Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: Time to Train [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 2:58 PM

"And why is that?" Zelos could not help but to ask.

"They just don't suit me," she answered. "Do I like as though I am someone that would carry a weapon?"

Glancing at her up and down, his eyes were drawn to the small blade she still held in her hand. Her arms were pinned at her side, so it was useless, but she had not let it go. It just didn't look quite right in her hands.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 3:04 PM

There never was a time that he saw her hold something that was definitely a weapon. Syringes, perhaps, even filled with liquids that would serve as toxins in some way. Paralyzing medicine could certainly be used as a weapon, but it wasn't specifically designed to be one.

"You're right, it doesn't suit you," he finally answered. "You're a person that looks a though you could kill with just a glance. It makes a weapon look out of place."

It was Yanora's turn to smirk.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 3:43 PM

Hearing what he had said, he was right on the money. Yanora was a person who was capable of being frightening even when not holding something considered innately dangerous. It was difficult to even say why that was. She was type of woman that rarely smiled, and her typical expression seemed annoyed, even if she wasn't.

If Zelos had to describe it, though, it wasn't so much even her face and the way she carried herself. It was more like, she had a dangerous aura. She seemed so very much like a predator, but she lacked the ability to transform into another such thing.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 8:08 PM

It was curious, really, why it was that she had such a feel about her. In made Yanora difficult to approach, in most situations. Well, for most people. Zelos had no such issues as, first and foremost, he was met with kindness. She had met Zelos practically on her doorstep and had taken him in when he had fled his world and no where to go.

"So you chose concealed weapons?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 8:11 PM

What other choice do I have? The woman responded without needing a single moment to think about it. "I'm not suited for weapons, it seems out of place, but I need to be able to defend myself if I wish to stay beside you. You, and the others, as well. I don't have any right to ask what I have of you without putting myself in the same predicament."

"You didn't ask me to go to war. I chose to do so on my own."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 8:19 PM

"I did not ask you this time," she corrected him. "If I had never asked you to fight in the first war, you would have never chosen to join this time." Why had she ever chosen to put her friend in jeopardy?

"I made this decision on my own," the man insisted. Zelos' tone of voice changed, then, it having more weight to it. He was serious, trying to get his words across to her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 8:40 PM

"I am a prince. And, where I come from, princes don't sit back and only allow their citizens and soliders fight for them. From the very beginning, I have been trained for combat. From the time I was a child, I could handle a weapon and use my magic. I fought alongside our soldiers."

"You are no longer a prince, Zelos," Yanora reminded him.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 8:44 PM

"You gave up being a prince. You left your world, you've forsaken it, in exchange for your freedom. You even had the chance to go back, but you didn't. You said your place was here."

"You don't just stop being a prince." Yes, the crown prince, the only prince, abandoned his country and his world, altogether. He'd all but left his country for dead, if they so believed in the prophecy that spoke of their destruction.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 8:46 PM

"Yes, I gave up the title. That does not mean that I have to give up my ideals. I will fight for what I believe to be right, because it is the right thing to do. I cannot change how I have always been, so I cannot stand back and do nothing."

Yanora listened to his words, considered them with careful thought as he spoke. In all the time that they had known each other, they had never argued about this. She'd never heard him speak quite that way.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 8:50 PM

"I would not have mattered if you asked me to go or not when the first war broke out. Had you not asked me to go, I would have gone anyway. I went because it was what I needed to do."

Still, Yanora did not speak. Everything he was saying, although it was a first, sounded so much like him. Yet, Zelos willingly putting himself in danger, speaking as though he was obligated to fight, infuriated the woman.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2016 2:13 AM

Once more, the woman's expression grew dark, but it was different from before. Her eyes narrowed dangerously, and they glinted with a fierceness Zelos had not before seen. She bared her teeth, quietly snarling, like she was some kind of wild animal. He could see her whole body trembling, and watched in both amazement and horror as she began to push back against the chains.

Before, she didn't fight, because it would have been useless to struggle. A typical woman couldn't break free of the chains, nor a typical man. But she was forcing the metal to give away.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/31/2016 2:19 AM

Once more, the woman's expression grew dark, but it was different from before. Her eyes narrowed dangerously, and they glinted with a fierceness Zelos had not before seen. She bared her teeth, snarling, like she was some kind of wild animal. He could see her whole body trembling, and watched in both amazement and horror as she began to push back against the chains.

Before, she didn't fight, because it would have been useless to struggle. A typical woman couldn't break free of the chains, nor a typical man. But she was forcing the metal to give away.

Yanora's hands clutched tightly into fists, her nails digging into the palm of one hand, while the other griped the blade she held so tightly that it felt like it was going to snap. Her body trembled as she struggled against the chains, but her expression didn't show any pain from it. The chains pressed tightly into the flesh of her arms, but it did not seem to faze her.

Zelos, stunned by what he was seeing, did not act to remove the chains himself.

With a loud growl, she summoned all of her strength, and pushed against the chains as hard as she possibly could. The metal chains snapped in several places with the sudden force, falling all around her onto the ground below. Somehow, she'd broken his chains.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous