A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: The Alpha Of The Omegas: Part C (E)(P)

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2021 11:32 PM

At first, he wasn't sure what woke him, though he was aware that the sounds around him had quieted. Occasionally, a slight rustle could be heard, or the snapping of a large twig, as if a large predator was stalking it's prey somewhere nearby, and Cassus kept himself very still and tried to keep his breathing quiet, heart hammering in his chest.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2477
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/29/2021 11:35 PM

Whatever it was seemed to be coming closer; the rustling noises picked up in frequency, and the volume of the sounds around him seemed to diminish until all he could hear was the sounds of being stalked from the shadows by an unseen assailant. All of his senses were straining, reaching out for any information that was available.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 12:32 AM

Cassus stiffened as the tree he was in began to shake, as if something was running itself against it, and a tough sawing sound filled the air. His every muscle tensed, and he began to shake as the fear took over, until a picture of Borealis and the pups came to the front of his mind.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 12:48 AM

The thought of them having to make it alone if he didn't come back filled him with more fear than his own current predicament, and the rage came upon him, filling him with fury. He didn't realise the low rumbling growl was coming from himself until the sawing noise stopped, and he looked down over the side of the branch.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 12:53 AM

Whatever this thing was, it was clearly a predator, and as it gazed up at him Cassus snarled, nose crumpling as his lips drew back to bare his teeth.

The creature was very long, and had several pairs of eyes on either side of the crescent-shaped horn on its head, which it has been using to scrape at the tree he was in.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 12:55 AM

It reared up and planted its front legs against the tree, almost reaching his branch, and sniffed the air, opening its jaws as if to taste him or to catch him if he fell. It was large enough that he could have ridden on it, if it had been tame, and he felt his rage grow as he stared into its eyes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 12:59 AM

His fur began to glow, as a shadowy aura engulfed him and his eyes glowed bright as he snarled at the creature, which instantly settled at the base of the tree in a seated posture and tilted its head, as if puzzled. It sniffed the air again, and then lowered its head, as if it were posturing submissively.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 1:07 AM

Cassus snarled again, the rage inside of him still unsatisfied, and the creature flung itself on its side and rolled over to expose the smooth underside of its chest and belly, which were coated with small cream-coloured scales. It whimpered, and bared its throat to him, and something in his instincts recognised the submission for what it was.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 1:09 AM

The glow and shadows around him did not diminish, and he kept a low growl as he slid down the tree, not noticing that the bark shrivelled away from where his claws wounded it. He approached the creature carefully, stalking it like it was the prey this time, and it whimpered again and shut its eyes.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 1:13 AM

He stood, and though his face still bore a scowl his glow calmed and dimmed, returning to his usual colours, though the shadowy aura did not yet diminish. He raised his hand, and gripped the creature's belly, resisting the urge to drive his claws into its flesh even as they returned to their normal length, as the aura faded into him.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 1:16 AM

It whimpered again and made a low rumbling sound which caused its chest to vibrate under his hand, as he walked towards its head, finally ending with its throat beneath his palm.

The creature opened one of its eyes and looked at him, chirruping, and rolled slowly towards him until it lay on its side with his hand on the side of its neck.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 1:19 AM

He noticed absent-mindedly that it resembled Ebele in its general elongated shape, and without thinking he rubbed its neck affectionately. The creature let out another deep rumble, almost resembling a purr, and thumped its tail on the ground in a passable imitation of a canine companion, though granted it was much bigger than any of the canids he had seen.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 1:22 AM

He held his breath as he raised his other hand and rubbed the creatures snout, careful to avoid the sharp edges of its horn, and it crooned and pushed its head further into his hand.

Suddenly, the creature yelped as if in pain and pulled its head away from him, though it did not attempt to stand or move from where it lay.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 1:27 AM

He placed one hand on the side of its head to keep it still, and examined the place he had touched it when it yelped; it seemed to be slightly swollen, with a small puncture wound just behind its eye, which was half-open and weeping. A trail of moss across its face showed where it had rubbed it, in an attempt to soothe the painful area.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 01/30/2021 1:30 AM

He moved his hand to rest on the creature's neck, to keep it in place, and reached into his pouch for the jar of moss he had gathered earlier, hesitating only for a moment before opening its lid and smearing the soothing pulp onto the creature's face, being careful all the while to avoid its eye.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext