Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/15/2007 2:43 PM

Bri scratched the back of her neck shyly at Saejer's remarks. "Thank you very much." she said to all of them. "And if you would just be so kind as to get me out of the worst of the swamp, I think i'll be able to manege." She held out a paw to very carefully hold Bubble. "Facinating creature you are, miss Bubble, as is Bouncer."

Stuffing the plastic-covered canvas back into her bag, she carefully climbed up on Saejer's back. The kuhna had a bit of trouble getting the bag around her neck up with her, but she maneged and sat it in front of her, holding it protectivly. She looked down at Krii and smiled. "Maybe next time i'll have some of my older brushes I never use. I'm sorry you couldn't look at these." She felt a bit guilty for not letting the curious rengosette look.
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/15/2007 3:35 PM

"Well, I guess that's that, then. Krii, c'mon. Up 'ere, boy. Sky, will you be alright here? Do you think you can fly OK?"

I wasn't exactly optimistic about her chances myself. The rain was pouring harder than ever, and there was nothing to speak of in terms of updraft. Even had she wanted to take to the sky, she probably would've been cemented firmly down here. But her legs were no longer shackled in by the mud, and she seemed to have found a nice string of roots to hop across. She might lag behind us, but I figured she'd do well for herself.

I took a handful of the Carpetfang's hair, trying not to pull, and looked behind myself to Bri. "Everyone settled in, then?"

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Shaetani » 09/17/2007 1:38 AM

Seajer waited until it felt like everyone was settled, moving out at a slow pace both so that no one would fall off, and so that Skycutter could keep up. Bubble and Bouncer shifted between riding on him, and dancing in the rain, although as they neared the edge of the swamp they set of crys of alarm and dove back to Saejers head. What had bothered them so? Why, the simple fact that the rain was letting up. It didn't take them long at all to get out of the heart of the swamp, and he smiled at them as he moved next to a tree root that they could slide off onto. "Its been fun, but I need to get Bubble and Bouncer home before it gets too dry out... Take care everyone!" As soon as he was sure everyone was off safe and sound, he turned to go home, back the way they had come. Bouncer and Bubble made gurgling noises at everyone, their own form of goodbye, then turned and raced ahead of Saejer, surprisingly agile and quick in the efforts to get back to their lovely wet pond.

(Its been fun, but I'm gonna go ahead and pull out. ^_^)
Image - Image
Scribble Scrabble on the wall, who is the meanest of them all?
Riff Raff and Bark Gruff, I'm not scared of your huffing bluff.
Shaetani
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 27
Donate

Postby Freezair » 09/17/2007 1:49 AM

I looked up at the sky and smiled. Perhaps we wouldn't need my floating tent at all.

Skycutter shook herself. Even with feathers made of stone, her body was waterlogged. But with a little bright light, she would soon be soaring again.

Krii looked at me silently. I put down my arm for him; he ran to the top of my shoulder. Looking out towards the ends of the swamp, I prepared myself to continue my journey.

((I'll end here too.))

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/17/2007 6:29 PM

Bri slid off Saejer's neck onto the thick root, landing softly on her delicate paws. "Thanks so much, you guys." she mewed. With that, she surveyed her surroundings, made sure her canvas was still in its protective plastic, and headed for home. "See you around!"

((I shall go now as well ^^))
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Previous