Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Playing Around with Death [Private, Teen]

Postby SpringsSong » 02/23/2008 4:45 PM

[For Arri and I]

Human form

Mahj was out here in the Swamp outside of an old, abandoned hospital.  He stumbled around a slight bit; he had just recently taken up drinking as an escape from explaining to his young daughter that she didn't have a "mother"; rather, just two fathers.  It also troubled him that she was a demi-goddess, but that was unavoidable.  He had, after all, bred with a God.  He, being a mortal, had lowered the god-blood from the Chaos god.

However, he wasn't here to meet the Chaos god, but rather; the God of Death, Tristan.  He missed the god he had met in the realm of Death back when he met Arrikanez; he quite fancied him, actually.  He had been far more gentle than Arrikanez, and he certainly wouldn't try to suffocate him in a kiss like Arrikanez had.

He sighed as he looked into the abandoned hospital.  He wondered if the Juridian God would be inside there, so he nibmly stepped in.  "Tristanis?  Are you in here?" He asked, grabbing onto the wall with his long golden nails.  God, he head was spinning so much, it was a wonder he could even talk right...

{22}
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/23/2008 4:48 PM

Tristani was there. But he hadn't been before. Deep in his realm, he'd heard the voice, the call of the one he had promised himself to. Mahj-Ano. A gentle touch. A breath. A soft caress. It was all there was of him for a moment, before he materialized in his true form. Right now, he had his cloak and cowl well over his head, hiding all features but his beautiful black eyes. Those eyes were glowing softly red. Not scary - not to Mahj. But it probably would be to anyone else. A cough. He was ill - always ill. That was the pain he had to endure as Death. A never ending illness that worsened with each soul he took. It had been going on for years upon years. And if he finally DID die from the thing, a new Death would be chosen. Just as it had been when Tristanis himself was put into that position. Regardless, it wasn't bad enough to affect him all too terribly much yet.
His arms slid around Mahj, and he tightened his grip just slightly, letting him know he was there, and he'd heard him. He couldn't speak just yet. Wouldn't speak. His voice was null here. For now. All he could do was speak into the other's mind. Telepathic communication.

~ I'm sorry I did not come sooner, my dear one. I had not heard you call until now. You look awful... But I'm here now. ~
[EDITING SIGNATURE PLEASE HOLD]
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 424
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/23/2008 5:00 PM

Mahj gave a sigh of relief as Tristan appeared and wrapped his arms around him.  "I... I missed you so much, Tristan... I thought I was never going to get a chance to see you again..." He said, leaning against the Juridian god's arm as he said, "I felt just as awful as I look, Tristan.  Part of it... is my fault.  I... I can't face her... she wouldn't understand..." He said, tears coming to his purple eyes.

"I... just can't face her.  She has too many questions... questions I am not ready to answer.  At least, I'm not ready to answer them because she wouldn't understand... even if she is part Juridian..." He said quietly.

{23}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/23/2008 5:40 PM

~ Those questions... The answers to those questions... You should have Arrikanez speak with her. Being a demigod... It can't be easy. Especially seeing as power - in all its forms - is a corruption in and of itself... Last thing you want is your daughter corrupted. ~

Tristan stroked back Mahj's hair, and closed his eyes, holding him close. He didn't really know what to say, or what to do. But it hurt him so badly to see that Mahj-Ano was destroying himself over such a trivial matter. even if it wasn't quite so trivial.

~ If you allow her other father to speak with her, I'm sure things can be arranged... You don't have to take this burden on yourself alone, Mahj-my-love. It is just as much his fault as yours. ~

Tristan's hand snaked down under Mahj's shirt, and rested over his beating heart. He wasn't going to take him. But after dealing with Death for so long - finding something living was soothing to him.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/23/2008 5:53 PM

Mahj sighed as his eyes rolled up inside his head as Tristan rested his had over his heart.  He found his body leaning more and more into Tristan as he let out a sigh as the other stroked back his hair.

"Will Arrikanez allow her to speak with him, though?  When our children were born, it seemed like he didn't much what anything to do with any of our children... I don't even know what my two son's names are, much less what they look like..."

He sighed as he felt himself slip down to the ground.  He was fairly tired right now, and the fact that he was drunk--although his speech didn't show it--was only making the matters worse.

{24}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/23/2008 11:44 PM

~ Arrikanez sometimes has his own agenda. But this time, what is stopping him from becoming involved is fear. He is afraid of failing. Of failing you, them, and himself. He may seem like a self-righteous flirt, or a passionate psycho, but there is one thing you must understand about him in order to understand his motives. ~

Tristanis paused here, and moved his hands up to slide across Mahj's throat, then down to the shoulders to massage there. As he worked the muscles in the other's shoulders and back, he also cleared up the worst of the drunken stupor. Allowing Mahj to think clearly.

~ For all his shape shifting, cocky attitude, and power... Arrikanez is still a child. He is younger than I. As a matter of fact, he is the youngest of all the gods here. You see, unlike Evelon's gods, Juridian gods are chosen from among mortals. When Arrikanez was chosen, he was probably around thirteen years of age. An unprecedented move for the previous Chaos god to make. But make it he did, and now poor Arri is stuck in this world of lies, deceit, and confusion. ~

His hands moved back down to the chest, and he nuzzled into the other's throat from behind, taking in his scent.

~ Put yourself in his shoes, Mahj. Thirteen years old, and you are dying. But as you are taking your last breaths, new life is forced into you, along with that life's memories, feelings, and questions unanswered. So what is a young boy to do to combat all that confusion and heartache? Lie. Cheat. Steal. Flirt - anything he can to get his mind off of his real problems. And a loneliness that he'll never be able to fill. ~

Tristanis looked up, and smiled as another walked into the picture - Dejar. Mahj's second son, the Demigod of Passion.

The youth was handsome. Jet black, soft, long hair. Beautiful crimson eyes, pale, pale skin. He was dressed all in black, and had his hair pulled into a ponytail. Why had he come here? Something had called him to. Like his god-of-a-father, he tended to follow his original instincts, his gut feelings. And this time, they had led him to the person he'd been searching for. And he knew who he was almost immediately, if only because of a picture he had in his mind of his second dad. Pausing, he took his hands from his pockets, and leaned against a wall of the hospital, watching the exchange, When it was clear that Death was finished speaking, he approached, wind lightly blowing his ponytail about as it whipped through the empty hallways.

"Father?"
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/24/2008 4:45 PM

"Thirteen?"

This was said in a tone of disbelief as Tristan massaged his shoulders.  So the male he had met with before had, at one time, been a mortal just like he was.  Knowing that now gave him a newer appreciation of the Chaos god.  As his mind cleared, he listened to Tristan's words carefully.  So... if Arri hadn't been chosen to be the God of Chaos, he would have died?

"I... I would have gone insane had that been me, in all honesty... I could barely take my grandmother's death, much less having foreign memories forced into my body as I'm dying--"

He looked up as the term "Father" was spoken.  He stared at his second son for the longest time before he would dare to say anything.  He wanted to make sure he had taken in his son's appearance before he spoke.

"Son..." He said quietly, taking a couple steps closer to the other boy.  Where he'd gotten the jet black hair from was beyond him, but the eyes were most certainly from Arri.

{25}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/24/2008 5:03 PM

Dejar closed the distance fast, and buried himself in his father's arms, curled close. The color slid off his hair as if it had just been lying there, and he was left a blonde. Then a redhead.... then black again... then silver... then gold. It was a constantly shifting thing. More colors passed before Dejar looked up at his father, and smiled. He looked tired. Exhausted. There was little to nothing that looked healthy about him. As if he'd not slept. Not eaten. Not been taking care of himself. Which, looking at how self-destructive Arrikanez was, wasn't too far of a stretch.

"What are you doing here, father? I came because something called me... but I didn't expect to see you here! I've been looking for you everywhere!"

He hugged him again, and calmed, just standing there, resting against his father's chest.

"Can we sit down somewhere? I'm... admittedly a little tired...."

Tristan watched, and motioned to an empty room that still had to beds in it. With a snap, they were clean and ready to be used. Truthfully, BOTH Dejar and Mahj looked like they could use some sleep.

~ You should take his advice, Mahj... ~ Tristan agreed. ~ Both of you look like death warmed over. If you'll pardon the expression. ~

He chuckled a bit at his own joke, and gave both of them a disarming smile.

~ I'm not here to hurt him, young Dejar. Or you. You'll be safe with me. Why don't you relax for a while? ~

Dejar didn't QUITE trust him, but decided to believe him for now. After all, he hadn't shown anything different... yet.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/24/2008 5:13 PM

Mahj smiled as he said, "I was here to come see Tristan.  Just before you were born, Dejar, your father took me into Tristan's realm, and Tristan offered me a gift." He said, wrapping his arms around his son.  "And I agree... I'm tired myself." He said, moving over to one of the beds and sitting down on it.  "Where is your brother?" He asked curiously.  "Your sister, Yereitia... she's always asking me about you and your brother." He said as he slowly convinced himself to rest his head on the pillow.

{26}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/27/2008 9:09 PM

"I've visited her once or twice... In dreams. I doubt she remembers much of them. It's a shame, really. She doesn't realize how powerful she is..."

He trailed off, and just hugged his father, snuggling close to him.

"Oh, how I MISSED you, dear father... You have no idea how long I've been looking for you. I've perfected my talents, and am ready to be the son you deserve. I've done a good bit of looking into you, and... well... I have to say I'm never going to be ashamed to have you as my mother... father.... whatever."

He laughed at the slight dilemma in names, and sighed, breathing in his father's scent, and letting it linger over his tongue, and be taken up into his sensory memory to lodge there for eternity. He'd never forget his father again.

"I did miss you so terribly much... and my other father too..."

He pulled back, and looked toward Tristanis, before glancing back to Mahj quietly.

"I can't stay long. I have matters to attend.... Passion never rests, after all... I WILL come see you again, you can count on that."

With that, he bowed, smiled, took his father's hand, kissed the back of it, and vanished.

Tristanis watched the exchange silently, then approached Mahj, and curled close to him, sliding his hands down to his chest again as he slightly hovered, closing his eyes. He was pressed against him now, chest to back. There wasn't much he had to say. So he just let his fingers do the talking.
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/28/2008 6:14 PM

Mahj gave a tiny smile.  "I'm sure if she tries hard enough, she will remember her memories of those dreams.  Not too long after she matured, though, she vanished... I have not seen her for a while now." He said before Dejar kissed his hand.

And just like that, he was gone.

When Tristan's fingers began to wander up and down his chest, he gave a small sigh of happiness.  "I missed you far too much in the time after we met the first time, Tristanis.  My thoughts were... were ever dwelling on you..." He said as his eyes slowly closed.  The rest would do him good.  It would do BOTH of them good, actually.

{27}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainbowfox Ari » 02/29/2008 1:12 AM

~ Dwelling on me? ~ he parroted in question. ~ Why? I am certainly not one to be obsessed over... I was simply kind to you... And attracted to you, which I supposed helped the kindness... ~

He still couldn't get over the fact that Mahj-Ahno was willing and ready to accept Death as a lover. Something that Tristanis had never experienced. While he was thinking, his fingers played along Mahj's collarbone, throat, and upper chest, settling over the heart for a moment, feeling the beat. He closed his eyes, hand still where it was.

~ You are.... so warm. So gentle. So good. It almost seems to me as if you may have made a mistake. I am none of those things. I am cold, often cruel, and not what many would consider a good aspect to life. Death... But you chose me, regardless of what I am... Why? Is there something in me that I am missing? ~
Rainbowfox Ari
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 02/29/2008 12:03 PM

Mahj thought for a moment.  That was actually a rather hard question that Tristanis had asked him.  Why was he so drawn to him?  What was it that drew him to the god of Death?

"It was because you are so kind to me that I can stand to say I can look Death in the eyes and not be afraid.  I felt a very important relative of mine die--felt her blood come up into my throat--but I made it through.  You offered me someone to turn to--Arri didn't do that."

He sighed as Tristan's hand found his heart.  Just to feel that touch was something that made Mahj's heart soar.  His eyes closed again as he spoke quietly.

"No one else has ever offered to come to my side if I spoke their name.  No one else had even bothered to tell me they were attracted to me, save for you."

At this, his eyes closed slowly into a peaceful sleep.

{28}

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate