Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Re: Rain, Rain, Don't go - Stay! {Max reached}

Postby Carlie » 02/28/2009 10:45 AM

Allie and Ty both jumped when the roots starting attacking them. Allie was trying to find a way to avoid them and Ty was slashing at them with his claws. Then, he saw the toy cat start moving. "What the-" He ran over to where Allie was now standing and let the plush cat take care of things. Once Cynder yelled to follow him, the two of them darted off in the direction he was running, quickly catching up.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.
It was always only you...

-TRUST FOR LIARS

zoo pen//wishlist//trades
Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 02/28/2009 1:12 PM

Silva was a bit taken back at the sight of Geist's plush cat seemingly coming to life.  Another charging root quickly caught his attention.  He dodged it as best he could on the slippery terrain.  

Once he heard Cynder shouting to run, he bolted out of there.  He spotted the running group down the small land strip and raced after them as fast as his legs could move.  He staggered slightly as the mud kept making his paws slide in mid-run.  Now that he was away from most of the dangerous roots, he recalled the moving plush cat of Geist's.

"W-was I the o-only one that didn't know that t-thing could move!?"  He called out to no one in particular in gasps of breath.  He knew that strange things could always happen, but when they did it sent him for a loop.  

{67}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 680
Donate
Location: Trying to integrate back into Evelonian society :,U

Postby Indigo » 02/28/2009 5:42 PM

(By the way, you can figure out what Geist is saying fairly easily using Yahoo's Babelfish translator. :D)

Bludwin half-ran, half-swam after the others. Geist scooped up Kätzchen, who had stopped moving and become a toy once more, and followed him. As they caught up, they heard Silva's question. Geist grinned in a somewhat feindish manner. Bludwin looked at her and shook his head.

"I didn't know," he said. "I probably should've known about it, but even with me she's so secretive...she could be able to read minds for all I know." He quickly cleared his mind. "Can you?" he asked Geist.

Geist shook her head. "Nicht," she said, "geht Schneeballmagie nicht das weit."

"Okay then." Bludwin was relieved. "I'm really not sure I want to know how you did...that...so let's just run faster, okay?"

They ran faster.

{6-6}

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Draco » 02/28/2009 5:49 PM

"No idea, but I sure didn't!" Cynder shouted, then skidded to a halt. A giant beast rose up in front, made completely out of roots. "Holy sweet mother of plant-based killing machines!"He shouted, backing up. It looked like a golem or ogre of sorts.
ImageIf you wish to live, I have a few life rules for you:
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
3. Don't anger me. Trust me, there are less gruesome ways to die.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 219
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 03/01/2009 5:49 PM

Silva hadn't noticed up until now that Geist was speaking a different language.  'Is that...German?' he thought to himself.  He was about to ask that question out loud until something large appeared in front of them.

"Ahhh!"  He shrieked and clumsly came to a stop, splashing mud up into his face.  He stood, mouth open in awe at the beast.  It was constructed out of roots alone!  And man was it huge!  It was safe to say that he never prepared for such an encounter.  He swallowed hard and took a few steps back.

He went to turn, hopefully to make an escape, but snaking roots were coming at them from behind.  His brain told his legs to move but they refused.  It seemed they were trapped.

{68}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Indigo » 03/01/2009 6:21 PM

Bludwin sighed. More plant monsters? Normally, he would have panicked, but he was already past that point. Now he was freakishly calm and everything was moving in slow motion--which made it more terrifying, but that was beside the point.

Geist managed to maintain her calm. Once more, she set Kätzchen down and whispered the words. Kätzchen again came to life and slashed at the golem-thing, but had little effect. Geist cursed under her breath (which wasn't necessary considering she didn't speak English) and released the animation.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Draco » 03/01/2009 9:36 PM

The massive golem reached down, going for the slikey. It was slow, but Cynder couldn't seem to move. He managed to blast it with fox fire, but the thing seemed to be fireproof! He was shaking violently, trying any spells he could think of. Though besides foxfire, his repertoire was severely lacking.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 03/02/2009 6:51 PM

Allie ran farther back and then stopped to see what was happening, her heart pounding in her chest. She could not recall ever having been so afraid of anything in her entire life. Ty, being the braver of the two, ran closer to the creature and used his Whirlwind attack on it.

When the lit match hit accelerant, we were just two kids back then. Words were few, we let our bodies do the talking for us both. Those days I felt less counterfeit, trouble hadn’t found me yet. Big city love, never sleeps until the skyline sun turns red.
It was always only you, I’m sorry there’s no proof of that, I’ll try to get back to the days you knew, I always told the truth.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 03/02/2009 10:38 PM

The wind simply glanced off the beast. "I am the guardian of this swamp. How dare you bring a fire maker into my domain!" It bellowed, its long and thick fingers curling around Cynder and lifting him up. He lifted the slikey to the height of his head, and opened his hand so Cynder was standing on it. "Um, sorry?"
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 03/04/2009 8:11 PM

When it came to battles, Silva was quite useless.  All he could do was to stand in slight shock.  When the golem monster spoke, he winced at its thundering voice.  It said it was a guardian.  A guardian?  Was a guardian really needed in such an untouched place?  These questions ran through his head like always.

"S-so you're a guardian?"  He questioned it in a shaky voice.  Unlike Cynder, he hadn't gotten use to the whole situation as of yet.  He still kept his distance from the beast.

Looking back, he noticed that the approaching roots had stopped only a few feet from the group.  They wriggled slowly in place, as if waiting for the guardian creature to give an order.

{69}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 03/04/2009 10:45 PM

Cynder took a few steps back, but it was useless since he was standing on the golem's hand. "S-Sorry?" He tried again, but the guardian just looked madder. "Giant snakes and guardians, what next?!"
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 03/08/2009 5:27 PM

((I suppose I'll go again xD))

"Um...mister...Golem?  Guardian?  Um..."  Silva stammered, not wanting to anger it any further.  His tails flicked anxiously as he searched for the next words he'd say.

"Um...I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we're terribly sorry for ...um ... disturbing your swamp."  He flashed a nervous smile, trying to appear as no threat.  

The Guardian glared down at the tiny Elder Kuhna, sending a shiver up Silva's spine.  The snaking roots wriggled closer to the group.  He swallowed hard and hoped that he hadn't made the situation worse.

{70 = lvl 15}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Carlie » 03/08/2009 8:52 PM

Allie was about to apologize to the guardian until she saw the look that it gave Silva. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea. She took a step back and was standing a bit behind Ty who looked a bit (but not much) less afraid. Her blue and purple eyes glanced up at him, trying to figure out what to do. Ty discreetly looked around, trying to find a possible escape.

-TRUST FOR LIARS

Carlie
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SkyWolf11 » 03/19/2009 7:24 PM

((Sorry for the wait - portfolios were killing me there for a while  X.X ))

As Silva stood there, tails flicking nervously, a large cracking sounded off to the right of them.  It caused him to jump, making him slip lightly thanks to the mud.  He whined softly to himself in frustration.  The mud was beginning to become a hindrance - one he could gladly do without right now.  

Another sickly crack made him jerk.  'Now what!?' he thought to himself.  He fought to see through the rain towards the direction of the sounds.  But his vision wasn't keen.  The rain had went from a steady drizzle to a full-blown flood!  It was forming large puddles in the mud and causing a white mist to form.  Silva shook fiercely, trying to keep the rain from weighing him down completely.  He squinted hard again, trying to see what was there.

The trees began to move, slow at first and then violently.  A large hand snaked its way over a tree's trunk, then with a strong tug, snapped it into.  Another crack from the break.  Silva swallowed hard as he watched the broken tree fall to the ground with a sloppy thud.  A very tall, fairly wide silhouette was all he could make out from behind the sheets of rain.  

"W-what is t-that!?"  He whined.  He only hoped that it was not another potential enemy.

((Strange post but yeah...  hope you can get something good out of it  ^^; ))

{71}
SkyWolf11
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draco » 03/20/2009 2:24 AM

A tail whipped out and crushed the legs of the guardian, tripping it. "Timbeeeeerrrr!" Cynder shouted, leaping off. He didn't know what caused that, but he didn't care.
1. Don't anger a dragon.
2. listen to rule 1.
Draco
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext