Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Postby Kyrit » 11/30/2009 2:18 AM

Go for an... arm...? But aiming for something's arm wouldn't kill it. A four legged beast could always make do on three legs. In fact, some once four legged animals had even managed to adapt to using two legs after the loss of other limbs. So... Why was the little mechanical bird thing telling him to aim for a leg? While utterly confused about why he would do it, the Kirund did listen. His maw dug down in to the mud, snapping around to burrow down toward the arm of the Hydrolisk. Finally closer enough, he lunged forward slightly and snapped his jaws tightly.

With any luck(good for the Kirund, bad for the Hydrolisk), he'd get a good enough grip on the arm that either Nandi would be released or he could just rip the darn thing off. If the Hydrolisk turned to attack him, Runt would be more than happy to just rip his arm off to get away without being torn in to himself. Sure he couldn't feel pain all that well, but it was still instinct. If his fangs did manage to connect with the arm, he certainly wouldn't be letting go until he saw the Kuni safe no matter what harm came to him or the aquatic beast.

(Such a sucky post. xD; Anyways, basically he's gonna try to latch on to the Hydrolisk's arm. And will refuse to let go if he does manage to snag it.)
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Re: .:.Who let the dog out?.:. (Open~)

Postby Moofius » 11/30/2009 3:47 AM

Mooph jumped off the hydrolisk, realizing that the corbine was right in that he could be causing more harm then good.
"What do I do, what do I do?" he gasped, trying not to cry before pushing his head under the murky water and grabbing the hydrolisk by the tail. Well he could try to hold the scaly bugger.

---

A nagging, annoying pain from his captive; the hydrolisk would have laughed it there wasn't a sharp pain in his tail and a sharper pain in his arm. His grip on his meal loosened and he could feel the kuni wiggling away. The hydrolisk hissed, rolling so his side was slightly exposed and his other arm was free, free to reach up and try to claw out the kirunds eye. He knew that their ability to feel pain was limited, but if he could blind the unholy creature maybe he could get away. He probably wouldn't get his meal but he'd escape with his life (and hopefully all four limbs).

---

Nandi wasted no time when the creatres grip relaxed. Wriggling and squirming the kuni got out from under her attacked and pushed herself off of the grimy ground. She pushed herself above the water and started gulping down air with her lungs. Oh sweet, sweet air.
"Haa! Ah! ... Daddy!?"
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 12/02/2009 5:01 PM

Alice still circeled over the 'battleground', scanning the mud arround.
She felt sorry for the Lucain, who seemed close to tears.
//There!// She spotted Nandi, who just made her way back to the surface, close
to the fighting ones. Swooping down a little, she yelled at both Moopheus and Runt
"It's okay, she is fine! Let go of that thing!" She did not think that
the Hydrolisc would try to attack again, once it was free, but rather
get away as fast as possible. She still flew a little lower, now hovering over Nandi,
in case the reptile would, against her assumption, try to grab the little Kuni again.

Adam still followed the happening from his Log, still not wanting to interupt or get too
close to Runt.

(Sorry, sucky post :(
My dog god badly injured by another dog today, and
we're not shure if he'll make it.
I'll call the 'pet hospital' tomorrow,
but till then we have to wait.

so...sorry, I'm not that concentrated)
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 12/11/2009 7:32 AM

Unable to spot Nandi right away, Runt didn't instantly let go. When the Hyrdolisk struck out at him he tried to get out of the way while still latched on to the arm. Needless to say, this didn't go very well. Distracted by the sound of the Kuni's voice, he didn't manage to move enough in time. He wasn't injured badly, but the claws of the aquatic beast had managed to catch his face slightly. One had put a pretty good scratch on one of his eyes. It wouldn't cause permanent blindness, but it was bleeding pretty badly for the time being and would take a while to heal and be able to see out of again.

Yelping(from the lack of being able to see out of that one eye, not pain), Runt let go and run toward Nandi. It was better to stay near her and keep her safe least another beast come in and try to make away with her while they were fooling with the Hydrolisk than to keep fighting it. Surely it would be smart enough not to try to come after her again while he was next to her.

Whimpering, the Kirund began to paw at his bleeding eye. What an irritation. Maybe he was like the other Kirund at all. After all, it wasn't likely that one blind eye would keep a grown Kirund from fighting. Then again, he was still a puppy. Pups tended to freak out a lot easier than adults no matter what species they were. Also, he had only planned on fighting until his new buddy was safe again.

Looking up at Alice, he gave a small growl. It wasn't that he hated her or wanted to eat her. Nothing even close to that. It was merely a simple warning that he was with Nandi now. It was understandable that he would be protective over her right now even toward someone that seemed to want to help. In the state of mind he was in, it was hard to tell who was really a friend or not. He could barely even see the Corbine currently.

(S'okay Shadow. It's understandable.)
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 12/17/2009 1:13 AM

(( It's alright Shadow. Sorry about your dog, this is late but I hope your dog (he she?) is alright. D8 ))

The hydrolisk felt a sort of... pop or tearing or something, whatever it was he didn't stick around long to find out why his arm hurt so and, because of the adrenaline pumping through his veins he over looked the fact that he was missing a good chunk of his arm. The hand and the arm right up to the elbow had been... torn off, yeesh. All that was on the creatures mind was, at the moment, escape with his life, not necessarily all four (five with his tail?) limbs.

(( Hydrolisk is oooout? D8 Fer nao? Maybe? 8B Hydrolisk: First level up! High five! -offers bloody stump- Awwh! D8> ))

---

The limb was dropped, lost to the swamp when Runt yelped. The limb only hindered Mooph's movements towards his daughter for a fraction of a second. At least his daughter wouldn't see that... Although the grissly, torn affair of the kirund's eye was not something he wanted to his daughter to see. But it was a little too late.
"Nandi! Nandi are you alright? Did he hurt you bad? Are you bleeding?" he was panting, panicing as he started licking the muddy water off her slicker, kuni skin. At least she wasn't a snicky. A mix of relief and lingering panic made him laugh, "Oh you're okay... Haaha..."

---

After catching her breath she started looking around. Who was the bird? Why was the kirund whining? What had she-
"DADDY!" She squealed, clinging to her fathers muzzle, "He scratched my belly a-a li-little... It kinda hurts," She frowned but soon smiled. She couldn't help it, Daddy's tongue was so ticklish, "S-stop! I-it ti-tickles! EEEE hee hee hee!"

(( Om nom FAIL! D< x3x;; ))

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 01/03/2010 7:05 PM

(sorry, I somehow...forgot about this one ^^'
my dog is okay again...he looks like frankenstein but at least he lives^^)

Alice's stomache made several backflips when she saw the injury on Runt's eye.
She normaly was not fazed by any sort of injury, but when it came to eyes...
oh well. The only relieve she had that Kirund could not feel paine. Still,
it looked mean. After he growled his little warning, she flew higher
and landet on a branch again. She understood completely why he
did that, and waited patiently untill everything setteled.
Then, she carefully raised her voice. "Is she really okay?" she asked,
wanting to make shure that the cute girl had no trauma or shock after that attack.
"My name is Alice by the way...this is Adam"
Adam slowly stalked towards them, bowing his head in greet.
He guessed that they by now understood that they ment no harm for Nandi.
He however still kept his distance to Runt...

(sorry for grammar, its like...12.pm here in germany XD)

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/08/2010 1:02 AM

Starting to slowly calm down, Runt pawed at his eyes a few more times. He didn't understand what was going on with his eye. Something like this had never happened to him before, so he didn't realize why he could only see half as well as he could before. Some things looked fine, some were blurred, and now he couldn't see anything to his left. Were something to walk up beside him from that side, he would probably lash out at them without realizing he did so out of reflex.

Obviously pawing at his eye wasn't going to fix anything though. Setting his paw back on the muddy ground, Runt looked over at Nandi and Mooph. She seemed fine at least. A little shaken at first, but fine. Oddly enough, he didn't interrupt the two of them. Maybe he could actually realize that the two of them needed some time at the moment?

While he was waiting, the Kirund pup sat down and looked toward Alice and Adam, head tilted to the side slightly. He still wasn't sure if he should trust them, but he wasn't going to attack them at least. They didn't seem to be doing anything wrong after all. Maybe he'd wait to see what Mooph's judgment of them was?
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/12/2010 10:03 PM

Mooph laughed, looking shaken but relieved. Nandi, his daughter, was safe and that was all that mattered; nothing in this world mattered to him as much as Nandi did. She was hurt but not enough to really caused her serious harm; a scratch here and there.
With the kuni clinging to his face he turned his head so she could rest on his back which was the closest part of his body to being clean and mud-less.
"You sure you're alright?" he asked, again, licking her face which had her giggling again.
"I'm okay, really. But..." She was looking at Runt, a frown on her face, "Yer eye is all wonky are gross and bloody and... gross! Are you okay?"

Mooph winced when she saw the eye, again. More maddening then the mangled eye was the fact that the kirund didn't seem to notice, or well, it wasn't in excruciating pain. How could it not feel that? The whole creature was wrong, it was so wrong on so many levels; Moopheus' dislike for that strange medical clinic was on the rise.
He allowed himself to turn his attention away from the abomination to try and assess the new comers. The kirund, as gross and disgusting and wrong as it was, seemed to like his daughter (and maybe himself) enough to not feel an urge to try and kill them. These two, however, he did not know of until after the fight broke out and knew little of them.

The corbine had been of help but the gyrraptor was... a bit more of a mystery. The fact that he, two, was wrong (he had wings!) did not sit well with Mooph; maybe if the location was something a bit friendlier and the air didn't still have the lingering odour of a fight...
"She'll be fine... Nandi is tougher then most and there doesn't seem to be any terribly deep wounds. I'm Moopheus and my daughter is Nandi..."

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 01/20/2010 3:08 AM

"Good to hear" Alice cooed honestly. "whew...that was quite a shock.
but at least no one got... ...hurt" The last word was spoken in a monotone
and dull voice when she saw Runts injury. She looked at Mooph apologizing,
and hopped to a lower branch. She was now much closer to Runt's head,
wich made her a little nervous, but she wanted to be nice. She now was
in sight of the Kirund. She wasnt shure if he would snap if he heard a voice
out of a, for him, blurred or completely black area.
"hey there" she said softly. She wasnt shure if he could understand her,
let alone talk...but there where other ways to communicate.
"Does it hurt....I mean do you need help with the eye?"
she asked. Alice was no too familiar with Kirunds, and thus
was not shure if he really felt no pain, or if the Injury needed medical
attention.

Adam meanwhile felt the urge to say something, since Alice got distracted.
He slowly aproached them, but still kept his distance. he could sense that
he was not fully trusted, and he couldnt blame Mooph for that...
"I'm sorry if we scared you when we bolted in so suddently" he said in
his calm, ray voice "But I can assure you, we dont mean any harm to
you or your" short hesitation "Doughter". Being the silent type, he sounded a
little stiff, but friendly. "allow me one question tho...I hope I dont sound too curious,
but what where you doing here in the swamps?" //It's not like...the perfect playground for children...//

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 01/23/2010 5:23 PM

As Nandi spoke, the pup's gaze turned back to her and Mooph for the time being, head still tilted. Her concern seemed to confuse him. Most of the time if you lost a rib, patch of fur, or anything else back home, no one really cared. Well, Taxikoth would do repairs sometimes. What he could fix at least. Some things grew back on their own as well, while others didn't. If you were broken, you were defective. A Kirund with say, only two legs wouldn't last long back home. The others would run it off, keep it from eating, or possibly even kill it. Honestly, if he hadn't been kept so close to the higher ups back home, he probably wouldn't have been still alive. He was defective. He was small, didn't fight, and now he was partially blind at least for the time being. But... even so, he didn't understand her concern. It was natural for something broken to be thrown away.

No sign of pain was shown in the least though. Instead, his mouth opened in a smile of sorts, tail flopping back and forth behind him as if to say, 'I'm fine! Nothing wrong at all!' Well, nothing was wrong for him at least. He'd be fine back home. Probably lay around for a few days instead of roaming around and wait to see if his eye would work again. Or maybe Eivr would take him to Taxikoth in hopes it could be fixed. This sort of thing usually grossed even her out, so she'd probably want it fixed so she wouldn't have to see it.

Tail still wagging, Runt looked over at Alice. So Mooph didn't mind that one... Well, it was smaller. Smaller usually meant less chance of harming another being. What about that other thing though? It looked like it had some pretty good claws to fight with. Ah well, the Lucain wasn't attacking, so Runt was content with letting them stay there. More people meant more fun after all.

The small bird was just as confusing at Nandi though. Hurt? Really, he didn't even know the meaning of the word. His good eye blinked, the bad one trying to do so as well though it didn't look quite the same. Well, obviously he'd be fine. Who know, maybe he'd even had worse wounds before.
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 01/23/2010 6:01 PM

Mooph winced at the question, he had to wonder why he'd allowed this.
"Nandi insisted on an adventure and I'd thought she would have wanted something a bit more... tame. Unfortunately she picked... this place." He couldn't deny his little girl anything though... Well after this little episode...
"We're adventures!" Nandi yelled, standing up on her fathers head.
"Are you all adventures too?" she asked, looking around at the group they'd assembled, "Wes good adventures, Daddy, wes got a group of adventures!" Nandi seemed to be over her minour scratches and ready to continue their "adventure".
"I'm sure they all have their own things to do, Honey," Mooph said, looking at the kirund with distate. Okay that thing had nothing better to do, but Alice and Adam couldn't just be here to be here, right?
"I'm really sorry for involving all of you... Are either of you hurt?" Adam had been in the fray for at least a little while but he hadn't complained of injury as far as Moopheus could tell.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 03/18/2010 6:38 AM

(whoa sorry guys, I was gone wayyyy too long...I'm going to drop out so you can
play on ^^)
Alice chuckeled at the question if they where adventurers too. "Well...sort of, you could say"
she answered. She just wanted to say that they had nothing better to do, when her gaze
fell back onto Adam, who looked as if he was listening to something carefully. //ah, thoughtspeach...
I forgot...// She always thought that it was a little scary. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid we DO have
to go back" Adam said, sounding slighty concerned. "Oh...okay." Alice sounded slightly dissapointed,
but turned back at the others. "well then, it was nice to meet you all. Take care!"
and with that, both of them took off,and flew back to theyr Den...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/04/2010 11:46 PM

(I've been procrastinating since I have so few roleplays left to reply to. T ^T)

Mooph was correct. Runt didn't have anything better to do. Not while there wasn't anyone trying to get him to go back home at least. Some members of the house were probably quite happy he was away for the time being. Someone did have to clean up any blood he left behind after all. Couldn't let it just sit around and stagnate.

As the other two took off, his head tilted to the side once again. Didn't they just arrive? He had been starting to accept their being there too... Oh well. That large one was a little creepy in his opinion. Especially after having to get rid of that last pest trying to take away his new playmate. The smaller one seemed too fragile to play with too, as if her she'd break the first time he touched her.

Turning to Mooph and Nandi once again, his tail flopped around and he let out a small bark. They wouldn't leave him now too, would they? He had been having so much fun!
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Moofius » 05/06/2010 9:54 PM

Nandi watched the other two leave, waving one short stumpy arm frantically, “Bye bye! BYE! Have ad good adventurers!” She cried happily,  tail smacking against the back of her father’s head. This constant smacking of his skull was making it hard for him to think straight.

“Ugh maybe... Maybe you should go too... kirund.” Mooph said, earning an unexpected smack to the face from his daughter.
“Nandi! I taught you better then THAT!” Mooph growled up at her, gently nipping at the fin on the end of her tail as a warning.
“Daddy! He’s really nice! And he’s adventurering with us now! He’s real nice, really! So we should go and and adventure with him! Besides, he helped save me, so we should let him hang wiff us. Yup yup!” Nandi wiggled, one small clawed hand patting his forehead, “And I’m sorreh, but yer being rude to my new friend when he has’n done anyfing wrong; only done everything right.”

It was true, what Nandi had said. The kirund was a... kirund but he hadn’t done anything wrong. In fact he HAD saved his precious daughters life. What could he possibly say to convince Nandi he was bad, or even really convince himself? As much as Moopheus didn’t want to admit it, the kirund seemed genuinely.... nice.

Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 05/16/2010 1:50 AM

Go? His head tilted in the other direction now, looking at Mooph in confusion. He didn't mind going somewhere. After all, who wanted to stay in the same spot all day long? But.. did the Lucain mean go as in leave? He didn't seem too happy currently, especially after his own daughter gave him a nice little smack. All of this was completely beyond the young Kirund, not understanding what the two of them were fussing about.

Sitting there patiently, or rather as patiently as he could since he was wiggling about with tail flopping around, Runt waited until the two of them were quiet for a moment. Were they done fighting now? He hoped so, that way they could keep exploring. This place seemed to have so many interesting things in it, such as these two for example. Very interesting indeed.

Running up to the Lucain now that he was silent, the pup gave him what was probably meant to be a gentle nudge yet turned out to be only slightly rougher. He then licked his face and pounced around them for a few moments. Probably trying to tell them something? He didn't keep this up long though, as he darted away from them past a few trees only to eventually stop and turn around, looking at them. Maybe he was waiting for them to follow to make sure he wouldn't be adventuring alone?
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext