Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: Searching for Answers [Self][Training]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/04/2016 12:00 PM

The woman pouted and made a noise that sounded like 'humph' as she crossed her arms; clearly she didn't appreciate the demon's comment.

Cvetka quirked her head to the side, as she examined her demon again. "Do you have a name?" she asked, not realising she had said it until that moment.

Her demon looked amused, as it looked at her pointedly and asked "Do you?"

Cvetka snorted; she should have expected a sarcastic answer.

[34]
{19}
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 5:06 PM

"Actually, on the subject of names" said Cvetka, turning to the pouting woman, "what's yours?"

The woman blushed but raised her head. "Call me... Alice" she said, cocking her head to one side. It wasn't her real name, and she was sure everyone present knew that, but it would do. She had already decided she wasn't going back to that identity anyway.

[35]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 5:11 PM

"Humph" said Cvetka's demon, looking unimpressed. "Well, as we're all sharing today, mine is-" it made a sound that was a combination of syllables, hisses and the sound of nails scraping down a blackboard.

"Um" said Cvetka, ears back from the horrible noise, "do you have a nick name, maybe?" She fidgeted, as the demon looked at her intensely. "Something a bit - easier to pronounce, maybe?" she asked, timidly.

The demon sighed, and placed a clawed hand over its eyes.

{20}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/09/2016 5:16 PM

"Nim" it replied, still keeping its eyes covered. If she didn't know any better, Cvetka would have thought that it was embarrassed.

"This one is called Galurmoford Callyantrix the Third and Deplorable - but he answers just fine to Moff" said the woman, cringing slightly. She had never received this information from her demon before, and she might have been happier never knowing the name her demon had chosen. It was such a mouthful, and to be reduced to such a silly nickname - well, she could have lived without the information.

[36]
{21}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 5:20 PM

Cvetka cringed as well, as the little ball-demon fluttered closer. She shook her head, then looked at the woman. "So, Alice..." the name felt weird, as she had been referring to the woman - Alice - as exactly that since she first met her. "What's the plan?" she asked, hoping there actually was a plan. She knew they had the map, but she hadn't seen it clearly.

<4>

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 5:24 PM

"Right" said the woman, leaning over the side of the sleeping platform to grab the bag that was hanging on a nail in the wall. "Our aim is to find the library which should be located here" she said, pointing to a location marked on the map, as Cvetka looked at it over her shoulder. "However," she said, as she glanced at the rest of the map, "I don't actually know where we are - which is a bit of a problem."

Nim snorted in a mixture of amusement and disgust at their predicament. "I see" it said, in it's oily voice, "and what, pray tell, do you intend to do about it?"

[37]
{22}

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/13/2016 2:32 PM

The woman flushed, and scowled; "Moff will fly up to the treeline and scout for me" she said, sounding cross. Cvetka peered at the little ball demon and sniffed once. She didn't see how that would help, given that the swamp pretty much looked the same from all angles.

Nim spoke her thoughts aloud; "Don't you have a distance limit between the two of you?" he asked, peering at Alice carefully. Cvetka raised an eyebrow; she had wondered about that herself, but what would it mean if Nim could also go far away from her?

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/13/2016 2:46 PM

Alice flushed, and frowned; "I don't see you coming up with any ideas" she said sarcastically. In truth, she had forgotten about the distance limit. Her demon could only go a few yards away from her, and the treetops were way out of that range.

Cvetka was relieved; she knew Nim was attached to her by her heart, and she didn't want him wandering off. She wasn't entirely sure he wouldn't take it with him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/13/2016 2:48 PM

Cvetka looked up at the hollow tree's canopy, and trembled remembering how high it had been. She sighed and steeled herself; she knew what was going to be required of her.

"I'll go - I'll go up, and look around" she said, feeling queasy at the thought of being that high up again. Nim turned to her and regarded her with a knowing expression, but did not say anything. However, Cvetka could feel a sort of satisfaction coming through their connection.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/13/2016 2:51 PM

Cvetka sighed; it seemed Nim was not content merely making her uncomfortable. Nim gave a little snort as he read her thoughts, and a feeling of amusement came back to her through their connection. She frowned at him, but he ignored her, focusing on Alice instead.

Alice was very unsure about Cvetka's decision, remembering how she had been whilst securing the canopy. "Are you sure?" she asked, doubtfully; "I'm sure there's another way we can go about this."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/13/2016 2:53 PM

Cvetka sighed, and nodded her head sadly. She didn't want to do it, but she couldn't think of an alternative - at least, she couldn't think of a quick alternative. They were running out of time, and she didn't want to tarry here too long. She dreaded the thought of whatever the humans at the temple were doing - they might even be raising that monster at that very moment. She ignored the tremble that passed through her at that thought, as well as the snort of amusement that came from Nim.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 12:25 PM

"I'll do it in the morning though" Cvetka said, cocking one ear up at the sound of the rain.

"It's too dangerous to do it in a lightning storm" agreed Nim; "why, you might get barbecued!"

Cvetka frowned at the little creature; it seemed to enjoy the thought of her death, yet she could feel feelings of protectiveness coming through their connection; it was all very odd.

Alice scowled and nodded; "I wouldn't expect you to try to climb in bad weather again" she said. She sighed, and lowered her eyes; "I wouldn't have asked you to at all, had we not needed a roof desperately" she muttered.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:43 PM

Cvetka smiled at her; she knew Alice had been worried. "It's all right, it was necessary" she said, ignoring the feelings of amusement from Nim. She grimaced at the memory of being high up in the tree. "I admit I don't like heights, but at least I'll get a good view from up there" she muttered. She hoped her newfound climbing skills would not fail her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:46 PM

Cvetka lowered her ears as she thought about her climb. Alice sighed, but nodded her head resolutely. "We should get to sleep then" she said, stretching out on the sleeping platform. "We'll need plenty of energy tomorrow" she said, pulling a blanket over herself. Cvetka too curled up, but shivered as she heard a crash of thunder outside their tree.

[42]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:47 PM

Cvetka lowered her head and put her chin on her paws. She didn't want to whine, because she felt silly about it. She couldn't help being afraid of the thunder, however. With every loud crash, she began to shake more. She gritted her teeth and tried to ignore the storm.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext