Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: Time to Train [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/27/2016 11:36 AM

She had not expected to hit him, so the result was entirely what she had expected. Her entire purpose was to move, unhindered, while he was busy defending against her attack. That is, as unhindered as one could be, dragging their feet through the muck of the swamp. The mud and muck slowed them both down.

Once the needles were blocked, Zelos pulled back his whip. Was she always this fast? No, not that he could recall. Even with the swamp slowing her down, he was certain she was moving faster than she ever had before.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/29/2016 4:01 AM

Yanora had widely circled around Zelos, although she was not yet behind him. He caught up with her before she could sneak an attack in from behind, shifting his body quickly to face her. For a moment, the woman stopped, her gaze meeting his. She smirked, and his eyes narrowed, attempting to gauge her intentions.

The woman did not speak, nor did the man. They simply stared at one another for a moment, neither moving.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/29/2016 4:03 AM

What she did next was as equally unexpected as everything else that had happened thus far. Yanora rushed straight for Zelos. For a brief moment, he was stunned by this, but he wasn't about to turn his back to her. He jumped back, attempting to create more space between them, but it was effort wasted. As he jumped back, she leapt forward, with just as much force as he. He wasn't going to be able to create a gap between them that way.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/29/2016 4:07 AM

She was no more than six feet away from him. Seeing her face up close in this situation, Zelos found she was akin to a snake about to devour it's prey. But he wouldn't be devoured so easily! With a quick flick of his wrist, his chain whip went straight for her. Yanora just barely managed to dodge to the side, it missing her by inches. And, as it swept around, she dodged beneath it. He shouldn't have aimed for her upper half.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/29/2016 4:12 AM

After dodging, the woman threw three small, glass bottles onto the ground. They shattered upon impact, even though the ground was considerably soft. They were thrown in such a way that they collided into one another and broke that way. Garish smoke, in a variety of colors, rose up, surrounding them. For someone like Zelos, with sensitive smell, he had to cover his nose at the harsh combination of herbal and chemical scents. Whatever it was, he had no doubt that those smoke bombs were of her own creation.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/29/2016 4:21 AM

Zelos was rather disoriented because of the smoke. He knew which direction Yanora had been in, but he couldn't see her, nor could he smell her. As his eyes shifted about, his ears perked up on top of his head. But his initial reaction to the smoke bought the woman just as much time as she needed. He heard her sloshing feet behind him, but he felt a cold, sharp point just barely pressed to his neck in the same moment. Yanora was holding a small, easily concealed blade against his throat.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/29/2016 4:24 AM

It seemed as though the winner was decided. Yet, they still did not exchange words.

Yanora held her pose without faltering. Zelos, on the other hand, grinned. She was good, no doubt about it, but this wasn't the end for him. Just because their was a knife to his throat didn't mean he was defeated. She must have known this, too.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/29/2016 4:27 AM

Suddenly, flashing balls of light appeared all around them. The smoke made it difficult for him, but Yanora had evidently been able to navigate well, despite it. So he evened the playing field. His bright, flashing lights that had appeared out of nowhere blinded her. As a light mage, this much was nothing.

She still didn't move away from him, but Yanora was forced to close her eyes, and she made a sound similar to a hiss in protest, although it sounded very human.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 2:21 PM

Zelos took the opportunity to swiftly move away from the blade. Yanora wouldn't actually stab him, so he didn't need to fear the possibility of such a reaction to his escape attempt. He didn't run, though. Instead, he turned to face Yanora. She was glaring at him through the light and the smoke for only a moment, before being forced to close her eyes once more as they teared up from irritation. Unlike her, Zelos was not fazed by the light of his own creation. Such a thing would not harm him.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 2:24 PM

She knew that with her eyes closed, she was practically defenseless. However, what else could Yanora do? She had not brought the one, simple thing that would have eased the pain caused by the bright light. How could she forget sunglasses when fighting a light mage? It should have been a standard item in her arsenal, considering she intended to duel with Zelos.

Zelos brandished his weapon once more, unwilling to miss the opportunity he had provided for himself.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 2:28 PM

The mage did not intend to harm his companion. He never would dream of hurting her. So, rather than beat her with the chain, as he may have an enemy, he flicked it with careful control toward her, but not at her. The chains wrapped around the upper half her thin form, binding her arms down against her.

The woman's eyes shot open as she felt the chains constrict her, and she let out a sound akin to snarl. She could have ran. She should have ran, blindly, before allowing this to happen.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 2:31 PM

She knew, this predicament, there was nothing she could do. If she struggled, it would only serve to bring her harm. Yanora had made a mistake and, although she now telling herself what she could have done, she did not actually regret getting caught. After all, this would not be the end.

Knowing that she was secure and would not escape, Zelos yanked the chain, as gently as he could, to draw her in. The flashing lights he had created had stopped, he no longer requiring them.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 2:34 PM

Unable to resist the tugging on the chains, Yanora stepped forward. Although, they were slow, calculating steps. The small space between them was closed in only a few steps. Her expression was dark and irritated, glaring up at the face of the man that had captured her.

Zelos met her glare with a smirk. "It seems that I've caught you."

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 2:41 PM

"So it seems," the woman replied. After she spoke, a moment of silence passed, and her dark expression faded away. Anger wasn't really something she harbored against Zelos.

As her expression no longer looked as if she would kill him if he released her, the man's smirk became a genuine smile. "You prefer concealed weapons now?" Everything she used to fight against him, none of them were visible and, had she not used them to fight, he would not have even known she had them. He could not tell that she was armed simply by looking at her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 05/30/2016 2:46 PM

"They are practical."

Her response was nothing surprising. In fact, it was just like her. For that reason, Zelos didn't have a way to respond, other than audibly blowing air through his nose.

"I'm not suited to carry weapons, like you do." When she carried on, it was something of a surprise.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext