A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Never Too Far (Private | Me/Krypto) PG 13

Postby Middy » 07/10/2009 7:42 PM

Titus Rivendare had been bored... being cooped up in the same city for days on end not having any contact with the outside world, with the exception of Sable of course. He had much disdain for the living, as far as he was concerned they were lower lifeforms then him. Something to be extinguished just for the hell of it. His muzzle turned to a grin just thinking about it....

Then again all his pondering got him wound up in some strange forest... well that was unexpected. He shook his head getting a better look at his new surroundings, it was a forest alright... one decorated with differently colored lights at that. Titus chuckled to himself, he would remain in Lucain form for the time being unless he found someone else wandering around. He was much better skilled in combat as a human, now if only he had his skeletal horse with him. That couldn't be helped now.

He jumped up onto a rock, overlooking a river that flowed down towards a waterfall. Might as well relax a little, not that he had to or anything. He locked his sights on one of the crystals he noticed on the other side, soft magenta lights acting as his eyes focused on the thing. How interesting...
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/10/2009 10:26 PM

A sleek, light colored Lucain padded through the forest, flitting between the trees. He'd be living out here for a while, hiding out. Why he was in the forests in the first place? Well he'd raised too much attention in the nearby towns, causing trouble at nighttime, doing various things. It was a wonder he'd managed to evade the locals and their futile efforts to hunt him down. A dark smile crept up his maw. Maybe tonight he'd sneak back into the town, and cause a bit more trouble, as a human of course. There was a certain someone he had his eye on for a while now...

His ear twitched. Someone... or something was in his forest. He stealthily made his way towards the intrusion.
The intrusion didn't seem... human, nor alive for that matter. He did not know why he thought that way, only that he knew.

He paused by the river, his blue eyes gleaming through the dark cover of the trees. Who was this strange Lucain?

[1]

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: Never Too Far (Private | Me/Krypto) PG 13

Postby Middy » 07/10/2009 11:20 PM

Titus yawned slightly, his ears flickering just a little as he heard a rustle nearby. He started to growl very low, looking around in a poised position. "Who is there? Some creature of the living?" if the answer was yes then he would be very annoyed. He had come out here for a reason... then again maybe finding such a thing would prove as entertainment for himself.

Titus got up, stretching his front legs out then moved around, just below the tree. His glowing like 'eyes' focused for anything that was moving up there. He was more then ready to face whatever was here, nothing spooked him in the least with the exception of his master, Menethil, of course. He placed his paws on the tree, arcing his head up for a better look.

This "thing" had to come out sometime.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/11/2009 5:40 PM

Art flicked his eyes towards the Lucain. Creature of the living eh? He almost laughed. He didn't know what he was, nor how to reply to such a question, but he'd have to humor his 'guest' and offer up a reply.
"Creature I may be, but one of the living... Ah I would not know." Art growled out from his perch up in the tree.

He stretched his legs out, then leaped out of the tree to a spot several metres behind the lucain and studied him carefully. He seemed normal in most ways, but those eyes alluded that there was more to this Lucain then what meets the eye, and his 'sense' told him the same story.
"But you. You are not with the living, are you?" Art rumbled. "But... what brings you to my... territory."
He put emphasis on the last word, adjusting his stance slightly and raising his hackles just a little bit.

It would be interesting to see what this Lucain had to say. Maybe he wouldn't have to hunt through the village tonight for a plaything. There might be one sitting in front of him.

[2]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/11/2009 7:42 PM

Titus just stood there staring at the new lucain quizzically. He must of just been playing along with him, his body language showed it. "You are correct, I am a creature of undeath. A Knight of the dead. I could care less if this is your 'territory' or not." he paused, "Although on closer inspection I can tell that you are not a normal creature either... you puzzle me. Perhaps immortal like myself?"

Titus was starting to get a bit excited himself, he had found an interesting 'Cain out here that he just couldn't wait to get his paws on. Would human form be a problem for him? Why not, he can take the plunge of becoming his human self. His eyes would remain the same if this is what this creature was so focused on... he could tell. Many others would look at him the same way.

"Ah... might you have a human form by any chance? I find it a bit funner to be as such, you?" a grin spread across his muzzle, his paws shifting anxiously.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/12/2009 12:22 AM

"Normal? No." Art laughed. "Although... I do not know what I am. Maybe I am immortal, maybe I am not. All I know is that I am different to most. Stronger. Faster." He paused, glaring at Titus and when he spoke his tone had picked up a cold, hard and malicious edge to it. "But why do I tell a stranger this. I do not even know your name."

He had not meant to let so much slip, but it was no big deal admitting he might be stronger than the other 'Cain. For all he knew, the other 'Cain might get offended that perhaps an earth-bound creature was claiming to be stronger than he.
He lightened up a little- that just might wipe that annoying smile off his face.

"Human form?" Art replied, flashing the other his own sharp-toothed grin. "I do have my own, and yes... you can probably have more... fun in it." He laughed. "So we agree on something."

With a white flash, a human was standing where Art once stood. The human was tall, around 6"1', and had light purple wings, the same color as the dingo that had been on his pelt and was tipped with a darker purple- the color of his dweller markings. He wore a long grey coat over a simple white shirt and dark jeans, and on his feet were heavy boots.

Art flicked his deep blue eyes over to the other Lucain. Would he change too? Was that the idea?
He grinned darkly again. Dealing with his intruder would definitely prove... interesting.

[3]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/12/2009 4:22 PM

"I too have more fun in my human form," he could tell that this Lucain was trouble, just from the tone in his voice. Nothing he would be worried about but enough to make him stand his ground. Things can turn ugly really quick if you weren't careful. It was now or never to become his 'human' form. He couldn't wait to actually get something going himself.

It was now or never, a black flame surrounded the dark pelted Lucain, revealing a tall pale faced human clad in heavy blue and purple armor with a flowing royal blue cape. His long white hair was tied back in a pony tail, while his eyes remained as those blank sockets with the soft lights glowing through. A blue scarf hid the lower half of his face... he might of looked odd to anyone else, I wonder what this 'Cain would think of him.

His hand rested on his sword that had a winged hit with a demonic eye in the center with runes carved up the length of the blade,"So, shall we introduce ourselves? My name is Titus... my last name has no importance to you at the moment. he hid a grin. This creature's human form was a bit stunning, although what he was is something that made him even more interested.

His human form is really hard to desribe, so I have a link on who is is purely based off of. Link
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/12/2009 5:35 PM

Art took a pace back, examining the other Lucain. During his transformation and after- how he did it though, with the dark flame reminded him of his old 'tutor', the Fallen whatever his name was. He shifted to human form in a similar fashion. Art knew that it probably had something to do with their connection to the Darkness.

My, my though~ The Lucain certainly looked the part of a Warrior of Undeath, didn't he. Art smirked, glancing over Titus, taking in the armor, and the sword. He himself wore no armor and carried no weapon- no visible weapon anyway.

Art rustled his wings a bit, which actually sounded like leave rustling in the wind. His wings weren't feathered, as one might expect rather they were made out of a tough substance that appeared to feel a bit like rough sandpaper.
"Titus is it?" Art replied, shrugging. "I'll try to remember it. Mine is Artuv'e but, I call myself Art and I expect you to call me by that too." He fixed Titus with a cold glare, almost as if daring him to do otherwise. That would be fun, wouldn't it. He'd see just how Art dealt with people who happened to annoy him.

[4]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/12/2009 7:40 PM

Titus grinned wickedly, even though most of his facial expressions were hidden from others, "Alright... Arty," he laughed slightly. He was having too much fun disobeying this creature, he didn't take any orders from others... only if they were Menethil. Even the slightest requests such as Art's was something to be toyed with like a cat with a toy mouse.

He ran his fingers through his bright white hair, fixing the band on his pony tail to keep it in place. He was now wondering what 'Art' was going to do about this, the thought made him smile even more. Titus lived in danger, sure he could get killed but he would always be risen once more. So why not 'live' a little?
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/12/2009 8:03 PM

Art flared his wings slightly and growled, not unlike the Lucain he had shifted from and took a menacing step towards Titus. His hand that was tightly clenched in a fist opened a little, and all of a sudden a blinding white-blue light flashed from it. As the light faded a large, heavy sword could be seen in Art's hand. It was similar to a scimitar, but it was longer and slightly thinner than a traditional one- and a small diamond gleamed from it's hilt.
He took another step towards Titus, raising the weapon slightly.

"You purposely enrage me?" He questioned. "Although, I've always wanted to see if my blade could mark a dead-man."
Hmm~ This would be amusing. It would be interesting to see if he could make the Undead Warrior 'dance' and he hadn't actually fought something interesting for a while. And it would so gratifying to wipe that irritating smile from the man's face.
But would Titus fall for his taunt?

[5]

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/12/2009 8:10 PM

He was not amused by his weapon, instead he threw his head back in laughter, "You seem to be quite the aggressor hmm?" Titus drew his sword that now set itself on a faint black fire, he had cut down the lives of many before him, powerful and not. Why should this fool be any different? Then again Titus was ready for anything at this point. Whatever the outcome it would sure be an interesting one.

He made a half circle around Art, watching him carefully. Who would strike first? Surely he couldn't expect to get too far with his plate armor. If he did manage to wound him it would be quite impressive indeed.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/12/2009 8:29 PM

Art bared his teeth in a wolf-like snarl. He was not amused, nor did he see anything that was funny. No, all he wanted to do was to stick that wolf in a tin-can with his sword, but that 'tin-can' was thick, so he'd have to resort to trickery to actually make his mark.
Luckily he preferred lightnening-fast moves over pure heavy strength perhaps that would make the man fall.

"I might be, but you don't know who you're dealing with here." Art simply replied.
He threw his wings around himself, and his whole body began to glow white. Art quickly released the building up energy, releasing a white pulse of light.
Art then flared his wings open and leaped backwards, away from Titus.

He landed several feet away, on a rock by the river. He knew he lacked the pure brute force that would be needed too take down Titus, but perhaps speed and guile would win the day.

[6]
(o3o Short post, sorreh?)

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/12/2009 8:39 PM

Titus smiled back at him, keeping up a strong appearance. He raised his hand in the air, summoning five skeletons to aid him. He also had an aura of darkness about him, he could be hurt yes, but the attacker would be as well. He was well trained in the art of war. He looked back at Art that was now on a rock, pointing a finger at him. His minions now had a target to go after and would not stop until they were killed. They were weak yes, but he could always kill them himself to regain energy.

He admitted is one fault though... and that was distance. He could always use something called a "death grip" to bring Art to him, but would it be a bad idea or no? He would save this until he absolutely needed to gain some close quarters combat.

He stood still, he wasn't sure if he was immune to disease or not. For a Death Knight, that was a prime way of attack. That, and darkness and frost. He just needed to see what would happen next.
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 07/12/2009 8:49 PM

Art watched Titus carefully, not missing a trick. He'd have to figure out a way to probe his weak spot, and by doing that, he'd have to try everything.
He flashed out his sword, which gleamed with white light and swung it in a wide arc from left then quickly  back in the other direction.
He smiled grimly. Ironically, yes they were both creatures of darkness, but one used white light and the other used darkness. How interesting. If one saw this fight, they'd think that maybe an dark spirit was fighting an Angel.

Art raised his wings in front of him again and shot another blast of white light at him, then laughed.
"I do say... this will be interesting." He muttered half to himself.

Art was fairly certain Titus would have trouble hurting him- they were both creatures of darkness, and Art for some strange reason (perhaps it was his unknown heritage) was immune to disease.
But it would definitely be one hell of a fight.

[7]

Edit: This is the best I could do with Art's human form? Wings are wrong, but they were the closest~ Just to give you an idea~

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Middy » 07/13/2009 2:35 PM

Titus felt the blow of this light beam, he himself expected it to be of a holy element... but why did it seem of darkness? Nevertheless, he had an angel-boy to deal with and his distance was getting bothersome. He had no other choice then to close to gap between the two. He grinned at Art before using the Death Grip, what looked like a strand of dark energy quickly snatching Art. He had a shot in now.

"Quite the fighter you are, but still a coward," Titus slashed his blade at Art, finally dealing some type of wound into his foe before letting him go. He also had no choice but to get him grounded for awhile using his skeletons, even if they were brittle it would give him an edge.

The skeletons did manage to hold him down for a time being, making Titus even more excited. He hasn't had a challenging battle in a good long time. "So, what happens if I do win?"
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next