Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

.Dark Waters and Rare Flowers.

Postby Kittyms » 09/29/2007 4:36 PM

ImageImage

Sadira------------------------Lucian

A young Destrei Kuhna strode through the swamps, his paws thickly encased with mud. He was on a mission - to find a rare species of flower about which he was writing a book. It was important that he get a few pictures of it, so he had brought along his camera, and a pencil and some paper for notes, observations and sketches.

Lucian stopped when he came to a massive pond, its waters dark and murky. Tentatively, he began to step into the shallows, but then noticed a ripple across the surface. Frantically backpedaling, he barely managed to get onto solid ground before an Aqua Penticorn emerged, horns gleaming in the sunlight, it's eyes blazing with the fire of the hunt. Disappointed that it had not managed to capture a victim, it snorted in frustration.

"Watch it!" Lucian hissed, claws extended. "What are you doing? Trying to kill innocent passerby?" He was trembling with fury and fear. The Penticorn grinned, its head turning toward him.

"Yes," Sadira said. "I'm in my element here. No one can prevent me from doing what I want. Especially not a wimpy little Kuhna like you." Still, she stood in the shallows, water dripping down her flanks in little rivulets. Weeds had caught in her mane, and added to the effect of a swamp monster.

Quickly, the sharp little Kuhna's mind began to work. He needed to find that flower, but if Sadira was ambushing creatures, and drowning them, there was the very real chance that she would get him. It would be in his best interest to discourage her first. "Perhaps we could come to some agreement?" he asked, dropping his satchel containing supplies, and sitting down on a rock, making sure that he was a fair distance from the water.

[Sadira: 1, Lucian: 1]

Kitty's Breedables------The Menagerie
"Control yourself; take only what you need from it." ~Kids by MGMT
Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 986
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 09/29/2007 5:29 PM

Sun Leaflet

A streak of bright yellow flashed over the brown muddiness as she ran.  The whole area was dirty, muddy wet.  Drops of water fell off of leafs and into her pelt.  Strangly, the water flet refreshing.  And the dirt coating her feet, well, it wasn't unwelcomed.  Mindle was a weird sort of girl.  Dirt had never bothered her, and she douted it ever would.

She needed that flower.  She just had ot find it.  THere was no way he'd live if Mindle couldn't find the flower.  He just couyldn't die, he just couldn't.  'Hold on Ian, hold on!' she thought.  

As Mindle ran, she saw a blur of blue among the mud.  Stopping, Mindle decided to investigate.  Maybe they knew where the flower was.  As she got nearer, Mindle heard that the Peniticorn was talking with a Kuhna.  He'd said somnething about an agree ment.  Mindle's mind jumped to the flower.  Maybe he had it.  It was certainly rare enought to trade for.

Mindle wandered into the clearing.  "What's up?" she asked casually.  If she got in on the convesation, maybe she could find out what he was trading the flower for, if he even was at all.
Its 2:45, the baby takes his first breath
The mother never knew he only had a few left.
And the father gets a call in the middle of the night.
His breathe gets short and his chest gets tight.

But he’s sixteen and he’s driving too fast
Takes a turn to the left, it would be his last.
Nobody knows what happens if he turns to the right
Nobody in the car would have died that night.

But he’s thirty-two and invincible
The cancer that he had, it was visceral.
He never saw it coming, though he had his whole life.
Sick in the morning and he died in the night.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 88
Donate
Location: How do you say 'under your bed' in a way that's not creepy...

Postby Kittyms » 09/29/2007 5:50 PM

Instantly, Sadira's head whipped toward the newcomer. She smiled sweetly, and instantly Lucian was on his feet, sensing trouble coming. "Why don't you come enjoy the water? It's quite comfortable." The Penticorn backed up a little until the water was up to her knees. Her voice had an almost trance like quality, like a siren's song.

"Don't listen to her!" His flaming red tails swirling, Lucian raced over to the Sun Learf, hoping it didn't follow Sadira's advice. "Stay next to me, and don't go anywhere near the water," he warned, glaring at the Penticorn. He turned to look at the Sun Learf. "What's your name, and why are you here?" he asked, gently. "I'm Lucian, and that's Sadira." Hearing her name, the Aqua Penticorn snorted, and retreated further back into the murky water.

[Sadira: 2, Lucian: 2]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 09/29/2007 6:08 PM

"Uh, I'm Mindle.  Nice to meet you.  I'm hear, well, you see, my friend and I, we were traveling, and then Ian got sick.  I, I diodn't know what to do, so when I ran into this strange Fenling and asked, she said that only this rare flower could cure him.  So now I'm out looking for it.  Um, what's up with her?" Mindle asked, looking over to Sadira.  She had seemed nice enough, but, well, with a warning like that, you could never know.

Mindle stepped up towards the water, puting herself between Lucain and Sadnira.  If they were fighting, that made one of them right, and one wrong.  Mindle was probably safer with the one that was right, but, which was that.  "What are you fighting about?" she asked, still standing in the middle of the two of them.  She would pick sides after hearing the full story.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/29/2007 6:19 PM

"Don't worry about that," Sadira said quickly, seizing her chance. "Just come and wash that mud off of your paws. You must be awfully tired..." Once more her voice became silky smooth, and Lucian felt his fur bristling.

"Stop it!" he cried, slapping the ground with one paw, helpless to stop the Penticorn without risking his own life. "Leave Mindle alone!! Don't go toward her, Mindle, she's dangerous!" At this, she assumed an innocent look, that seemed to say "Who, me?" This only made Lucian madder, his teeth grinding with fury and frustration.

Then, a thought struck the Kuhna, and he looked at the Sun Learf with new interest. "Wait, you say you're looking for a rare flower? It couldn't possibly be Dendriphicus minimus? The Miniature Radion Flower?"

[Sadira: 3, Lucian: 3]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chaotic Mind » 09/29/2007 6:38 PM

Hail = The Hydrolisk
Dyna = The Batti
Battlefield Hydrolisk
Venom Batti

The sound of scales pounding against mud can be heard near, but somehow, it also sounded far away. The odd sound was also accompanied by a tail rising up and slamming against the mud. The hydralisk that was ran out of the salt water oceans by his family had chosen to live in the muddy waters of the Baian Swamp.

"I still don't see the reason I decided to live HERE" Hail said to himself in a confused tone. "I don't see how anyone could live in this swamp...." he whined to himself. "That's why they don't." a nearby Batti said as she landed on the Hydralisks shoulder. "Ah god.. don't tell me you followed me" Hail said, seeming already annoyed. "Yep, all the way, all 5 days." Dyna said, still not noticing the hydrolisks didn't enjoy the winged rat's company. "Why don't you find some other creature to annoy?" He asked as politely as he could, which was hard, at the moment. "Because then you couldn't be my friend!" the pest said  as comforting as she could. "Wow, I feel soo lucky." The hydralisk said sarcasticly. "You should feel lucky!" Dyna said, not realizing he was being sarcastic.
<center>Image<br>Cursed Hydrolisk</br></center>

Ire

Hydralisk
Chaotic Mind
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 103
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 09/29/2007 6:56 PM

Mindle became suddenly excited.  "Yes yes, that's it!  The  Dendriphicus minimus!  That's what that crazy Fenling called it!  Why, what do you know about it?"  Mindle walked back over to Lucain, ignoring, for the time being, Sadira.  If he had the flower, she was going to get it, no matter what.  The Panticorn hadn't mentioned it, so, right now, there was no reason for Mindle to trust her.

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/29/2007 8:10 PM

Twitching her ears, Sadira turned to face the direction from which the sound of talking could be heard. It seemed there was a Hydrolisk and Batti chatting together nearby. Relieved that the Penticorn was being distracted, Lucian hastily explained. "I'm here in search of that flower, because I'm writing a book about it. So, I wanted to find a wild specimen, and take a picture of it. It was said that they had powerful medicinal properties, so if we find one, I'm sure it would be able to help your friend!" His tails twisted with excitement, and the firey tips flared with light.

Without a word, Sadira disappeared into the pond, submerging all of her body save for her nostrils, which she held above the water, much like a hippopotamus. Then, she waited. Waited for Lucian or the Sun Learf to slip up, or for the Hydrolisk and Batti to come over here. To their peril.

[Sadira: 4, Lucian: 4]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 09/29/2007 8:17 PM

[center]Image

Technic

White eyes gazed from above the gentle waters, as webbed claws paddled slowly in the water. A long tail, with glowing symbol intact, soundlessly flicked back and forth, kept silent by the muddy water. With one fluid movement, a black creature dived farther down into the water, contemplating about what he had just witnessed. A Kuhna, a Penticorn, and a Learf were talking...at least, the Kuhna and Learf had been. The Kuhna had been fighting with the Penticorn. And by the sound of it, the Penticorn had been asking for it.
Should he interfere? It really wasn't his place, but Technic, for that was his name, loved mischeif and games. He was a medium-sized Hydrolisk, of the color Cursed. Was it his fault such hate and pain tried to possess him? But Technic soon learned to control this force, to use it to his advantage. So, without making a single ripple in the water, Technic pushed himself forward with a powerful beat of his tail, and he quietly snuck behind the Penticorn. He looked into the posterior of the Penticorn in front of him, then, silently, raised a claw to pull on the poor beast's tail. With one strong yank, he dived deep underneath the water, as quickly as he had appeared.

{1 Poor Penticorn...hee hee...Technic just had to do that. xD}
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby Kittyms » 09/29/2007 8:25 PM

"What the --?" Sadira spluttered, feeling a sharp tug on her tail. Instantly, her ears pinned back, and she plunged her head under the water, seeking the offender so that she could deliver retribution. A transparent inner eyelid slid over her eyes, protecting them from the particles that drifted through the mucky swamp water. But it was so gloomy that she found she couldn't see more than a few feet in front of her. Snorting with frustration, she surfaced again, and continued waiting. But this time, one ear was cocked back, listening for any sound behind her.

Lucian looked over at the Penticorn just as she submerged. Puzzled, he watched as she reemerged, and continued waiting, only a little more alert toward her back. It struck him that something under the water must have disturbed her, and he smiled, amused that Sadira, who claimed to be master of the water, was being bothered in her own environment.

[Sadira: 5, Lucian: 5 --- level up for both]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ghostlily » 09/29/2007 8:32 PM

Technic let out a snicker, but it only came out in a few bubbles. Called herself master of water, did she? Technic was probably more at home in water than she was, seeing as he had all the things needed. Webbed feet, long tail for swimming, lungs that could take in enough air to let him submerge for at least an hour...He was a master at swimming, yet it was in his nature. Technic watched, for he also had a second eyelid, as Sadira glared around in the water, then resurfaced. Should he let himself be known? Yes, he would...but in a most ingenious way...

With a few powerful beats of his tail, the Hydrolisk went shooting upward. It was about time he got a breath, anyways, so this wouldn't bother him at all...He broke the surface, now only a blur. Doing a master flip in the air and diving back into the water with barely any splash, he resurfaced, laughing with glee.
"Hello, hoovsies. How are you today?"

{2}
ImageImageImage

Heaven's gates won't open up for me
With these broken wings I'm fallin'
And all I see is you.
Ghostlily
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 166
Donate
Location: Sittin' on my butt, at the computer...why where else would I be?

Postby Chaotic Mind » 09/29/2007 8:36 PM

"why can't you ever go bother some innocent little, oh I don't a Gorgeel, so you may hopefully get eaten, or maybe a sahound so you can be there new chew toy?" He asked with no emotion. "Because they scare me!" Dyna said as they continued walking forward, not noticing lucian bured under the muddy water. "Well, are you afraid of Cuniflare? maybe a Rengosett?" He asked with much curiosity. "No... of course not.. I just like picking on big things" Dyna said defendingly.

They stop right infront of lucian, the hydrolisk slapping a shot of mud into the creatures nostrils. "hmm.. theres a hut up ahead.. maybe we canget some food!" Dyna said. "Hopefully its poisoned.." Hail said responding immediately. "Oh don't be like that." Dyna said "Maybe the owner is very hospitalible." (Is that the word im thinking of?) "Or maybe its a baby Torken that needs something to roast and eat. You know roasted batti wings are delicious." Hail said, trying to scare the Batti off. "Oh, I know they are! I simply adore them with some Janan tartar sauce! Oooo! can we get some later! You've made me hungry!" Dyna said, fantasizing about food. After those words about Dyna eating her own kinds wings made Hail sick to his stomach, so he just kept his mouth shut, continuing to high-step through the mud.

Ire

Hydralisk
Chaotic Mind
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kittyms » 09/29/2007 8:42 PM

For a moment, the Penticorn gaped, then she pinned her ears back, and lunged for the pesky Hydrolisk. "You!!" Her teeth bared, she reached for his throat, hoping to drag him under and drown him, whether he had webbed feet or not.

"Sadira!" Sensing that she was heading for trouble, Lucian tried to get her attention. "Don't!" He wasn't sure what would happen if she and the Hydrolisk got into an underwater battle, and he was sure it wouldn't be good.

The Destrei Kuhna's cry distracted the Penticorn for a split second, and she whipped her head toward him. Pure hatred radiated from her eyes before she swung her muzzle back to face her foe - the Cursed Hydrolisk. She pulled up her upper lip, and opened her mouth, baring her teeth. "You're going to drown," she hissed threateningly, then lunged for his throat once more.

Snorting, Lucian wiped his muzzle off, and glared at the Battlefield Hydrolisk, secretly wishing that Sadira could drown him instead of that Cursed one. There were too many of those vile reptiles around here for his taste. Baring his claws, he growled, "Do you want to fight or something?" at the Hydrolisk's back.

[Sadira: 6, Lucian: 6]

Kittyms
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Chaotic Mind » 09/29/2007 8:54 PM

No, if I am, I am not meaning to "god mod" I am just simply putting two alternatives for if Hail missed the lunge, or if he Hit the Penticorn straight on.

"Take the Batti!" Hail instantly reached for Dyna and threw her at the penticorn, then dove under. The water stayed still and silent, a second passed, then another, 3, 4, Hail instantly shot up, and lunged for the Penticorn, whom hopefully got distracted by the Batti. If the Hydrolisk missed the Penticorn, then he dove back under, and popped up behind her, near the hut 7 seconds later. (If the Hydrolisk DID manage to grab the Penticorn, then he dove under with it, forcing it under someone came down to seperate them.)

Dyna was furiously trying to nip the Penticorn all over with her small, needle-like, fangs, tshe then flew off into a tree that was nearby, to avoid damage if she had not recieved any, or to nurse herself if she had. "That Penticorn is mean.. what'd we ever do to it.." Dyna whined to herself. "We were just gunna see if the owner of that hut was hospitalible..." She said so Lucian could hear. "No need to attack us.. we mean no harm!" she said sadly.

Ire

Hydralisk
Chaotic Mind
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Roxianna » 09/29/2007 9:29 PM

Mindle watched as they fighted.  Hoping up onto a tall branch of a tree, she shoted at the top of her lungs, "STOP IT!!!!  CCAN'T YOU SEE THIS CONSTANT FIGHTING IS TEARING US APART!"  She was desperate.  Ian was dieing, and Lucian knew how to save him.  She had to get to that flower!

Wasted
Cartel

My Pen. ~.My Breedable's
Roxianna
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Next