Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Few Words [P]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/15/2013 5:23 AM

(This is a short story I wrote...like five years ago. Not all that great, but it's been sitting unused for some time)

Hiei has never been a man of many words.

So when the call came in for an able bodied Reikai Tantei to complete a B-Class mission, Hiei was the only one who had not taken off for the summer. Of course, the reason being he had no other place to go, besides Makai, and he didn't feel it necessary to waste his time trying to get back in. He’d been trapped in that human infested city for longer than he cared to admit, and like it or not, it was actually starting to grow on him -- in a fungus-y sort of way.

So, as I said, when the call came in, he was the one who answered.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Re: Few Words [P]

Chained like a dog. Disgraceful. I should kill them all.

"Hiei, glad you're here."

The child-like ruler of Reikai looked over his stack of papers at the not-so-happy fire apparition. Koenma sighed, rubbing his temples as he stamped a rather long piece of paper, presumably something to do with Makai and some demon or other causing havoc; if it had to do with the Gates of Judgment, then Hiei wondered if he ou8ght to be paying a bit more attention to what he was stamping.

"I'm guessing you don’t need a briefing, what with that…” Koenma gestured vaguely to his forehead, and beneath it’s bandage, the fire demon’s Jagan eye glowed in annoyance. Hiehi gave a curt nod; no need for a briefing when he knew all he needed to know already. “Well, Kurama really was captured. What a headache it is...And let me tell you, that boy is going to..."

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Hiei frowned. Narrowing his eyes, he conveyed a silent message to the young ruler that made Koenma snap his mouth closed almost immediately. I did not come here to listen to you blather on about what happened, idiot. Just tell me what to do so I can get it done.

Koenma was not at all surprised by Hiei's glares nor was he concerned with his rudeness and lack of desire to ‘chit-chat.’ Instead, he pulled out a drawer and produced a tiny booklet, apparently containing everything the annoyed fire apparition needed to know.

I hate this.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/15/2013 5:24 AM

"It's all in there," Koenma informed him primly as Hiei reached across the table and took the book. The young ruler watched as wine red eyes scanned the pages hastily, soaking in the information that was required.

"Hn..."

"Does this mean you will be able to get him out of there?"

"Hn."

And with a flash of black, and a sharp twist, the red-eyed fire apparition disappeared.

-----------

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/15/2013 5:24 AM

Too easy.

Hiei stood outside the door, sword hanging lightly from his fingers, blood steadily dripping down the blade. He inspected it craftily, a wry smile forming on his fanged mouth.

The guards had been easy enough to dispatch. Hardly C-Class material, and no match for someone of his rank. And the traps that had surrounded the stone fortress could hardly be taken seriously. He had evaded every single one, and had not even set off so much as a spark. No doubt they were explosives, set to sense the movement above them. But of course, for him and his speed, they were easy to avoid.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/15/2013 5:25 AM

Wiping his blade clean on the uniform of one of the many felled guards, he began to steadily climb the spiraling staircase that led to where he presumed they were keeping Kurama.

Baka kitsune, he thought testily, cursing the fox's awry luck. It would be just like him to go and get himself captured on such a low level mission. Kurama was far too soft for the dark humored fire demon, and his unwillingness to kill sickened him.

It's his own fault. I shouldn’t have to pick up the slack.

Nearing the top, he slid his katana back into it's sheath, careful not to make even the slightest noise. The door had been, foolishly, left slightly ajar, and the raven haired apparition could peer inside undisturbed.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/15/2013 5:29 AM

Slipping inside, he peered cautiously about the room. There was no one inside, save for himself and the fox, yet...Something did not feel right.

Hiei's suspicion was rewarded with an ominous chuckle, and he suddenly found himself being shoved forward. Skidding to a halt just shy of ramming into the energy sucking trap, he whirled around, his sword already out and ready to slice up whoever had dared to even touch him.

But...there was no one.

An invisible demon?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/15/2013 5:29 AM

"No, fool," came a voice to his left, seeming to interpret the look on his face. "I am not invisible." This time to the right. "I am merely...Camouflaged." In front of him. "And you will never be able to find me." Once more, to his left.

Sighing, he carefully pulled the band from his forehead, his Jagan slowly snapping open. It swiveled once, and then moved to the right. This demon could not hide for long, and...

Ah, there he was.

Death will be quick...I promise.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/15/2013 5:30 AM

Slowly proceeding towards the soon-to-be-dead-fool, Hiei made a quick dash forward, bringing his blade down onto thin air that appeared to miss it’s mark. A gurgling cry and a spattering of blood on his cloak revealed exactly what he had done.

Kicking the diced up corpse for good measure, which had revealed itself upon the demon's demise, Hiei turned towards his comrade. Now, how to go about destroying this odd trap without losing his energy himself?

A sharp crackle caught his attention, and he watched with a dull listlessness as the bubble dissipated, leaving a very groggy and very weak fox in it's wake.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/15/2013 5:30 AM

It dies when it's master is slain. How simple.

He moved forward to help his friend as he shakily made it to his feet. Startling emerald eyes peered thankfully down into wine-red ones. "Thank you, my friend. I do not think I could have gotten out of there myself. You always seem to appear just when one of us needs you most."

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/15/2013 5:31 AM

Hiei slung Kurama's arm over his shorter shoulder, easily beginning the long trek back down the stairs and home to Nigenkai. The red-head sighed tiredly. "Really, thank you, Hiei. I don't know what I would have done without you..." And with that, he slipped into a deep sleep, the raven haired fire demon supporting him as they made their way home.

I guess it was worth it. But don‘t expect me to save you every time, fox.

"Hn."

Like I said, Hiei has never been a man of many words.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate