Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: Rain, Rain, Don't go - Stay! {Open - Max of 3 others}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/14/2009 4:02 PM

A voice calling "Hello!" snapped Silva back from la-la land.  His ears perked and searched for the voice again.  A small smile formed on his face.  'More people?'  he thought to himself.

"Hello!"  Silva responded, tails wagging once more.  He couldn't pinpoint their location or species due to the sheets of rain falling every second.  He wondered if they could be another kuhna.

{60 = lvl 13}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby Draco » 02/15/2009 2:22 PM

A snake like head peaked out of the bog, watching the group. It was a carpet fang, but a massive one, a few sizes too big. His name was Viper, and he was on the hunt.

Image Void Carpetfang

Name: Viper

Species: Carpetfang (L) (+ 1=H)

(1)
ImageIf you wish to live, I have a few life rules for you:
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
3. Don't anger me. Trust me, there are less gruesome ways to die.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 219
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/16/2009 8:29 PM

Allie grinned to the newcomers (unaware of the Carpetfang). "I'm Allie. 'Sup?" She called out to them, tails wagging. "Hey." Ty said. Suddenly, he thought he saw something move. He turned his head and saw a carpetfang nearby. Only it was much larger than any he had seen before. "Hey guys...look over there." He was staring in the direction of the large creature, hoping it was friendly.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/16/2009 8:36 PM

The huge serpent hissed a little before coming above the water, rearing back. He swayed a little, judging if they were a threat or not. When he determined them more or less friendly, he spoke. "I am Viper, and you are in my territory."
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/16/2009 8:55 PM

"Territory?" Bludwin had heard of pets that lived in territories before, but he'd never met one. Living in a swimming pool (as he thought of the pond back home) hadn't prepared him too well for this excursion. "Um...Sorry?"

Geist hadn't noticed the Carpetfang at all. She was examining the mud as if she'd never seen it before. Which she hadn't. She'd lived in places with permafrost before, but never permamud. Was that even a word? (Of course, she thought all this in German, but it's easier to explain in English.)

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/16/2009 9:02 PM

"None of you seem like you even belong here." Viper hissed, half of his body on (Not-so) dry land.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/16/2009 9:27 PM

"Well, I don't know about everyone else," Bludwin said calmly, "but my Snowball friend and I are here to explore the outside world a little more. And I for one do belong here, being a water creature. I'm Bludwin, by the way."

"Nicht dass Sie baten," Geist snorted. Apparently Bludwin's overeager tendencies could never be completely suppressed.

"And this is Geist." Introductions out of the way, Bludwin backpedaled through the mud until he was next to Geist. "Don't draw attention to yourself," he hissed. "You don't want to get eaten."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/16/2009 9:49 PM

Viper looked at the group, wondering why they would want to come here anyways. "Well, as tasty as you look, I do not feel like sushi." He said, looking at Bludwin.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/16/2009 9:55 PM

((Eep!  Fell behind slightly x.x; ))

Silva hadn't noticed the sneaking carpetfang until he was pointed out.  His body became tense with curiosity more than fear.  He didn't know about the others, but a Carpetfang wasn't a common sight for him.  And to find one here of all places made him slightly on edge.

"Um...your territory?"  He laughed with caution.  "It seems I was denied that information."  He joked, hoping he hadn't made the serpent called Viper angry.

He kept his eyes on the large snake, praying he wasn't being viewed as a possible snack.  He then recalled Viper's earlier words, saying that they looked to not belong here.  'Not belong here?  Where does one specifically belong?  I don't think that could be answered correctly...'  He thought silently, not daring to confront Viper about his remark.  It was just like him, putting more thought into things than were needed.

{61}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/16/2009 10:19 PM

"So, why are you here? This isn't exactly the... safest place to be." Viper replied, coming fully on land.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/20/2009 3:55 PM

"Exploring." Allie grinned, not seeming to care about how unsafe the place could be. Ty nodded. "We wanted to get out of the house for a while. Oh, and sorry about being on your territory and all." He apologized. "Yeah, we didn't know." Allie added.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/20/2009 5:58 PM

"Obviously. If you lived here you would have stayed away if you were predator, and feared me if you were prey." Viper hissed, still reared up so he was towering over the rest of them. He was a little arrogant, but he had a right to be, and all the scars covering him were proof of that.

(1)
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/20/2009 6:10 PM

Allie shrank back a bit not even realizing that she was doing it. She was still somewhat intimidated by the carpetfang even though he didn't seem to mean them any harm. "Er, I'm Allie. Nice to meetcha!" She was grinning. Ty stood silently next to her, waiting to see the carpetfang's reaction. It didn't seem too unfriendly although didn't appear to be in the mood for conversation either.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/20/2009 6:57 PM

Like Allie, Silva shrunk down in a submissive action under the towering Carpetfang.  He wasn't entirely sure where he fit exactly on the food chain....especially in this place.  But he was certain that this guy was a good ways above him.  He laughed nervously, slowly inching out from under Viper's shadow.  

"Umm...well, I'm neither a threat or prey to you...so...can we overlook this little incident?"  He smiled nervously, hoping Viper would agree and start fresh.  Well, this was turning into quite the trip.  Not even a full hour in and already he'd met so many others, some nice and others...not so much so, but it was a start, right?

{62}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/21/2009 12:41 AM

Viper chuckled a weird hissing kind of chuckle. "I won't eat you, nor will I kick you out of my territory. But I will watch you as long as you are here, just to make sure you aren't damaging anything."

(2)
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext