Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

.:.Who let the dog out?.:. (Open~)

Postby Kyrit » 06/19/2009 7:06 PM

A Kirund? Out in the swamp? All on its own? What was going on here...? And why was this one so... small compared to the others? Well, apparently he had no clue where his owner had gone. He was pushing his nose around in all the muck, flicking it off from time to time as he started to sneeze. Well, it wasn't like he'd really have much luck with this. All the water would keep him from catching any scent of said owner, and all the mud was just clogging up his nose.

Well, when one couldn't find where they were going... Why not have fun where you were? Obviously giving up on his search, the Kirund pup flopped over on his back and started to wallow around in the mud. Was this... really a blood thirsty beast like Kirund were portrayed to be? He seemed like any normal puppy, only the size of a great dane instead.

(Yup. That's right. I want one or two other people to hop in and join me. o3o The little guy above is named Runt.)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: .:.Who let the dog out?.:. (Open~)

Postby Moofius » 06/21/2009 8:19 PM

"Alright, we're here..." the lucain stood out like a lighthouse on a dark, stormy night. This guy was way bright, to the point of being silly. He wallowed through the mud, trying hard not to freak, it seemed. From the knees down his legs were a sickly brown-green coloured and without a definate form. Stupid swampy mud.

"Are we?" came a small voice, slightly muffled. There was movement on the lucains head and then a strangely coloured kuni peeked over, looking around.
"Oh WOWIE! Daddy! Daddy look! This place is... is...!" She was squirming with excitement, wiggling so much that... Oh my Xai're, she'd fallen off!
"Nandi!" Moopheus face was shocked as he turned his head just in time to see her silver bell disappearing under the water/mud. It was too thickly mixed in with dirt for him to see his daughter.
Without a second thought his face was in the mucky water and mud mix, just in time to miss Nandi coming up from the water further away and swimming towards him.

She laughed at the sight; her father seemed to be missing his legs and now his head. It was so silly!
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/21/2009 8:40 PM

The pup's ears gave a small twitch as he heard noises in the distance, his body freezing for a moment. Oh? Oh! There were other people here! It would have been a rather comical sight for anyone that was in the area to see him now, as his body flopped around a few times while wiggling himself free from the mud to jump up and start bounding toward where he had heard voices. His tongue lolled out the side of his mouth as he ran, mud and tiny bits of flesh flaking off of him here and there.

Whoa! He skidded to a stop, mud sploshing around in front of him, as the others came in to view. What was that thing?!?! It didn't have a head! He had seen many creatures moving around with missing limbs, but he had never seen anything that was still alive after its head was gone. It was so bright too! Maybe it'd make a good chew toy! Slowly, very slowly, Runt started to stalk his way toward Moophius, tail flopping back and forth behind him. He was about to pounce when something else caught his eyes. It sort of blended in with the mud with those little brown spots, but he could see her bright blue eyes and a tiny bit of white. Whoooa~ What was that thing? It had fins! Maybe there were more of those creatures around here.

Hopping forward a bit, Runt splashed mud toward them while letting out a bark. Maybe they would play with him!
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/21/2009 9:30 PM

Nandy climbed onto Moopheus back, giggling happily. This sudden weight had Moopheus head out of the mud in a second.
"Nandi! Oh my goodness I was so worried! Never do that again!" Mooph barked before shaking his head to "clean" himself. Mud splattered back into it's originally home, the left over mud on Moopheus left his face grown and green with bits of smeary blue and orange colours show through. The fur along his cheeks and neck stuck out making him look absolutely bizarre.
"Daddy~!" Nandi squealed, sitting on his back, getting him muddy... well, more muddy. Mooph shivered, barely hearing her because of all the mud in his ears. She seemed to be having fun.
"What is it, Honey?"

Nandi had heard the bark, had seen the weird, rotting creature. She wasn't scared of it.
"I discoveried a something already! We are very good adventures!"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/21/2009 9:54 PM

Oooooh! So it did have a head after all. Was sticking your head in the mud fun? He didn't think it would have been. After all, just sniffing around in the mud had clogged up his nose and was starting to dry up in it. This guy really was rather odd. He didn't even turn to look at him! Runt let out a whimper, wanting Moopheus to pay attention to him. They were a lot closer in size than the little one was, so it was only natural he'd want to play with the larger one. Nandi seemed much more like a chew toy.

Oh! Oh! But the little one was actually looking at him! He let out another bark, this one a lot more high pitch and puppy like. His tongue flopped out the side of his mouth as he panted happily. Inching closer and closer very slowly, his rump kept wiggling in the air behind him as the front half of his body stayed closer to the ground.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/21/2009 10:20 PM

Moopheus shifted over to see behind him better, wondering what on Evelon Nandi was talking about.
"...!" Nervously Mooph stepped away from the kirund, his ears back. He knew what kirund were meant for, what they're suppose to be like. That panting was deceiving; making him look friendly. Moopheus wouldn't fall for that.
"Nandi we have to... Nandi?!" but there was only a thick, squelching sploosh; Nandi was gone, ringing the bell on the end of her tail. It didn't ring.

Nandi flopped around awkwardly, trying to grab her bell while avoiding Mooph who was leaning forward, trying to pick her up.
"Daddy I don't wanna' go! Let me play!" He hadn't said 'we're going' but she knew her dad well enough to know what the look in his eyes meant.

Mooph huffed, spluttering mud as he tried to grab his daughter. Why was Evelon so dangerous? Why did Nandi have to be so... So... So much of a thrill seeker? Well... maybe more of a magnet for danger. Kirund were experiemnts, not wild pets! What was one doing here all alone?

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/22/2009 8:40 PM

Whoa! Chew toy was on the move! They made moving chew toys? This was so cool! One big big puppy to play with and one chew toy. Maybe they could even take turns chewing on the toy! Wait... Maybe it was the other guy's chew toy. He seemed to be chasing after it, so maybe he'd get mad if he tried to take the toy for himself...? Or he could catch it and hand it over to him!

Deciding to just wing it, Runt dashed forward toward the other two beings and.... apparently decided to try to do a belly flop on the large, blue and orange one?  There was a slight warning before he 'attacked' though, as he let out a howling bark. Oh boy! This was going to be so much fun~ None of the other Kirunds ever played with him back home, so maybe he'd actually find a friend out here. One thing he might ought to have thought about though was the spikes on Mooph's back. If he did actually land on top of him.. well, those might hurt just a tiny bit.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/22/2009 10:53 PM

Mooph lifted his muzzle out of the swamp, turning to look at the-!!!
"AH!" the lucain dropped low, flattening his wingblades (so they were spread out and laying horizontal) to try and keep from harming the kirund. He might be terrified but he wasn't going to accidentally kill it because it was stupid. Thank Yepha it was stupid.

The time given to Nandi while her dad was trying not to kill a kirund the kuni cleaned out the bell with her claws before ringing the bell. The sound was loud and near heavenly. Was it even possible for a bell to make such a loud, pure noise as this? There still had to be a bit of mud in there, and yet the sound was amazing.

"ME TOO!" she screamed, jumping at the Kirund. She was still covered in mud, her markings hidden, but Nandi was no longer a squeak toy size.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 06/23/2009 12:29 AM

Aww~ He wasn't stupid. He was just young. ..... Very young. Okay, okay. So maybe the fact that he had been rotting from birth meant that he was losing brain cells very rapidly. It wasn't like those cells reproduced after all. Maybe that was why all of the Kirunds were so willing to obey whatever master actually managed to get a hold of them. They seemed... easy to manipulate so long as you knew the right methods. They were just mangy mutts after all.

Runt was about to lick Moopheus's face when the bell started to chime. He.... didn't seem to enjoy that very much at all judging by the pain filled howl that he let out. Oh thank the gods that it had finally stopped. That noise... It made his whole body feel like it was falling to pieces.

Next came a rather loud, surprised yelp. Oimohe, save him! They had brought reinforcements?! Oh... wait. Why did this one look so much like the chew toy? And why was the chew toy missing?
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 06/23/2009 5:30 PM

Mooph strained to keep his head above mud (why did he has to find the deep spot, why?) while his nose was viciously assaulted by the smell of rotting flesh. And ugh! It was tasting him! He was going to die here in this disgusting, muddy swamp and nobody would ever find his body because his colours were all covered in mud.

"Nandi!" Mooph called. He would have said more like:
"Nandi, get out of here! Kirund are dangerous and will eat you! Your daddy loves you!"
But a kurind (small, but still big) plus a full grown mekkayena (who was actually suppose to be a small kuni but she'd obviously felt the need to be a mekka to... not play, right? Oh man!) on ones back is a lot of weight, even if you are a lucain. Moopheus was down in no time flat and the mekkayena was now playfully pushing at the kirund.
"Off of my dad!" she barked, still sounding playfully rather then actually mad, "I wanna' play, but not on top of my daddy!"

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/03/2009 1:51 AM

For the first few seconds, Runt was kicking and wiggling, trying to throw the other canine off of him. It was one thing when you were on the top of the pile, but it was quite another thing when you were sandwiched between two strangers. Once Nandi was off of him and trying to push him off of the Lucain, Runt calmed down a bit. Well, calmed down in the fact that he wasn't trying to struggle to free himself. Instead he playfully nipped at Nandi's paws and rolled off of Mooph, landing in the mud.

Gross. He had probably left green fur and scales all over Mooph's back. Maybe even a few tiny slivers of flesh even. It wasn't like he had meant to do it at least. Even for a Kirund as young as he was, they were rotting. They lost flesh, fur, and scales all the time. It was a miracle that he had kept his tail for so long. One would think that with all the wagging it would just sort of finally break and fly off.

Now off of the Lucain, Runt rolled back on to his feet, facing Nandi. His muddy green rump was much higher than most of the rest of his body, which was still lowered against the mud. Letting out a yip, he nipped at her legs while his rear wiggled about in the air.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Draconial » 07/05/2009 4:18 PM

Xar

About fifteen feet away from the three canines, a Magistrey lighted on a lone tree. It silently observed the group, waiting for the right moment to drop in. They seemed like an interesting group, with a puppy-like Kirund, and a shapeshifting Kuni. Xar had not seen something like this since.... well, he couldn't remember. He picked a berry from the tree, and sliced it with his beak, so the juice could escape easier. when he saw the Kirund sandwiched between the Lucain and Mekkayena, a trilling chuckle escaped his beak. With that, he quickly shrunk into the branches, hidden in case the creatures heard him.

*Hope you don't mind if I join!
When you can make your own universe... Who needs this one?
Draconial
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 37
Donate

Postby Moofius » 07/05/2009 5:33 PM

"GAH!" Mooph pushed his head up out of the gunk, struggling to get his bearings. Shaking like a dog, mud going everywhere he shivered. He was still alive. The lucain was about to relax a little but when he saw his daughter being "attacked" he puffed up, the fur was clumped together awkwardly making him look really scary. The only thing bright on him were his gums a teeth, his lips pulled back threateningly towards the kirund. Hurt his daughter, would it? Yah, you keep thinking that.

One huge, muddy paw swatted at Mooph, which had him slightly winded. His attention turned to Nandi (she was so big as a mekka) who was frowning as best a mekka can.
"Daddy, be nice. He's just playin'." she said before squealing when the kirund caught her paw, to which she retorted by gently biting the creatures muzzle, always giggling.
He didn't know how to tell her that the kirund was a dangerous, insane sort of creature.
And clearly they weren't alone. Something had laughed, in the trees.

Why did Nandi want to explore? Why?

(( I'm cool with you joining? XD))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 07/10/2009 12:34 PM

(Sorry for the wait. Didn't know we had a new person. XD If you would've poked me, I'd have posted sooner. I don't mind you joining at all. Just... Sorry if I sometimes get slow with replies.)

The moment that Mooph puffed himself up in a threatening way, Runt sort of skittered away a few feet, tail tucked between his legs and his body crouched to the ground. The easiest way to describe the sight was that of a wolf cub running from one of the pack members so that it wouldn't get shredded to pieces from annoying an adult.

This didn't last long though, as once Nandi came to his aide he bounced right back to his playful mood. It was then that he had managed to catch her paw, which he thankfully didn't bite hard at all. There was probably a bit of pressure, but not enough to hurt in any way, let alone cause any bleeding. It wasn't Nandi biting his maw that pulled him away, but instead it was the laughter.

He had quickly turned about, nose held high in the air as he sniffed for whatever else was out there. It had sounded like a bird. Birds were cool. There weren't many birds back home though...
[Posts recorded]
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 08/03/2009 4:29 AM

Whatever it was remained quiet and Nandi was glad to take advantage of the kirund's distraction by tackling him, pretty much blind siding him and poking him in the rib. Quite literally poking a hole in him and poking him in the rib.
It was then that Nandi took notice of his rotting.
"Heeeeey~" She sound, not sounding frightened, just confused, "You're missing pieces, how come?" she asked, continuing to poke him in her mekka form, prodding at the already exposed bones of his rib cage.
"Don't it hurt? Does it feel weird wit' mud inside you like that? Can you eat, what do you eat? Can you taste? Are you deaded? Are you UNdeaded? Wanna' explorered with us?!" Nandi asked, wagging her tail as quickly as she could through the sludgy mess of the water she was now sitting in.

Mooph had also been searching for the laughter's owner but when Nandi asked if the kirund wanted to join them.
"No, no no NO! Nandi he's not safe!"

(( Bleh, bad post. ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next