Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: An Apprentice No More [Self]

Postby Silas » 08/13/2016 3:14 AM

Alone in the depths of the swamps, the rain began to fall. Celest shivered as she hid under the cover of a large leaf of a nearby bush. Several days of wandering by herself have taken their toll. She was hungry, afraid, and filled with despair.

When the rain began to clear, Celest gathered her will, and began walking to where, she didn't know. She hoped that if she walked long enough, far enough, something would look familiar, and she would be able to find her way home.
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 20
Donate

Postby Silas » 09/16/2017 6:58 PM

The second night she wandered still, and it was darker than the first. The swamp was quiet, with only the sound of frogs and the squishing of the earth beneath her feet to fill her ears. Suddenly a loud plopping sound in a puddle near her caused her to jump back in startled fear. She crashed into the sharp branch of a tree that cut her arm. She cursed her stupidity as she looked around and saw no threat.

"The only thing that is going to hurt me here is myself."

When she spoke, a chill ran through the air causing her to shiver.
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Silas » 09/16/2017 7:09 PM

She shivered, and noticed the swamp smell was thicker here. It was also suddenly quite louder. It was as though all the bugs and frogs in the swap woke up at the same time, and the noise from their normal day to day activity filled the swamp around her. It was no longer silent and dead, but very much alive.

"Only two days, and your still alive even." said a voice from behind her.

She turned and stood absolutely still from both fear and shock. A massive Paragon stood before her. He bent his head down and smiled. This did not calm her fears at all.

"Follow me, you have learned my first lesson. To fear the unknown, and to react to that fear without first becoming aware of your situation, is to bring about your own demise. There is nothing to fear here, if you know the swamp, and are aware of it. Come with me and I will teach you. You will come to know the swamp, and all of nature as well. You will fear nothing that is natural, because you will know nature itself."

He then reached into the nearby puddle and pulled out a smooth pebble. He handed it to her, smiled, and began to walk away deeper into the swamps. She followed.
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous