Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Rain, Rain, Don't go - Stay! {Ended}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/08/2009 2:51 PM

Silva ~~~ Posts: 51 ~~~ Level: 11

"Boy, was that sign spot on!"  the small Elder Kuhna laughed.  He was referring to the sign that was located at the starting path into the Baian swamp.  It had clearly read:

VISITORS MAY WANT TO PACK AN UMBRELLA - RAIN IS INEVITABLE HERE!  

Yep, it was no lie.  The rain was coming down in sheets!  Little did Silva care, though, for he was actually a fan of water.  Such a calming element; so peaceful and beautiful.  Yes, the very sight made his heart flutter.  

He sighed happily as the rain quickly drenched his silky pelt.  He could just feel all his worries being washed away, what little worries he had.  In fact, the rain was one of the main reasons he'd come to Baian Swamp.  There was certainly no shortage of it so he would be quite comfortable.  

His paws were already caked with mud from the quicksand-like soil around here.   With each step forward, he'd sink into the mud almost up to his elbows.  It was somewhat frustrating, having to go at a much slower pace than desired because of the mud, but he could look past that.

He wondered what sort of adventures would occur here.  Maybe find an unknown creature or maybe even another kuhna like himself!  Ah, what fun it would be to explore this place with a new friend!  Ever since he'd been leaving the pen more and meeting a few others, the idea of meeting new people and creatures no longer gave him much fear.  To him, it would be exciting!

{52}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Re: Rain, Rain, Don't go - Stay! {Open - Max of 3 others}

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/08/2009 5:46 PM

Numerous unknown sounds echoed throughout the swampy land.  A few times, Silva became spooked, but the rain quickly calmed his mind.  He remembered the last time he had encountered a mysterious creature in a place similar to here.  It wasn't a friendly one.  He just prayed that the creatures here, should they come in contact with him, wouldn't consider him a food item.

Coming across a small puddle, growing larger by the second, he playful jumped into it.  The water splashed in every possible direction, including up into his face.  Spitting out the foul water, he laughed happily.  It was like he had reverted back into a kit.  It was still a mystery, his affection for water.  

He hopped forward, hitting every visible puddle purposely.  Soon, he'd run out of puddles.  Jumping out of the last one, he landed hard in the soft mud with an icky glup sound.  He sunk in entirely up to his stomach.  

"Uh-oh."  He mewed, wagging his tails anxiously.  The silver flames danced wildly, unphased by the onslaught of rain.  He jerked hard, trying to free his legs.  No good.  He tugged hard again with a grunt.  Still stuck.  

"Ummm...this may not be good."  He whispered to himself.  

{53}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/08/2009 6:33 PM

Two kuhnas were walking through the swamp, not far from Silva. One was a kanua named Allie. She didn't mind the rain but seemed far from happy with the amount of mud all around her. She was stepping lightly, trying to stay clean without much success. The rain was splattering mud all over her. The hydrokuhna, Typhoon (or Ty as he preferred to be called), seemed much happier. He was grinning, loving the rain. The mud didn't seem to bother him nearly as much as his friend. He was humming quietly to himself. "Why did I let you drag me here?" Allie sighed. "It's just water. It's not gonna kill you." Ty replied. Allie sighed. "It's not the rain. It's all this mud!" She said crossly. Ty rolled his eyes and continued walking happily.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/08/2009 7:39 PM

As Silva struggled to free himself, something made his ears twitch.  He stopped and twitched his ears again.  He thought he could make out two different voices over the pitter-patter of the rain drops.  

"Others!"  He gasped happily, almost forgetting he was stuck.  He jerked towards the supposed voices, but still didn't escape the mud's grip.  His tails were wagging happily.

"Hello?"  he called out into the rain.  He would need their help if anything.  Maybe they were friendly.  

"Hello?"  He called out again, hoping they'd hear him.

{54}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/08/2009 7:45 PM

Allie was too preoccupied with the mud to hear Silva but luckily, Ty heard him. He stopped walking to listen and figure out where the sound was coming from. Allie, hearing Silva the second time he tried to catch their attention, stopped as well. "I think it's coming from over here." Ty said as he started walking towards Silva. A few moments later, they saw him. "He's stuck!" Allie noticed. She looked around, trying to think of a way to help him.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/08/2009 8:01 PM

A huge grin covered Silva's face at the sight of the two other kuhnas.  He was happy that they had heard him.

"Oh, hello!  So I did hear someone else!"  he chuckled.  He rocked wildly, desperately wanting to free his legs.  About a half-an-inch of dirty brown could be seen around the base of his body from where he had managed to wiggle somewhat loose.

Catching a glimpse of the female, a feeling of anxiousness lightly swept over him.  Females had always made him feel awkward and clumsy until just recently.  He hoped those days were past and he could act fairly normal around them.  He quickly chased the anxious feeling away and refocused on the pair.

"Think you can lend me a paw?"  He joked, seemingly not too worried about being stuck in the slimy mud.

{55 = lvl 12}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/08/2009 8:06 PM

Allie nodded. "Sure, hold on." She looked around for something he could grab on to so they could pull him out. Ty laughed and walked over towards Silva, careful not to get stuck as well. "She's afraid of the mud." He smirked and reached towards Silva so he could grab his paw. Allie rolled her eyes at Ty but gave a small laugh.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/08/2009 8:16 PM

"Mud's not scary."  He chuckled then smiled at Allie.  "It's only water and dirt."  Silva much prefered to be in wet dirt rather than wet sand, like he had been on his last trip.  The only problem was that it was a pain to get out of his fur.

As Ty reached out for him, he put all his effort into freeing his right paw.  A few moments of tugging and pulling finally freed his paw.  His right leg flew from the mud with a plop, sending tiny drops of mud forward.  He reached out and grabbed Ty's paw, trying to keep his grip firm.

"Sorry about that."  he appologized for his mud-covered paw.

{56}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/08/2009 8:24 PM

Allie laughed. "Yeah, I know." She jokingly glared at Ty. "I'm not afraid of it. I just don't like it." She laughed.

Ty smiled. "Don't worry about it." He pulled Silva out of the mud, which was surprisingly difficult. "I'm Ty, by the way. That's Allie." Allie gave a smile when her name was mentioned. "Nice to meet ya."

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/09/2009 7:37 PM

Silva laughed with Allie.  It was understandable, her dislike of mud.  

Silva let out a sigh of relief once Ty had helped to pull him free.  He hopped a few feet away from the mud trap and slowly began to scrap excess mud from his underbelly and arms.  He was quite a mess.  His whole body from his belly down was dark brown and foul smelling.  The drizzling rain helped to some degree, but he would need a nice soaking to truly get clean.

"Ah, late introductions."  He laughed playfully.  "It's very nice to meet the both of you!"  He bowed politely to each of them.  "You can call me Silva."  He flashed a warm smile.

"Thanks for the help, by the by."  He added.  He looked himself over with a sigh.  This mud would be a pain to wash out, but it didn't really bother him much.  

{57}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/09/2009 8:30 PM

Ty wasn't much cleaner than Silva but didn't seem bothered at all. Even Allie was rather muddy despite her efforts to remain clean. "So what are you doing here?" She asked. She was attempting to get the mud out of her fur with no luck.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/10/2009 6:18 PM

Ignoring his uncleaniness for the time being, Silva turned and smiled at Allie.

"Well, there's not much to do back at home so I decided on visiting the Baian Swamp."  He looked at Allie and, surprisingly, he didn't feel too shy.  He was beginning to 'loosen up', as the others liked to put it.  "Besides, I love the rain here!  It's so refreshing to me."  He chuckled, taking a small step forward.  He hit a slick spot and stumbled forward a bit.  Luckily, he caught himself before doing a face-plant into the mud.  He was still his ol' clutzy self.

The soft beat of the rain against everything made a calm atmosphere.  Their presence here also peaked his interest, as he thought most kuhnas would avoid coming to such a damp area.  So he decided to ask them the same question:

"So, what about you two?  Why come to Baian Swamp today?"  he purred happily.

{58}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 02/10/2009 8:14 PM

(I'm changing their colors. Way too similar. xD)

Allie smiled, giving up on cleaning herself. "I don't mind the rain. It would be nice if it weren't for all the mud." She laughed. "Same here, pretty much. My home is usually pretty boring." Ty said. Allie nodded in agreement. "I like it here." He added.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/10/2009 8:48 PM

(( xD ))

"Oh I hear ya."  Silva laughed in agreement.  "The mud I can do without."  He paused a moment to shake off some water.  It was beginning to weigh his fur down along with the mud, which was uncomfortable.  

"It seems like there's hardly anything to do these days..."  he drifted off.

{59}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 02/12/2009 9:56 PM

Bludwin paddled through the thick mud. Geist stomped along next to him, not because she was angry, simply because that was the way she walked. As usual, Kätzchen was slung over her shoulder. She looked curiously down at Bludwin's head. "Warum sind Sie schwimmend im Schlamm?" she asked.

Bludwin quickly translated in his head. "There's nowhere else to swim," he explained. Geist nodded. She could understand English, but she had difficulty forming the words, so she relied on Bludwin as a translator. Although he would never admit it, Bludwin saw her as his little sister, and she actually had a calming effect on him.

Suddenly, he spotted a trio of Kuhnas ahead. "Do you see them?" he asked.

"Jenes Kuhnas? Selbstverständlich sehe ich sie." She smiled--sort of. "Lassen Sie uns Gespräch zu ihnen gehen."

"Okay. I have been wanting to talk to someone normal." Bludwin plowed through the mud toward the Kuhnas. "Hello!" he called.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Next