A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Not So Friendly (Private)

Postby Cookie » 08/31/2009 8:44 PM

Lithônion's paws touched the ground gently, creeping around, looking for any food. He was careful to check for any stray twigs, being cautious with his surroundings. He didn't blend into the grass all to well, but being crouched gave him an advantage. His blue pelt stood out to anyone looking from above, the different shades of blue's mixed together, his yellow eyes glancing around. It would be getting dark soon, it seemed, the sun was already starting to set, and a few pitch black clouds rumbled up above, spraying a light drizzle of rain onto the male Lucain, his fur sticking to him. His eyes fixed onto a light gray rabbit, it was eating grass, its mind elsewhere. Lith crouched down as far as he could, inching forward once, then again..
Cookie
Pets | Items

Re: Not So Friendly (Private)

Postby SpringsSong » 09/18/2009 4:48 PM

Obviously, the blue Lucain male was not the only one who wanted a little snack.  After a few months of being only in her human form, Taliña was reacquainting herself with her Ringed-and-Jacket-Fox-Lucain form and had taken to the underbrush, her own eyes fixed on the same light grey rabbit that the other Lucain had his eyes fixed on.

She flicked her tails slightly and perked her ears forward; she could tell, full well,that there was another Lucain in the area, she could smell whoever it was nearby.

Hm, a little competition, eh? she thought to herself, keeping low and gently stepping forward as she continued to get closer to the rabbit.

[85.1 {OMG I remembered her post count!}]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5888
Donate

Postby Cookie » 09/18/2009 4:54 PM

Lith didn't notice the femme, he was too interested in this rabbit. He could feel the wind hitting his side, and a few sprinkles of rain that fell onto his blue coat. He made sure not to make any bit of noise as he moved closer to the rabbit, head low as he tried to blend in as much as he could. As he got as close as he could, he watched as the rabbit perked up its ears, looking around from its grassy feast. Then he moved quickly, running towards the rabbit and pouncing from behind.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 09/18/2009 4:59 PM

Taliña noticed the other Lucain spring up, and, giving a slight growl, she pounced as well, her lithe form not showing any signs of having been out of practice of her once-feral life.  If anything, the war had gotten her more toned that she had been before.  She kept her eyes fixed on the rabbit as she flew towards it from the side, her eyes steely as she glared at the male, and then, at the rabbit.

Of course, the rabbit, after having had two Lucain pounce at it, was rather freaked out.  And when you're a rabbit that has just narrowly escaped two Lucain pouncing at you, your first reaction is to run away as fast as you can, which was precisely what this rabbit did.  The last thing that could be heard from it was a dull thud as it ran into a tree before retreating deep into its burrow, away from the Lucain.

[85.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/25/2009 6:43 PM

Needless to say, Tali was not at all amused about this other Lucain being here.  She examined him carefully, sniffing at him from time to time to try and decide if he was a friend or an enemy.  After a few moments, she shook her head, staring at him as she flicked her tails, her steely blue eyes piercing into him.

"Who are you?" she barked harshly, her ears flat against her skull as she continued to glare at him.  She might be only a female, but if there was one thing that Taliña was not keen on, it was being treated like she wasn't good enough to compete--or fight--against others, especially males.

[85.3]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/26/2009 2:23 PM

Without even waiting for Lithônion to respond, Tali began to circle him, her fur bristling as she growled.  "I mean it.  You had better tell me what your business out here is.  I am not to be trifled with.  Don't you know who I am?"

Of course, Tali was not quite aware that not everyone knew about the war that she'd been in; in fact, she'd had a bounty placed on her head because of her affiliation with the Imperialists.  She didn't care, after all, there were also people that weren't around during the war that knew of it...

[85.4]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 09/26/2009 2:27 PM

The Ringed and Jacket Fox Lucain continued to circle around the other as she growled dangerously.  "I had a bounty of 1500 Keystones placed on my head during the recent Purine and Imperial war.  I was brought back to life by the gracious Sa'ouna.  I have seen my share of bloodshed, and though I'd not fight again, I am not afraid to fight.  I have never been one to deny a challenge, and people can tell you that it is my downfall: I will never deny a challenge."

As she said this, she crouched lowly as she glared into Lith's yellow-white eyes.  She could tell that this male was not one to be messed with, but neither was she one to be messed with.

[86.0]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 09/27/2009 2:28 PM

Lith blinked. First he was going after this rabbit, and now this female, yes female, Lucain was asking him questions like he had committed a murder or something. He growled, watching her as she circled him. "Why should I answer to you? This isn't your territory, so what makes you think I would take orders from someone I don't even know, not mentioning the fact that they are a female." he scoffed, turning a bit, watching her still. He snapped his jaws at her, bearing teeth "Look, little lady... I'm not usually a 'big mean wolf', but I don't like people coming into my area, let alone when they make me loose my meal. You state your business here.." he growled at her, snapping again. This female was really starting to irritate him, he had no time for her silly little feminine games "I wouldn't even care if you were some precious little princess, so what makes you think that you being in that darned war with a bounty on your head is going to affect me any? You don't scare me." he said, glaring back at her. Man she was really starting to make him mad.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 09/27/2009 3:20 PM

"You honestly think that you're going to force me out of here with intimidation?"

Tali chuckled slightly, shaking her head as she barred her own fangs.  Obviously this male was the alpha type, not wanting to take anything from anyone.  Fortunately for her [and unfortunately for him], so was she.  She'd learned that, if she wanted something, she was gonna have to fight for it with everything that she had.

"Shall we have a little test of skills, then?" she asked, her eyes gleaming.

[86.1]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Cookie » 10/25/2009 7:53 PM

Lith growled at her, bearing teeth "Sure, why not, femme?" he scoffed, looking her over and snapping his jaws at her again. The storm started bellowing over, the clouds seemed low to the ground as they tried their best to contain the rain inside them. "Hope you don't mind the rain" he said, laughing casually now, sticking his tongue out in a nonchalant manner as rain trinkled down from the sky. The night was coming and the air had a kick of icy coldness to it, which was his favorite out of either being hot or cold.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby Cookie » 10/25/2009 7:54 PM

This female was getting on his ever last nerves though, she had chased off his meal and is now trying to be all big and bad around him? The nerve of some people baffled him. "Look little lady... I really don't want to fight you, not because I'm scared of a little princess who couldn't very well harm a fly, but because I don't want to snap you like a twig... so why don't you be a good little girl, go home, get some hot coco and have your mommy tuck you into bed? Hows that?" Mm, sounded like a good day to him, though he would never admit that.
Cookie
Pets | Items

Postby SpringsSong » 10/25/2009 9:29 PM

Tali growled as she barreled into Lithônion, her jowls formed in a fierce snarl.

"I'm no princess," she said firmly.  "And I can hurt more than just a little fly.  I've taken down a well-known and feared assassin, and I am not one to be underestimated."  Her eyes were hard as she said this, biting down firmly on Lith's leg, not letting it go.

She would not let some alpha male with an ego talk down to her.  She would not let a little rain stop things.  And, above all... she was not going to let him insult her.  She let the comment about "let mommy tuck you into bed" roll off her back; Yin was no longer a part of her life...

[86.2]
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate