Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Losing What is Most Precious [Open!]

Postby Citanul » 06/08/2013 9:23 PM

How could he have lost his way in this swamp? It was wet and had to be easy to retrace his steps. And yet... Here was was, going in circles, previous pawprints just barely visible in the muck. He stopped and tried to regain himself, whimpering unintentionally. While his size may belie his age - he was still quite young. And had never been lost before.

Finding his way beneath a tree that would somewhat shelter him from the rain he tried to calm himself and regain where he was. If it weren't for the rain! The overcast and the washing away of everything... He sat in the  mud and curled up close on himself for a few moments. He had to find a way out of here and back home.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate

Re: Losing What is Most Precious [Open!]

Postby jobiehanna » 06/09/2013 12:19 AM

Well, the swamp was definitely not somewhere Varle liked to be. Her preferred the denser Tengel forest, but the Baian Swamp provided a larger range of insects, believe it or not. They were much different from the ones back home, and Varle wanted to get a taste of them. But this rain was really killing him!

He pulled his paws from the muck and wished the trees weren't so saturated. If they weren't, he could use the sticky pads on his feet to hop from branch to branch and navigate more effectively. But that wasn't the case, to he continued his slow pace, careful to keep a mental map of the swamp in his mind. He wasn't sure how reliable it would be, but it would at least lead him in the general direction of home.

He was walking through a particularly thick clutch of trees when he stepped on something soft and warm. A little yelp of surprise escaped him, and he looked down at where his feet had been. In this sheltered portion, there seemed to be someone escaping the downpour.

His red eyes scanned the form, but his brown fur was hard to decipher from the mud and muck around. "I'm so sorry," Varle finally said with a frown. "I, uh, didn't see you there," he added with a somewhat apologetic smile. He wasn't used to running into others, and this was surely an awkward situation for the lucain.

{1.1}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Losing What is Most Precious [Open!]

Postby Citanul » 06/12/2013 7:55 PM

Too lost in his own thought Mahkah didn't even hear the Lucain approach. He whined as he was stepped on - though he wasn't hurt much, he shifted out of the way, fur raised a little as he watched the oddly-colored one. No, there was no threat.... He calmed down a little, trying to smile.

"Oh, it's okay. You didn't hurt me... I guess you can't see me, hunh?" He laughed a little nervously. "I... I got a little lost... Do you know how to get out of here?" Even though he was the same size as the green one he seemed much younger, looking very much like a scared pup.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate