Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

.: A Mysterious Happening :.

Postby .:Random Event:. » 09/16/2016 12:20 AM

(First four people who make a roleplay post here will receive something special! Note that if you post here, you cannot post in the Medicai or Wilt'no threads)

With reports of black mist appearing far and wide across both Barakka and Lambastia, it seemed Baian Swamp, though it had little human or Chaos population to speak of, had also been blessed. A thin mist had settled in, giving the swamp a shimmering and mystical look. You'd think that the mist would make it harder to navigate the confusing landscape but travellers had noted that they were almost guided to their destination. Either the mist hid them from hungry Insonia and territorial Scordrak or it calmed the wild animals. No one could say why they weren't troubled by the wildlife, but they were very grateful either way.
Season in Effect: Winter

Please don't PM me without a good reason, otherwise I'll just ignore you!
.:Random Event:.
Surprise!
Surprise!
Pets | Items
Keystones: 627
Donate

Re: .: A Mysterious Happening :.

Postby crow » 09/16/2016 1:01 AM

ImageImage

Two figures stood in the rain, one with an umbrella and one without.

"The reports said it would be here," said the taller. Dressed all in black, his pale skin and blond hair stood out acutely; against grey backdrop of the deluge, he looked washed-out, almost ghost-like. The umbrella he carried was completely at odds with his somber appearance, brilliant red and white with the logo of some shopping mall that had opened and closed quite some time ago. It was discolored in places from age and long use, but still more vibrant than anything else on the man carrying it.

The woman, much shorter, made a wordless hum in response. Rather than carry an umbrella, she had opted for a grey cloak, worn over her usual attire of glittery robes. It had a faint patterning of feathers, and shed the rain like oilcloth. It was not at all subtle, but there was no one else here, and the rain made for exceptionally poor visibility anyway. They would not be exposed with a little indulgence here.

Perhaps it was the rain that obscured it. Perhaps they were merely in the wrong place. Tor had listed three, and this was the least inhabited, though it had also been the nearest, and neither Beckett nor Senna had the luxury of non-mortal modes of travel anymore.

"Let's go back," said Beckett, sighing. "We could make our way to the city he'd mentioned. If this is really a sign from him, then it must persist, until one of us has found him."

But Senna looked unconvinced, and had begun to squint at something in the distance. "... Let's... Walk a little further first," she said softly. Beckett eyed her, attempting to read her face, but Senna could be surprisingly opaque when she wanted. He sighed again, but followed as she set forth, just a step behind.

Who knew how long it took, in such dismal weather? And yet, Senna felt that she knew the way. She felt a tug, a familiar something--- and then they were greeted with the sight of a small lake, all awash in lights. No, that wasn't quite right. It was more of a... a mist, black and shimmering, stretching across the ground. Even in the rain, it looked like the night sky, as if reflected upon the water's surface on a clear night. And she found, upon walking into it, that it wasn't a lake at all. There was the same marshy ground beneath, simply obscured by the layer of mist above it.

"It's him," she said, barely more than a whisper. "Beckett, it has to be."
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Silas » 09/16/2016 2:33 AM

Celest

The moon shined brightly through the window near her bed. The moonbeams danced along her face as she dreamed sweetly. Her senses warned her that something was amiss, and she awoke startled from her dream. She pulled herself from her bed and peered through her window out into the dark depths of the swampy forest. The trees shimmered, and seemed to call to her.

She stepped out from her tree hollow home and felt the cool swamp air breeze through her fur. She smiled, looking at the tall grass, the water pools, the trees, and even the wind itself seemed to shimmer in the moonlight. She thought back through all her teachings as a shaman, and not once could she recall anything like this. There was a small tug, a call, a whisper even. To follow a trail unseen. Celest followed the call with curiosity and excitement. What new thing has come here to the swamps?
Silas
Novice Pet Tamer
Novice Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 20
Donate

Postby FrostWynd » 09/16/2016 6:33 AM

The lone wanderer was beginning to think he'd suddenly gone mad the moment he arrived at the swamp.  For a very unusual sight had caught the man's attention with the surrounding area. The strange shimmer from the mist that was hanging about in the air today. He found that it looked much too strange to him. That this had to have been his imagination somehow. Yet quick rub of his eyes in an attempt to dispel the illusion proved futile.

Slowly he began to realize that it was no such thing, and that there was this odd feeling he could sense in the air. Did the mist have something to do with that feeling? He wasn't quite sure... but something was not right with this place today. Whatever was going on, it was completely new to him.

Taking a step forward to walk further into the swamp, planning now to take a closer look. Perhaps he could learn something about what was going on as he went about his business here.

Oh Raven won't you sing me a happy song

You don't want me to stay alone
That's why you gotta sing your song
You keep tapping at my door
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore
But can I ask you something
A favor from you my friend
This song you keep singin'
Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore

Zoo PenImp. DocsWishlistJournal
FrostWynd
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1692
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/16/2016 6:40 AM

ImageImage

"Darrinvale, dear, what are we doing out here?"

The voice that asked this belonged to King Darrinvale's most trusted arbiter.  Myselia trudged through the swamp, internally grumbling about how she would have to clean the armor afterwards, and how her sword, Skyrkmir, seemed to weigh even more in the swamp.

"I'm... not fully sure, Myselia," the king replied.  "There was a report of strange happenings going on around here, and... well, I thought that this would be as good a time as any to investigate what, precisely, was going on."

"I don't disagree with you, but... did it have to be a swamp?" Myselia asked.

"Now, Lady Nyril, I didn't pick the place," Darrinvale said with a chuckle.  "However, this fog is certainly... unusual."
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate