched. Helena meanwhile studied a old land card, furrowing her brow, and muttering to herself. this really had not been a that great idea. Sure, they got their new equipemnt, but the transport back to their working place and shop just got a bit more...complicated.
escpecially since she just realized that they where lost.

Switchblade, bored by the relative silence, climbed a nearby tree and looked around curiously.
Her Head snapped around when she thought she heard something. Carefully, she leaned foreward,
and asked in a almost meek tone "  Hello? Somebody...out there?"
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Citanul » 04/09/2013 9:32 PM

Scrambling to the 'shore' of a small dry spot Ano placed Misa down and looked around for a moment, ears flicking back and forth as he heard someone nearby. Who would be out in the swamp? ....The loud clicking sound made him pull the little pink pup closer to him. It didn't exactly sound like Kerberos, but he couldn't ever be too sure.

The meek voice calling out had him relax a little, though he kept the little one close to him.

"I didn't think anyone else traveled the swamps this time of year." He called out, voice a bit raised to just be sure they could hear him.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/10/2013 2:06 PM

The trio looked into the direction where the voice came from all at once, Helena and Johnny looking a bit more flustered then Switch, who now climbed down her tree and carefully stalked towards the source of the voice.
Johnny fluttered up a bit to get a better view, but decidet to not come closer to the two mekkayenas. After all,
they did not know them, and from expirience he knew they could get quite vicious. "well, we could say the same about you" he said, a not too small amount of scepsis in his voice. Helena set the map aside, and slowly walked closer towards the two strangers. "Be nice." she hissed when passing the tree johnny sat in, and smiled friendly

"Hello there! We're just...well...passing through. or better trying to pass through, really" she said, tilting her head slightly at the small pup //how cute// she thought, obviously not afraid of the two. she kept a polite distance tho. "I'm Helena. The guy in the tree is Johnny, and this-" she pointed at the Bleeder, who now was peeking up behind her legs "-Is Switchblade."  She seemed to think for a moment, before carefully adding "can I ask you what you are doing here? also just passing through or...looking for an adventure?" she winked at Misa at that. She always had a thing for kids. She also hoped that her question would not put them of tho.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 04/11/2013 10:27 PM

Laughing softly Ano smiled towards the trio, though he kept the little pup close to him. "No, no, it is a fine question. Attempting to traverse the swamp as well, though it may not have been the best method with little Misa here. I didn't realize we were in the middle of the wet season; last time I was through here it was much dryer." He paused, for a moment. "Maybe not dryer, but the water levels were much lower."

Misa tilted his head at the newcomers, but his tail was wagging a mile-a-minute. "Adventure! Going away from home to fix me!"

Ano sighed quietly. "Well, I suppose that is right, although a little too much information for strangers, Misaki. I'm Anoushka, but you can call me Ano, and the pup Misaki.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/12/2013 3:05 AM

Helena smirked "Yeah, we also realized that we might not have picked the best time to get through here when it was already too late" She looked at Ano, then at Misa, and was pondering if she should ask anything about the
situatioon they where in. Switch made that decision for her tho. Now more confident, she slipped from her safe spot behind Helenas legs, and made a few hesitant steps towards the pup. "Fix you?" she chirped "you don't seem broken to me"
Johnny finally decided to join the party, and landed on Helena's shoulder. he was about to shoot a spitefull comment at Switch, but decided against it when the woman shot him an angry -not now- glance. Instead, he only greeted with a short "Hi there" and watched Misa curiously. A bit like a doctor would watch a patient.
Helena turned her attention back at Ano. "Do you have it far, to where....well, you can get someone to look at him?"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 04/21/2013 8:15 PM

Misaki giggled and pranced a little through the mud, seeming content for a moment in the new company. He trusted them, even if the little Mekkayena was a little reserved. "Xai're didn't build me, Kerberos did. Ano says he made mistakes, an' I won't ever age."

Well, the little one knew more than he did. Nodding slightly Ano sighed. "Well, that's about the thick of it. Kerberos thinks himself a God... I am also one of his experiments, but... Well, Misaki's defects are easier to fix than mine. I don't know if he'll ever age, but at least we can get his wiring fixed. It's hard for him to not trip over his own feet, and he seems to have some scenting issue."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/23/2013 2:43 AM

Helena looked at the small Mekka sympathetic. She could not wonder but to help how old he actually was
//Poor thing// she thought, and felt anger rise up in her. Whoever that Kerberos was, he should know better then to play god like that. Then again, he seemed a bit insane if he thought so. Yes, Johnny also basically
made Switchblade into what she now was, but that was to prevent her from dying. plus she had no...side effects, despite being snarky.

She was just about to say something, when Johnny spoke up, after watching the pup silently the whole time
"well...as a matter of fact, We are Mechanics and...If you dont already have someone we maybe could take a look at Misaki. If you want, that is"

Both Helena and Switch looked at him somewhat bewildered. It was not the corbines style to help strangers out,
Without second thoughts or throwing prices at them. Johnny just sat there and shrugged. Helena's best bet was that he felt sorry for the small one...Turninger her attention back at Ano, she said "Yeah sure, absolutely!"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 05/07/2013 9:40 PM

'Creating' another living being and having a Bleeder born of negative emotion were really two separate things entirely. Even building a robot was different than this situation. Misaki was a learning, living little Mekka. He didn't deserve to be treated like he was a baby.

Ano nodded a bit, smiling gratefully. "It would be amazing. Even if you have no idea how to fix him, I haven't even had anyone to help me take a look. Do you have a shop? I think that the swamp would be an awful place to begin an exam." He laughed quietly.

Misaki smiled lopsidedly, wagging his tail. "Thank you!"
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 05/12/2013 2:57 PM

"ah, no problem" Switch chirped at Misaki. It was quite surprising how sweet she was, considering she always claimed that she did not get along with children. Then again, Misaki maybe was not technically a child.
"say, If that Kerberos guy build you and Ano, how did you escape? or did he just let you go?" she said it in a quite casual tone, but there seemed to be slight bit of scepsis in her voice.

Helena giggled slightly at Ano's last comment "no, I suppose it really is not the best location" she said.
Johnny seemed to have been lost in thought, but snapped back to attention when they where asked about their shop. "well, we are kind of semi normadic most of the time, but we do have our headquarters in Lamenolai."
"and we also have a sort of small 'montaging garage' at the slums. its...well less luxerious of course, but not as far away." Helena added "you can decide which one you prefer, but I think Lamenolai may be the...better choice, despite the distance."

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 05/30/2013 2:14 AM

While Misaki wasn't truly a child he had been taught to act like one to please the one who had created him. Aside from his physical appearance it could be hinted at that his mental faculties were obstructed, keeping him like a child forever. It wouldn't really do him any good to give him an adult body but keep his mind as a child. It could even be somewhat cruel.

Ano nodded slightly to them. "No, I escaped from him. He is a tinkerer - he has one other creation, though she seemed to have been a success to him. She is completely infatuated - and I think she is whole. She would never leave him... And, I mean, she seems happy with him. If she wishes to stay then that is her choice to make." he looked to the pup at his side, who wiggled his tail and just seemed happy to be going to be 'fixed'.

A few moments as he thought. "Distance is no real object, we have waited so long I think I have the patience to wait a little longer. Lamenolai is the best choice. Do you have more business here? I can accompany you to do whatever it is you need to do here, and then we can travel longer."
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 06/01/2013 12:50 PM

(sorry for the short reply :()

Helena listened closely to Anos story. She still was trying to wrap her head how someone could be so selfish or naive to actually play god like the man who created them. And to think that there was one of his creations which seemed to be loyal to him...well. She did not know her, and as Ano said, it was her choice to stay. but still...it made her feel somewhat unconfortable.  

She shook that feeling when Johnny spoke up "uhm. well no, we actually re just on our way home, transporting some new equipment" he threw a sideglance at Helena, before adding in a rather snarky tone "at least we where, until someone decidet to take a what she called shortcut, and made us get lost in this swamp"
Helena smirked sheepishly and shrugged somewhat helplessly. "well...guilty as charged. i underestimated this season in the swamp, I'm afraid...and now we are...kind of lost. So I guess
it would be really great if you could lead the way to Lamenolai. " she looked back at the equipment "we don't have much to carry, luckily, so we should not be slowed down too badly"

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Citanul » 06/21/2013 8:38 PM

[Oh, don't worry, it's okay!]

Ano gave a soft chuckle. "Seems we have plenty in common then. The way through the swamp isn't too hard; it's just going around obstacles and such. I think that if we manage to get out of this deep muck, just towards the East the path picks up again." At least the journey wouldn't be too much longer, and he could help them as well. Being part machine really did help in some situations. "Shall I lead the way?"

For now he picked up Misaki and carried him by the scruff as they trudged on through the muck. Plenty of hard terrain on the way, and the little pup deserved a break.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next