Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: The Voodoo Queen [Details Inside]

Postby AuroraSky » 08/28/2015 10:56 AM

Arcane felt vey tired, then. Stabbing, shooting, poisoning...she had been willing to kill Seeksoul by any means necessary. That's what she had been prepared for. But this? This had all gotten so out of control, this was going so far and so deep that Arcane suddenly felt as though the weight of the world was on her shoulders. And yet, she didn't consider backing out of the mission. She owed Demetrius a debt, and she was intent on paying it. No matter the cost. "Like I said before, I don't really have a choice." Arcane said. "Tell me how to banish him."

Marie stared into Arcane's eyes then, as if trying to read if the child was really up to what she was about to tell her. But when Arcane had not flinched, the older woman sighed and gestured towards the kitchen table. "Have a seat."

[109][72]

[Arcane has left the VooDoo Queen]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/22/2015 9:08 PM

Numbers pushed the door of the hut open wide, carefully peering in from the side. Inside the hut was dark; not even Marie's candles had been lit. A fact that Numbers had found quite odd, since she couldn't remember the last time that Marie's candles hadn't been lit. She pushed the door open all the way so it tapped the wall on the other side, and took a small, unthreatening step into the hut. "Marie?" She called into the void. "Marie, are you here?" Numbers asked, but only received silence in return.

Frowning, Numbers shut the door behind her. Something was definitely wrong, she could feel, but if Marie had been in any sort of danger she would have known. She would have sensed it. Numbers began to make her way through the living space of the hut, avoiding the obstacles in the dark with ease. She had navigated the same path many a time, and it had become second nature to her.

Her hand found the railing of the stairs. "Marie?" She called up, where the woman must have been. When she again received no response, Numbers began her ascent, ignoring the warning whines of the stairs as she climbed. "Marie?"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/22/2015 9:27 PM

Numbers waved the curtain of beads away from her face as she entered Marie's room. It was dark in there too, so Numbers couldn't see anything, but by soft breathing coming from where the bed would have been alerted her that Marie was indeed there. Numbers stood still for a moment, trying to decide if Marie was sleeping or just messing around with her. "Marie?" She finally called softly. "Are you awake?"

"Yes." Came the firm reply.

Numbers put her hands on her hips and cocked her head, her expression puzzled. "Why are you laying in the dark? And why didn't you answer me when I called your name? And what's wrong? Are you alright?" She asked almost all at once. Marie sighed and Numbers could hear her snap her fingers. When she did, all of the candles become lit, strong at first but settling down comfortably. "Better?"

[2][74]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/23/2015 1:44 PM

Numbers took a few seconds to adjust to the light, then sighed as the warmth nuzzled her. It was comforting. "Yes." She answered, coming to sit on Marie's bed beside her. As she sank into the mattress, she could hear Baby scuttling underneath the bed, where he had been keeping watch over his master. "Hi, Baby." She called in a cheery voice, and he gently swiped his tail along her leg in response.

Numbers turned her attention back to Marie, who was laying on top of her covers and curled up in a fetal position. She didn't look as though she had been crying, Numbers had never known the Voodoo Queen to cry, but her eyebrows were furrowed in intense concentration. "Are you trying to hone your powers or something?" Numbers asked thoughtfully.

"No." Marie answered, sighing. "Then what's been bothering you?" Numbers reached out to smooth Marie's hair, which was no longer in its usual beehive, but just down and long the woman's body. Marie looked up to Numbers, grappling with whether or not she should confide in the young girl. But if Marie couldn't trust Numbers, who could she trust? "I'm worried about Sam." She admitted.

[3][75]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/23/2015 1:48 PM

Ah, Sam. The New Orleans police officer that had been 'assigned' to Marie, which was just a way of saying the Governor would send Sam to spy on Marie every now and then, making sure she wasn't up to any voodoo tricks. But Sam had quickly graduated from lowly police spy to a friend, in Marie's heart, and she no longer loathed the times he came to visit. Sometimes Numbers thought Sam may have had a bit of a crush on Marie, though she would never say such a thing aloud. "Oh?" She asked, not surprised. "Why?"

Marie opened her mouth, then closed it again. Should she tell Numbers about the night she spent at the castle? How humiliating it would be, to have to explain what she had done. "Marie." Numbers said softly. "Come on, you know you can tell me anything." She chided gently. The Queen sighed.

"A few weeks ago, and I'm not proud of this," She began, her jaw heavy. "In the wee hours of the night I took a...little bit of a trip."

[4][76]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/23/2015 1:52 PM

"A trip?" Numbers asked. "A trip to where?"

Marie looked up at Numbers again, and once again became unsure. Marie wasn't afraid of Numbers' judgement; the girl was incapable of it, especially when it came to Marie. And Marie had gone some very awful things before. But the fact that she was going to say this aloud for the first time since it happened made Marie cringe inwardly. She sighed. "Constantine's castle."

Marie watched a bit of panic flash across Numbers' face. "Marie," Numbers said carefully, gently grabbing the woman's wrist. "Did he hurt you? Did he...bite you?" Marie shook her head. "No, he wouldn't-"

"Did he bite Sam?" Numbers asked, a look of sheer horror now. Marie shook her head again. "No, he didn't come into any contact with Sam." Marie said impatiently. Numbers quieted then. "I went over to Constantine's and I...we..."

[5][77]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 12/03/2015 3:44 PM

It had taken Numbers a few seconds to finish Marie's sentence in her mind, and when she had she couldn't help but to recoil a bit. "You...did that?" Numbers asked, trying not to sound so accusing in her tone. Constantine hadn't been secretive about his obsession with the Voodoo Queen; he had all but erected a monument in her honor, and Numbers didn't think that day was too far away. "But...you and...he-"

"I know." Marie said, her eyes closing. "He loves me. And I don't love him and I shouldn't have. Especially with him." Numbers could only nod to that. No doubt when Marie left him he had gone into some fit of rage. Constantine was known to have quite the wrath.

The sat in silence for a while then, Marie no longer in the mood to confess and Numbers unsure of what to say. All the young girl could do was stroke the woman's hair as comfortingly as she could. And then, "Why?"

[6][78]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer