A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Among the Mist [Me and Fallen_Snow]

Postby AuroraSky » 11/16/2009 4:53 PM

Her heart was pumping as she raced through the Rainforest, not daring to look back. The trees on either side of her appeared as a blur, the greens and browns blending together. All that could be heard were the chirping of the birds and her heavy panting, which was getting increasingly heavier the more she ran. She shivered from the mist that was soaking her already almost transparent fur, and on a few occasions she had to shake her head to keep the water droplets from blurring her vision. How awful it would be if she crashed into a tree or ran off of a cliff!

Finally, when her limbs ached too much to move any longer, she slowed down until all came to rest. The trees came into more focus and she was regaining feeling into her legs. At once, however, her eyes slit and she peeked into the bushes, turning her body around quickly in order to catch any movement that could be around her. There was a crunch behind her and she whirled around and hissed. She crouched as if preparing to pounce and her ears perked slightly, listening for another sound. Silence. It was a few moments before she let her guard down. She began to groom herself when behind her the bushes parted a little a two blue eyes were visible...

"HIYA!"
Aurora yelled as she tackled the Draculi.

The two rolled around for a bit before Mirage was able to throw the young girl off.

"No fair, Ro! You promised that you wouldn't do this to me anymore. Do you know how far I ran to try to get away from your stupid little attacks?"

The girl smiled, exposing two rows of pearly white teeth, and ran to hug her best friend. Mirage groaned, but did not move. Aurora's warm touch felt wonderful on her cold fur. After embracing, Aurora let go and fell to the ground.

"Mir, isn't the Rainforest beautiful? I'm so glad we came!"

Mirage sat beside her and did a quick scan of the scenery herself. Although she didn't enjoy the constant mist that sprayed her, Rory loved this place so she would do her best to try and appreciate it as well. Mirage turned around and watched Rory's eyes twinkle. Suddenly the girl popped up.

"Hey Mirage, wanna see a trick I've been working on?"

The Draculi nodded quickly and took a few safety steps back. Sometimes Aurora's new...er..."tricks" went horribly wrong. Aurora stood and took a deep breath.

Her fingers danced a little and a few vines laying on the forest floor slowly rose. Her fingers twitched oh so slightly and at once the vines shot up into the air, then darting straight at Mirage.

"HEY! RO!"
Mirage screamed, dashing to hide.

But it was no use. Instead, the vines wrapped themselves tightly around Mirage's body until only the Draculi's head was visible. Well, as visible as it usually was. The Draculi struggled against her bindings.

"Ugh-Rory! Let me GO!"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: Among the Mist [Me and Fallen_Snow]

Postby Fallen_Snow » 11/25/2009 8:25 PM

His little black shoes clicked against the pavement and his trenchcoat whooshed in a fierce breeze.

Wait a minute.

Pavement? Fierce breeze? In a rainforest?

Hatter Madigan ceased the spell, the pavement giving way to a burst of magical blue light, and the angry wind settling into the folds of his outfit. He pulled the coat around him tighter as wetness dropped onto his pale gray face. "Ugh," he moaned. He hated water. With a deft flick of his wand, his feet lifted above the rainforest grasses, their strands rustling as he floated above them. He found the Path to Others spell of his needed some work, but otherwise it was working out well. He could hear a few playful shouts echoing through the fairly damp forest. He just wished moisture didn't play such a big part of his off-topic adventure.

"DAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD~!"

Oh dear.

"Dad! DAD! Erg, would you slow down?!" A large orange missile came hurtling at the Common Meji, who slid out of the way as Homburg Molly spiraled at the ground, her face hitting the dirt and grass and sliding forward, the slick wetness helping to propel her. Hatter Madigan was poised, his wand held aloft, his eyes intent on his daughter. He scanned for any 'wrongs': twisted leg, teeth in the wrong places, hat missing... Nope, all seemed to be intact.

Madigan glared at his daughter. "The Missile Launch spell wasn't made for Mejis, m'dear." he commented with a small smirk. Molly pushed herself up with her paws, and it was then that Madigan noticed something wrong-- beneath her little rabbit-y paws was a black, broken stick. Molly looked down at it dumbly.

"You've still got magic in your shoe soles, m'dear." Said Hatter Mads, trying to calm his daughter before she even began to become upset. Her eyes squinted, hardened, glared, closed, and opened. Her breath was a gasp, sigh, and heavy breath, and her paws gripped the wand. Without a word, she got up, pocketed the worthless tool, and clicked her heels. The moisture and dirt that covered her was pulled off and settled into a heap in front of her.

"Dad, you should lead the way." she commented, one paw still within the broken wand pocket. Hatter Madigan nodded and floated into the forest, his daughter following behind on foot, wand clutched tightly in orange paw.

((Long post is long. Late post is late. Gah. O _ O Hope you like?))
About you and me: it's plain to see,
We only ever want to stay inside and watch TV,
Because that's just as good a memory,
You're just good company,
And I am finally accepting that.

Remember the time when we stole the whole day?
And nobody knows it, we took it away,
And it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours
Now we own the night, and it can't be undone,
We'll never forget how it feels to be young,
Cos it will be forever mine,
And it will be forever yours.

I did not make my avatar.
Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby AuroraSky » 11/27/2009 12:11 AM

((No worries oDo. The post was fun! Happy Thanksgiving~))

"If you don't let me go right now Ro I swear-"

Splat.

Mirage fell to the ground, hard, a bush acting as her very unhappy landing pad. The Concept Draculi coughed a few times before shuddering and standing up slowly, her eyes narrowed to pale blue slits.

Aurora, meanwhile, was busy lying on her back and shaking with laughter. The vines fell back beside her and lay to rest.  

"AURORA THAT WASN'T FUNNY. I'M TIRED OF BEING YOUR LITTLE SCIENCE EXPERIMENT!"

Mirage was now standing directly in front of Aurora, one paw placed dangerously on the little girl's stomach. Although she would never dare hurt her, sometimes a little threat was good. Aurora's eyes widened as Mirage towered above her, and she cringed slightly. When Mirage was upset, she wasn't fun to play with.

"Sorry." She squeaked.

Mirage sighed and was about to withdraw her nearly invisible paw when her fur and ears suddenly flattened and a loud hiss escaped her throat. Ignoring Aurora's confused gaze, she threw herself in front of the girl and looked around frantically.

"Who goes there!"

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 11/27/2009 12:31 AM

Hatter Madigan had heard it, but he didn't quite exactly know where the disembodied voice was coming from. Molly, who was out of her wits right then, looked up and seemed to wonder if they had somehow contacted Xai're. Maddy was beginning to believe it until he saw the sketchy outline of a Concept pet. Ah, the disembodied voice came from over there.

"Come, Molly, m'dear, the voice came from this way." he said, gliding forward, his coat tightly buttoned against the wet leaves that scraped and slid against his trenchcoat. Molly followed close behind, and immeadiatley became curious.

"Um, hi." she said shakily, looking at the angry Draculi and the girl behind her. "We're not dangerous, if you're trying to assume that. Sure, we're magical. But we're tiny, if you haven't noticed, and we're also fairly bunny-like. And I have to say-- bunnies are probably an eleven on the wimpy scale, which usually ranges between one and ten." Molly grumbled. Mads dropped his levitation spell and made sure to shoot a quick glare at his daughter, who silenced herself promptly. "I'm sorry if we interfered with your romp. I was merely... curious to find new friends and used a spell that seems to have brought me to you. Odd how magic works." he commented lightly, observing what bond could be shared between them.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby AuroraSky » 11/27/2009 1:08 PM

Mirage held her position, although her ears and fur rested once more and she had lifted her glare. Aurora was behind her busily jumping and trying to look over the Draculi's shoulders. "I wanna see the bunnies Mirage!" She yelled, trying to move her friend to the side. "Hush." Mirage hissed. Although these...er..."bunnies" seemed nice enough you could never be too careful nowadays. However Aurora was not ready to give up. With a little twirl of her fingers a plant reached out to grip Mirage's foot and pull her away. "Ugh, Ro stop it! No more of your little magic tricks!" She yelled, but it was no use. The plant life was completely under Aurora's control, and she never ceased to use it on her friend. Bounding forward, the young girl reached out a little hand towards the newcomers.

"My name is Aurora, or Ro. Most people call me Ro, but if you would prefer to say Aurora that's okay too. The part pooper over there is my best friend, Mirage. She's really cautious and careful, as you can see." A hiss coming from behind told Aurora that Mirage was most likely annoyed and trying her best to shread the leaves clasping to her leg. "Young lady once I get out of these stupid plants-"

"Mir! Don't insult them. They are very sensitive." She called behind her before smiling sweetly to the Mejis.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 11/27/2009 8:35 PM

The Meji was quick to react at the vine that was wrapping itself around Mirage's foot. Grabbing the brim of his top hat, he flicked it. The hat flattened and sharp, curved blades shot out of it. With hyper-precision, he whipped it out of his paw. It sliced the vine, not even touching Mirage, and spun back to him. He caught it and flicked it once more so it could take on it's regular shape.

"You know, it's not the nicest thing to do, trapping your friend there." he said with a gentle smile. "I hope you're not frightened by my little trick; though it seems your tricks are much more interesting than my hat." he said with a small laugh. Molly pouted, a paw on her own brim. She had wanted to do it first-- her hat could also do the same, though she wasn't as accurate as her father. Maybe it was better that he had done it, and not her. She lowered her paw and just looked on glumly. Even the girl had powers! She was mostly useless without a wand.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby AuroraSky » 11/28/2009 11:14 PM

Mirage had been desperately pulling on the vine one moment, and the next she could feel her body fly forward onto the cold, forest ground. Her body slid a few inches before coming to a stop, mud caking into her fur. Once the pain had subsided and she remembered what was going on, Mirage stood up slowly and glared at the Meji. "I would have preferred a softer landing...but thank you. And as for you young lady I-"

A deep moan was heard from the little girl's throat as her body slumped slightly. Mirage rushed to her aid, letting her companion fall onto her. Aurora didn't move for a few seconds, her eyes shut as if she were dead. "When the plant life is under her control, any damage made to them can hurt her!What did you do you stupid bunny!" Mirage screamed, completely forgetting how she had previously thanked the magician for his help. "Mir, hush please. My head is still ringing." Aurora said, stirring a little before regaining strength. Mirage slowly backed away from her, but didn't move back so far that if the girl was hurt again she couldn't run to her rescue. However, Aurora seemed to be fine in no time.

"That was a fun trick! But....can we not do that again? It's just that REALLY hurt. But I understand you didn't know." She said, smiling. Mirage shook her head. How could she just forgive and forget like that? There was no way she would ever forgive Stanley, not after what he did to her.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 11/29/2009 5:57 PM

The little magician was taken aback. "If we are not welcome here, I would prefer you ask us to leave. I would not want to... bring harm to either of you. It's easy to see that you're very anxious around your charge, Mirage. Aurora, I'm sorry for any harm I caused you." he said with a tip of his top hat. He beckoned to his daughter.

"Come along, Molly. We mustn't--"

"No." Molly's voice trembled a bit, as she was still clutching her wand, but she stood firm against her father. He stared at her, not coldly, but the analytical glow behind them was obvious. After a short silence, he nodded. "Very well. Seeing as you seem to want to stay here, you should take my wand and I'll see what I can do with yours. Hand it here." he said, wiggling his light gray paw close to her, the white-capped wand rolling into Molly's paws. She handed over the broken pieces, not daring to look as Maddy stored them in his pocket.

"I'll send your uncle Galen for your later, m'dear. Good bye, new friends." he gave a little wave and walked off.

Molly nodded, rolling her eyes. "Good riddance." she muttered, tapping the wand against her shoes. "So, since my dad thinks I'll be with you guys, you wouldn't mind covering for me while I explore on my own, would you? He doesn't let me out of his sight often, but when does it's usually with people he trusts. Oddly, he trusts you guys. So if he appears, tell him that I'm off... in the little Meji's room, and will be back in a minute or something. And trust me, he will. So-- bye!" she said, and tapped her shoes again. Hovering a foot off the ground, she floated forward quickly, trying to get away from them as fast as possible.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby AuroraSky » 11/29/2009 10:09 PM

As the male Meji floated away Aurora sighed and turned around to glare at Mirage. "Mir! You need to mind your manners! Look what you did, now you've made him go away. And his tricks seemed so fun!" Mirage sniffed and turned her head. This was why she didn't usually talk; she had this nature to push people away. But really now, was this truly her fault? She just cared deeply about Aurora. Wouldn't anyone lash out if someone had hurt their closest friend? Her attention snapped back when the young girl started leaving. As she was about to open her mouth, Aurora twiddled her fingers and a vine reached out and wrapped itself around the Meji's leg.

"Hey, you! You can't just leave yet! I mean, you're a magician too, aren't ya? I wanna see some of your cool tricks, like the one the other bunny did." Aurora whined, keeping her hold on the Meji's foot. Mirage shook her head, not understanding why Aurora thought she would actually stay. It seemed to her that the Meji couldn't wait to get away from them. But knowing Aurora, she would find someway to stay. "And besides, you need us to tell your dad that you're with us, don't you? I don't like to lie, and neither does Mirage, so..." Aurora smiled sweetly.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/08/2009 8:11 PM

Molly was suddenly tugged back as her foot caught against Aurora's vine. "Hey!" she shouted, furious-- her hand went instinctively to her hat, and the blades slipped out almost as if her thoughts had triggered them. But she stopped herself as the image of Aurora going down and the insane Albie almost attacked her father.

Placing the hat back on her head, she scowled at them. "Sorry," she muttered for the attempt to 'hurt' Aurora again. She yanked her foot from the pull of the vine, and instead of freeing herself, felt a strain on her ankle and her shoe begin to come off. She cussed and fumbled with it, trying to slip it back on, but no luck. It fell to the ground and she cussed again, louder and more... uhm... well, let's just say you wouldn't know it exactly, but it might have sounded familiar. Magic tongue, you know.

"If-- you would just-- LET-- ME-- GO--" Now that her shoe was free, her foot slipped out, and she flew off like a cork out of a bottle. "Yarrgh!" she shouted, and let herself fall with a thump a few feet off.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby AuroraSky » 12/10/2009 9:13 PM

Mirage gasped as the Meji flew and then plummeted on the cold ground. "That looked like it hurt, Ro." She whispered to her friend. Aurora winced and brought the vines back to her, and they rested gently at her feet as if they new that she was their master. Aurora jogged quickly to the Meji's side and bent over, examining her. Mirage however stayed back. As much as she was worried about the young Meji, the rabbit creature had looked quite angry as she tried to tug herself free.

"Ooh, that looks bad." Aurora said, pointing her innocent finger at the Meji's foot. "Rabbit's feet are supposed to be lucky. Guess they skipped your generation." She said, giggling to herself. Mirage sighed and shook her head. Clearly the girl did not comprehend that this was not exactly a laughing matter.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/13/2009 11:20 AM

Molly rolled her eyes. "I'm fine, okay? Just... just gimme my shoe." she growled, and gave her foot an experimental poke with her wand. She inhaled sharply-- it was sprained, and the toes of her foot didn't look right. She swirled her wand around her foot and flicked it twice at the end, then repeated the motion. She felt her foot easing back into place, and she let out a sigh of release.

"Ahhhh, that's better." she breathed, stretching her foot and getting up. Patting the dirt out of her overcoat, she replaced the easygoing look on her face with a scowl once more.

"What the heck are you two doing here, anyways?" she asked, though she could guess. Mirage probably wanted a place where Aurora could practice her planty powers without endangering anyone. That or Aurora dragged the stupid Albie there.

She could hear her dad's voice in her head already. Don't call him stupid, Miss Molly, he may save you in the end. Always his excuse. Don't be mean to them, they could be saving your butt later. Whatever. She could fly solo, and she didn't get why her father never gave her a chance.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby AuroraSky » 12/13/2009 4:16 PM

As the Meji's sharp words flew out of her mouth, Aurora took two precautionary steps backward. No need to make any trouble. Mirage however, simply glared. She could tell this Meji was not in a good mood, and didn't understand why Aurora didn't just leave her be. But, that was Aurora for you. Aurora cheered up as the Meji asked them a question. Why were the here? "I wanted to come because the Rainforest is so relaxing, yet full of adventure! Plus of the abundant plant life." She said, smiling proudly. As she did so behind her a flower bloomed. "Oh, by the way, I don't think we caught your name. Who are you?" She asked.

Mirage sniffed annoyingly. She didn't really care who this Meji was nor did she want to go on any adventure with her. But Aurora was always looking for friends and new places to see so of course she would lose this battle. So instead of trying, she put a pissy look on her face and sat next to her friend.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Fallen_Snow » 12/20/2009 9:42 AM

"Molly. Homburg Molly." she said stiffly, waddling over the wet ground to get to her shoe. "But just call me Molly, please. Homburg is my title." she said, her eyes shining proudly. "My father and I, we're professional guardians. It's why we have these hats." she said, tipping the brim of her own hat. "The metal spikes inside are triggered when the hat flattens. It also has a safety, but we never use it-- too dangerous. Being a little Meji, you could imagine how we need a bit more... protection, I guess, than most." she said with a shrug.

"Anyways, how could you think this place is relaxing? The dripping of water everywhere is enough to drive you crazy, and not only that, everything looks the same. How will you find your way out of here? I have magic and spells, and I can easily navigate out of here. But what about you guys?" she asked. She felt herself warming up to them, and frowned inwardly. She quickly put up another wall and made herself passive in her mind, so that she didn't get attached to this pair.

Fallen_Snow
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby AuroraSky » 12/21/2009 4:16 PM

A little patch of grass grew itself behind Aurora and she promptly took a seat. Mirage shook her head in wonder. Now the plant magic just came naturally to the young girl. Aurora crossed her legs and softly stroked a few flower petals to the right of her and listened intently as the Meji spoke. "Molly, that's a really pretty name. Isn't that a pretty name Mirage?" She asked her friend. Mirage, however, merely shook her head and kept her eyes focused on "Molly's" movements. She didn't trust this magician.

"You're hat seems like it can come into great use. I've never met a magician before!" Aurora said, giving Molly a warm smile. "As for your questions, I actually find this place quite nice. I love the chittering of the animals, the plant life, how its so nice and cool with the mist-" Mirage snorted. "This place is horrible. I'm here just because she's here. The mist is annoying, and if I have to shake out my fur one more time-" Aurora snapped her fingers, annoyed. "Hush Mirage! Don't be a bother." Mirage sniffed disdainfully and turned around. Aurora however, went immediately back to being her perky self. "...And as to how we get out of here, it's quite simple, really. We Tree-Walk."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items