A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: The first encounter! (Private Ningai and reido)

Postby reido » 03/29/2010 9:56 PM

"Far. Far. Away." he said resolutely, edging continuously across the ground. "Seeing as you were so rude as to interupt my dinner, manhandle me, and make me fall out of a tree..I think our time together is OVER." Bakari glanced upward, only to find that his pursuer was still gliding easily along overhead."Dont you have something better to do than follow me around?" he snapped angrily.
reido
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 352
Donate

Postby Ningai » 04/02/2010 9:56 PM

"Actually, No! I don't have anything better to do." Kast continued to follow the creature. "So is it your birthday or something? Because you seem easily annoyed." He said as he swooped and landed in front of the creatures path.
You're not afraid of the dark are you?

"I'm not afraid of dying." "How do you know? You've never tried it before!"

"I'm the best at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice."

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villan."

"You alone are trying to bring down a monster. As a cop that's impossible. You must become a monster."

Ningai
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby reido » 08/17/2010 9:01 PM

"What's it to you?", he grumbled, still pressing onwards further into the forest. "All you've done is caused me trouble from the minute I met you... And I don't even know who you are !" . Bakari glared upward at the large bird. In all honesty, he was glad of the company. His current predicament kept most of the other Beetankes away from him.

Sighing, he said, "I'm just going to try and find more food, since you decided to get in the way the last time." In the back of his mind, he hoped that the avaian would follow along with him.

What he didn't see was the figure prowling just behind Kastiel, its fangs bared; poised to pounce upon the seemingly unsuspecting Chaos Magistrey.
reido
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ningai » 08/17/2010 11:30 PM

Bakari didn't seam to like him too much, then again who did? In a small state of depression he softly answered Bakari with, "Ghost." Of course that wasn't his name, but at that moment he felt like one. Ghosts were known to simply trouble the living and no one ever wanted to deal with them.

He was so down and absorbed in his emotions that he didn't even realize the creature behind him. Normally his scenes were always at the extreme, but not now. He barely even noticed Bakari starting to walk away.
Ningai
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby reido » 08/17/2010 11:45 PM

Snorting in disbelief, Bakari turned around, "Ghost?" he inquired. "What kind of name is tha--". he stopped short when his eyes met with those of he creature behind Kast. He blanched in shock, scrambling backwards into the foliage in fear. Words left him as he stood shaking against the trunk of a tree. At this movement, the silent predator sprung forward, aimed for the back of the unsuspecting Magistrey.

"NO!" Bakari shouted in warning, stumbling back towards Kastiel as he watched the claws of move closer and closer to the back of his newfound aquaintance.

The only thought to cross his mind was, What have you gotten yourself into now?
reido
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ningai » 08/17/2010 11:54 PM

Still self absorbed in his emotions, Kast didn't flinch. The words of Bakari made it to Kast's mind but it realy didn't matter. It wasn't like anyone needed him or even liked him for that matter. He just stood there and didn't move.
Ningai
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby reido » 08/18/2010 12:23 AM

Groaning in frustration, Bakari knew that the great bird would not be moving anytime soon. He also was aware of how stupid it was for him to be flying full tilt at a creature much bigger than himself to try and save someone he had just met.

Wait.

Flying?

As soon as he thought of it, he let out an ungainly squeak of shock, wings flapping unevenly as he attempted to not fall out of the sky. Split seconds later, he saw the creatures claws meet with Kastiels back. Not even bothering to wonder why the other wasn't reacting to this, Bakari launched himself into the chest of their attacker.

"No. You. Don't!" He growled, digging his sharp, knife-like arms into its exposed flesh. The creature snarled in pain and anger, thrashing about so as to throw it's tiny enemy off of it.
Yelling out as he was thrown unceremoniously to the ground, Bakari rolled over and charged again, this time aiming for the predator's eyes. He grinned to himself as he felt his knives meet their mark. His celebration was short lived, however, when he stepped back to survey the damage and found himself staring into not one, but three pairs of cold eyes.

"Great."

The sleek, feline predator crouched, ready to attack again.

"Listen," Bakari said to Kastiel beside him, " I know we may not have hit it off too great earlier, but I could really use some help here..."
reido
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ningai » 08/18/2010 12:54 AM

Kast snapped out of his depression as he felt cold razors cutting his back as blood seeped from the wound. He heard the roar of Bakari as the little creature defended Kast. Then the plea for help as it was facing the enemy alone. Emotions ran wild through Kast as he joined with the earge to protect Bakari. He opened his wings wide and swooped out of the tree faster than he ever did before. He bashed into the enemy with his beak then tared at it with his claws. His main concern was not to get revenge or to kill the predator, but it was to protect the one who had just saved him.
Ningai
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby reido » 08/18/2010 10:16 AM

The small Beetanke's eyes widened in awe as Kast let loose a barrage of attacks on their assailant. The predator growled and snapped at him, but was unable to get his jaws around the defensive Magistrey. Realizing that its prey was not as easy to catch as expected, he turned tail and fled, snarling back at the two behind it.

The two were now left in silence; Bakari staring at the spot where the other beast had just been. He turned to Kast, still shaking from shock, "T-thank you, I guess. Are you... okay?"
reido
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ningai » 08/18/2010 2:05 PM

I looked back at Bakari. "I am now." I looked at Bakari with softened eyes, "oh and thanks for saving me. You know, you may be small but you have courage." I almost forgot about the wounds on my back till I swooped towards Bakari. The pain kicked in mid-air. My wings collapsed and my body pounded into the ground. 'Dang it! This sucks.' I thought to myself. I hated being injured.  I looked back at Bakari.
You're not afraid of the dark are you?

"I'm not afraid of dying." "How do you know? You've never tried it before!"

"I'm the best at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice."

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villan."

"You alone are trying to bring down a monster. As a cop that's impossible. You must become a monster."

Ningai
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby reido » 08/18/2010 2:22 PM

The small Beetanke rushed towards Kast as he crashed to the ground. "You know," he stated matter-of-factly, "If you had just moved, we wouldn't have this problem right now." Sighing, he crouched down by Kastiel and examined his wounds. "You probably shouldn't be moving right now, it'll just make things worse." Although physically, Bakari did not have much poweress, he was quite intelligent and well-versed in basic healing tactics. Beetankes were a very violent species, so first aid was a necessary skill when your family's favourite past-time was brawling.

Straightening up, he said, "Stay here. I'm going to find something to bind this and disinfect it. Imagine all the germs that beast had in its claws." He shuddered and began to head off into the undergrowth yet again.
reido
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ningai » 08/18/2010 2:35 PM

"It's fine! I'll manage." I said to Bakari. I wasn't one to just be helpless. I really didn't care about wounds. I had had so many in the previous years and tons of scars to show for it. I wasn't just going to be a wimp now. I got up onto my feet. "I can still walk. That's good enough. Where were you heading anyways? (before this whole incident)" I said towards Bakari.
Ningai
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items

Postby reido » 08/18/2010 2:41 PM

Bakari called back to the bird behind him, "As I said before this whole incident, I'm looking for something to eat. I'm famished, and all this excitement has substantially increased my appetite." He was impressed with Kast's resistance to pain, but secretly intended to help fix his wounds later.
reido
Novice Pet Trainer
Novice Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Ningai » 08/18/2010 3:11 PM

I walked closer to where was. "Well then what are you waiting for? Forget about my wound and find yourself some dinner." Now I felt somewhat bad for showing off earlier. I should have let the creature hunt in peace. Well now he could. It wasn't like I was in the condition to show off again!
Ningai
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items

Previous