A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Out Exploring the Jungle; (open)

Postby jobiehanna » 08/12/2009 5:47 PM

ImageImage
Reyya and Hamilton

Reyya walked behind her companion, Hamilton. She couldn't firgue out why she had been stuck with the guy. He was lazy, she was not. He was quiet, she was not. It angered her that she had to go with him into the forest to look for beetles. Of all things, why beetles? It had been a rare occasion when he had wanted to leave the house, and, or course, he needed supervision. She had to make sure he didn;t hurt himself. She felt  like a baby-sitter, which she was not. She could be out at a party somewhere, but she had to accompany him. She had volunteered, but she hadn't expected a day of beetle catching in the jungle. Suddenly Hamilton spotted something. He stopped walking and Reyya nearly collided with him. He shoved her away and pulled out a small jar from his bag. Then he stooped over and captured a rather ugly beetle. It was orange with huge, teal eyes. He chuckled at his triumph. "Isn't this fascinating, Reyya?" he asked the disgusted kuhna, who was staring at the thing with a look of disgust. "Yeah, real fascinating," she said sarcastically. "You sould really learn to appreiciate these kinds of things, Reyya," he said sternly. Reyya rolled her eyes and walked on with Hamilton scurrying after her.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Re: Out Exploring the Jungle; (open)

Postby Skyspirit » 08/24/2009 10:22 AM

Mind if I join? =)

..::Arii::..

Arii sat in the crook of a bent tree branch, looking out at the wild. This jungle was one of his favorite places, besides the Roraldri Forests. The comman Kuhna could stay here for hours on end, he thought. Anywhere out in the wild was somewhere he wanted to be.
The Kuhna stood and streatched, and padded out to the end of the branch. He had chosen a thick, sturdy tree, for he had no desire to suddenly fall into a swamp.
He was about to climb down, when he heard voices. Arii hesitated. Soon the two pets came into view, an Albino Drakel and a Confetti Kuhna. Curious, Arii scrambled down the tree and walked into view.
"Hello," he said. "I'm Arii."
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby jobiehanna » 08/24/2009 8:39 PM

((I have no problem.  :awwh: ))

Reyya was startled by the other kuhna's appearance. She quickly wiped the angry look off her face and put on a smile. "Hi," she said cheerfully. "I'm Reyya." Then she added with a grimace, "We're beetle hunting." Hamilton gave Reyya a look of curiousity and disgust. How could she change her mind so fast?

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skyspirit » 08/25/2009 10:21 AM

Arii pricked up his ears. "Beetle hunting?" he replied. "That sounds interesting! May I join you?"
The comman kuhna padded forward to stand next to the other two pets. Arii was oblivious to Reyya's disinterest in the beetles.
"I love the wilderness," he continued. "In this jungle, you can find lots of stuff you didn't even know existed before!"
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby jobiehanna » 08/31/2009 7:51 PM

((sorry for the wait, I've been having computer troubles.  ::S: ))

"I agree with you there, Arii," Hamilton said excitedly. He stuck his tongue out at Reyya as if to say 'I told ya so'. "I'm Hamilton, by the way," the little drakel said. He smiled smuggly at his name. He was so proud of his name. Reyya, on the other hand, wasn't  so open anymore. She scowled darkly and mumbled under her breath, "What is this world coming to?"

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skyspirit » 09/01/2009 1:25 PM

"Nice to meet you!" replied the Comman Kuhna. Arii barely heard Reyya's muttering, instead turning his gaze to Hamilton once again. "Do you come here often?" he asked. "I come to the rainforest or Roraldi Forest as often as I can. I know lots of ways to survive out here."
Turning back to Rayya, he asked, "What about you? Do you like it here too?"
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/03/2009 7:03 PM

(( Hope it's not too late to pop in? =3))

ImageImage
~Zues, Kriat~

"Woa, WOA! Nimble, Zues, nimble!" Kriat was barking orders to the best of his ability as he clung to the reigns that fit between Zues's jaws and back around into his small paws. The great Turkezilla hadn't been out and about in some time and had been getting quite a bit squirrely. "Skrawwwrr!" Zues squawked happily as he half-dodged-half-smashed his way through the densely packed trees. He'd mangled a few metal food bowls and nearly made the grounds in his pen non-traversable, and it had taken him nearly bending the metal bars in his keep to get his master's attention. Now, much to Zues's enjoyment and Kriat's dismay, he had his Cuniflare master getting slapped in the face by branches and spitting out Polly feathers as he was dragged through the foliage. Zues was using his long arms and claws to pull his way through the trees, and Kriat had to admit he was getting better for such a bulky creature.

The Venom's sensitive ears picked up the voices far before they had reached the source. Crud... the Cuniflare thought to himself as he began frantically tugging on Zues's reigns. "Stop, Zues, stop! ZUES!" The great bird-lizard reared and clawed the air as a remarkably forceful yank snapped his head up. He turned and glared at Kriat expectantly. The cuniflare straightened himself and brushed the worst of the debree from his fluffy fur. "Well, I told you to stop. You were about to plow right into those poor fellows." Zues rumbled indignantly and slowly picked his way ahead until they found two kuhnas and a drakel. "Good day, lads and lasses." Kriat greeted cheerfully, waving a small paw from the Turkezilla's back. It had to have been quite a sight. Zues looked as if he could swallow his tiny rider if the moment ever struck him. "Zzzuuuuuuuessss..." he hissed slowly, introducing himself.
How can you see into my eyes like open doors,
Leading you down into my core where I've become so numb,
Without a soul my spirit's sleeping somewhere cold,
Until you find it there and lead it back home...

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 561
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 09/05/2009 2:59 PM

((It's fine)

Reyya eyed the giant bird cautiosly. She had never seen anything like it. She turned back to Arri and said, "I like the forest, but I hate beetles." She glared at the Drakel. Hamilton cowered as the turkezilla came into view. The ground seemed to shake beneath his small paws. "Uh, hello," he said weakly to the new comers

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skyspirit » 09/07/2009 11:52 AM

Well, apparently Reyya wasn't as into nature as he was. Arii was distracted from this thought, though, by the arrival of a Turkezilla and a Cuniflare.
The Turkezilla was huge. Arii didn't think he had ever seen such a big pet.
The Kuhna shook his head to dislodge the tingle of fear that had emerged along with the newcomers.
"Uh... hi..." he said, hesitantly, following Hamilton's lead. "I'm Arii..."
Skyspirit
Pets | Items

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/07/2009 5:20 PM

The cuniflare hopped nimbly off his companion's back, bouncing a bit as he landed, keeping a lead firmly in his paw. "Nice to meet all of you. I am Kriat, and as stated before, my companion is named Zues." The hulking creature lowered his head in a bow, and layed down to better fit the smaller levels. Kriat chuckled light-heartedly at the reactions Zues was getting. "Oh now, don't be afraid of him. He wouldn't hurt a lunafly. Would you?" He patted the turkezilla's neck, and Zues rumbled and nodded in response. "He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he can say a few words." "A-A-Arrrrr...." Zues sounded as if he was almost snarling. Kriat smiled at his friend and hopped up on his head. "Arii, Zues." Zues cut his eyes up toward Kriat, then back at the kuhna. "Arrrrriiii..."

The cuniflare's ears perked as he heard a tiny scuttle and a buzz amongst the fallen leaves on the ground. He hopped back down and looked around, his Lifesense picking up exactly what he was looking for. In a flash, he pounced and closed his paws carefully around a brightly colored beetle. Wobbling awkwardly on his small legs, he slipped it into Hamilton's jar. "I believe you'd get more use out of this than I would." Zues inclined his head toward the jar containing the bugs. He sniffed it curiously, then snorted and swung his head back. Smelly beetles. He nudged Kriat as if to say "Why?" Kriat patted his nose and shrugged. "It is not our business why the Drakel is fascinated by them."

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/13/2009 9:44 PM

Kriat's ears perked again as the faintest of rustles came from the trees above them. The tiny rabbit hopped onto Zues's back and turned the Turkezilla's head toward the sound. There was a light "bonkbonkbonk" as if someone was jumping through the tree branches. Kriat readied himself, as did Zues when he felt his rider tense. A low snarl bubbled in the reptilian bird's throat, causing his neck to vibrate.  An arrow was notched from one of the branches just above them, and Kriat spun around in time to see a wild-looking woman with olive skin, green eyes, and tree-brown hair. Large feathers protruded from her arms and she held a bow in her hands, ready to fire. As she registered the strange looking pair, her stance relaxed. "Kriat! What in Zu'hai's name are you doing with Zues out here on one of my hunting days? Didn't I say my targets were in Tengal today?" The woman replaced her arrow on the quiver on her back and nimbly leapt from her perch, landing almost soundlessly on the forest floor.

"I don't recall getting the memo, Huntress." the cuniflare replied, relaxing his hold on Zues's reigns. "Though I wasn't aware you hunted turkezilla." Huntress sniffed at the comment. "Brutish, dangerous things. I do hunt them for sport, but as is my job I bring what I can back for the others." Zues snarled, understanding the gist of what she was saying. Kriat patted his head comfortingly. "Not all are dangerous, dear Magistrey." Huntress leaned idly against a thick tree. "You never answered my question. Why did you bring him here?" Kriat shrugged. "Well, he'd destroyed a few food bowls, and nearly bent the bars of his keep beyond repair. I figured here would be a perfect place for him to run off some steam." Huntress fixed her short taosig-skinned skirt and half-grinned. "Next time, make sure you know where I'll be if you plan to take him to a wild place. Now who are the others?" Kriat looked around, wondering where they had gone. "There were two kuhnas and an albino drakel here before. Zues nearly ran right over them. I'm..not sure where they've gone."

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsune_Beauty » 09/14/2009 6:48 PM

The three sat and chatted for a while, hoping the others would return for them. When an hour or so had passed, Huntress and Zues were both getting jumpy and bored. "Oi, Kriat, can that beast of your's track at all?" Zues looked at her and tilted his head. "No, not well. But my ears heard the others even over Zues's squawking." The magistrey put a finger to her chin. "Would you enjoy helping me hunt, cuniflare?" The black and green ball of fluff winced slightly at the thought. Zues would surely grudge him forever. "I...Think we'll just go explore elsewhere, miss Huntress. Do not take it personally, it's just..." He patted Zues's neck affectionately. The wild woman nodded. "I understand. Farewell." She spread her feathered arms which helped her glide back up into the branches, and dissapeared. Kriat listened to her go until he could no longer hear her lithe movements. "Well, off we go old friend. Run, Zues, run!" The lizard-bird reared and squawked happily before taking off through the foliage once again.

-All three have left-

Kirk Grimm
Kitsune_Beauty
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/30/2009 5:08 PM

((I'm sorry, it's been foever since I've been on. My roleplaying ability seemed to have left me when we put my dog down. :(  ))

Hamilton had wandered off at the sight and sound of newcomer. He was here to collect beetles, not socialize. As he wandered through the underbrush he wandered if he should have told Reyya where he was going. He turned to see the kuhna directly behind him. Reyya was walking quietly behind him. She wanted to be rid of this forest. They wandered through the forest as queitly as possible. Soon Hamilton had enough beetles for his collection and he began to head towards home. Reyya continued to follow him with a look of disgust on her face. Beetles. Ick!

-both have left-

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items